What makes God wonderful?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
I like how eager he is to listen? His intelligence and how well he communicates about himself to others.
He is beautiful of course and that doesn't hurt.
He authentically cares about everyone and anyone without doubt about it.
Add something you feel makes God wonderful!

Shakyamunison
Are we talking about the god of the bible? Or the god of the Koran? Or mother nature? Or the cosmos?

Please include proof of the above.

You say god is eager to listen. How do you know this?

You say that god is intelligent and communicates. How is this possible? Can you give an example.

You say that god is beautiful. When was the last time you saw god?

You say that god cares about everyone. How do you know this?

Mindship
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I like how eager he is to listen? His intelligence and how well he communicates about himself to others.
Add something you feel makes God wonderful! We are that aspect of "God" which can ponder such things.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
We are that aspect of "God" which can ponder such things.

thumb up

Wonder Man
This thread is meant to be a thread where people compliment God.

Shakyamunison
This thread is meant to be a thread where people compliment God.

Any god then?

Wonder Man
Jesus's Father.

Shakyamunison
Jesus's Father.

Joseph? He was a great old man!

Fated Xtasy
I think its the fact that people believe there's someone out there watching over them that makes people think he's wonderful; the idea of heaven and salvation as well as punishment and imprisonment for both the evil and the worthy to enter. It's the fact that people find solace and comfort in believing that their loved one's who have passed have entered the Paradise or the promised land, that makes the idea or belief of god wonderful and acceptable to many people, and if that comforts them from a tragic event who are we - atheist. skeptics, what have you,, to tell these people that they are in the wrong. so if you believe in god good for you, that's fine, just don't use your religion to attack homosexuals or people who may not agree with you or follow your religion. but back to the main topic, people believe that god is wonderful because they find comfort when they need it, be it death, forgiveness, assistance, love or guidance, that is why it is considered wonderful by a great number of people.

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I think its the fact that people believe there's someone out there watching over them that makes people think he's wonderful; the idea of heaven and salvation as well as punishment and imprisonment for both the evil and the worthy to enter. It's the fact that people find solace and comfort in believing that their loved one's who have passed have entered the Paradise or the promised land, that makes the idea or belief of god wonderful and acceptable to many people, and if that comforts them from a tragic event who are we - atheist. skeptics, what have you,, to tell these people that they are in the wrong. so if you believe in god good for you, that's fine, just don't use your religion to attack homosexuals or people who may not agree with you or follow your religion. but back to the main topic, people believe that god is wonderful because they find comfort when they need it, be it death, forgiveness, assistance, love or guidance, that is why it is considered wonderful by a great number of people.

As an atheist and skeptic, I don't want to tell them they're wrong, or take away their faith and comfort in this concept that there's a better place to go to after this life; that's not the problem. The problem is that some of them want to pass off their beliefs as more than just a belief, but a solid concrete fact, and that's what needs addressing.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Phoenix2001
As an atheist and skeptic, I don't want to tell them they're wrong, or take away their faith and comfort in this concept that there's a better place to go to after this life; that's not the problem. The problem is that some of them want to pass off their beliefs as more than just a belief, but a solid concrete fact, and that's what needs addressing. thumb up

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Phoenix2001
As an atheist and skeptic, I don't want to tell them they're wrong, or take away their faith and comfort in this concept that there's a better place to go to after this life; that's not the problem. The problem is that some of them want to pass off their beliefs as more than just a belief, but a solid concrete fact, and that's what needs addressing.

thumb up

Shakyamunison
Can't someone say something good about his man-made god?

Digi
My theory is that Wonder Man gets high and posts. This thread is worthless.

The Renegade
Add something you feel makes God wonderful!

http://static5.quoteswave.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/You-cant-just-say.jpg

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by The Renegade
http://static5.quoteswave.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/You-cant-just-say.jpg

https://31.media.tumblr.com/b9b0249149ee1e2f4b461d910c3cfe86/tumblr_inline_n2z2ljFVNc1rzyvmm.gif

Shakyamunison
Superposition!

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Joseph? He was a great old man!

laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
laughing out loud

Well, he was. Marry was in trouble (pregnant and not married). Joseph took her as his wife and raised her bastard son. Jesus never had anything bad to say about Joseph.

Robtard
Can't someone say something good about his man-made god?

I thank God for the Bing Bang, without it, there'd be no tacos. I love a good taco.

Also, 1982 was great year for films. So THANK YOU, God! Tacos and 1982!

Shakyamunison
I thank God for the Bing Bang, without it, there'd be no tacos. I love a good taco.

There you go! thumb up

Tacos are the best food that God ever created.

Robtard
I edited, I thanked God for 1982 films.

Shakyamunison
1982? Okay! Blade Runner.

Robtard
Exactly; here are a few more gems:

Conan the Barbarian
The Road Warrior
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan-nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
The Thing
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
E.T. The Extraterrestial
The Beastmaster
First Blood
Porky's
The World According to Garp

So to be on-topic: God created the Big Bang which made 1982 and all those films as a result possible thumb up

Lord Lucien
Uh, Rocky III and Annie? And Sophie's Choice?

Robtard
http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/squint.jpg

Shakyamunison
Make my day!

Lord Lucien
http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/squint.jpg Rick?

SamZED
Being familiar with the concept of God and religious doctrines can save your life (or at least from some major ass kicking).
Once was riding a metro in Moscow late at night, the car was completely empty. Enter five drunk Dagestanis. Surrounded me, one of them pulled out a knife.
Him: "And just where are you from?"
Me without thinking: "Syria."
No idea why I said that. He was speechless for a moment probably because I look nothing like a Middle Eastern.
Him: "Wait. You..you muslim?"
Me: "Pfft! Alhamdulillah!"
Him: O.o
He then gave me a bro hug and they all left on the next stop.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by SamZED
Being familiar with the concept of God and religious doctrines can save your life (or at least from some major ass kicking).
Once was riding a metro in Moscow late at night, the car was completely empty. Enter five drunk Dagestanis. Surrounded me, one of them pulled out a knife.
No idea why I said that. He was speechless for a moment probably because I look nothing like a Middle Eastern.

cool Best story so far.

Robtard

So you pretended to be a terrorist because you're a coward.

SamZED
So you pretended to be a terrorist because you're a coward. So much stupid in this post don't know which part to address.

cool Best story so far. Robtard apparently would've just beaten them all. sad

Robtard
So much stupid in this post don't know which part to address.

Robtard apparently would've just beaten them all. sad

You sound mad now.

I would have invoked that wrath of God down upon their Dagi asses.

SamZED
You sound mad now.

I would have invoked that wrath of God down upon their Dagi asses. Who says I'm mad?! mad

Crosses and holy water don't work on them I tried. And I can't afford silver bullets. sad

Wonder Man
I like how he's always there for you no matter what.

Tzeentch
I like that he does oral.

Wonder Man
Yeah that he's a sexual God is great.

Robtard

What's the huge black duck-like thing on God's back, yo?

Bardock42

You just call out God's name
And you know wherever he is
He'll come running to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And he'll be there
You've got a friend

Stealth Moose
Yeah that he's a sexual God is great.

http://media.giphy.com/media/70VZn8eCUm2Tm/giphy.gif

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Bardock42
You just call out God's name
And you know wherever he is
He'll come running to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And he'll be there
You've got a friend OMG, James Taylor's insatiable ego suddenly makes sense now.

I guess I should say OMJ.

Damborgson
If you're talking about biblical god, there isn't much special about him. It' just Middle Eastern Mythology mixed with historical figures for the most part. /shrug

People need to understand, what defines that biblical god, all knowing, all loving, all powerful, would make him a very evil, selfish, sadistic entity, and not one I'd like to Lord over me. Why? Because if he was always all knowing, he knew of the plague of satan. Yet he did nothing to avoid it when he's also all powerful and could do as he wishes. The level of perfection he demands is unreasonable to say the least, the room for error, essentially none, is likewise unreasonable when he created us and knew exactly how hard we'd be tempted. I don't much care for a god who created humans to fail, and allowed the ultimate evil to be unleashed on them because...he didn't feel like stopping it.

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson
If you're talking about biblical god, there isn't much special about him. It' just Middle Eastern Mythology mixed with historical figures for the most part. /shrug

People need to understand, what defines that biblical god, all knowing, all loving, all powerful, would make him a very evil, selfish, sadistic entity, and not one I'd like to Lord over me. Why? Because if he was always all knowing, he knew of the plague of satan. Yet he did nothing to avoid it when he's also all powerful and could do as he wishes. The level of perfection he demands is unreasonable to say the least, the room for error, essentially none, is likewise unreasonable when he created us and knew exactly how hard we'd be tempted. I don't much care for a god who created humans to fail, and allowed the ultimate evil to be unleashed on them because...he didn't feel like stopping it.

Or perhaps your views are incorrect, and you are seeing it from a negative perspective. In all fairness perhaps you should read the bible, if the God that you are speaking of is the one in the Bible. If not, keep on keeping on.

Damborgson
You found a positive perspective for allowing Satan into the world? Despite knowing what he'd become? And having the power to prevent it? Feel free to explain.

Damborgson
I'm hardly a scientific person either and have no intent on going all "big-bang this" or "evolution that" on anything. This is just common sense. If he has the power to help, chooses not to, NOTE CHOOSES not to, how could he possibly be all loving?

edit: Also, these aren't snippy questions or rhetorical ones, I'd love for my faith to be restored somehow. No joke.

Stoic
You found a positive perspective for allowing Satan into the world? Despite knowing what he'd become? And having the power to prevent it? Feel free to explain.

As whacky as it may at first seem, Satan was placed here to keep man from going to Hell. Bad things happen to good people, it's the way of the world. The Bible says that God will be a debtor to no man. He has given us all the power to shape the world, and keep from interfering in our choices. The key words here are Our Choices. It is us that wage war against each other, and do many unspeakable evils to each other. Not God.

People who blame Satan for every bad thing that happens are likely on the road to becoming reprobates, and at all times we have to claim ownership of the bullshit that we do, and stop blaming God for this, or Satan for that. I am not saying that they don't exist, because i believe that they do. Satan has a purpose, and from what I read from you, you live your life from an entirely carnal perspective, which isn't a terrible thing, after all we are all flesh. However you seem to not be able to see the spiritual portion written in the Bible. People believing that God is only Love, are completely deluded. he has more sides than we likely have words for.

You can:
A: Read the Bible, and make of it what you may.

OR

B: Do as you do, and keep on keeping on.

Shrugs

bluewaterrider

I'd love for my faith to be restored somehow ...

What were you before now?

How did you gain your faith the first time, and how did you lose it?

Damborgson
Originally posted by Stoic
As whacky as it may at first seem, Satan was placed here to keep man from going to Hell. Bad things happen to good people, it's the way of the world. The Bible says that God will be a debtor to no man. He has given us all the power to shape the world, and keep from interfering in our choices. The key words here are Our Choices. It is us that wage war against each other, and do many unspeakable evils to each other. Not God.

People who blame Satan for every bad thing that happens are likely on the road to becoming reprobates, and at all times we have to claim ownership of the bullshit that we do, and stop blaming God for this, or Satan for that. I am not saying that they don't exist, because i believe that they do. Satan has a purpose, and from what I read from you, you live your life from an entirely carnal perspective, which isn't a terrible thing, after all we are all flesh. However you seem to not be able to see the spiritual portion written in the Bible. People believing that God is only Love, are completely deluded. he has more sides than we likely have words for.

You can:
A: Read the Bible, and make of it what you may.

OR

B: Do as you do, and keep on keeping on.

Shrugs

I can understand that. God can't be there to stop every stupid thing man does. But, what about a baby born with bone cancer that wasn't even capable of forming a coherent thought. It suffers horribly for a month then dies. That God even allows such suffering is something that never stood well with me even when I was in faith. Now I know it's because he's not really listening unfortunately. I don't blame anything anymore, it's just the way it is.

I don't blame him for anything because I don't believe he exists. At least not in that interpretation. Evil exists though, that could represent him in a way, but it's mostly from humans.

It's those sides that contradict him endlessly throughout the book. He's the type of god that will kill children. Innocent children. Or make a father kill his son because he wanted to test his faith. Being all knowing, he'd have known without a doubt already. Which means he did it for what...pleasure? that's sick. And you're leaning heavily on something you can't understand because? If indeed God had such amazing plans, he'd express them in ways we can't even imagine. He's completely human in his responses in the bible to problems. Because he was created by humans. He speaks against jealousy and proudly boasts he's a jealous god for goodness sake.

A. Where did that assumption that I didn't read the bible come from?

B. We're just having a chat. Do you mean keep on that?

Damborgson
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
What were you before now?

How did you gain your faith the first time, and how did you lose it?

I was Catholic/Christian

I was just born into it. Private school and all that. I just couldn't deal with so many contradictions in the bible and repeated silence to my prayers. Like praying for someone to get better and waking up the next morning to find out they died, that's what happened to who would have been my baby niece. She suffered horribly for a couple of weeks, then died of a viral infection. You can bet the entire family prayed its heart out for her to be saved.

Some people rationalized it as God using the baby as a means to get the family together. I realized how sick it was for god to let a baby die so we'd pray to him.

bluewaterrider

If he has the power to help, chooses not to, NOTE CHOOSES not to, how could he possibly be all loving?

The dynamics at work in relationships among people probably aren't all that analogous to a relationship with God, and it's probably a mistake to respond to this with commentary meant to illustrate good practice with the former.

I'll go ahead and do so anyway, however, on the chance it might give you a different perspective, for not everything most people THINK of as kind and loving actually IS kind and loving or results in a good outcome in real life.

Note that this is ONLY a partial answer, one-fifth of an answer, maybe, and is best understood in the context of the book it appears in (link to a few pages of the book's contents included below).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. Don't give up, and don't give in. It is unkind to shield people from the consequences of their own behavior. In doing so, we teach them they are inadequate and weak. When we give in to irresponsible behavior by excusing it or sympathizing with it, we condone and foster spoiled, law-unto-self behavior. And if we give up -- by ignoring people or tearing into them -- we undermine their motivation to try. The discipline of Don't give up, and don't give in, tempered with love, comes from responsible, disciplined living. Otherwise we take the course of least resistance -- giving in when we care or giving up when we don't.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Principle Centered Leadership. Stephen R. Covey. Thirty Methods of Influence.
(#24)
http://books.google.com/books?id=goRg0jK_hEAC&pg=PA127&lpg=PA127& amp;dq=%22thirty+methods+of+influence%22+stephen+c
ovey&source=bl&ots=gZxuddku6G&sig=vssSMVmHRQBzJx6XX1pNRIuIUm4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=2Ax8U_TxC8ekyASx0YCwAg&ved=0CFQQ6AEwBw#v=onepage& amp;q=%22thirty%20methods%20of%20influence%22%20st
ephen%20covey&f=false

bluewaterrider
I was Catholic/Christian

I was just born into it. Private school and all that. I just couldn't deal with so many contradictions in the bible and repeated silence to my prayers ...

The part after the ellipse (...) is extremely personal and difficult to address in a forum setting. I'd be uncomfortable in even trying to address that right now, am not sure I'm equipped to, and think for now that would best saved for private messaging if in the future you ever even wanted me to.

But I might be able to address some of the more general issues you allude to at the beginning of your response here.

I'm especially curious for instance, right now: What contradictions in the Bible do you think exist? Can you show me some of them?

Stoic
I can understand that. God can't be there to stop every stupid thing man does. But, what about a baby born with bone cancer that wasn't even capable of forming a coherent thought. It suffers horribly for a month then dies. That God even allows such suffering is something that never stood well with me even when I was in faith. Now I know it's because he's not really listening unfortunately. I don't blame anything anymore, it's just the way it is.

I don't blame him for anything because I don't believe he exists. At least not in that interpretation. Evil exists though, that could represent him in a way, but it's mostly from humans.

It's those sides that contradict him endlessly throughout the book. He's the type of god that will kill children. Innocent children. Or make a father kill his son because he wanted to test his faith. Being all knowing, he'd have known without a doubt already. Which means he did it for what...pleasure? that's sick. And you're leaning heavily on something you can't understand because? If indeed God had such amazing plans, he'd express them in ways we can't even imagine. He's completely human in his responses in the bible to problems. Because he was created by humans. He speaks against jealousy and proudly boasts he's a jealous god for goodness sake.

A. Where did that assumption that I didn't read the bible come from?

B. We're just having a chat. Do you mean keep on that?

You say that you understand that God can not be there to stop every single stupid thing that we do, but he could, he chooses not to according to the bible. He gave us all a will to do good or bad. But because he is a just God, he remains in a position of non interference. Therefore he is not at fault for any of our actions. We are at fault for every ill that befalls us. It's not God that pollutes the atmosphere, or kills every animal on the face of the planet, that would be us doing all of those evils.

The bible speaks of generational curses. These curses could have been in place several generations ago. Perhaps the baby that dies of cancer was from a line of evil people that practiced evil things. Yes I mean people practicing witch craft for their own personal gain, and the baby was meant to pay for those sins as they are, and were yolked to the curse before they were ever born. Perhaps it wasn't a curse at all, and just a medical condition, and that child was never meant for this world. Like I said bad things happen to good people.

What children did he kill? Are you speaking of Abraham's son Isaac? God doesn't know without a doubt, because he gave us something that offsets probability... Will. The will to do what we want to do. It is your choice to believe whatever it is that you do. It's your choice to sleep with another mans wife, or give a pregnant woman your seat while riding on a bus. Life is about what you will do, but there is a payment for everything that you choose to do, whether for good, or ill.

God neither needs our love, or asks for it. However he asks for our obedience because in our obedience we show our love. You can say all of the negative things that you choose to about God, but it doesn't change the fact that he never did anything wrong. It's all about us. We do the wrongs in this world, and use God as a scapegoat.

Many people that die today would never have died if we did not tamper with so many things. In our endeavors to make life comfortable, we sometimes screw up our world. Was it God that spilled crude oil all over the oceans? What happens if this is the reason that babies die of cancer? What if it is from the foul water that their mothers unknowingly ingested. The bible says that every person is given a measure of faith. My faith may be greater than yours, I don't know, perhaps it isn't. Either you WILL, or you WON'T.

Lord Lucien
"I am just, so I will not interfere."

"But Lord, some of the evil doers amongst us are causing destruction and death. We can't will them away out of choice, we are only mortal. But you could, Lord. Please, won't you will them away, out of a love for us, and for justice?"

"No, I am just. Therefore I never interfere, even when you are powerless to stop the evil that I invented and allow to exist."

Either God is suffering from an unusual variation of the bystander effect, or God is a monstrous entity with no regard for our lives.

Stoic
God repented for making man Lucien. Like I said it's up to you to believe what you want to believe in. He also said that he would not be a debtor to anyone, because he doesn't owe us a thing. Meanwhile all I see is a bunch of sniveling from people complaining about all of the bullshit in this world, but not counting all of the really amazing things in it. before attempting to make God the scapegoat of all of the garbage in this world, why not look at the spirit of man? Why the hell does God have to wipe our asses every time we take a shit? Anyone that thinks that he should have to put up with that type of mess must find it rather difficult to claim ownership of their doings.

Shakyamunison
How could an all knowing God repent? That would mean he didn't know, and that means he's NOT all knowing.

It's kind of like the old superman, when bullets would bounce off his chest, but then he would duck when the gun was thrown at him.

You see, the god of the bible is a superhero.

Stoic
No. You see you have your beliefs, and others have theirs. Perhaps if you studied the bible you may get an answer to your question, or was that a statement? I really can't tell. I'll give you a hint though. For God loved the world, and those in it. Automatons is what he made before us. Perfect in every way, but they were made to automatically love him, and he sought something else. He wanted his creations to love him on their own, and this is why we were given a will. No other creature made can boast as much as we can. We shape the world, and anything in it that does not abide by our will <-- (there's that word again) is either caged, or eliminated. In the end, you will do as you want to do. Isn't that wonderful? or would you have preferred that he made us love him?

Shakyamunison
Stoic, that was a statement. I have read the bible. I studied to be a preacher when I was young.

Stoic
Stoic, that was a statement. I have read the bible. I studied to be a preacher when I was young.

Oh OK, so then throw your hands in the air, and wave em like you just don't care stick out tongue .

Seriously though, there is only only one truth concerning the existence of God. Either he is real, or he isn't. I like insurance, and I will be obedient, and continue to learn about God. If there are those that want to follow him, I will always point them in the direction to the best of my abilities. My wife is currently on assignment in Nigeria she's a Civil Engineer, and a week ago she became very sick (this of course happened just as she is about to come home in a few weeks from now), and I didn't know if she would have made it. She contracted malaria, and I cried, and didn't sleep for 2 days, because I knew that there was a good chance that you can die from it. So I prayed to God, and she came out of it while in the hospital. I believe that God is wonderful, and he was kind to us, and he has given us a little more time to be together before we inevitably die. It can happen at any time, but we were given an amazing gift from my perspective and hers.

Shakyamunison
I don't believe that. God is forever unknown. However, any god that is a he is man-made.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Rick?

ahahaha

Mindship
Seriously though, there is only only one truth concerning the existence of God. Either he is real, or he isn't. I like insurance, and I will be obedient, and continue to learn about God. If there are those that want to follow him, I will always point them in the direction to the best of my abilities. My wife is currently on assignment in Nigeria she's a Civil Engineer, and a week ago she became very sick (this of course happened just as she is about to come home in a few weeks from now), and I didn't know if she would have made it. She contracted malaria, and I cried, and didn't sleep for 2 days, because I knew that there was a good chance that you can die from it. So I prayed to God, and she came out of it while in the hospital. I believe that God is wonderful, and he was kind to us, and he has given us a little more time to be together before we inevitably die. It can happen at any time, but we were given an amazing gift from my perspective and hers. Nicely said. Glad your wife is well.

I believe in believing in (God), because it is comforting, appears practical (whilst not abandoning common sense), and the Transcendent may be real. If nothing else, in death, finally, only one side will know it was right. wink

NemeBro

The bible speaks of generational curses. These curses could have been in place several generations ago. Perhaps the baby that dies of cancer was from a line of evil people that practiced evil things. Yes I mean people practicing witch craft for their own personal gain, and the baby was meant to pay for those sins as they are, and were yolked to the curse before they were ever born. Perhaps it wasn't a curse at all, and just a medical condition, and that child was never meant for this world. Like I said bad things happen to good people.

"This kid's family has historically been a bunch of jerk's, so I'm going to make it suffer terribly for its brief existence. This punishment is on top of its family having already gone to Hell for their deeds."

What about that doesn't sound like a ********** to you, lol?

Stoic
Originally posted by NemeBro
"This kid's family has historically been a bunch of jerk's, so I'm going to make it suffer terribly for its brief existence. This punishment is on top of its family having already gone to Hell for their deeds."

What about that doesn't sound like a ********** to you, lol?

There are laws that have to be upheld even in the spiritual world. Prices that must be payed for things sowed. Yolks can be broken concerning generational curses and spiritual bindings, but in order for that to happen the person or people cursed must submit themselves to the Lord (God, Jesus) according to the bible. I believe that any ailment that is not physical (whether that ailment be physical, or psychological) is spiritual (my choice what a wonderful concept).

A Witch of several generations past can pledge another persons soul in order to gain power in this world. Since many of these people are already bound to go to hell they have nothing to barter with, and thus they sacrifice another person whether that person be alive in the here and now, or are to be born in several generations to come. Can anything be done to stop an unborn soul from being bound or cursed? Yes there is. When I say cursed I am referring to anything that is not considered to be fully healthy in body or mind. Of course this could just be a physical condition, and not a curse at all, but I do believe like I said that there are those that were born into curses.

I won't get into a witty banter contest with you, I'm just going on what I have been taught from books that I have read on the subject, and that agree with the bible.

I don't believe that. God is forever unknown. However, any god that is a he is man-made.

You're looking for something, that I am unwilling to cater to. Do I believe that Christ is the Avatar of the one true God? YES. Christ is my best friend. You know why? Because he showed me the greatest love of all. He was willing to be mauled, and crushed for me. Can anyone in the history of the world say or do more? Perhaps... Perhaps not. I'll say no more about it other than God is Wonderful.

Originally posted by Mindship
Nicely said. Glad your wife is well.

I believe in believing in (God), because it is comforting, appears practical (whilst not abandoning common sense), and the Transcendent may be real. If nothing else, in death, finally, only one side will know it was right. wink

Thank you Brother.

Shakyamunison

Stoic
So if you don't believe in God, and it's all fiction why in the world are you hanging around topics that have anything to do with God? Actually it doesn't matter, because I don't care.

Shakyamunison

NemeBro
There are laws that have to be upheld even in the spiritual world. Prices that must be payed for things sowed. Yolks can be broken concerning generational curses and spiritual bindings, but in order for that to happen the person or people cursed must submit themselves to the Lord (God, Jesus) according to the bible. I believe that any ailment that is not physical (whether that ailment be physical, or psychological) is spiritual (my choice what a wonderful concept).

A Witch of several generations past can pledge another persons soul in order to gain power in this world. Since many of these people are already bound to go to hell they have nothing to barter with, and thus they sacrifice another person whether that person be alive in the here and now, or are to be born in several generations to come. Can anything be done to stop an unborn soul from being bound or cursed? Yes there is. When I say cursed I am referring to anything that is not considered to be fully healthy in body or mind. Of course this could just be a physical condition, and not a curse at all, but I do believe like I said that there are those that were born into curses.

I won't get into a witty banter contest with you, I'm just going on what I have been taught from books that I have read on the subject, and that agree with the bible.
That you believe that is fine.

I just have to ask what you think of a God who places responsibility on people who had nothing to do with crimes long since passed. Said responsibility taking the form of a painful, agonizing death. In what way does that not sound like the actions of a douche to you?

Damborgson
That he can't see that makes it a pointless endeavor to talk to him though. He essentially took the blame off God for not helping infants with painful, terminal, illnesses with "they probably deserved it" because their great great great great great great grandad did something that didn't please God.

NemeBro
Calm down.

Lord Lucien
F*ck that shit. Damborgson--calm up.

And party down.

Damborgson
Lol...you two are inspiring.

bluewaterrider
There's a bigger concern with Christianity than merely dying which no one seems willing to mention.

Damborgson, if this unspoken topic is your concern, the following might be of use and genuine comfort to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqtqaZPs_dI

bluewaterrider
Blue link version. Gave the URL version in the previous post by accident.

Worth the viewing time for those who are deeply plagued by the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqtqaZPs_dI

Dr. Matthew
If it weren't for God, there wouldn't even be movies or comics. I thank him for that.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Dr. Matthew
If it weren't for God, there wouldn't even be movies or comics. I thank him for that.

Wouldn't the god of the bible be against most movies coming out of Hollywood these days?

Lord Lucien
Hey, every God's gotta have a few contradictions in his Creation, don't he?

Shakyamunison
Bacon! Bacon makes god wonderful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.