Top 5 Comic Book Action Sequences

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Obviously, the climactic battle sequence from The Avengers is most likely the general consensus as the greatest action scene put on screen in any comic book film to date. Excluding that monstrosity, how would your top 5 look?

Just ranking them in the order in which I saw them(not greatest to least).

2.Iron Man - Gulmira; I LOVE this scene. By far the coolest Iron Man moment out of all the movies and arguably my favorite MCU moment(The Winter Soldier's freeway battle is up there). Just love how he kills the terrorists not giving a **** about being lethal. So refreshing that they didn't cop out of this. He's literally an arms dealer. Then the tank shooting him down, to him sparring with F-22's. Perfect!

3.The Dark Knight - The Tanker Chase; I still remember my IMAX screening standing up and applauding after the Batpod flipped off the wall after dismantling the Joker's truck. Probably the best action sequence of the Nolan trilogy. Gordon's reveal was also a crowd pleaser as we thought he was dead up until that point.

4. Man of Steel - Smallville Brawl; Definitely revolutionary! Up until this point I don't think we had ever seen anything like this. Crazy stuff.

5. The Winter Soldier - Freeway Battle; This shit was crazy and what made it for me was the Winter Soldier's theme playing in the background. Shit brought chills down the entire audiences spine in a very nostalgic Terminator-esque fashion.

Honorable Mentions: Nightcrawler Attack on the White House - X2, Bane vs Batman - TDKR, Submarine Lift - First Class, Comedian's Death - Watchmen, Spider-Man vs Ock - Spider-Man 2

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Obviously, the climactic battle sequence from The Avengers is most likely the general consensus as the greatest action scene put on screen in any comic book film to date. Excluding that monstrosity, how would your top 5 look?

Just ranking them in the order in which I saw them(not greatest to least).

2.Iron Man - Gulmira; I LOVE this scene. By far the coolest Iron Man moment out of all the movies and arguably my favorite MCU moment(The Winter Soldier's freeway battle is up there). Just love how he kills the terrorists not giving a **** about being lethal. So refreshing that they didn't cop out of this. He's literally an arms dealer. Then the tank shooting him down, to him sparring with F-22's. Perfect!

3.The Dark Knight - The Tanker Chase; I still remember my IMAX screening standing up and applauding after the Batpod flipped off the wall after dismantling the Joker's truck. Probably the best action sequence of the Nolan trilogy. Gordon's reveal was also a crowd pleaser as we thought he was dead up until that point.

4. Man of Steel - Smallville Brawl; Definitely revolutionary! Up until this point I don't think we had ever seen anything like this. Crazy stuff.

5. The Winter Soldier - Freeway Battle; This shit was crazy and what made it for me was the Winter Soldier's theme playing in the background. Shit brought chills down the entire audiences spine in a very nostalgic Terminator-esque fashion.

Honorable Mentions: Nightcrawler Attack on the White House - X2, Bane vs Batman - TDKR, Submarine Lift - First Class, Comedian's Death - Watchmen, Spider-Man vs Ock - Spider-Man 2

#1 is definitely the Winter Soldier scene. It was so good I literally could not believe what I was seeing. #1 to Spiderman vs. Doc Oc, the previously #1.

Arachnid1
1. Spiderman 2: The entire train fight sequence and the skyscraper fight before it. Spidey and Ock grappling while free-falling from the top onto the train below and the entire sequence after that is the best comic book movie fight I've ever seen to this day. F*cking amazing.

2. The Dark Knight: The entire Batmobile/Batpod vs Slaughter Truck sequence. Hands down the best action sequence in the Nolan trilogy.

3. The Incredible Hulk: Hulk vs Abomination is the closest awe-inspiring comic book fight to Spidey vs Ock. This beatdown delivered on what I wanted from this movie. I just wish it ended with Hulk breaking abominations neck instead of stopping for Betty. It is the Hulk after all.

4. Winter Soldier: Freeway brawl. No comment needed, as this is still fresh in our minds. This movie is the best of the Marvel made movies so far, for action and plot.

5. X2: Nightcrawler White House Siege: The most badass thing I've seen in the xmen movies. I remember this entire scene had me in awe when I was younger, and it stared my favorite Xman.

I want Man of Steels action sequences to be in this so badly, but it cant dethrone any of the above for me for some reason. It is of the same quality as the above though, IMO and does deserve a spot.

Firefly218
1. The avengers
2. Winter Soldier freeway scene
3. Spiderman vs och

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Arachnid1
1. Spiderman 2: The entire train fight sequence and the skyscraper fight before it. Spidey and Ock grappling while free-falling from the top onto the train below and the entire sequence after that is the best comic book movie fight I've ever seen to this day. F*cking amazing.

2. The Dark Knight: The entire Batmobile/Batpod vs Slaughter Truck sequence. Hands down the best action sequence in the Nolan trilogy.

3. The Incredible Hulk: Hulk vs Abomination is the closest awe-inspiring comic book fight to Spidey vs Ock. This beatdown delivered on what I wanted from this movie. I just wish it ended with Hulk breaking abominations neck instead of stopping for Betty. It is the Hulk after all.

4. Winter Soldier: Freeway brawl. No comment needed, as this is still fresh in our minds. This movie is the best of the Marvel made movies so far, for action and plot.

5. X2: Nightcrawler White House Siege: The most badass thing I've seen in the xmen movies. I remember this entire scene had me in awe when I was younger, and it stared my favorite Xman.

I want Man of Steels action sequences to be in this so badly, but it cant dethrone any of the above for me for some reason. It is of the same quality as the above though, IMO and does deserve a spot.

Damn, forgot all about the Hulk Abomination fight! I LOVE how they first encountered each other and got it on from the beginning. The Batman sequence is no where on the level with the others IMO. Good action, but not "superhero action." The Superman fight was prettty good.

Impediment
Still haven't seen the Winter Soldier. Soon, though. Soon.

1) Spider-Man 2 - Spidey vs. Doc Ock.

2) Avengers - The climactic battle.

3) Hellboy: The Golden Army - Hellboy vs. Nuada.

4) The Dark Knight - the armored truck chase sequence.

5) Watchmen - Rorschach vs. the police.

ares834
1. Man of Steel - Superman vs Zod

2. Spider-man 2 - Spider-man vs Doc Ock on the train

3. X2 - Nightcrawler infiltrating the White House

4. Man of Steel - Smallville Brawl

5. The Avengers - Hulk vs Loki stick out tongue

Esau Cairn
1. Superman Returns- The entire sequence of Supes trying in vain to save the plane from crashing.

2. X2- Nightcrawler vs The White House.

3. Batman Begins- Wharf scene, taking down the mob, hiding in the shadows. And the final battle with Ras on the train.

4. Spidey 2- Stopping the train.

5. Sin City- Marv taking on Kevin.

Tzeentch
1. Spiderman vs. Doctor Octopus.

2. Captain America vs. Winter Soldier, Round 1.

3. Nightcrawler vs. The Secret Service.

4. Superman vs. Kryptonians in Smallville.

5. idk.

jinXed by JaNx
I'll have to give this question some more thought but trying to go off the top of my head...,

MOS/
Superman/Kryptonians (smallville fight)

Hellboy/
Subway sequence
I chose this one because of the practical effects.

Superman Returns/
Plane sequence
Not a fan of the movie but that was a thrilling action scene

Spideman 2/
fight with Doc Ock leading to the train sequence.

Punisher (jane)/
attack on Castles family

-Pr-
While I would say the Avengers, I still feel the need to point out why. That tracking shot, that starts with Black Widow and doesn't cut (or at least, doesn't appear to) as it transitions to show each member fighting against the Chitauri is imo, something special.

So yeah, definitely Avengers as #1.

#2 Blade 2. Either the fight against the mooks or the fight against Nomak.

#3 Comedian vs Ozymandias in Watchmen.

#4 Spidey Vs Ock in SM2.

#5 Either of the big fights in Man of Steel.

RedX1852
are we taking choreography into account, cuz TWS had some of the best I've seen in a Action Movie, besides Tony Jaa

Mindship
1. MOS Superman vs Zod
2. Avengers vs Chitauri
3. 'Superman Returns' plane sequence.
4. Bana Hulk fighting military
5. Spider-Man (SM2) vs Doc Oc (in city)

Honorable mention: Ruffalo Hulk vs Loki

TH3_V01D
I dont need to make a list because Man of Steel fights just rapes all the competition in terms of scale and power.

Special mention of the train fight of Spidey vs Ock in SM2

jaden101
In no particular order.

Blade: the opening fight in the nightclub/slaughterhouse.
Watchmen: Dr Manhattan powers montage
MoS: Smallville fight
300: Stelios/Astinos fight
Avengers: iron man/Thor/capt A fight
CA:WS: boat scene.

That's six. So **** you.

I'd also give a mention to Silver Surfer chase scene.

0mega Spawn
X2 - white house seige 1-5

Werewolf582
1. Smallville Brawl
2. Nightcrawler: White House
3. Avengers final battle
4. Hulk vs Loki
5. Spider-Man vs Doc Oc

Lestov16
Having not seen Winter Soldier yet, I will say

1) Every fight in MOS; remains the best action I have ever seen in a film
2) Batman vs the Slaughter truck in TDK; my audience was cheering
3) Abomination vs Hulk; felt almost like a Godzilla fight
4) Doc Ock vs Spidey on the subway; everything from the visuals to the tension to the heartwarming heroism was done nigh-perfectly
5) Blade vs the vampire nightclub; one of the most badass character introductions ever put onscreen

Honorable mention:
X2 White House seige
Every battle in 300
Hit Girl vs the hallway
Iron Man WTFpwning the terrorists

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
1. Man of Steel - Superman vs Zod

laughing out loud

jaden101
I'd have to move the Quicksilver scene possibly to my number 1. It really was spectacular. The opening fight of DoFP was also excellent.

Arachnid1
I actually forgot about the ending sequence in First Class with Magneto turning the missiles on the ships and Xavier trying to stop him. One of my favorite X-men sequences along with the Nightcrawler White House Siege.

DoFPs Quick Silver Scene and the end scene with Magneto vs Everyone were pretty close to that though.

HROuYFRJepQ

TH3_V01D
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

Is better than all the crappy nerfed fights of the MCU and you know it

God Cloth Seiya
I just rewatched MOS, quan chi has no right to laugh. That final fight was amazing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.