The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
This thread will be dedicated to updates on my updates on my Revan Respect Thread on comicvine located in my signature and here: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revan-respect-thread/95278/ The reason of such thread is because I will be replaying the entire KOTOR video game in the effort to scavenger every possible feat and accolade of Revan possible. Also, I will like to start this thread on this:

UPDATE 4/20/2014:
"Yet even though you are a mere apprentice, your potential is unlimited - and your progress...amazing. In all my years, I have never seen one who has mastered the initial training so quickly.
You done in weeks what many cannot do in years."
―Zhar Lestin (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

Along with this, Revan, while barely a padawan, is capable of levitating while telekentically moving two chairs easily. This is via cutscene.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3772390-0769677832-0OEXD.gif

Fated Xtasy
Sorry ant but while this maybe impressive for people who don't know anything about Revan, it's not that impressive to me and more knowledgeable EU fans, and the reason why it is not impressive is because Revan was still connected to the force, not to mention Revan was a fast learner because he had already learned everything he need during his Padawan-hood.(the basic stuff anyway) so its not really all that impressive Imo

DarthAnt66
I never claimed it was impressive, I just claimed it was yet to be in my respect thread.

DarthAnt66
UPDATE 4/20/2014 (PART 2):
"I've heard all about your reputation: elite combat training, tops in your class. It's no wonder you were hand picked for this mission."
―Trask Ulgo (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

In total, Revan and Trask kill 14 Sith Troopers on board the Endar Spire. Later, Revan shows his ability with technology to give an additional 5 Sith troopers:
"You could reprogram the damaged assault droid to help you, if you have enough repair parts. Or you could use computer spikes to slice into the terminal and use the Endar Spire's security sytems against the Sith!"
―Carth Onasi (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

"I saw on your service records that you understand a remarkable number of alien languages. That's pretty rare in a raw recruit..."

Revan goes on to defeat 5 duelers in the arena, and then Bendak Starkiller, here are some accolades for Bendak Starkiller:
"I'm Bendak Starkiller, the most famous blaster-slinger on Taris. Over 100 duels without a loss- everyone one of them a death match!"
"Bendak's the best there ever was, plain and simple."

Here is the quote they proclaim once you defeat him:
"All hail the Mysterious Stranger, the greatest duelist to ever grace the rings of Taris!"

Stealth Moose
So if Revan's potential is unlimited, and nothing can be higher than unlimited, than it stands to reason his potential is higher than Anakin's.

/****youcanoniwin

DarthAnt66
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m63gyz20NK1r219jqo8_r2_250.gif

PTforthewin
Revan sucks dick

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Revan sucks dick

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/061/8/2/u_mad____gif_by_grendopony-d4rj8k4.png

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
This thread will be dedicated to updates on my updates on my Revan Respect Thread on comicvine located in my signature and here: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revan-respect-thread/95278/ The reason of such thread is because I will be replaying the entire KOTOR video game in the effort to scavenger every possible feat and accolade of Revan possible. Also, I will like to start this thread on this:

UPDATE 4/20/2014:
"Yet even though you are a mere apprentice, your potential is unlimited - and your progress...amazing. In all my years, I have never seen one who has mastered the initial training so quickly.
You done in weeks what many cannot do in years."
―Zhar Lestin (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

Along with this, Revan, while barely a padawan, is capable of levitating while telekentically moving two chairs easily. This is via cutscene.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3772390-0769677832-0OEXD.gif

You should also add that Revan was able to fight his way through the Star Forge WHILE under the ill effects of Bastila's Battle Meditation technique. something I don't think anyone has taken into account

Nephthys
Oh yeah.....

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
Oh yeah.....

almost 11 years since that game came out and no one ever thought about that?! what. the. ****. erm

DarthAnt66
Her battle meditation would be aimed toward the space battle, not Revan.

Fated Xtasy
doesn't it affect ground troops as well like The Exile did on Onderon?

DarthAnt66
If you look at the fight, Bastila is meditating staring at a display of the space battle, and right after Bastila was defeated, they noticed a break in the Sith Formation, so I think it's safe to say Bastila was focusing primarily on the space battle. Heck, I don't even think she is canonically alerted Revan is on the Star Forge!

Fated Xtasy
If you look at the fight, Bastila is meditating staring at a display of the space battle, and right after Bastila was defeated, they noticed a break in the Sith Formation, so I think it's safe to say Bastila was focusing primarily on the space battle. Heck, I don't even think she is canonically alerted Revan is on the Star Forge!
That's arguable, i mean Malak may have no...er.. Military Genius, but i highly doubt he would just focus on the space battle and not bat an eye at the jedi boarding his ship imo

DarthAnt66
All the members of the Jedi Boarding Party were killed besides Revan very quickly, besides the two Malak took hostage and decided to kill when Revan was infront of him. Malak was not just focusing on the space battle, and if you re-watch the cut scenes, you would see his major focus was on Revan, which brings me to believe I doubt he was interrupt Bastila's deep and concentrating Battle Meditation when he has the situation for himself. Hell, he sent an army of Dark Jedi and War Droids at Revan, there is no need to interrupt Bastila, which would stop the constant amp flowing to the Sith's Space battle, just to tell her Revan MIGHT come to her.

Fated Xtasy
All the members of the Jedi Boarding Party were killed besides Revan very quickly, besides the two Malak took hostage and decided to kill when Revan was infront of him. Malak was not just focusing on the space battle, and if you re-watch the cut scenes, you would see his major focus was on Revan, which brings me to believe I doubt he was interrupt Bastila's deep and concentrating Battle Meditation when he has the situation for himself. Hell, he sent an army of Dark Jedi and War Droids at Revan, there is no need to interrupt Bastila, which would stop the constant amp flowing to the Sith's Space battle, just to tell her Revan MIGHT come to her.
I guess you know more than me dude, And I mean that by the way

DarthAnt66
Hey, you are the one who thought of something none of us have ever really though of it. It's an excellent point, but has no weight leaning for it. It's never explicitly stated, or even implied for that matter the Star Forge's defenses were getting any amp by Bastila, and though they were probably were, it's honestly not even noticeable compared the amp they would be receiving from the Star Forge itself. And like I said, Darth Malak is not really "that" stupid to stop Bastila's battle meditation just to alert her on a "what if", and especially because of Darth Malak's "I am way more powerful then Revan" ego. One might argue Bastila sensed Revan through the Force, which is probably true, but to aim her battle meditation on him instead of focusing it on the battle ahead couple result in execution by Darth Malak, to be honest, I doubt she would do it, or is dumb enough for that matter. However, I will point out something before anyone else has the chance:
"Revan - I knew you would come for me."
Notice how it says that SHE knew, not a Sith who alerted her, but rather that SHE was in the absolute belief Revan would come for her after their engagement on Lehon, which happened shortly before. This means nothing more that she was confident Revan wouldn't give up on trying to redeem her, which is a supported claim based on how you try quite hard to redeem Bastila back on Lehon. If she said "Revan - I was alerted you would come for me," everything would be different, but it doesn't.

DarthAnt66
Revan: You could use your Battle Meditation to aid the Republic fleet.
Bastila: Yes, that would be for the best. You don't need me to defeat Malak anyway...I will stay here in this chamber and use my Battle Meditation to aid the Republic Fleet.

Notice how Bastila implies her Battle Meditation won't work on Revan against Malak, by the quote in bold, and by the "anyway". Note that if it wouldn't amp Revan against Malak, I doubt, including with the evidence above, it would aid the Sith and Droids against Revan.

Fated Xtasy
Hey, you are the one who thought of something none of us have ever really though of it. It's an excellent point, but has no weight leaning for it. It's never explicitly stated, or even implied for that matter the Star Forge's defenses were getting any amp by Bastila, and though they were probably were, it's honestly not even noticeable compared the amp they would be receiving from the Star Forge itself. And like I said, Darth Malak is not really "that" stupid to stop Bastila's battle meditation just to alert her on a "what if", and especially because of Darth Malak's "I am way more powerful then Revan" ego. One might argue Bastila sensed Revan through the Force, which is probably true, but to aim her battle meditation on him instead of focusing it on the battle ahead couple result in execution by Darth Malak, to be honest, I doubt she would do it, or is dumb enough for that matter. However, I will point out something before anyone else has the chance:
"Revan - I knew you would come for me."
Notice how it says that SHE knew, not a Sith who alerted her, but rather that SHE was in the absolute belief Revan would come for her after their engagement on Lehon, which happened shortly before. This means nothing more that she was confident Revan wouldn't give up on trying to redeem her, which is a supported claim based on how you try quite hard to redeem Bastila back on Lehon. If she said "Revan - I was alerted you would come for me," everything would be different, but it doesn't.
an excellent point dude, that's why I call you bossman. do you think the star forge also amped the dark jedi aboard the Star Forge if so that's another thing you could add, yeah? also despite my believing and agreeing with what you said, Bastila Also could've sensed Revan considering their bond, No?

DarthAnt66
Oh, the Star Forge without a doubt amped the Sith. The Star Forge is arguably the most powerful nexus ever. Look what it did to Malak and Bastila! I was positive I mentioned that in my respect thread, however.

"The Star Forge was an enormous space-station/factory that harnessed the power of an entire star. Within its hull was a vast, intricate network of automated machines designed to mass-produce weaponry, droids, and starships. However, it was more than merely a metal construct. Its shadowed cavities were infused with the dark side of Force, endowing it with evil, breathing life."

"Malak powered the Star Forge with captured Jedi Knights, drawing on their powers to augment the massive input if the Unknown World's star."

"Here on the Star Forge the power of the dark side is at its strongest!"

Another excellent point, though I would argue the bond would be somewhat fractured by this point now. However, this doesn't really change much. Heck, Shan might have thought Malak wanted Revan to reach him so they can duel! There is just so many different arguments against Bastila supporting the Star Forge's defenses inside by a degree that would make a difference, I find it hard to believe it would happen.

Fated Xtasy
Oh, the Star Forge without a doubt amped the Sith. The Star Forge is arguably the most powerful nexus ever. Look what it did to Malak and Bastila! I was positive I mentioned that in my respect thread, however.

"The Star Forge was an enormous space-station/factory that harnessed the power of an entire star. Within its hull was a vast, intricate network of automated machines designed to mass-produce weaponry, droids, and starships. However, it was more than merely a metal construct. Its shadowed cavities were infused with the dark side of Force, endowing it with evil, breathing life."

"Malak powered the Star Forge with captured Jedi Knights, drawing on their powers to augment the massive input if the Unknown World's star."

"Here on the Star Forge the power of the dark side is at its strongest!"

Another excellent point, though I would argue the bond would be somewhat fractured by this point now. However, this doesn't really change much. Heck, Shan might have thought Malak wanted Revan to reach him so they can duel! There is just so many different arguments against Bastila supporting the Star Forge's defenses inside by a degree that would make a difference, I find it hard to believe it would happen.
Agreed dude, Malak maybe somewhat versed in military tactics, but his grudge against Revan and ego may have gotten in the way of him going in and telling bastila to amp the men in the star forge, he may be a great duelist and sith lord, but his arrogance will get in the way

DarthAnt66
thumb up I honestly can't recall one feat for Malak in terms of commanding an army. His entire strategy is just to blow up any planet that disagrees with him.

Fated Xtasy
thumb up I honestly can't recall one feat for Malak in terms of commanding an army. His entire strategy is just to blow up any planet that disagrees with him.

Yeah, I guess the majority of the Military tactics were from Revan or Karath

Syndicate
Interesting I'll be watching this.

DarthAnt66
UPDATE 4/24/2014:
Accolade for Calo Nord, a bounty hunter who the character defeats twice.
"Calo Nord's one of the most famous bounty hunters in the galaxy. He's killed more people than the Iridian Plague!"
―Mission Vao (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

Revan defeats Seleven without Force or a lightsaber.
"Now you'll see why I'm the most dangerous assassin on Taris."
―Selven

Official accolade confirming Darth Revan>Darth Malak..
"Of the two traitorous Sith, Revan was the stronger. Malak grudgingly assumed the role of apprentice."
―Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

"You've got the skills of an elite commando, and you've saved my butt more than once. Between that and your facility with languages, I'm lucky you're here."

Also in total, Revan and Carth killed 36 Rakgouls. It should be noted just a few Rakgouls can defeat an entire squad of Sith Troopers.

DarthAnt66

Fated Xtasy
Also in total, Revan and Carth killed 36 Rakgouls. It should be noted just a few Rakgouls can defeat an entire squad of Sith Troopers.

This optional dude, they could've have easily snuck past the rakgouls

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
This optional dude, they could've have easily snuck past the rakgouls what I did in kotor

Lord Stark
Oh yeah.....

If you take that into account then you have to take into account that Revan was under the influence of her Battle Meditation when he dueled Malak.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
This optional dude, they could've have easily snuck past the rakgouls
No, the ones I specified would charge you regardless, unless you did solo mode only with Mission who can do all that stealth stuff. Revan and Carth don't have high enough points for that.

But he didn't...

Don't act like you played it.

Fated Xtasy
No, the ones I specified would charge you regardless, unless you did solo mode only with Mission who can do all that stealth stuff. Revan and Carth don't have high enough points for that

Game mechanics don't count dude, you know I love Revan as much as you, but this is all game mechanics and player choice

DarthAnt66
There's a line between player actions and automade attackers, the rakgouls fit in the later. In fact, a large majority of those rakghouls appear in cutscenes. They are canon. Regardless, it was just there for the "oh cool", it won't even end up on my respect thread. The main part is the Star Forge battle, in which I wish you were focusing on instead. Who the hell cares for dozens of rakghouls when you have dozens of amped Sith? wink

Fated Xtasy
There's a line between player actions and automade attackers, the rakgouls fit in the later. In fact, a large majority of those rakghouls appear in cutscenes. They are canon. Regardless, it was just there for the "oh cool", it won't even end up on my respect thread. The main part is the Star Forge battle, in which I wish you were focusing on instead. Who the hell cares for dozens of rakghouls when you have dozens of amped Sith? wink

I just thought I should let You know, just so jackasses like Jack won't start bitching and moaning about how its game mechanics and how you're a fanboy, You know the usual Jack bullshit.

DarthAnt66
He's banned now. smile

CHAOS GRIZZLY
He is?

DarthAnt66
He was, until you make this sock. I'll report you to the mods.

CHAOS GRIZZLY
He was, until you make this sock. I'll report you to the mods.
You enjoy my company, don't lie.

DarthAnt66
At times I do, I must admit.
I do enjoy you beating down TOR fans, so I won't notify moderators till you piss me off.

CHAOS GRIZZLY
At times I do, I must admit.
I do enjoy you beating down TOR fans, so I won't notify moderators till you piss me off.
Very good, very good.

DarthAnt66

S_W_LeGenD
Can you point out the page number of this statement in KoTOR-CG?

Darth Revan was one of the most powerful Sith Lords in galactic history.

DarthAnt66
I found the image of this:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3695086-revan.png
among my surfing of Revan stuff over the summer. By now where I found it is long lost. It said the quote was from KotORCG, however it never specified the page number. Why?

S_W_LeGenD
I found this quote but not the accolade.

DarthAnt66
What do you mean?

S_W_LeGenD
What do you mean?
That quote begins from "At the height..."

DarthAnt66
So it's fake?

S_W_LeGenD
So it's fake?
Possibly, I advice you to thoroughly check the sourcebook.

DarthAnt66

NewGuy01
Ooh, that's sneaky, but looking back at the image the first line of text *is* slightly different.

DarthAnt66
Damn, thats impressive editing. But yes, I checked it and the quote does start at "At the height..." I'm going to give probs though to the dumbass who made it, because it fooled us all for now a couple months.

DarthAnt66
I will be doing a simple calculation on Revan's speed via the quote "AS MEETRA AND SCOURGE BATTLED the Guard, Revan charged toward the Emperor. His opponent stood perfectly still, focusing and channeling his power. At the last possible instant, the Emperor unleashed a wave of energy that swept Revan off his feet and sent him flying backward."

The size of the throne room Revan covered is "at least forty meters long" where the the throne chair was "at the far end."

Though it is unknown the time in which Revan completed the charge alone, the battle itself is said to be: " of only a few seconds."
The battle consisted of the following:
1. Revan charging the Sith Emperor (what we are calculating)
2. The Sith Emperor pushing Revan all the way backwards
3. Revan now moving more slowly towards the Emperor
4. Revan unleashing a telekinetic blast that through Vitiate back
5. Vitiate unleashing 4 lightning bolt attacks, all Revan blocked/dodged
6. Vitiate summoning a FLS while Revan calculates his options
7. Revan being blasted by lightning as Vitiate "pours" it into him
8. T3 spraying The Sith Emperor with a flamethrower
9. The Emperor blasting T3 to pieces
10. The Emperor walking over to Revan's lightsaber, picking it up, and going to strike down

The term "few" applies to 3, so ALL of that happened in 3 seconds. That being said, Revan charging Vitiate would be a complete minimum of .4 seconds. However, keep in mind at the end of the battle Revan was quite far away from Vitiate, and Vitiate walked over to Revan with "calm, purposeful steps." This alone, with all generosity, would have to be at least a second, especially by how it is said he "calmly" picked up Revan's blade. Vitiate had to of at least covered several meters in this time.

So Revan's charge would have to had been in a complete minimum of .33 seconds, right?. Nah. Keep in note that the time spent with T3 moving, attacking, Vitiate protecting himself, and the destruction of T3 had to take at least a second if the debris even had time to land. We seen in KotOR cut scenes how fast T3 moves, and it is no faster then a walking pace of a human, aka Vitiate calmly walking to Revan. I'm labeling this with a second as well. No objections? Good.

With what we have left, we have:
1. Revan charging the Sith Emperor (what we are calculating)
2. The Sith Emperor pushing Revan all the way backwards
3. Revan now moving more slowly towards the Emperor
4. Revan unleashing a telekinetic blast that through Vitiate back
5. Vitiate unleashing 4 lightning bolt attacks, all Revan blocked/dodged
6. Vitiate summoning a FLS while Revan calculates his options
7. Revan being blasted by lightning as Vitiate "pours" it into him

That is still A LOT of events that occurred in a matter of literally one second, since we already took off the two seconds via the events above. And now let's be honest with each other, Vitiate summoning that FLS, and then literally being said to have continued to "pour" Revan with lightning is with the complete minimum a half a second, and I am being extremely generous here. With that being said, and dividing the other parts nearly evenly (however some tweaking) because I am just that generous, Revan would have had to of covered that ground in .085 seconds.

Covering 120 feet in .085 seconds equates to 430.30 m/s. This time is actually no where near "ridiculous" as far as high-tier calculations go. Darth Bane's speed feet was recorded actually quite higher then such, then again it is probably the greatest speed feat in the mythos. Regardless, around 430m/s is incredibly fast, and hopefully will give Revan some more respect.

Eminence
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140405051127/degrassi/images/b/b9/Jon-Snow-jon-snow-23943457-500-282.gif

Nephthys
You're way too invested in this Ant.

DarthAnt66
@Eminence Get a dictionary. thumb up I can say it happened in one or two seconds instead if you would like. smile

https://www.google.com/search?q=a+few+defenition&oq=a+few+defenition&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4j69i64.3895j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=a+few+definition&spell=1
synonyms: a small number, a handful, one or two, a couple, two or three

I know... sad

Eminence
Is English your first language?

edit: In fact, you know what, brah? Go ahead. Let's make "few" definitively equal one second, because we're already arbitrarily assigning certitude to a span of time indicated by a synonym. Tell Jon Snow more about how Vitiate calmly walked up to Revan in one-tenth of a second.

DarthAnt66
Why?

"a few" is technically equal to 2 or 3. Our society today no longer follows the official definition, same going for "a couple. However I'm not going to ignore it just because we as a community are wrong.

Eminence
Prove it.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp9a4vKbtO1qzmk6so1_500.gif

And then tell Jon Snow why it makes more sense to select "three" over "two" or "one," let alone the much more commonly used and contextually sensible "small number" (sometimes colloquially thought of as "not many"wink leading off the very definition you provided.

So is your contention that Drew Karpyshyn probably shares your brand of supposed linguistic archaism, or are you drawing a line in the sand and deliberately misinterpreting him based on principle?

DarthAnt66
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/few10.png

Because the generation population says its 3.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061012145213AAWrWNO
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/several
http://ask.metafilter.com/65951/How-many-is-a-few
http://answers.reference.com/information/terminology/how_many_is_a_few
http://www.writerightwords.com/write-right-couple-few-some-several-many/
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/134398/how-many-is-a-few

I don't give a damn what he actually mean't, I just give a damn about what ended up on the paper. If you internally think the answer is 35 but you write 8 on your paper, the professor won't give a damn about your 35.

Nephthys
A few is an indefinite amount, Ant. It can be more or less than 3.

DarthAnt66
Google definition begs to differ, which I was referring to in that calculation.

Fated Xtasy
Well Webster's new world Dictionary and Thesaurus says quote

FEW. Not many: a small number of, few, scarce: Rare.

it never explicitly states 1 or 2 or 3, however like Neph said it could more or less than three. just thought I should chime in smile

DarthAnt66
I'm aware, however like I said:

Fated Xtasy
I'm aware, however like I said:

google gets a lot of things wrong, but like I said the word 'few' can apply to 2,3,4 all the way up to a hundred if you're using it a sarcastic way, so whatever the hell you guys are arguing about, its varied so YOU guys don't know, could've been more, could've been less either way it's unknown.

DarthAnt66
Google is a multi-billion dollar company. The contents of the webpages might be wrong, but the official definitions personally made by Google are a reliable source. However, my calculations were based off Google, which said anywhere between 1-3. I took 3 for it is the most logical one to choose.

The Renegade

I tried googling a few hundred times and came up with nothing!

I also accidentally googled the battle of Thermopylae somehow. Apparently, few men stood against many, or something like that.

Well, there's a three there, albeit a few zeroes.

DarthAnt66
Google "few definition"

wink

The Renegade
Found a few (Just two. I have to say this because I fear the effect of my previous post was lost to you.)

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/few?q=few
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/few?s=t

I'm not getting that, "Few is synonymous with three" vibe, as of so far.

DarthAnt66
*motions to my picture of where Google says it can be 1-3 definition*

However, this has got far off the original point at hand, and is making my precious Revan thread annoyed.

The Renegade
Yes, motion to your single source, with the implication that Google is the authority on linguistics + the English language.

Also, your definition from Google also says this:

"a small number, a handful"

^ That's under synonyms. This means that, while a few can mean three, it can also mean more or less, especially to what it's relatively reference. You know, like the battle of Thermopylae or something.

*Motions to you getting smashed by moi.*

Emperordmb
I'd say a few here is definitely more than three, but Ant could balance this out by attributing the added time to Vitiate's little stroll.

Eminence
1. The words you have highlighted are synonyms, which do not necessarily mean the exact same thing.
2. The very fact that every other synonym there specifies a different quantity or doesn't specify at all should make that apparent. Why is this not obvious to you by now?

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/jon-snow-game-of-thrones.gif

Jon Snow offers his condolences for your cognitive dissonance.

And then there's this guy.

I left out everybody else who said "3-14," "3-6," etc. Fewer* people said "3" than said pretty much anything else. Good work.

*by which I don't mean "two or three" less. It might have been five guys.

I don't even know what I'm looking for here. "More than two but fewer than many?" So several = two or three less than many? Do I have this right?

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

So as always, tl;dr:

1. You conflate a synonym with a definition.
2. You propose that "a few" has both traditionally and technically been defined as "two or three." I ask you to prove the former, you apparently don't understand the request.
3. You instead move to establish that since "the general public" believes a word to mean a certain thing, it does, despite earlier stating that you won't "ignore the official definition" just because "we as a community are wrong."
4. You proceed to list several sources that you seem not to have read at all. The Q&As have, off the very top of the page, more people disagreeing with your strict (when convenient) interpretation of the word than supporting it. The discussions/blogs/definitions literally analyze why you're wrong. This would have been super obvious if you'd read any of it. At all. I really hope the magnitude of this isn't lost on you.

edit:

Oh okay.

shifty

The Renegade
*relatively referencing, sorry.

DarthAnt66
Anyways, here would be a good time to introduce my updated Revan Respect Thread. I added a shit ton of more stuff over the past day, spending 12 hours straight on it. So here you go:
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revan-respect-thread/95278/

Emperordmb
I see quotes related to Bane in there... niceeeeee

DarthAnt66
All hail KOTOR2, the game that was designed for literally 95% Revan-wank.
Here are the accolades from KOTOR2 that I don't have yet on my respect thread. I'll add them later this week.

Well, I wasn't there, thankfully. But I heard what he was like during the Mandalorian Wars, and it sounded like he was quick to wipe out anyone who crossed her. -Atton

Watch them carefully, see their patterns, and reconize the strength in it. Influence can be a weapon, one that may need before your journey is done. That was Revan's way, I believe. It was his strength. -Kreia

Have you never asked yourself how Revan took the Republic and Jedi beneath him, how he made them his? To make officers turn on their own people, to bomb innocent worlds to make pacts... strong influence, indeed. -Kreia

I know you left at the Mandalorian Wars, so you don't know much about what went on behind the scenes in the Jedi Civil War. But Revan understood one thing - the real battle was going to be fought between the Jedi on both sides. That was the only battle that mattered. Whoever had the most, the strongest Jedi were going to win the Civil War. If Revan couldn't convert Jedi, then Revan would kill them. -Atton

So Revan trained elite Sith units into assassination squads, whose duty was to go out and capture enemy Jedi. I was in one of the special units trained to do this. Revan had plans for all Jedi. I think it was important that the Jedi see her side of things, the Sith teachings. Revan wanted to break them. And then have them join her. -Atton

I sense that Revan once passed through here, leaving a strong impression behind in the crystals. -Kreia

The "Echani" were mentioned in Kotor1, and they are also the people responsible for the fighting styles used by Palpatine's Imperial Guard (at least as it's explained in the Expanded Universe, most notably in Crimson Empire, I believe). The Echani rely heavily on hand-to-hand combat and personal shield technology, and they had their asses handed to them by Revan during the Jedi Civil War, because, not surprisingly, there weren't many people able to face Revan across a battlefield and survive the encounter. With little to go on for K2, we decided to expand the culture with those elements in mind, and even have a member of the Echani be able to join your party - which is responsible for much of the new hand-to-hand fighting feats and animations you'll see in the game, as well as potentially new powers. Echani are a culture that communicates through battle, and there are many fighting rituals they use when dealing with their own people - and perhaps your character as well. If you wish to gain influence with them,engaging them in sparring matches or combat can earn their respect, their trust, and perhaps more. The greatest among the Echani are said to be able to read their opponent's moves so ell they can predict the path of a battle several seconds, sometimes even minues in advance, by gauging their opponent's fighting style, heart rate, and ther movements in combat. In many ways, the Echani see combat as a rapid dejarik game, calculating feints, attacks, and dodges with a speed that few can surpass. -Chris Avellone

...if Father had been faster... if only Father had been faster... -The Handmaiden (Speed feat for Revan )

The Jedi couldn't have beaten us in the Mandalorian Wars. It took a fallen Jedi to gain that honor. -Mandalorian Duelist

Were it not for Revan's strength, the Republic would already be dead. Only Revan was worthy of our respect. We swept through the Outer Rim without any opposition - until Revan assumed command of the Republic's forces. -Mandalore

She clings to hope. That perhaps she can train one as great as her first. -Darth Sion

The end of the Mandalorian Wars was something new and unknown us. Revan fought us like a true warrior and defeated us on our own terms. -Mandalore

Observation: Revan was a human capable of subtle, intelligent cruelties. He had a strategic mind, and he accepted losses and sacrifices. -HK47

Such an act marked Telos for destruction. It is why the Sith came here, though the fleet commanders did not know why. It is why Revan ordered its destruction to mark the beginning of the Jedi Civil War. It was a message that there would be no place for the Jedi to retreat, to hide. I would not be surprised if Revan left other gifts beneath the surface of the planet - much can be buried beneath graveyards that will never be found. -Kreia

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66
I have once again updated my Revan Respect Thread to the point where it is necessary for you to read it over again. I have added at least a dozen-and-a-half more quotes, uploaded numerous more gifs, and added numerous more sections such as "Pain Tolerance". It should feel much more organized when you read it.
I would ask kindly for you to give feedback so far, and if you know of anything to add that I have yet to have, please tell me so I can add it. Thank you. smile

NewGuy01
I have once again updated my Revan Respect Thread to the point where it is necessary for you to read it over again. I have added at least a dozen-and-a-half more quotes, uploaded numerous more gifs, and added numerous more sections such as "Pain Tolerance". It should feel much more organized when you read it.
I would ask kindly for you to give feedback so far, and if you know of anything to add that I have yet to have, please tell me so I can add it. Thank you. smile

Re-read it. Couple of new quotes that are almost the same as other quotes you've put in.

I reccomend you transfer the info of his saber speculation into the thread rather than as just a link.

DarthAnt66
There are some new ones...such as the Thought Bomb, Holocron, Pain Threshold, Force Drain, etc.

Interesting idea. However why would that benefit it more then a link?

NewGuy01
Because there's no reason to have it separate, and people are more likely to read on past the link without clicking it than to read a separate thread on a single section of Revan's abilities.

It's only logical, you have a section in your respect thread for Revan's dueling abilities--Why not just add the information in that link to that section instead?

DarthAnt66
Because I always viewed respect threads as a databank for feats and quotes, not a place to elaborate why they are important. The format of the dueling abilities thread is completely different from the respect thread, and I feel merging the two will result in nothing but frustration, one empty blog, and a messy respect thread. However, thank you for the suggestion.

DarthAnt66
Update to fellow followers, I added a "Speed Capabilities" section. Check it out once you have the chance. smile

PTforthewin
**** revan

NewGuy01
Because I always viewed respect threads as a databank for feats and quotes, not a place to elaborate why they are important. The format of the dueling abilities thread is completely different from the respect thread, and I feel merging the two will result in nothing but frustration, one empty blog, and a messy respect thread. However, thank you for the suggestion.

You should at the very least add the part displaying the lightsaber forms we've seen Revan commonly using.

NewGuy01
As for the entire fight between Revan and Vitiate only taking place in a few seconds, reading the passage I think it was only referring to the lightning sequence at the end, but I suppose it could be interpreted both ways.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
As for the entire fight between Revan and Vitiate only taking place in a few seconds, reading the passage I think it was only referring to the lightning sequence at the end, but I suppose it could be interpreted both ways.
I'll email Drew about it.
However the fact it said "it ALL happened" makes me believe it is referring to the whole thing.

Darth _Sadow1
Revan: You could use your Battle Meditation to aid the Republic fleet.
Bastila: Yes, that would be for the best. You don't need me to defeat Malak anyway...I will stay here in this chamber and use my Battle Meditation to aid the Republic Fleet.

Notice how Bastila implies her Battle Meditation won't work on Revan against Malak, by the quote in bold, and by the "anyway". Note that if it wouldn't amp Revan against Malak, I doubt, including with the evidence above, it would aid the Sith and Droids against Revan.
Revan is my favorite Star Wars character and his game introduced me to the Expanded Universe, so he will always have a place in my heart. Revan and Vader are my two favorites and I am almost always on their side in a forum debate. Anything I can do to spread the word of the great Revanchrist?

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Darth _Sadow1
Revan is my favorite Star Wars character and his game introduced me to the Expanded Universe, so he will always have a place in my heart. Revan and Vader are my two favorites and I am almost always on their side in a forum debate. Anything I can do to spread the word of the great Revanchrist? you dare blaspheme the lord

Darth _Sadow1
Originally posted by PTforthewin
you dare blaspheme the lord
There is only one Lord: Lord Revan

DarthAnt66
"Throughout this Jedi Civil War, Darth Revan was the central figure -- first as the enemy commander, but ultimately as the one who defeated Darth Malak and shattered the Sith forces."

"Darth Revan is a formidable piece, with several unique powers or abilities. In fact, compared with Darth Malak, Darth Revan is superior in every category except damage. "

"Force Storm may deter some from engaging the character in melee combat, but Force Corruption has the potential to damage an enemy ..."

*Note that this "reflect Darth Revan when he first returned from the Unknown Regions".*

Nephthys
Two of those mention gameplay mechanics.

DarthAnt66
Force Storm and Force Corruption are canonical powers bro.

Nephthys
Sure, but the full quote is still talking about them in terms of gameplay, isn't it?

DarthAnt66
http://nationalcatgroomers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/IMG_0888.jpg

Nephthys
Boom. Nailed it.

DarthAnt66
Looking at it again, not necessarily.

The second quote re-ensures that Darth Revan (Pre-KotOR)>Darth Malak (Pre-KotOR).

The third quote, despite implying some game mechanics, still represents a fact I been trying to explain to everyone for a while now: Revan can overcome superior lightsaber combatants by keeping a distance via Force attacks.

DarthAnt66
"Because a single terentatek was a match for an entire squad of Jedi, the extermination of terentateks was the Order's highest priority in 3993, three years after the end of the Sith War."
-Star Wars Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

It is highly impressive Revan beat two of these guys at once ^

"Or that they would discover relics created by the pre-Republic Rakata civilization as well as numerous Sith artifacts, and use these in combination with their dark side powers to nearly crush the Republic?"
-Deesra Luur Jada (Star Wars Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force)

Nephthys
thumb up

Nice. Also it makes the Swtor protags even more badass.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Especially the Wrath, since he solo'd Marka Ragnos's personal terentatek that he warped and enhanced nightly thumb up

DarthAnt66
"The reason for this soon becomes clear as Revan is almost devoured by primal Sith forces on the world's surface. Revan's will allows him to feed on (and not be consumed by) the power of the dark side."
―Chronicles of the Old Republic

A draining and force resistance feat for Revan, especially considering the quote from Traya. ^

"There is a place in the galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong. It is something of the Sith, but it was fueled by war. It corrupts all that walks on its surface—drowns them in the power of the dark side. It corrupts all life, and it feeds on death."
―Kreia

DarthAnt66
"Even the combined power of the Jedi Council couldn't keep your true identity buried forever, could it?"

The entire power of the Jedi Council failed to overcome Revan's mental power.

NewGuy01
Not true, he had to be told to put the pieces together.

DarthAnt66
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m96qikFvMa1qlydob.jpg
But the pieces still exist, the Council failed to destroy it.

FreshestSlice
As I recall, he only remembered because Bastila was actively drawing on said memories, and the Council only didn't destroy the memories because they wanted to find the Star Forge.

DarthAnt66
Not really. The Council was relying on Shan's bond with Revan to get the memories.
Revan himself was believed to have been completely cleansed of them, and then was made just a normal solider.
Seemingly, it was only when they both went to Dantooine was when Revan's quest was given to him.
Though with all the major twists in the game, that apparent answer might have retconned later on.

FreshestSlice
Not really. The Council was relying on Shan's bond with Revan to get the memories.
Revan himself was believed to have been completely cleansed of them, and then was made just a normal solider.
Seemingly, it was only when they both went to Dantooine was when Revan's quest was given to him.
Though with all the major twists in the game, that apparent answer might have retconned later on.
That's not what Malak says when you meet him for the first time. I definitely believe him more than the Jedi Council.

DarthAnt66
Neither are that accurate.
However, Malak was ultizing Dun Moch to turn Revan angry at the Jedi Council/Bastila.
I'm not exactly sure how reliable he is either.

DarthAnt66
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-09-2014/E3LIzW.gif
Revan withstands an explosion in extreme close proximity with only little injury.

realslimshady25
Big ****ing deal so did Echo and he's a clone

FreshestSlice
Neither are that accurate.
However, Malak was ultizing Dun Moch to turn Revan angry at the Jedi Council/Bastila.
I'm not exactly sure how reliable he is either.
Bastila also says they needed to find the Star Forge when you defeat her and say, "I was the Dark Lord of the Sith and the Council let me live," or something like that. Then again she wants you to saber her through the face.

DarthAnt66
"The Council tried to exploit our bond. They hoped your memories would lead me to the Star Forge."

Seemingly, it was only when they both went to Dantooine was when Revan's quest was given to him
thumb up

FreshestSlice
I just don't see how you can plan to remove memories from someone while at the same time expecting to use that someone to see these memories. I think it's more likely they weren't trying to destroy them to begin with, only repress them. And he only started to see these memories when under Bastila's command.

Not that it really matters either way.

DarthAnt66
They "wiped Revan's mind clean, erasing his memories and giving him a new identity", presumably underestimating that his will and mind is capable of resurrecting them.

realslimshady25
They "wiped Revan's mind clean, erasing his memories and giving him a new identity", presumably underestimating that his will and mind is capable of resurrecting them. did the council even know he was revan?

NewGuy01
lol

FreshestSlice
They "wiped Revan's mind clean, erasing his memories and giving him a new identity", presumably underestimating that his will and mind is capable of resurrecting them.
True enough.
Originally posted by realslimshady25
did the council even know he was revan?
How would they? I mean he is wearing a mask, after all.

realslimshady25
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
True enough.

How would they? I mean he is wearing a mask, after all. the council new what he looked like

FreshestSlice
Your level of intelligence continues to astound, PT.

DarthAnt66
NEW ACCOLADE! big grin big grin
"Revan has become more powerful then you could possibly imagine."
--Star Wars: The Old Republic (Foundry Battle)

Nephthys
Is that for his death?

DarthAnt66
No. It states it during the fight. 1:20 (chat box)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9iRvyoRw2Q

FreshestSlice
I think that was an Obi-Wan joke.

DarthAnt66
Don't care, this is one of Revan's most impressive accolades.
I nearly stabbed myself that I didn't find it sooner.

Selenial
No. It states it during the fight. 1:20 (chat box)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9iRvyoRw2Q

Uhh, he had to channel a massive attack, and it only lasted a few seconds.

Might want to place some context in there buddy.

DarthAnt66
No? The quote stays strong the rest of the battle.

DarthAnt66
Also, another note. It seems it is entirely scripted. It occurred at 1:20 in two separate videos. smile

Selenial
No? The quote stays strong the rest of the battle.

He casts something, you get the message, he gets a temporary buff. The buff says the same thing as the quote. The buff dissapears.

DarthAnt66
hold on

FreshestSlice
Nvm, it could be timed. I'll check later.

Selenial
Ant.

The "More powerful" buff is NOTHING. All it does is force lifts another member of the group.

So, your little respect thread should say "Revan becomes powerful enough after 4 seconds of channeling to hold someone in the air... for a further 6 seconds."

Selenial
Yeah, just checked another video. It happens in 1 minute and 20 seconds regardless of what happens. Also, proof it was temporarily? The message stays there. And also regardless, still a highly impressive accolade.

I wasn't aware chat boxes were canon.

Do you not know what a buff bar is?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Selenial
Ant.

The "More powerful" buff is NOTHING. All it does is force lifts another member of the group.

So, your little respect thread should say "Revan becomes powerful enough after 4 seconds of channeling to hold someone in the air... for a further 6 seconds."

That's entirely raw game mechanics.

Selenial
That's entirely raw game mechanics.

And the message appearing in a chat box is way more evidence?

So, when my game tells me, through my Chat Box, that my ability is not off cooldown yet, it's Canon that the Darth Nox had to wait 4 seconds between each bout of lightning unless specced into a proper tree?

DarthAnt66
Everything you are stating is game mechanics, as is your argument against this quote.
I have no problem with the thought Revan only reaches this point briefly, it actually helps in my favor in the grand scheme on things.
However, that doesn't change the fact that for an unknown amount of time, Revan was more powerful then all of them, and the hype of Vitiate himself.

DarthAnt66
I have added over 10 new accolades (I downloaded and went through the dialogue.tlk file in the game), so check them out when you have the chance. smile
---- ---- ----
Better yet, I have also found a new description of Darth Revan's fight with Yusanis, declaring the Echani as its species' most famous warrior (found in the description of Yusanis's Brand).
"Yusanis was the most famous of Echani warriors, fighting against oppression and villainy until encountering Darth Revan. Discovering that Revan had killed an Echani senator, Yusanis attempted to tell authorities but fell to the powers of the Sith Lord, despite his own impressive abilities and the cortosis weave inherent in all Echani vibroblades."
―Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Selenial
You do realise Yusanis was beating Revan in a duel right?

Revan won because his saber melted points in Yusanis' blade, that's it.

NewGuy01
Was this also from the KOTORCG Collectors Edition?

Emperordmb
You have a quote for that?

Is it from the KOTOR Fifth Limited Ultimate Collector's Edition Campaign Guide?

DarthAnt66
You do realise Yusanis was beating Revan in a duel right?

Revan won because his saber melted points in Yusanis' blade, that's it.
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
I ****ing died of laughter.
---- ---- ----
I don't want a quote, give me a scan.

DarthAnt66
"Despite his skills, Yusanis was quicky killed by Revan."
--Star Wars The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia V3 pg361

So I just found this ^ Your credibility is also now destroyed! eek!

EDIT: Here is the full quote (added to respect thread):
"One of the most feared of Echani warriors active in the galaxy during the decades leading up to the Jedi Civil War, Yusanis was a decorated solider and one of the greatest heroes of the Mandalorian Wars. Later, when Yusanis discovered that an Echani Senator had been killed by Darth Revan, he set out to confront the Sith Lord and bring him to justice. Despite his skills, Yusanis was quicky killed by Revan."
--The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Selenial
Doesn't mean jack shit, Yusanis was killed by Revan because of his blade.

Yusanis was demolishing him, Revan melted certain parts of the blade that eventually led to Yusanis' sword being destroyed, he stood only holding the Hilt and Revan cut his throat.

But in the straight up Duel, Revan was barely holding Yusanis off...

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Was this also from the KOTORCG Collectors Edition?

I dunno, Aurbere posted it in my Kaggath, as an accolade for Traya...

I'll ask.

Nephthys
"Despite his skills, Yusanis was quicky killed by Revan."
--Star Wars The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia V3 pg361

So I just found this ^ Your credibility is also now destroyed! eek!

EDIT: Here is the full quote (added to respect thread):
"One of the most feared of Echani warriors active in the galaxy during the decades leading up to the Jedi Civil War, Yusanis was a decorated solider and one of the greatest heroes of the Mandalorian Wars. Later, when Yusanis discovered that an Echani Senator had been killed by Darth Revan, he set out to confront the Sith Lord and bring him to justice. Despite his skills, Yusanis was quicky killed by Revan."
--The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Quickly.

Also Sel's version of the fight sounds super fake. Sorry Sel.

DarthAnt66
Doesn't mean jack shit, Yusanis was killed by Revan because of his blade.

Yusanis was demolishing him, Revan melted certain parts of the blade that eventually led to Yusanis' sword being destroyed, he stood only holding the Hilt and Revan cut his throat.

But in the straight up Duel, Revan was barely holding Yusanis off...
http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2064095582.gif Now sure if trolling or not.
----- ----- -----
Also, thanks Neph. thumb up

Selenial
Quickly.

Also Sel's version of the fight sounds super fake. Sorry Sel.

I've got the thing in front of me, but it was posted by Aurbere, so you're probably all going to call it fake and gay as soon as I post it.

I'm source checking it now.

Just to clarify... Again. I wasn't the one who supposedly produced Fake Quotes, and in fact yes, I still don't believe they're fake.

I have 6 versions of the Stat Wars Roleplaying game, and 4 of the Essential Guide to Vehicles and vessels. These things are constantly updated, one of my Vehicles and Vessels calls the Executor 7km long, another 9, another 11, and the final one says 19... There are multiple editions.

But yes, I'm looking in to it now.

DarthAnt66
laughing out loud Your just a joke, dude. No one is going to believe you.
I request the scan, page number, and the source. Thank you.

Nephthys
I didn't mean for it to be offensive or for it to become a "thing" where every quote you talk about gets doubted. So sorry for that.

Ant is being a biiiiiiitch though. Sorry for that also.

DarthAnt66
I did. no expression
Truth hurts, bro.

NewGuy01
The difference is that the Stat Wars has multiple listed editions whilst the KOTORCG has only one.

Also, the writing in the quotes that were provided are far from professional work. I do not question your own credibility, but I strongly question Aurbere's.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>