DCNU Aquaman VS Luke Cage NOW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Aquaman-DCNU

VS

Luke Cage

Cage or Curry?

pym-ftw
Arthur get his trident? He wins.

Without it gets a lot closer.

carver9
Arthur stomps.

8swords
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Arthur get his trident? He wins.

Without it gets a lot closer.

celeyhyga17
AQ

Khazra Reborn
Arthur destroys, with or without the trident.

deathslash
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Arthur destroys, with or without the trident. apparently someone hasn't seen Cage's recent fight with Proxima Midnight. whistle Cage loses but he has a vast history of fighting and doing very well against characters that are out of his strength class.

Branlor Swift
Aquaman, the vastly superior being to Superman? I'd give it to him...

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by deathslash
apparently someone hasn't seen Cage's recent fight with Proxima Midnight. whistle Cage loses but he has a vast history of fighting and doing very well against characters that are out of his strength class.
What was so impressive about that fight..? Proxima is not top tier in str and dur...

God Cloth Seiya
Aquaman stomps

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by deathslash
apparently someone hasn't seen Cage's recent fight with Proxima Midnight. whistle Cage loses but he has a vast history of fighting and doing very well against characters that are out of his strength class.

Yeah, if Proxima slugged it out with Arthur the way she did with Cage, she'd get destroyed too. I'm guessing you didn't see Aquaman chopping up the Karaqan, or any of the dozens of other feats he's been accumulating in the DCnU

SamZED
AM is class 100+.
Cage isn't anywhere close to that.

Stoic
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
What was so impressive about that fight..? Proxima is not top tier in str and dur...

Neither is Aquaman. Unless you're saying that he is on Thor, Superman, and Silver Surfer's level. Cage does well. He loses, but he puts up some numbers.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by SamZED
AM is class 100+.
Cage isn't anywhere close to that. durability wise he could be, Bendis seems to think Cage is atleast.

deathslash
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Yeah, if Proxima slugged it out with Arthur the way she did with Cage, she'd get destroyed too. I'm guessing you didn't see Aquaman chopping up the Karaqan, or any of the dozens of other feats he's been accumulating in the DCnU I did see that feat, I've been one of Aquaman's biggest supporters since the new 52 started and I even acknowledged that Cage loses. I'm just saying that Cage doesn't go down without some semblance of a fight. Historically speaking, Cage has fought characters well out of his class and done very well against them. I don't think Cage wins, but I do think that he has the potential to put up a nice fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Cage being able to give Aquaman a good fight is hardly a knock against Arthur. As a matter of fact, I'd argue it's exactly what would happen if we go by some of his higher end portrayals such as under Bendis.

He was able to slug it out with Jen and even though she let him, it still required strength to knock her out. In that same book, IIRC he even -barely- survived a Nuclear Bomb. He also put up a fight against Namor underwater before being beaten. Didn't he also slug it out with Ben?

It's Aquaman people, not Superman.

I also don't know why people bring up Proxima like it was a bad thing? Slugging it out with someone -who casually jumped down to Earth from orbit unharmed- with such force they were rocking New York City is right up there with what would be considered a great feat for Aquaman.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Arthur stomps.
thumb up

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Stoic
Neither is Aquaman. Unless you're saying that he is on Thor, Superman, and Silver Surfer's level. Cage does well. He loses, but he puts up some numbers.
You're putting words in my mouth.. I asked my question because it seemed like Proxima was being touted as something special when it came to strength and durability...

Which bring us to your statement. It doesn't really add anything to the thread. Now can you explain to me where you were trying to go with it?

Stoic
You're putting words in my mouth.. I asked my question because it seemed like Proxima was being touted as something special when it came to strength and durability...

Which bring us to your statement. It doesn't really add anything to the thread. Now can you explain to me where you were trying to go with it?

I said that Aquaman isn't a top tier in strength or dur... as well. Now Proxima from her showings would not be destroyed by Aquaman either.I don't see where I put any words in your mouth. You made a statement. Not just a question.

celeyhyga17
I said that Aquaman isn't a top tier in strength or dur... as well. Now Proxima from her showings would not be destroyed by Aquaman either.I don't see where I put any words in your mouth. You made a statement. Not just a question.
Well it was obvious that statement was used merely in support of my question. That post was still basically one question.

Stoic
Well it was obvious that statement was used merely in support of my question. That post was still basically one question.

OK well if that's what you meant. I took it as both. Proxima doesn't have enough in terms of lifting feats to give her a level, but I'm more than sure that based on her performance against Cage, that she is a class 100, capable of beating guys like Tiger Shark without much problem. Cage is tough, and has to be over what many think he is. He one shot KO'd the Rhino, who was classified as a class 80-85 I believe. I also didn't view her battle with Cage as him having the upper hand, but more like trying to keep up. You never said it, but others believe that Aquaman would destroy her as well.

I wouldn't vote in his favor if that were the case. All the same, sorry for the mix up.

carver9
Aquaman is top tier in strength and durability.

Stoic
Aquaman is top tier in strength and durability.

No he isn't don't kid yourself. Thor is a top tier, Superman is a top tier, the Silver Surfer is a top tier, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Hulk, Majestic. These are top tiers. Aquaman is a peg or two below them, which isn't really a bad thing.

celeyhyga17
OK well if that's what you meant. I took it as both. Proxima doesn't have enough in terms of lifting feats to give her a level, but I'm more than sure that based on her performance against Cage, that she is a class 100, capable of beating guys like Tiger Shark without much problem. Cage is tough, and has to be over what many think he is. He one shot KO'd the Rhino, who was classified as a class 80-85 I believe. I also didn't view her battle with Cage as him having the upper hand, but more like trying to keep up. You never said it, but others believe that Aquaman would destroy her as well.

I wouldn't vote in his favor if that were the case. All the same, sorry for the mix up.
Gaddaaamit!

I was expecting a vitriolic response... Why's everyone so polite??

I wish it was still like the old days circa a week ago when digi and Delph were having their fake squabble and everyone was taking sides.

sad

Now lets see... Where can I start some trouble?

Stoic
Gaddaaamit!

I was expecting a vitriolic response... Why's everyone so polite??

I wish it was still like the old days circa a week ago when digi and Delph were having their fake squabble and everyone was taking sides.

sad

Hey brother go play DCUO, You can get all of the rude shit that you can stand.

carver9
No he isn't don't kid yourself. Thor is a top tier, Superman is a top tier, the Silver Surfer is a top tier, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Hulk, Majestic. These are top tiers. Aquaman is a peg or two below them, which isn't really a bad thing.

Aquaman is PHYSICALLY a top tier. He has the fts. Hell, it was recently stated that him, Superman, and Supergirl are the strongest beings on the planet.

celeyhyga17
Aquaman is PHYSICALLY a top tier. He has the fts. Hell, it was recently stated that him, Superman, and Supergirl are the strongest beings on the planet.

Err...

I'm not even sure if he's Wonder Man level... And Wonder Man himself is a notch below the top tier guys strengthwise.

LordofBrooklyn
sad

Thor is a worthless Blonde whore.

The Thor Corps is finished.

KNEEL BEFORE THE HOUSE OF EL!

carver9
Err...

I'm not even sure if he's Wonder Man level... And Wonder Man himself is a notch below the top tier guys strengthwise.

Why not? His strength fts are more concrete than Wonderman. Didn't he one shot ko Superman along with taking out a guy that defeat the League?

Stoic

Carver if you believe that Aquaman could withstand the things that Superman, and the rest of the top tiers can say it. However even if you believe this to be true, you will be wrong. Aquaman can not lift the World Tree, or stop the World engine. He can not resist forces capable of liquefying adamantium, or survive in the heart of a star. We will never see him holding back forces capable of tearing worlds apart, nor will we ever see him one man Darkseid. He is not a top tier.

Despite what was written in one comic about him.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Thor is a worthless Blonde whore.

The Thor Corps is finished.

KNEEL BEFORE THE HOUSE OF EL!
Lol!

You are made of win Lob!

http://img.pandawhale.com/41397-Picard-clapping-applause-gif-vX3R.gif

LordofBrooklyn
Carver, you can't escape the wrath of PR despite your Aquaman worship!

celeyhyga17
Why not? His strength fts are more concrete than Wonderman. Didn't he one shot ko Superman along with taking out a guy that defeat the League?
Someone is trying to win brownie points from PR.

Stoic

Do you believe that Aquaman would stand a chance against Superman if he went all out against him? Yes or No?

LordofBrooklyn
Do you believe that Aquaman would stand a chance against Superman if he went all out against him? Yes or No?

For the love of PR the answer is always....

YES!

carver9
Carver if you believe that Aquaman could withstand the things that Superman, and the rest of the top tiers can say it. However even if you believe this to be true, you will be wrong. Aquaman can not lift the World Tree, or stop the World engine. He can not resist forces capable of liquefying adamantium, or survive in the heart of a star. We will never see him holding back forces capable of tearing worlds apart, nor will we ever see him one man Darkseid. He is not a top tier.

Despite what was written in one comic about him.

Just because Superman accomplished a strength ft doesn't mean Thor could do it and just because Hulk accomplished a ft doesn't mean Superman could do it. Those fts you've named doesn't put you in the high herald category. Hell, there are some people with Elite strength in the low to Mid Herald ranking. I think you are completely missing my argument. Aquaman has ELITE strength. I'll say it like this, his strength fts are above people like Terrax and Nova Prime.

UUUUMMMM, Superman didn't one man Darkseid. Do you think current Superman is an elite?

Also, this isn't about Pr since he doesn't think Aquaman is a top tier physically. I think he is though. I also think Namor is as well.

carver9

Me thinking that Superman would beat Aquaman doesn't mean Aquaman isn't an Elite. Supeman beat OMAC and OMAC is clearly an elite since, well, he has been dropping teams of Heralds.

BlackWind
Aquaman wins and without much difficulty, IMO.

Stoic
Me thinking that Superman would beat Aquaman doesn't mean Aquaman isn't an Elite. Supeman beat OMAC and OMAC is clearly an elite since, well, he has been dropping teams of Heralds.

You are clearly mixing up an elite top tier with guys on Aquaman's level. Going all out he may reach up to what the elite top tiers do when they hold back. Do you believe that If Aquaman fought Thor without his hammer that he would win?

Badabing
Me thinking that Superman would beat Aquaman doesn't mean Aquaman isn't an Elite. Supeman beat OMAC and OMAC is clearly an elite since, well, he has been dropping teams of Heralds. Carver, Stoic said Hulk was a nerd and wimp! osheet

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Cage being able to give Aquaman a good fight is hardly a knock against Arthur. As a matter of fact, I'd argue it's exactly what would happen if we go by some of his higher end portrayals such as under Bendis.

He was able to slug it out with Jen and even though she let him, it still required strength to knock her out. In that same book, IIRC he even -barely- survived a Nuclear Bomb. He also put up a fight against Namor underwater before being beaten. Didn't he also slug it out with Ben?

It's Aquaman people, not Superman.

I also don't know why people bring up Proxima like it was a bad thing? Slugging it out with someone -who casually jumped down to Earth from orbit unharmed- with such force they were rocking New York City is right up there with what would be considered a great feat for Aquaman. You're right when you say it isn't Superman. No, it's the guy who one punched Superman and beat the guy who one shotted the League

Golgo13
Aquaman, of course.

carver9
You are clearly mixing up an elite top tier with guys on Aquaman's level. Going all out he may reach up to what the elite top tiers do when they hold back. Do you believe that If Aquaman fought Thor without his hammer that he would win?

What is Aquamans level? Do you think Current Wonder Woman is an Elite strength wise?

Tony Stark
Cage's durability is nigh no doubt but, Aquaman is just too much for him.

Stoic
What is Aquamans level? Do you think Current Wonder Woman is an Elite strength wise?

Not quite. She's close, closer than Aquaman when not holding back, if both were not holding back that is. i would place the both of them in Firelord's range, which is low to mid Herald. The top tier class do crazy shit like pull continents, tow planets, tear open dimensional barriers. Aquaman is strong, I'm not saying that he isn't, he just isn't going to go toe to toe with Majestic, Hyperion, Orion, or Blue Marvel, and pull a win. That's the difference between them.

abhilegend
facepalm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.