The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Im looking forward to this.

L1RRyrWk0Vs

A7ZhLA9UT_c

Kazenji
Originally posted by Kazenji LeBCQXWyhuQ

I hope Beenox doesn't leave a bug/glitch this time around that ****s up your save.

Estacado
^
Cool trailer!
Yay for Carnage!

Kazenji
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Delayed, Possibly Cancelled on Xbox One

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-release-for-amazing-spider-man-2-tbd/0131293

Nephthys
Can't say I'm sad. Movie cash in games suck.

Hopefully people will just not bother in the future.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nephthys
. Movie cash in games suck.

Not all don't

you do get some that are good.

Estacado
Most of the movie game do suck.
However Imo ASM game was pretty good.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Estacado

However Imo ASM game was pretty good.

And it also had a better Rhino design then what were getting for the second movie.

Estacado
Wasnt it said Rhino appears for only 4 minutes?

Edit:
Just checked he does look like shit.....haermm

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Can't say I'm sad. Movie cash in games suck.

Hopefully people will just not bother in the future. Never played Spider Man 2?

Tzeentch
Return of the King and Two Towers?

Kazenji
Goldeneye
King Kong

and etc.

BlackZero30x
They "delayed" this on Xbox One. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/17/the-amazing-spider-man-2-potentially-cancelled-on-xbox-one?abthid=53500bbf5b1c13306a000022

Kazenji
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
They "delayed" this on Xbox One. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/17/the-amazing-spider-man-2-potentially-cancelled-on-xbox-one?abthid=53500bbf5b1c13306a000022

No shit....look a couple posts above.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Kazenji
No shit....look a couple posts above.

you mean 9 posts above? because a couple of posts above is a comment of the two towers.

Estacado
So did you guys like the previous game?

Arachnid1
The previous game was great, but it was a mazzive downgrade gameplay wise from pretty much every open world Spidey game (especially Spiderman 2). The combat bugged me too. I don't like the Arkham Asylum combat. I liked punching for x and kicking for y, and mixing that with web and jumping for awesome combos. Arkhams fighting always felt a bit scripted and not all that fun for me.

I also hated the fact that the web attached to the sky. I liked how cinematic the camera was, being up close to Spidey, but that was about it when it came to swinging. Not as fun as usual. This one seems to fix that though (I don't like how you cant do a complete flip/360 circle while swinging though. The swinging overall seems more restricted than Spiderman 2/3 and Ultimate.

BlackZero30x
I did like the previous Amazing Spider-Man game. My few complaints are more or less the same as Arachnids....buggy combat and webs attaching to the sky...that sort of thing. I also wasn't a fan of how EVERYTHING seemed to be spliced with an animal.

All of the main bugs have been fixed according to the studio so thats a major plus! Also, I think it would be pretty easy to make a very (non movie related) successful Spider-Man game series that rivals the Arkham games and they should go that direction next. Not necessarily make it an arkham clone but I think there have been enough games between ps1 to now that they should know what the fans want.

Kazenji
you mean 9 posts above? because a couple of posts above is a comment of the two towers.

You know what i ment...

they better have fixed up all the main bugs, Considering the first game was left with a bug/glitch that ****s up your save.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Kazenji
You know what i ment...

they better have fixed up all the main bugs, Considering the first game was left with a bug/glitch that ****s up your save.

stick out tongue

I never experienced that but I hope your right. Although, Im not sure if I will be playing this and if I do it wont be for awhile. I had it pre ordered for the Xbone. Now I have to cancel it. I could get it for the 360 but Im not sure if I wanna pay $60 to play on a borrowed system....got rid of both my last gens right before last Christmas to get the money for the xbone. According to gamestop.com the xbone version has a release for July but I think thats just in case the game does come out.

Kazenji
I only experienced it once the bug/glitch once, I think i was halfway through the first game when it occurred......think i worked it out eventually what was causing it, don't play the game online.

Estacado
Really liking how Spider sense acts like the detective vision in Arkham games.
Its been used in a lot of games recently but I cant get bored of it .

Estacado
Yay!
Venom has been confirmed as a villain.

Kazenji
Might get this one for last gen, Doesn't seem like the graphics will be pushing the hardware for next gen.

Estacado
Also game will have tons of costumes including Superior Spidey one.

Estacado
So I beat the main missions there is only 14.Took me like 6 hours.
Game is ok nothing much has changed there are no new things beside the charged shock blast and the spider senset..he swinging was cooler in the 1st the close up camera made it more Spider-Man like.

You can get new costumes by completing small stealth areas each has it's own attributes.Like better healing ,better stealth,meele bonus etc.

By completing side mission you can grow your hero lvl max is 3 each lvl grants + to do suits unique stats each suit has it's own lvl meaning you have to upgrade each on his own.

Gonna try to get the Superior Spider-Man one though I have no idea how to since I completed all the stealth missions...

Kazenji
Didn't even know the game was out

no wonder don't get it until May 7 here.

BlackZero30x
lol its not.

Estacado
It's not out till 29th of Apr.
Told you guys I have a moded 360.

Estacado
Some of the boss fights are pretty cool.
Bosses are : Shocker,Black Cat,Kraven,Kingpin,Electro,Green Goblin and Carnage in order

BlackZero30x
Told you guys I have a moded 360.

Hey I remembered lol

Kazenji

May 7 here.

Estacado
So to unlock Superior Spider-Man you have to beat all fight challenges in the comic shop on the arcade machine.

Also just noticed by beating the story I unlocked the Spider-Carnagecostume it looks pretty damn sweet!

The S symbol
Never could get into movie based games. For some reason they just dont seem right to me. i like when the game has a plot of its own, but when the plot of the game is already known in the first place based on the movie, i just cant enjoy the game.

Estacado
Here comes the retarded part.
You.constantly have to do good if you dont it takes like 4 minutes to drop from lvl 3 hero to menace.
If you become a menace you will be hunted by the task force.
Also from lvl 3 menace it takes like 6-7 minutes atleast to be a hero again.

Kazenji
Originally posted by The S symbol
Never could get into movie based games. For some reason they just dont seem right to me. i like when the game has a plot of its own, but when the plot of the game is already known in the first place based on the movie, i just cant enjoy the game.

And hows this

the plot for these The Amazing Spider-Man games don't follow the movies, It has its own plot that they've made up.

SamZED
So I beat the main missions there is only 14.Took me like 6 hours.
Game is ok nothing much has changed there are no new things beside the charged shock blast and the spider senset..he swinging was cooler in the 1st the close up camera made it more Spider-Man like.

You can get new costumes by completing small stealth areas each has it's own attributes.Like better healing ,better stealth,meele bonus etc.

By completing side mission you can grow your hero lvl max is 3 each lvl grants + to do suits unique stats each suit has it's own lvl meaning you have to upgrade each on his own.

Gonna try to get the Superior Spider-Man one though I have no idea how to since I completed all the stealth missions... Swinging in ASM1 was better? Thought its going to be much more fun now that web lines attach to buildings?

Also 2 questions:
1. Can you perform a double jump while in mid air like in some previous games or not?
And
2. What happens if you dive headfirst from the highest building in the game and straight into the pavement?

I want me some realism damn it!

Estacado
If you tap A after jumping he shoots out 2 web lines and pulls himself higher.
Sometimes he also does this if you just dive jump from a high building he auto launches the webs before reaching ground just to break the fall sometimes you just hit the ground but you dont get damaged.

Also swinging is like in sm2 and 3 funny thing is if you go by the coast you can still shoot the web in the waters direction which results in basically shooting it in the air.

Lt=web to the left rt=web to the right.

Spider sense allows you to see collectibles through walls also map shows if they are near by this works well with the comics however audio logs are pain in the ass to find.I have been swinging in the city for hours and still missing 6 audio logs.

Still the combos and fighting were better in sm 2 and 3 imo.

You can unlock like 10 complete comics which is pretty cool.

You can easily go a 1000gs in like 13-15 hours with this upgrading all 15 suits to lvl 8 will take time though.
I said that the swing was better in 1 cause of the close up camera made it feel cooler not the mechanics.

SamZED
Thanks for the info, bud.

I got a feeling they fuked up again. Seriously how difficult is it to add some realism to the game? That's why so many fans complained about the web-swinging in the first game. It's not just mechanics. It's about realism. Where's the fun in swinging from skyscrapers if you can't "feel" the height? Kills the joy for me. A year before ASM3 comes out someone should ducktape them to a chair and force to play Spider-man 2 on PS2 for 40 hours non-stop so they could take some notes.

Estacado
^
Yup.
Swinging is good in this one though.
Also do something with the fighting mechanics add combos like in sm 2 it's hilarious that how much time has passed since and it's still the best game.
The combos were amazing time slowing with spider sense was a great add.

Also the new seismic web blast is op you just hold b to charge then release it's like a damn missile sending 3-4 guys to the ground then all you have to do is press b to web them while they are on the ground.

SamZED
Well, at least you can web people up in mid fight. Think I might buy it after all.

BlackZero30x
Xbox One version still may be releasing. According to Amazon.com it has a date in July.

BlackZero30x
Umm on my xbox marketplace it says that you can get Spiderman 2 right now on digital.

SamZED
Maybe that's the old Spider-man 2? If so go ahead and buy it you won't regret it.big grin

The Renegade
I've been playing it. I don't like it much at all. I find it's the same old Spiderman game. I'm glad the characters don't have the likeness of their film counterparts but that's about it. The fighting is okay and some of the maneuvers he pulls off are pretty solid.

The rest is meh.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by SamZED
Maybe that's the old Spider-man 2? If so go ahead and buy it you won't regret it.big grin

lol no its the new one people are broadcasting their play through on Twitch on the Xbone. The unlockable suits look pretty sweet! Also Beenox said on their Amazing Spider-Man 2 page (facebook) that a disc copy will be coming out they just haven't said when.

Lol When I first saw it for download on the xbone I called gamestop to ask if any copies were out and when I explained what was up to the manager...he sounded kinda pissed. Apparently they didn't announce that a download version was coming out so retailers wouldn't know they were getting shafted. That was more or less the explanation I got.

Kazenji

Lol When I first saw it for download on the xbone I called gamestop to ask if any copies were out and when I explained what was up to the manager...he sounded kinda pissed. Apparently they didn't announce that a download version was coming out so retailers wouldn't know they were getting shafted. That was more or less the explanation I got.

Hate that sort of bs that's been happening lately

been doing it also with some of the PS3 games.

Ridley_Prime
AGXnTKiOgPw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.