Mark Hamill better of without SW as an actor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shey Tapani
I am not talking about money, i am talking about creative opportunities.

Anybody else thinks old Hamill is a much more well rounded and charismatic actor? I saw him in Sushi Girl where he stole the show and in the Flash series where he made an amazing Trickster despite the terrible outfit and ridiculous dialogue.

Is Hamill like fine wine? He seems much more interesting and charismatic as he got a bit older. Maybe he becomes popular later he might not had been a star for a decade, just a character actor who finds steady high profile work and has his niche fanbase.

riv6672
If i'm getting your meaning then, no, he wouldnt have been better off without SW.
Granted, those movies typecast him, but name recognition is what got him through the ensuing years.
No one can say what he might have done without his iconic role of course, still, trading on his SW fame is what helped him get many of his later roles, in which he did excel. So yes he's aged well acting wise but without SW we might never know that.

Esau Cairn
Hamill played a fat, old drama queen in Sushi Girl.
Not really a stretch of acting abilities IMO.

riv6672
See?
The really good ones make you think its easy. big grin

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by riv6672
If i'm getting your meaning then, no, he wouldnt have been better off without SW.
Granted, those movies typecast him, but name recognition is what got him through the ensuing years.
No one can say what he might have done without his iconic role of course, still, trading on his SW fame is what helped him get many of his later roles, in which he did excel. So yes he's aged well acting wise but without SW we might never know that.

Did SW help him besides getting the role in The Big Red One?

ronaldcoffin
good 1..!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.