Angela vs dcnu Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
angela from recent gotg and previously of spawn-fame. how this goez?

carver9
Wonder Woman.

Kazenji
So are we using Angela's appearance from GOTG only? or is Spawn allowed too.

guy222
Angela

Kazenji
Originally posted by carver9
Wonder Woman.

I doubt it.

leonidas
i wish she would have had a better chance to battle gladiator recently. might have shed more light on her power levels. i think based on what i've seen of her in marvel so far, she would def give diana a great fight but i think i might go with ww as well, at least for the moment. i hope she has some strong showings up coming though. marvel could really use a bad-a$$ female character who is herald level.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
i wish she would have had a better chance to battle gladiator recently. might have shed more light on her power levels. i think based on what i've seen of her in marvel so far, she would def give diana a great fight but i think i might go with ww as well, at least for the moment. i hope she has some strong showings up coming though. marvel could really use a bad-a$$ female character who is herald level.

They had it with Proxima Mignight, but they seem to have placed her on the shelf for now. Too bad. They also deep sixed Caiera the Oldstrong, who had great potential to become an awesome character. Perhaps they may bring her back. What book is Angela in? Did McFarlane merge with Marvel or something?

Kazenji
At leonidas

Originally posted by Kazenji
So are we using Angela's appearance from GOTG only? or is Spawn allowed too.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by Stoic
They had it with Proxima Mignight, but they seem to have placed her on the shelf for now. Too bad. They also deep sixed Caiera the Oldstrong, who had great potential to become an awesome character. Perhaps they may bring her back.

Well Galactus ate Caiera, so doubt she will be back. unless she comes back as a new herald, which would be awesome

Stoic
So this is the story on Angela, for those that are interested.

Following last week's news that former Spawn character Angela is now a full-fledged part of the Marvel Universe, Newsarama reached Todd McFarlane for comment on the situation.

"Neil Gaiman and I had a resolution in our legal dispute, and as part of that he ended up with the rights of Angela," the Spawn creator told Newsarama. "Whatever Neil chooses to do with something that he owns is at his complete and utter discretion."

Angela debuted in 1993's Spawn #9, written by Gaiman and illustrated by McFarlane. The character became entangled in a 10-year-long legal battle between the two creators, which was resolved with undisclosed terms in January 2012.

Comics
TODD MCFARLANE Reacts to the Marvel/ANGELA Situation
by Albert Ching, Newsarama Staff Writer
Date: 25 March 2013 Time: 05:22 PM ET
373 1 Reddit21 Submit4

View full size image

Following last week's news that former Spawn character Angela is now a full-fledged part of the Marvel Universe, Newsarama reached Todd McFarlane for comment on the situation.

"Neil Gaiman and I had a resolution in our legal dispute, and as part of that he ended up with the rights of Angela," the Spawn creator told Newsarama. "Whatever Neil chooses to do with something that he owns is at his complete and utter discretion."

Angela debuted in 1993's Spawn #9, written by Gaiman and illustrated by McFarlane. The character became entangled in a 10-year-long legal battle between the two creators, which was resolved with undisclosed terms in January 2012.

"The health of the industry is based upon having good stories and good characters, and a wide customer base," McFarlane said to Newsarama. "If bringing some of these characters back to the fold in a meaningful way adds to that, then it just strengthens our industry."

Cogliostro and Medieval Spawn also debuted in Spawn #9, and were also part of the dispute. Though no details have specifically been announced on the current status of those characters, Cogliostro appeared in Spawn #225, published in November 2012.

"Good stories that entertain are something that we all should applaud on any level," McFarlane said. "Whether we're doing it directly at Image Comics, or at our competition, it helps keep our industry that we love alive. I will sit back and be as interested as anyone else."

Angela is slated to make her Marvel debut in the closing pages of June's Age of Ultron #10, written by Brian Michael Bendis and illustrated by Marvel chief creative officer Joe Quesada. For months, Marvel had been promoting that Age of Ultron contained an "unguessable" surprise ending.

The character's next appearance is scheduled for Guardians of the Galaxy #5, expected for July, to be co-written by Bendis and Gaiman. Marvel declined comment on this story.

Stoic
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Well Galactus ate Caiera, so doubt she will be back. unless she comes back as a new herald, which would be awesome

The Oldstrong power mixed with the Power Cosmic would put her way over the top in terms of the Herald weight class. She was already a Herald level character alone. If that happened she'd probably be a solid Trans.

carver9

?

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by carver9
? In Skaars solo comic, caiera was back as one with the planet. Galalactus later ate her directly for the power.

leonidas
Originally posted by Kazenji
At leonidas

well, i'm only familiar with her spawn-related material in a limited way so i can't really compare that version. i was going only off her marvel stuff, but feel free to compare both versions. i could use the additional info and i'm sure others could as well.

@stoic--i had no idea there was so much controversy over the character. lol artists.....

carver9
In Skaars solo comic, caiera was back as one with the planet. Galalactus later ate her directly for the power.

Aaaahhhh...I'm getting my characters mixed up. If we are talking about her...she stomps Wonder Woman. Skaar with the old power was a beast. Beastly enough to stalemate Surfer and his mom was on an entirely different league. It's debatable if she was even Herald level. She was probably trans.

Bentley
Is Spawn canon to Angela?

Golgo13
What are some of her feats?

Stoic
Originally posted by Golgo13
What are some of her feats?

She was a demon slayer. She's an angel, but I don't know what her deal is now that Marvel has her. I think Neal Gaiman messed up because Angela, and the rest of her kind are part of the Spawn canon. I'm hoping that she becomes a huge hit at Marvel with me having bought 12 copies of her first appearance and all big grin.

To be honest though, I wish DC had gotten her instead of Marvel, because I don't think Marvel will flesh her out the way that DC would be able to. I mean Angels are more of a DC thing than Marvel.

Kazenji

To be honest though, I wish DC had gotten her instead of Marvel, because I don't think Marvel will flesh her out the way that DC would be able to. I mean Angels are more of a DC thing than Marvel.

Also doesn't help when Bendis is currently writing GOTG.

Epicurus
The Oldstrong power mixed with the Power Cosmic would put her way over the top in terms of the Herald weight class. She was already a Herald level character alone. If that happened she'd probably be a solid Trans.
The Oldstrong power mixed with the Power Cosmic ended up poisoning Galactus. The OS is supposedly an artificial recreation of the PC anyways.

Epicurus
Wonder Woman wins, by a mile or so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.