Juggernaut Vs Rulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep...

Current Juggernaut

Vs

Current Rulk

Epicurus
Juggs wins.

Flyattractor
Is current Juggs back to full powered or still Needs to be on a Team cause he is Weak?

Supermex
Would anyone put Juggy at or near Classic lvl?

Stoic
Originally posted by Supermex
Would anyone put Juggy at or near Classic lvl?

It really doesn't matter. Classic Juggernaut would kill him, and nerfed Juggernaut would beat him. Rulk wasn't even retconned, he was simply weakened without ever giving anyone a logical, or suitable explanation for the reasons of his power decrease. The decrease was so dramatic, that I think Luke Cage could probably beat the shit out of him.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Stoic
It really doesn't matter. Classic Juggernaut would kill him, and nerfed Juggernaut would beat him. Rulk wasn't even retconned, he was simply weakened without ever giving anyone a logical, or suitable explanation for the reasons of his power decrease. The decrease was so dramatic, that I think Luke Cage could probably beat the shit out of him.
Hell. I am still waiting for an explanation as to when Ross morphed into Rulk why his MUSTACHE disappears!??

dial J for Josh

Damn was Rulk nerfed that hard? Has he lost or looked unimpressive in some one on ones to warrant him being this weak? Or has he simply not done anything as of late.

Stoic
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Damn was Rulk nerfed that hard? Has he lost or looked unimpressive in some one on ones to warrant him being this weak? Or has he simply not done anything as of late.

He got KO'd by a 7 mile drop. This is a guy that was able to leap to the Moon without much effort. They are continually nerfing the character, and much of it has to do with writers acting unprofessional due to the ass beatings that Rulk handed out under Loeb's pen. Yes at this point Luke Cage would give him the swirlies in a public toilet near you. I'm surprised that Ikaris didn't completely wipe the floor with him. But there's always round two to look forward to.

The thing that's really bad, is that nerfing Rulk so bad, without warrant, or proper explanation, indirectly lessens the guys that have beaten him in terms of feats.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Hell. I am still waiting for an explanation as to when Ross morphed into Rulk why his MUSTACHE disappears!?? great now i need to know this

Stoic
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
great now i need to know this

Good question. I think it had a lot to do with keeping his secret as to who he was when he first appeared on the scene. I guess it's just a mystery, like how the Hulk never ripped Banner's size 34's to shreds.

KingD19
MODOK did it a while back.

Stoic
Originally posted by KingD19
MODOK did it a while back.

Explain.

KingD19
there's a book where MODOK explains that Ross volunteered to become Rulk. And he basically gives a rundown of the whole situation. I'll have to find it though.

dial J for Josh
He got KO'd by a 7 mile drop. This is a guy that was able to leap to the Moon without much effort. They are continually nerfing the character, and much of it has to do with writers acting unprofessional due to the ass beatings that Rulk handed out under Loeb's pen. Yes at this point Luke Cage would give him the swirlies in a public toilet near you. I'm surprised that Ikaris didn't completely wipe the floor with him. But there's always round two to look forward to.

The thing that's really bad, is that nerfing Rulk so bad, without warrant, or proper explanation, indirectly lessens the guys that have beaten him in terms of feats.

...sigh its sad how a character can be on cloud nine and nearly unbeatable then out of no where he just loses his steam. I wish writters would suspend any form of bias and collaborate for the sake of continuity and consistency, because if there is anything I hate in comics or anything in general is inconsistency. Give us some sort of an explanation to this dramatic nerf. Perhaps that Rulk's gamma radiation was different from hulks, like a less organic form, so overtime it deteriorated hence weakening him? Im just throwing random ideas out... just give us something. And you are right it does lower the value of other characters who defeated him as opposed to the past.

Stoic
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
...sigh its sad how a character can be on cloud nine and nearly unbeatable then out of no where he just loses his steam. I wish writters would suspend any form of bias and collaborate for the sake of continuity and consistency, because if there is anything I hate in comics or anything in general is inconsistency. Give us some sort of an explanation to this dramatic nerf. Perhaps that Rulk's gamma radiation was different from hulks, like a less organic form, so overtime it deteriorated hence weakening him? Im just throwing random ideas out... just give us something. And you are right it does lower the value of other characters who defeated him as opposed to the past.

Nope it was due to writers getting upset about Rulk handing out ass whippings like a Black Jack dealer. Betty never lost her power, and is still capable of doing the exact same things that Rulk was able to, but they went and hushed that up, until they can find a viable reason of how to nerf her as well. As far as I can tell, Rulk can still amplify his body the same way that he was able to before. What they did was make it so that if he did, it could kill him, which was a lie from what I believe.

From now on, Rulk could be a super powerhouse, or the new Rhino. It will depend on the writer. They didn't even bother to add the fact that Ross has military combat training, which as you know would be extremely dangerous for a Class 100 to use against just about anyone close to his size, or smaller.

guy222
Loeb Rulk wins. Recent loses

SamZED
I thought Rulk is weaker because he no longer drains his opponents energy because if he does he won't be able to transform back? Think I heard smithing like that.

Stoic
Originally posted by SamZED
I thought Rulk is weaker because he no longer drains his opponents energy because if he does he won't be able to transform back? Think I heard smithing like that.

I'll have to check, but I think that this theory was debunked. Banner lied to him. Again I have to check, unless someone beats me to it. I hope that someone beats me to it LOL.

KingD19
Banner did lie. MODOK confirmed it. The only threat Rulk had was overheating, and I believe MODK found a way around that issue as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.