Revan's Lightsaber form

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Revan, Celebrated as a Jedi Knight, dreaded as a Dark Lord Of The Sitb. Saviour, Conqueror, Hero, Villain. In the end Revan was all those things and much more. He is considered by his master, Kreia, to be the heart of the force. Whether you loved him or hate him, Revan is still a very hot plate that everyone wants to try, he was skilled in force lightning, Telekinesis, Force grip, Force choke, Force crush, Force healing and could even conjure up a force storm as well as use the force to rain down a hail of asteroids at his opponents, in his holocron. He is stated to know ancient sith techniques some of which Darth Bane considered too dangerous, he had great knowledge of tutaminis and could open himself to both sides of the Force. Revan is - with out doubt, the most powerful Force user of his time, having knowledge of the dark and the light.
however with that said his lightsaber from has never really been elaborated, which is very foolish in my opinion, so I will take upon myself to explore Revan's form, all of this will be based on Revan's personality(which is very common IMO. Dooku-Makashi Obi-Wan-Soresu)

Revan was a powerful warrior and swordsman, he was able to defeat Mandalore The ultimate who was considered the strongest of the mandalorians( AT THE TIME) and the legendary echani General Yusanis. Who challenged the dark Lord. OK judging from this we can safely say revan was good in one V one combat and was able to stand against Yusanis' double blade so he could've known Ataru or Makashi. During his retraining as a Jedi, Revan Remained a powerful duelist, having defeated the Jedi Juhani who was primarily a lightsaber duelist, he would also defeat The Headmaster of the Sith academy Uthar Wrynn who wielded a double lightsaber and his shoto wielding apprentice Yuthura Ban, and took on the entire korriban academy. Having said all of that I believe Revan was skilled in Shien or Shii-Cho both of which would make a lot of sense, since revan being a tactical and calculating fighter would not weaken himself I think both forms could easily apply to him, IMO. He was able to defeat his old friend Malak who was considered one of the best duelist of his time, while he was being powered by the dreaded Star Forge, as well as Bastila under the demoralizing effect of her battle meditation. This heavily implies Revan was skilled in a one on one lightsaber form, like Ataru or Makashi which could clash with Bastila's more aggressive and untamed style and malak's Ferocious yet focused form. He was able to hold his own against the true sith emperor while under the effect of the drug, which would ultimately lead to his capture and Meetra's death, he would later fight against a imperial strike team, once again his battle with strike team shows that he might know Shii-Cho or Shien. Form what I gather Revan Knew Shien and either Ataru or Makashi as both form were quite common during the Jedi Civil, I however, don't believe revan would learn Niman considering he was not the kind of Jedi to choose weakness over power IMO.

DarthAnt66
"However, it is my unofficial opinion that Revan would generally have used "Form VI - Niman". This form works well for anyone who is intelligent and adaptable, as Revan obviously was. It has no real weaknesses, and even though it is not as aggressive as other forms it enables the user to unleash powerful Force abilities more easily during combat. Revan was skilled in lightsaber combat, but knew true strength came from using all the other Force abilities in conjunction with lightsaber combat. Form VI would allow Revan to spend less time focusing on lightsaber skills, and more time developing other Force powers."
―Drew Karpyshyn

However, he was also "highly proficient" at all forms, and used them all in his style, as shown in various sources.

PTforthewin
He didn't he relied on his arrogance and "chosen one like capabilities" to defeat enemies with the force

DarthAnt66
Arrogance? You seem to know nothing on Revan. laughing out loud

PTforthewin
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Arrogance? You seem to know nothing on Revan. laughing out loud he's one of those anakin skywalker type defiant jedi

DarthAnt66
He's not defiant because he thinks he's stronger then everyone else.
He's defiant because he disproves with the Jedi Council's views on the force and their teachings.

I would agree in the Mando Wars he is a Anakin type, but he slowly evolved into kinda like a Dooku/Jinn.

Fated Xtasy
"However, it is my unofficial opinion that Revan would generally have used "Form VI - Niman". This form works well for anyone who is intelligent and adaptable, as Revan obviously was. It has no real weaknesses, and even though it is not as aggressive as other forms it enables the user to unleash powerful Force abilities more easily during combat. Revan was skilled in lightsaber combat, but knew true strength came from using all the other Force abilities in conjunction with lightsaber combat. Form VI would allow Revan to spend less time focusing on lightsaber skills, and more time developing other Force powers."
―Drew Karpyshyn

However, he was also "highly proficient" at all forms, and used them all in his style, as shown in various sources.

But the question remains, to what extent did Revan choose to go with Niman? somewhere to Exar Kun level? or maybe to the level of TPM Maul or to Cin Drallig's level?

I kinda find it funny how I literally contradicted my self by listing the four forms Niman uses, then said I don't think revan used NIman lol, though two quick question for Ant, since Juyo was created somewhere around the time of the great Jedi purge, do you think revan learned said from sith holocrons or do you think he never learned the form and implemented it into Niman? second question, do you think revan also delved the shien's sister form Djem So?

Emperordmb
I'd say Revan's main form is Niman as it makes the most since.

Though Ataru, Shien, and obviously Shii-Cho would be under his belt as well. His poses and stuff in SWTOR indicate elements of Makashi as well.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd say Revan's main form is Niman as it makes the most since.

Though Ataru, Shien, and obviously Shii-Cho would be under his belt as well. His poses and stuff in SWTOR indicate elements of Makashi as well. haahahah revan is a niman noob id like to see him get slaughtered by a bunch of battle droids in geonosis

Tzeentch
I really, really hate how the EU has handled the lightsaber styles.

"it is not as aggressive as other forms it enables the user to unleash powerful Force abilities more easily during combat". Really? How the **** does that work? It's like saying that tae-kwon-do is less aggressive than boxing but allows you to count to 100 backwards in the middle of combat better. Jesus.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I really, really hate how the EU has handled the lightsaber styles.

"it is not as aggressive as other forms it enables the user to unleash powerful Force abilities more easily during combat". Really? How the **** does that work? It's like saying that tae-kwon-do is less aggressive than boxing but allows you to count to 100 backwards in the middle of combat better. Jesus.
Niman doesn't require as much training, so to compensate users train with emphasis on chaining in force attacks.

Tzeentch
But fighting doesn't work that way. How good of a fighter you are is directly affected by how much effort you put into it- there is no such thing as an "EZ Mode" style that allows you to be as good of a fighter as someone who's spent more time training.

As far as using force abilities during combat, again, how *you* fight should have zero bearing on that. If using the force during a duel requires concentration, how well you can concentrate correlates entirely with how aggressive your opponent is being, not you.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by PTforthewin
haahahah revan is a niman noob id like to see him get slaughtered by a bunch of battle droids in geonosis
He's also highly proficient in Ataru, as seen in his conquest against the Mandos and how he slaughtered all those armies of war droids.

DarthAnt66
Juyo was not created in the PT era, for Kreia at much knowledge on it.
I would believe he used Juyo mainly during the time of his Dark Lord, and found it via holograms (Or Traya taught him).

Not quite sure what you are asking, but if you are asking Revan practiced Djem So, my answer is defiantly. Numerous canonical illustrations of him show him using it:
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100612162935/starwars/images/thumb/f/ff/MalakRevanSithtroops-Timeline8.jpg/220px-MalakRevanSithtroops-Timeline8.jpg
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100611230503/starwars/images/thumb/f/f6/Revan_fights_Sith.jpg/210px-Revan_fights_Sith.jpg

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Juyo was not created in the PT era, for Kreia at much knowledge on it.
I would believe he used Juyo mainly during the time of his Dark Lord, and found it via holograms (Or Traya taught him).

He means Sions Jedi purge, the first one.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Tzeentch
But fighting doesn't work that way. How good of a fighter you are is directly affected by how much effort you put into it- there is no such thing as an "EZ Mode" style that allows you to be as good of a fighter as someone who's spent more time training.

As far as using force abilities during combat, again, how *you* fight should have zero bearing on that. If using the force during a duel requires concentration, how well you can concentrate correlates entirely with how aggressive your opponent is being, not you.

Yeah, SW forms got stupid because people decided not to read Fightsaber while embellishing on forms. Stover, Barton, and others are to blame.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by PTforthewin
haahahah revan is a niman noob id like to see him get slaughtered by a bunch of battle droids in geonosis

Well considering he lived in an era were both blaster fire, vibro-blades, bothan stunner and sabers, I highly doubt he'd be slaughtered by battle droids who are less competent than the mandalorians in terms of fighting, but based on your user name and your comment I can safely assume I'm wasting my breath trying to make you understand.

And Form III: Soresu, as well. he also could've incorporated Sith version Niman which could've included Form VII: Juyo.

he could've also learned from Tulak Hord's holocron maybe? or the Sith teachings of Malachor?

S_W_LeGenD
Canonical depictions/actions of Revan imply following:-

- Shien
- Ataru
- Makashi
- Juyo

It is possible that Revan was practitioner of all forms of lightsaber combat. He may also have customized his combat techniques for unpredictability.

Some depictions:-

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/41224/2036951-revan_vs_mandalore_1.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101005093918/swtor/de/images/d/d1/Revan_Malak_Sith_Emperor.jpg

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SWTOR-Revan.jpg

http://www.starburstmagazine.com/images/feb2012/star_wars_revan_review.jpg

http://www.customstarwars.freeweb.hu/njmkepek/revanvsbastila.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.