Son of Batman (2014)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Son of Batman (2014)
Video 74 min - Animation | Action | Adventure - 6 May 2014 (USA)

Plot

Batman learns that he has a violent, unruly pre-teen son with Talia al Ghul named Damian Wayne who is secretly being raised by Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins. When Ra's al Ghul apparently dies after a battle with Deathstroke, Batman must work to stop his long-lost son from taking revenge and guiding him to a righteous path, in addition to the chance for the pair to truly acknowledging each other as family.

Cast

Jason O'Mara as Bruce Wayne / Batman
Stuart Allan as Damian Wayne / Robin
Morena Baccarin as Talia al Ghul
Giancarlo Esposito as Ra's al Ghul
David McCallum as Alfred Pennyworth
Xander Berkeley as Kirk Langstrom
Thomas Gibson as Slade Wilson / Deathstroke
Sean Maher as Dick Grayson / Nightwing
Bruce Thomas as James Gordon
Fred Tatasciore as Waylon Jones / Killer Croc

Stoic
This movie is going to blow you guys away.

Galan007
This was an excellent movie. Damian was a cocky badass, and the dynamic between he and Bruce was very well done. I also liked that Ra's was finally portrayed in an uber light, when he deflected mass amounts of gunfire and tooled dozens of ninjas. The only thing I didn't like is how inept Deathstroke came across as.

But all in all, this was one of my favorite movies in the DCAU--right up there with 'Under The Red Hood'. This may also be the most violent animated flick DC's put out. thumb up

SamZED
Was going to say the same thing. Slade seemed kind of pathetic. Other than that it's a good movie.

BruceSkywalker
can't wait to buy

Stoic
Yeah it's going to worth the purchase. I think that this may have been one of the best if not the best cartoon movies I have ever watched. I only had two mild complaints about it. No Kevin Conroy, and they seemed to have retconned Deathstroke. He wasn't as imposing as I'd like, but other than that the movie is great.

JayDaDon
Batman straight up treated Slade like some feeb haermm but I did like the film and im thinking DC may be getting ready to bring Damian back from the dead.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Batman straight up treated Slade like some feeb haermm but I did like the film and im thinking DC may be getting ready to bring Damian back from the dead.

he returns in July big grin

JayDaDon
So it's confirmed that the "Robin" who is returning is in fact Damian?

Galan007
Yes. However, Dick/Nightwing is also in the movie.

JayDaDon
Where was it confirmed? I thought it was still speculation so far.

Galan007
Let me make sure I understand the question: are you asking if Damian became Robin in this movie? If so, then yes, Damian became Robin. He donned the original Robin suit and Bruce referred to him as 'Robin' a number of times.

If that isn't what you're asking then please rephrase the question.

JayDaDon
No sorry I was talking about the comics and the idea that theyre likely bringing back Damian in the comics to coincide with the release of the animated feature.

Galan007
Oh lol. It hasn't yet been explicitly stated, but all teasers point to Damian returning in the upcoming one-shot "Robin Rises: Omega", slated for release in July.

Wei Phoenix
Giancarlo Esposito is doing a voice? Well I have to watch it now.

-Pr-
sad

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t590574.html

Joking aside, hoping to watch this tonight.

Stoic
I did a search for it. I guess that the titles were so different that it didn't show up for me. Sorry.

Kazenji
Shows you how terrible the search is

surely "Son of Batman" would've got a match.....fail.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Stoic
I did a search for it. I guess that the titles were so different that it didn't show up for me. Sorry.

lol, i'm teasing. It happens all of the time.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Shows you how terrible the search is

surely "Son of Batman" would've got a match.....fail.

The search isn't terrible; just has to be used a certain way.

Kazenji
Still my point stands.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
Still my point stands.

Not really. shrug

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=title%3A%28son+of+batman%29&showposts=0

Kazenji
If you believe it works then good for you.

-Pr-
It does work, which I just showed you by linking to it. It isn't the most intuitive search in the world, but it still fulfils the function of being a search.

Alas, this is off-topic though.

BruceSkywalker
watched this tonight.. i loved it, wished it was longer tough

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.