Beta Ray Bill vs DCNU Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who pulls the majority? No bfring.

Galan007
Bill.

pym-ftw
Superman makes him work for it, butOriginally posted by Galan007
Bill.

abhilegend
Superman.

h1a8
Superman wins. Faster and more effective and more basic power set.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by h1a8
more basic power set. please tell me how lacking versatility is a plus

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
please tell me how lacking versatility is a plus
It isn't. But Bill isn't prone to using versatility in combat. And going punch to punch against Superman is a bad idea for anyone.

pym-ftw
I agree with you, I just wanna know what H1 is on.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
It isn't. But Bill isn't prone to using versatility in combat. And going punch to punch against Superman is a bad idea for anyone.

confused

dial J for Josh
Carver you already know that ahbi and the kmc House of 'el illuminati think that Superman stomps thor. So to them Bill would be spite.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Carver you already know that ahbi and the kmc House of 'el illuminati think that Superman stomps thor. So to them Bill would be spite.
Not stomping. He wins against thor though.

Insane Titan
Bill wins, Superman isn't even DC's top dog anymore.

h1a8
Originally posted by pym-ftw
please tell me how lacking versatility is a plus The more powers one has, the longer it takes to make a decision. A few basic yet very effective powers are better than hundreds of different powers when the battle is very fast pace (Superman is fast). There is not much time to think and plan in this battle against Superman. That's why having only a few basic, yet very effective powers are best.

Epicurus
Bill wins.

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Bill wins, Superman isn't even DC's top dog anymore. he doesn't have to be. superman is vastly faster, stronger, and more mobile.
These advantages trump anything Bill offers at the table.

Insane Titan
he doesn't have to be. superman is vastly faster, stronger, and more mobile.
These advantages trump anything Bill offers at the table. you're baseless and bias opinion means nothing to me

h1a8
you're baseless and bias opinion means nothing to me

Bias?
It's very reasonable to see a stronger, much faster, and more mobile character stomping another character that has many more powers.

Why? Because it takes more time to decide between which power to use if more powers are available. Time that isn't there when fighting someone who is very fast.

Also Superman knows the that hammer is the source of a Bills great power. He can just knock the hammer away from him and stomp him accordingly. Or simply beat him to the punch (attack before he does).

abhilegend
Bill wins, Superman isn't even DC's top dog anymore.
laughing out loud

-Pr-
Bill.

I don't think Superman has quite enough good feats yet, but he's definitely DC's top dog...

Unless all people are reading is the book written by Soule.

Golgo13
There are a few beings as powerful, if not more.

Insane Titan
Bias?
It's very reasonable to see a stronger, much faster, and more mobile character stomping another character that has many more powers.

Why? Because it takes more time to decide between which power to use if more powers are available. Time that isn't there when fighting someone who is very fast.

Also Superman knows the that hammer is the source of a Bills great power. He can just knock the hammer away from him and stomp him accordingly. Or simply beat him to the punch (attack before he does). you do realise this is DCnu superman don't you and not your made up KMC versus right?

JuggernautMania
The people who say superman is no longer the top dog, clearly dont read Dcnu. they only judge by the scans in the ownage thread where trolls like carver just waiting to post the weekly scan of superman getting punched by someone.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Golgo13
There are a few beings as powerful, if not more.

We're not talking about Phantom Stranger or Zatanna here.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
Bill.

I don't think Superman has quite enough good feats yet, but he's definitely DC's top dog...

Unless all people are reading is the book written by Soule.
Ugh, don't remind me of that cluster****. Its McDuffie syndrome all over again.

abhilegend
Zatanna was there when Superman was stated to be the most powerful being on earth.

-Pr-
Ugh, don't remind me of that cluster****. Its McDuffie syndrome all over again.

Yes, it is. and it sucks that wonder woman is being used in this way.

Zatanna was there when Superman was stated to be the most powerful being on earth.

that's my point. people who can pull spells out of their ass that can do things superman can't do might be more powerful than him in a broader sense, but he's still regarded as the top dog either way.

just like he was before the reboot.

pym-ftw
As of now I'd put Manjobber over Kal, but I know it will most likely change the first time they fight.

abhilegend
Yes, it is. and it sucks that wonder woman is being used in this way.

that's my point. people who can pull spells out of their ass that can do things superman can't do might be more powerful than him in a broader sense, but he's still regarded as the top dog either way.

just like he was before the reboot.
thumb up

I hope he beats the shit out of her after breaking up with her.Originally posted by pym-ftw
As of now I'd put Manjobber over Kal, but I know it will most likely change the first time they fight.
Whoa, don't go that far. Superman was directly stated to be more powerful than him.

-Pr-
thumb up

I hope he beats the shit out of her after breaking up with her.
Whoa, don't go that far. Superman was directly stated to be more powerful than him.

I'm annoyed that they're breaking up so soon after getting together, but DC's writers were petty ***** to begin with, so I think it's better that they break up for the time being.

abhilegend
I'm annoyed that they're breaking up so soon after getting together, but DC's writers were petty ***** to begin with, so I think it's better that they break up for the time being.
What? They are breaking up? When was this stated?

-Pr-
I thought Johns said that they'd be breaking up after Forever Evil was over?

I may be misremembering, but I could have sworn that was what I read.

abhilegend
I thought Johns said that they'd be breaking up after Forever Evil was over?

I may be misremembering, but I could have sworn that was what I read.
I don't think that there was any timeline stated for it, but going by this cover I think Superman: Doomed will bring the doom to this relationship.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140220014239/supermanrebirth/images/b/bc/Batman_Superman_Vol_1-11_Cover-1_Teaser.jpg

You would've noticed that Lois was never allowed to have such a moment with Superman while he was with diana.

carver9
thumb up

I hope he beats the shit out of her after breaking up with her.

And MM was stated as being more powerful than Superman. My bad, half of Jon power level was stated as being more powerful. Statements don't mean much.

-Pr-
I don't think that there was any timeline stated for it, but going by this cover I think Superman: Doomed will bring the doom to this relationship.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140220014239/supermanrebirth/images/b/bc/Batman_Superman_Vol_1-11_Cover-1_Teaser.jpg

You would've noticed that Lois was never allowed to have such a moment with Superman while he was with diana.

Don't be so sure; plenty of writers have shown that they don't give a **** about the relationship, and will have him interact with Lois inappropriately as much as they want.

Originally posted by carver9
And MM was stated as being more powerful than Superman. My bad, half of Jon power level was stated as being more powerful. Statements don't mean much.

then stop using them. or do they only matter when it's about characters you like?

dial J for Josh
-Pr- why are you so aggressive.

-Pr-
-Pr- why are you so aggressive.

**** you, you ****ing ****er!

sneer

Golgo13

I wasn't talking about Zatanna, but more like Captain Atom and maybe Swamp Thing. MM has been consistent overall as well.

-Pr-
I wasn't talking about Zatanna, but more like Captain Atom and maybe Swamp Thing. MM has been consistent overall as well.

Swamp Thing goes in to the "other" category, as would Atom imo.

J'onn is nice and all, but will almost always play second fiddle in direct confrontations.

dial J for Josh

sneer

bawling

abhilegend
Heh, I'd ask for a scan but you would run away again.Originally posted by -Pr-
Don't be so sure; plenty of writers have shown that they don't give a **** about the relationship, and will have him interact with Lois inappropriately as much as they want.

then stop using them. or do they only matter when it's about characters you like?
Not Pak though.

-Pr-
We're going to argue about the artistic integrity of Pak? Really? PAK?

bawling

stick out tongue

abhilegend
We're going to argue about the artistic integrity of Pak? Really? PAK?

stick out tongue
He has shown wonder woman's relationship with superman in that book heavily.

carver9
Heh, I'd ask for a scan but you would run away again.
Not Pak though.

It was posted a thousand times.

abhilegend
It was posted a thousand times.
Post it again.

carver9
Post it again.

You should know what scene I am talking about since you are the one that states he reads more DC than me.

abhilegend
You should know what scene I am talking about since you are the one that states he reads more DC than me.
I know of it and its not what you're suggesting it to be.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Beta Ray Bill.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Beta Ray Bill.
Gets beaten. I agree.

Golgo13
Gets beaten. I agree.

Do you see current Superman taking it to Thor?

carver9
I know of it and its not what you're suggesting it to be.

So two Martian Manhunters (at half power)standing in front of each other and one saying "you are more powerful than Superman" doesn't equate to anything iyo?

abhilegend
Do you see current Superman taking it to Thor?
Yes. Its split at this point IMO.Originally posted by carver9
So two Martian Manhunters (at half power)standing in front of each other and one saying "you are more powerful than Superman" doesn't equate to anything iyo?
Hahaha, I know you wouldn't understand it. That was J'onn's evil side boasting and it said that J'onn was STRONGER than Superman. Even you wouldn't be foolish enough to believe that.

Golgo13
BEHOLD! SUPERDOOM! Breaker of worlds.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SD_zpsfd522910.jpg

carver9
Yes. Its split at this point IMO.
Hahaha, I know you wouldn't understand it. That was J'onn's evil side boasting and it said that J'onn was STRONGER than Superman. Even you wouldn't be foolish enough to believe that.

Did I say I believed that? Look at what initially started this argument.

Rao Kal El
Lol Carver ALWAYS has his usual love for Superman.

Dude why you dislike the character so much?

I mean is like you accuse me to not like the Hulk, but unlike you, I don't honestly hate the Hulk, I dislike his fanboys, but not the Hulk.

But you dude, almost every single chance you have, you go against him, like you just don't think about it, you just go for it, because He is Superman and you know He is the guy to beat. Your Sig reinforces it wink

I mean is no surprise, after sometime reading KMC you kind of know who belongs to the Anti-Superman squad and you are always leading the charge dude. thumb up Only Quani beats you at that.

Anyway, I agree with Pr on this one.

And by that I don't mean that Josh:

sneer

carver9
@Rao...

My posts isn't against Superman, crazy. It's in reference to ABHI being a hypocrite. He accept one thing but don't accept another when it doesn't suit his argument. Me calling him out on it doesn't have a thing to do with me disliking Superman.

abhilegend
Did I say I believed that? Look at what initially started this argument.
Your point would be? Helspont checked every meta's powers by his seekers and then declared him the most powerful being on earth. Manhunter was shown as a candidate but got beaten up by a seeker. J'onn's evil side boasting something doesn't matches that.

-Pr-
He has shown wonder woman's relationship with superman in that book heavily.

And yet still managed to shoe-horn Lois in any chance he got.

Not to mention that any usage of Diana hasn't exactly been spectacular.

But it's still Pak. He's not exactly Morrison or Johns.

@Rao...

My posts isn't against Superman, crazy. It's in reference to ABHI being a hypocrite. He accept one thing but don't accept another when it doesn't suit his argument. Me calling him out on it doesn't have a thing to do with me disliking Superman.

it is funny that you accuse him of something that you yourself are, though.

abhilegend
And yet still managed to shoe-horn Lois in any chance he got.

Not to mention that any usage of Diana hasn't exactly been spectacular.

But it's still Pak. He's not exactly Morrison or Johns.

it is funny that you accuse him of something that you yourself are, though.
Pak hasn't even written main earth Lois yet. He only wrote Earth 2 Lois and main earth Superman was still attracted to Earth 2 Wonder Woman, so I don't know what you're talking about. If you want to see total eradication of Lois from Superman books, that ain't gonna happen.

What? His writing of Diana was leagues better than bloodthirsty version of Johns' diana. Honestly that was the worst characterization of wonder woman that I've seen.

Johns is worse than Pak at this point regarding Superman's character. His superman is a stupid teen punching bag whose sole concern is his girlfriend and only line of dialogue is "Get away from her!", then someone calls him the most powerful being on earth and punches him away. Both aren't even worthy of being mentioned with Morrison.

Rao Kal El
@Rao...

You mean like you did in here?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14681393&highlight=userid%3A28664#post14681393 stick out tongue

carver9
@Pr..

The difference is... I accept all. Superman is one of the most powerful on the planet and yes, he is more powerful than MM Imo but if you are going to accept statements proving this point, at least be consistent with it. I use statements sometimes, just like I am using statements that make me believe Superman is one of the most powerful on the planet but I'm not nitpicking it with just one character.

carver9
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
You mean like you did in here?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14681393&highlight=userid%3A28664#post14681393

I stick by what I said. Debating like that...share the love with other characters. That post didn't have a thing to do with Superman. Especially when I said "debating like that, Surfer can beat ANY Herald l" which include Gladiator and Hulk...not just Superman.

Rao Kal El
I stick by what I said. Debating like that...share the love with other characters. That post didn't have a thing to do with Superman. Especially when I said "debating like that, Surfer can beat ANY Herald l" which include Gladiator and Hulk...not just Superman.

No that post was picking and choosing what it suits better your argument, You see "as a norm" certain things and as "lowshowings" other things even though they are practically the same.

lets say Superman getting tagged by sub sonic fighters is a norm but Hulk getting having difficulty with 90 ton foes is just low showing even though it has happened on more than one time.

That is all I am saying you are picking and choosing what suits better your argument and then accuse others of doing the same thing you are doing, Like me "hating" the Hulk or in this case accusing Abhi of picking and choosing when You do it often.
confused

carver9
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
No that post was picking and choosing what it suits better your argument, You see "as a norm" certain things and as "lowshowings" other things even though they are practically the same.

lets say Superman getting tagged by sub sonic fighters is a norm but Hulk getting having difficulty with 90 ton foes is just low showing even though it has happened on more than one time.

That is all I am saying you are picking and choosing what suits better your argument and then accuse others of doing the same thing you are doing, Like me "hating" the Hulk or in this case accusing Abhi of picking and choosing when You do it often.
confused

That's the thing though. I don't debate off of lowshowings. My entire argument was based off of consistency. If Hulk is consistently being owned by Iron fist and an Iron fist and Hulk vs thread was made, what argument do I have to support my stance on Hulk winning? NONE. It's just that simple. If something is consistently happening in comics, Surfer not transforming the air into breathable poisons, trapping people in adamantium, creating black holes around his opponent, energy drain, creating multiple of Surfers during mid battle. Then I'm not going to bring that up in a 10/10 scenario "even though it's within Surfer ability to do all of the these things. Again...This argument isn't about just Superman, my point is as clear as day.

Now what else do you have on me when it's concerning Superman because I brought this up in non related Superman threads as well.

emporerpants
For now, Bill wins. As does Thor. That might change after some time, but as of now Supes has been too much of a punching bag in the DCNU to be given the win over either of these two. He makes Bill work for it though. Pre-boot Supes gets the majority against either though IMO.

Rao Kal El
That's the thing though. I don't debate off of lowshowings. My entire argument was based off of consistency. If Hulk is consistently being owned by Iron fist and an Iron fist and Hulk vs thread was made, what argument do I have to support my stance on Hulk winning? NONE. It's just that simple. If something is consistently happening in comics, Surfer not transforming the air into breathable poisons, trapping people in adamantium, creating black holes around his opponent, energy drain, creating multiple of Surfers during mid battle. Then I'm not going to bring that up in a 10/10 scenario "even though it's within Surfer ability to do all of the these things. Again...This argument isn't about just Superman, my point is as clear as day.

Now what else do you have on me when it's concerning Superman because I brought this up in non related Superman threads as well.

umm Hulk has consistently have problems with enemies like Spiderman, Captain America, snakes, big insects and so on. I take it as jobbing for Hulk because Hulk is too strong for those enemies, but apparently this is a norm for you now, unless you are picking and choosing.

So what is it? Superman gets tagged by sub sonic enemies because he is jobbing on a comic just as Hulk jobs to weaker enemies or this is a norm? because if it is, then it means that Hulk can tag Superman but Superman will surely defeat the Hulk seeing how he often has problems with weaker opponents than Superman OR before he gets to be stronger than Superman.

OR, Is only a usable "norm" for Superman but an un-usable "lowshowing" for Hulk? (this is picking and choosing)

ANYWAY you pick will screw your argument.

-Pr-
Guys, stay on topic, please.

Rao Kal El
^ I will leave it there, I just prove my point thumb up

carver9
Pr saved you. Your point sucks but I'm glad that topic is out of the way.

JuggernautMania
Superman.

Rao Kal El
Fixed

Pr saved you OF WASTING YOUR TIME WITH ME. My point sucks but I'm glad that topic is out of the way.

carver9
Lol...naah.

-Pr-
Pr saved you. Your point sucks but I'm glad that topic is out of the way.

Yeah, you should totally push your luck with Bada in such a bad mood.

carver9
Yeah, you should totally push your luck with Bada in such a bad mood.

Lol...I'm just messing with Rao...nothing serious. I think he is playing as well. Fyi...Bada is always in a bad mood.

-Pr-
True, but that doesn't mean he won't ban you on a whim.

carver9
True, but that doesn't mean he won't ban you on a whim.

Lol...I know he will band me without thinking twice about it. I don't see him as the favoritism type of guy, at all.

-Pr-
Lol...I know he will band me without thinking twice about it. I don't see him as the favoritism type of guy, at all.

The only mod that shows favouritism is Backfire... And you don't want to know how he comes to think of people as his favourites.

carver9
The only mod that shows favouritism is Backfire... And you don't want to know how he comes to think of people as his favourites.

Never heard of that mod but what I am getting from this is, he doesn't play, at all.

the Darkone
BRB wins

h1a8
Superman wins. He's stronger (in case of grapple), vastly faster (hit Bill more times than Bill hits him and can avoid attacks better than), and his basic power set makes for faster and easier decisions in battle.

Bottomline: superman is vastly faster which puts this fight out of reach.

deathslash
Superman wins. He's stronger (in case of grapple), vastly faster (hit Bill more times than Bill hits him and can avoid attacks better than), and his basic power set makes for faster and easier decisions in battle.

Bottomline: superman is vastly faster which puts this fight out of reach. riiiiiiiiight, because superman totally hasn't been repeatedly tagged by people that are much slower than Bill. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nu52 Superman has also shown that he totally doesn't get his shit pushed in by weaker but much more skilled characters roll eyes (sarcastic)

On a more serious note, Bill wins 8/10 but has a fair amount of difficulty with each fight.

carver9
Why is Superman stronger than Bill? One has benched a planet and the other has destroyed planets along with damaging abstracts. They are clearly in the same tier.

abhilegend
Originally posted by deathslash
riiiiiiiiight, because superman totally hasn't been repeatedly tagged by people that are much slower than Bill. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nu52 Superman has also shown that he totally doesn't get his shit pushed in by weaker but much more skilled characters roll eyes (sarcastic)

On a more serious note, Bill wins 8/10 but has a fair amount of difficulty with each fight.
He does. He is still faster than Bill.

BRB is skilled? News to me. Also Soule is an exception, not the norm. If we're using a single writer's interpretation, Superman just shattered Phantom Stranger's whole body with a single attack.

laughing out loud

Superman tears that horse jaw off his face and shoves it down his throat. How's that for winning? Anybody giving a high herald 8/10 win over superman is flat out wrong, Bill is mid herald.

abhilegend
Why is Superman stronger than Bill? One has benched a planet and the other has destroyed planets along with damaging abstracts. They are clearly in the same tier.
He is stronger because he is Superman. Also quality over quantity.

-Pr-

That post is gonna come back and bite you.

carver9

confused Cant be serious.

abhilegend
That was just to incense Carver with "he's superman" bit. Can't believe I have to explain it.Originally posted by carver9
confused Cant be serious.
Liek totally.

thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
riiiiiiiiight, because superman totally hasn't been repeatedly tagged by people that are much slower than Bill. roll eyes (sarcastic)

LIES FROM THE PIT OF HELL!

Badabing
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
LIES FROM THE PIT OF HELL! It's like the speech impulses from your brain have to travel through you rectum before hitting your vocal cords (or hands/keyboard). You shall be known as Ass Mouth! biscuits

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
It's like the speech impulses from your brain have to travel through you rectum before hitting your vocal cords (or hands/keyboard). You shall be known as Ass Mouth! biscuits

laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn
It's like the speech impulses from your brain have to travel through you rectum before hitting your vocal cords (or hands/keyboard). You shall be known as Ass Mouth! biscuits

http://content7.flixster.com/question/43/40/19/4340197_std.jpg

Soon, Scalebag!

Very, very soon!

-Pr-
That was just to incense Carver with "he's superman" bit. Can't believe I have to explain it.
Liek totally.

thumb up

Well, it IS you...

Badabing
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
http://content7.flixster.com/question/43/40/19/4340197_std.jpg

Soon, Scalebag!

Very, very soon! laughing out loud

deathslash
He does. He is still faster than Bill.

BRB is skilled? News to me. Also Soule is an exception, not the norm. If we're using a single writer's interpretation, Superman just shattered Phantom Stranger's whole body with a single attack.

laughing out loud

Superman tears that horse jaw off his face and shoves it down his throat. How's that for winning? Anybody giving a high herald 8/10 win over superman is flat out wrong, Bill is mid herald. sorry to tell you this, but Nu52 Superman is vastly less impressive than his pre-flashpoint counterpart. Until Nu52 Superman proves that he isn't just a superpowered punching bag, he loses this fight more times than not.

On a side note, I would give pre-flashpoint superman 8/10 wins over Bill.

abhilegend
Well, it IS you...
chairOriginally posted by deathslash
sorry to tell you this, but Nu52 Superman is vastly less impressive than his pre-flashpoint counterpart. Until Nu52 Superman proves that he isn't just a superpowered punching bag, he loses this fight more times than not.

He's not. His fights with top tiers have been consistently good.

That would be wrong too.

h1a8

On a more serious note, Bill wins 8/10 but has a fair amount of difficulty with each fight. This is a forum fight. In comics, character's powers are often ignored for the sake of the plot. That's why we have forum rules concerning PIS and Full Capacity. So what happens in comics is irrelevant if a character's powers or their, always on, abilities are ignored.

Superman is vastly faster than Bill. Let's not pretend he's not. He will most certainly hit Bill far more times than Bill hits him (if at all). Also having basic knowledge of Bill, Superman has the option to knock the hammer away and spite stomp him.

h1a8
Why is Superman stronger than Bill? One has benched a planet and the other has destroyed planets along with damaging abstracts. They are clearly in the same tier. Damaging planets and beings without the use of strength is hardly a strength feat. Plus the battle distance isn't large enough for Bill to accelerate to Ftl speeds to build up enough momentum to do have planet destroying power (Assuming that Superman will sit there and allow It to happen).

Superman is definitely stronger. This advantage can come into play in a grapple, or in knocking Stormbreaker away.

carver9
sorry to tell you this, but Nu52 Superman is vastly less impressive than his pre-flashpoint counterpart. Until Nu52 Superman proves that he isn't just a superpowered punching bag, he loses this fight more times than not.

I wouldn't give any Herald 8/10 over Bills. Especially based off of his showings.

h1a8
I wouldn't give any Herald 8/10 over Bills. Especially based off of his showings. he doesn't have any great showings. Ramming into shit from far away isn't practical in a real fight.

Sin I AM
I wouldn't give any Herald 8/10 over Bills. Especially based off of his showings.

pym-ftw
This is a forum fight. In comics, character's powers are often ignored for the sake of the plot. That's why we have forum rules concerning PIS and Full Capacity. no no

-Pr-
This is a forum fight. In comics, character's powers are often ignored for the sake of the plot. That's why we have forum rules concerning PIS and Full Capacity. So what happens in comics is irrelevant if a character's powers or their, always on, abilities are ignored.

Superman is vastly faster than Bill. Let's not pretend he's not. He will most certainly hit Bill far more times than Bill hits him (if at all). Also having basic knowledge of Bill, Superman has the option to knock the hammer away and spite stomp him.

Full capacity doesn't remove personality.

h1a8
Full capacity doesn't remove personality. Correct. That's why it's important to differentiate personality from what a character has the ability to do. Now if Superman purposely chooses to get hit when he can easily avoid getting hit then that's his personality.

the Darkone

LMFAO laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.