Resident Evil VII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133869-Report-Resident-Evil-7-to-be-Revealed-at-E3-2014

I hope to god Jake isn't the main character this time. I cannot stand him. Focus on 1-2 characters this time. Preferably someone whos been absent like Billy, Claire, or Rebecca (maybe Jill).

I wouldn't mind Leon though. You cant have too much Leon.

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2013/05/supposed-RE7-logoposter-thing..jpg

Tzeentch
"the war ends now"?

lol. I remember when the series basically reached its plot conclusion in the 5th one.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I wouldn't mind Leon though. You cant have too much Leon.

Actually you can. Not to mention Chris. Resident Evil has a pretty decent sized pool of characters and I would like if they brought back some of the more nostalgic this time around that aren't all Bruce Lee like Barry, Rebecca, or Claire.

Kazenji
Lets hope its not so action oriented this time around, Yeah i'm dreaming there.

-Pr-
Yeah. Six was just... Ugh. Can't even begin with how disappointed I was.

Kazenji
I still haven't finished 6

finished Leon's campaign and then i was working on Chris's and i don't know got sidetracked playing something better

Now Resident Evil Revelations, Now that one kills the 6th game in every department.

Arachnid1
Agreed. Revelations was amazing.

Bring back Rebecca and/or Claire and make it terrifying.

Stealth Moose
Honestly? I liked six the best. Maybe it didn't faithfully recreate survival horror atmosphere, but it was a lot of fun, and it has a ton of replayability. I also, after getting over initial "this ain't true RE-itis", found Operation Raccoon City to be fun as well.

It could be that I'm no longer interested in spending hours navigating with shitty tank controls to find plugs and keys while pretending to be scared like I was 20 years ago.

I vote make Billy, Rebecca and Claire mains this time. Or just Claire. Even better would be a Mercs mode with all the major players over the years. The damn things were never canon anyways, so having a limited character pool always annoyed me.

Kazenji
You found Operation Raccoon City fun?....your probably in the minority with that one

Originally posted by Stealth Moose

It could be that I'm no longer interested in spending hours navigating with shitty tank controls to find plugs and keys while pretending to be scared like I was 20 years ago.

Well they don't need to go that retro for the controls.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Kazenji
You found Operation Raccoon City fun?....your probably in the minority with that one

Well they don't need to go that retro for the controls.

I did. If you judge it on its own merits, it does pretty well. In any case, it's a dark, gritty game with four player co-op and versus, that has a lot of replayability. I can't complain with that. I also loved Outbreak and wish I had been able to get my hands on File #2.

As for the controls, I know. I'm simply being ridiculous for its own sake. I have a lot of good memories with RE; I've been with the series since nearly day one (certainly year one). But I'm changing with age, and with less gaming time per day and more friends, I appreciate games that let me accommodate both. I've spent 100+ hours in RE 6 (basically, playing it since launch); nearly as much in RE 5, and RE 4 half as much (unless you count Mercs). You could tally up playtime with all the other core games included (And even Gun Survivor/Outbreak) and it'd be less.

That's a huge investment, IMO.

Smasandian
I didn't mind RE6 as well. I liked it better than RE5.

My major disappointment was that the campaigns were not different enough. I like how they work together but I still felt the environments were re-used quite a bit.

I think I would rather have less content but make it much more memorable.

Overall, I enjoyed RE6. I only started to play the series at the 4th installment so I don't get all bent out of shape if it's not exactly like old versions.

Arachnid1
I think I put more time into RE4 than RE5 and 6 combined. I played and beat professional mode 40+ times and did even more on normal difficulty. I unlocked everything many times over and enjoyed every playthrough. RE4 at the moment is my all time favorite game. 6 was fun, but a bit of a downgrade. 6 was even worse.

Revelations was a return to form, though needed the tighter controls, better graphics, and overall better presentation of a numbered release. The enemy designs could have been better too. Still, amazing game for the pacing and story.

Stealth Moose
The Revelations PC port needed some work. Also, locking 99% of the levels in Horde mode unless you beat the story makes me want to rip a phonebook in half.

-Pr-
Honestly? I liked six the best. Maybe it didn't faithfully recreate survival horror atmosphere, but it was a lot of fun, and it has a ton of replayability. I also, after getting over initial "this ain't true RE-itis", found Operation Raccoon City to be fun as well.

I vote make Billy, Rebecca and Claire mains this time. Or just Claire. Even better would be a Mercs mode with all the major players over the years. The damn things were never canon anyways, so having a limited character pool always annoyed me.

Honestly, I don't agree.

As an action game, it doesn't really stand up to its peers, and the story is... ****ed, in short.

If you think it's a good game, more power to you, but I don't think anyone can realistically say that it was a really good Resident Evil game, even taking in to account the more action-oriented the series has become in recent years.

Impediment
RE5 > RE6.

6 wasn't a bad game, but it felt like I wasn't playing a Resident Evil game AT ALL, even on Ada's campaign.

I can only imagine what 7 will bring.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly, I don't agree.

As an action game, it doesn't really stand up to its peers, and the story is... ****ed, in short.

If you think it's a good game, more power to you, but I don't think anyone can realistically say that it was a really good Resident Evil game, even taking in to account the more action-oriented the series has become in recent years.

Uh, I can. Let's evaluate why:

Was RE 6 more fun to play than its predecessors? Y
Was RE 6's story bigger in scope than the previous games and built a foundation for future games? Y
Was RE 6 more comfortable to play? Y
Did RE 6 feature the best multi-player experience in the core series to date? Y
Did RE 6 include tons of mundane puzzles? N
Did RE 6 include horribad voice acting? Mostly N
Did RE 6 have tons of replayability? Y

Just saying. Unless there's some very specific benchmarks that make "real Resident Evil" which 6 lacked, I don't quite follow the crowd here. And I've again, been a huge fan since the beginning.

Zack Fair
Jake was all right in my book. A couple of cheesy lines, but lets face it everyone in RE has dozens of them. I like him more than most new characters introduced in other franchises.

Nemesis X

Depends which predecessors you're talking about. If all of them, I call BS.

I will agree gameplay is a lot smoother.

Clearly you didn't play Outbreak.

Thank god for that at least.

To get some of those pain in the ass achievements that require to replay the first three stories more than a dozen times, indeed.

Arachnid1

Was RE 6's story bigger in scope than the previous games and built a foundation for future games? Y

Just saying. Unless there's some very specific benchmarks that make "real Resident Evil" which 6 lacked, I don't quite follow the crowd here. And I've again, been a huge fan since the beginning. I disagree too. A lot of your questions boil down to personal opinion.

Was RE 6 more fun to play than its predecessors?
No, it got stale pretty quickly.

Was RE 6's story bigger in scope than the previous games and built a foundation for future games?
Yes. Bigger in scope doesn't equal better story though. RE has never had an award winning story, but RE6 was new levels of low.

Was RE 6 more comfortable to play?
Agreed on this. Easier to play, but I felt RE5 felt tighter. Something about RE6 just came off as sloppy.

Did RE 6 feature the best multi-player experience in the core series to date?
The multiplayer was lame, with the exception of normal mercs which was the dead same as the previous two games.

Did RE 6 include tons of mundane puzzles?
No, not tons. It did have puzzles though. Stupid, easy puzzles that really had no place in the game. If your going to do puzzles, do it right.

Did RE 6 include horribad voice acting?
No, but neither did 5. RE4 voice acting was fine too, except for the occasional cheesy line.

Did RE 6 have tons of replayability?
I actually disagree. After playing through on the hardest difficulty, there wasn't much point besides achievements and pointless collectables. The gameplay was already pretty boring after the first playthrough.

RE6 has the lowest collective reviews of any game in the entire series. Theres a reason for that. Its fine if you prefer it to the rest of the games, but don't try to pass it off as better than the rest when it was clearly the worst in the series.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Depends which predecessors you're talking about. If all of them, I call BS.

I can be excited about firing up RE 6, even if it's just to do a few Merc rounds or play co-op with friends. I haven't touched RE 5 except to benchmark in a year, and RE 4 even longer. I haven't touched RE 1/CV in years as well, even though I have readily available copies of each. They just don't have the fun value outside of the initial impact.

Absolutely.

Reading is your friend. I have played Outbreak 1 but not 2. In any case, that's irrelevant; MP has been effectively disabled on both games for years. They also lacked VO support.

thumb up

Ignoring the serpent emblems (which I didn't bother to get all of), I can't say I have replayed the entire campaign more than twice in total and gotten pretty much all of the non-Mercs/Versus achievements.

Maybe ur doin it wrong bro.

I disagree too. A lot of your questions boil down to personal opinion.

Everything does. But at least my opinion is bringing up something more concrete than "I don't think it's a good RE game cuz I don't"; I'm pointing out ways in which it surpasses the previous titles, something a lot of fans want to ignore because it "isn't survival horror anymore".

Disagreed. As I said, much more replay value than any title beforehand. Outbreak would get an exception, if it was still playable anymore.

I'm not sure I can agree with this at all. Overall, the story was entertaining, the characters were likable, and the action was intense. RE has been a B-movie horror plot since 1996; if anything, the production values and dramatic impact of RE 6 eclipse previous titles quite a bit. RE 5 is the only one that comes close, and let's face it - that story was boring as hell once you found out Wesker was alive.

I can't say the same. I can execute a great deal of moves, respond more fluidly, and do a bit more with 6. Perhaps you never overcame the initial learning curve.

Erm, no. The campaign was much better fleshed out. More variety in action, less gritty Black Hawk Down nonsense from RE5. Mercs and Versus have a lot of variety, from free for all, slayers, point races, Ustanek mode, etc. It's like comparing the multiplayer of Goldeneye to Timesplitters III. I don't even see how you could so readily write it off as "dead same" when it's not.

Item fetching doesn't quite count as puzzles. I'm not anti-puzzle, but I am anti-stupid puzzles.

RE 4 was pretty painful in hindsight.

K.

"It's not survival horror"?

I didn't realize the initial impressions of the majority were indicative of a product's merits. If that is indeed the case, many cult classics outright suck because they were panned initially.

Better overall = a little stretching it.

More fun and enjoyable with longevity and playing depth beyond the other titles = absolutely.

-Pr-

Just saying. Unless there's some very specific benchmarks that make "real Resident Evil" which 6 lacked, I don't quite follow the crowd here. And I've again, been a huge fan since the beginning.

I don't agree with most of those, but to each his own I guess. Besides, i'd just be repeating what other people said.

Stealth Moose
Concession accepted. All hail.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Smasandian
I didn't mind RE6 as well. I liked it better than RE5.

My major disappointment was that the campaigns were not different enough. I like how they work together but I still felt the environments were re-used quite a bit.

I think I would rather have less content but make it much more memorable.

Overall, I enjoyed RE6. I only started to play the series at the 4th installment so I don't get all bent out of shape if it's not exactly like old versions. Agreed 100%. I'd like to see them drop the chapters thing. Makes it feel too arcadish for me.

I like RE6 a lot more than RE5. TBH I didn't really like 5.

Smasandian
I think they should go back to what made RE4 so ****ing awesome. Frights, intense sequences, interesting locations and some kick ass bosses.

Then again, I ****ing love RE4 and have played it more than 5 times.

Impediment
RE2 deserves a full scale remake. I still adore the puzzles, the tense scenarios, and the two intertwining stories of Leon and Claire.

7 had better bring something good to the table.

Zack Fair
Agreed about the RE2 remake, but I doubt it will ever happen(prove me wrong Capcom) Still Leon's first chapter in RE6 somewhat calmed my need for a RE2 remake

-Pr-
Concession accepted. All hail.

laughing out loud

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Impediment
RE2 deserves a full scale remake. I still adore the puzzles, the tense scenarios, and the two intertwining stories of Leon and Claire.

7 had better bring something good to the table.

I would -love- this. I have good memories of knifing through RE 2.

laughing out loud

thumb up

-Pr-
I know someone is working on a remake of 2 (more a mod than an actual, official Capcom thing), but yeah, remaking 2 would be great.

The first 3 games had their issues, but they were still the best of Resident Evil imo. 4 is borderline for me when it comes to atmosphere and such, but it's still a great game.

Stealth Moose
I always thought Zero should have gotten more love.

-Pr-
I always thought Zero should have gotten more love.

Agreed. I enjoyed it, and I enjoyed the Gamecube REmake, even if I found it a fair bit easier than the original. Both were really enjoyable games, I thought.

Stealth Moose
The REMake was at least made to mess with people who had beaten the original to death. It was perhaps the last genuinely scary RE for me.

BackFire
Damn, I was hoping for a reboot of sorts. Series needs to get back to its survival horror roots. RE6 was just a badly made action game with some crappy horror segments. Tried to do too much and ended up doing nothing.

-Pr-
The REMake was at least made to mess with people who had beaten the original to death. It was perhaps the last genuinely scary RE for me.

I didn't find it THAT scary, personally, but I still feel it was the closest thing to survival horror compared to what came after it.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by BackFire
Damn, I was hoping for a reboot of sorts. Series needs to get back to its survival horror roots. RE6 was just a badly made action game with some crappy horror segments. Tried to do too much and ended up doing nothing.

http://prettylittleliars.alloyentertainment.com/files/2014/01/blair-shh.gif

Stealth Moose
I didn't find it THAT scary, personally, but I still feel it was the closest thing to survival horror compared to what came after it.

Encounter your first Crimsonhead, alone, at night, with surround sound on.

Bring your brown pants, especially when he opens the door to chase you.

-Pr-

Bring your brown pants, especially when he opens the door to chase you.

laughing out loud

Okay, yeah, that probably would have made me jump.

BackFire
http://prettylittleliars.alloyentertainment.com/files/2014/01/blair-shh.gif

I'd like to shhhhhh all over her face.

Stealth Moose
http://hqdesktopwallpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/3091__leighton_meester_.jpg

Her right eye is higher than her left.

You're welcome.

BackFire
I enjoy varied target practice. Thanks.

Stealth Moose
I knew you'd say something along those lines.

You're welcome.

BackFire
You've come to know me so well in the short amount of time we've been interacting, Moose. That makes me hard.

Zack Fair

Bring your brown pants, especially when he opens the door to chase you. thumb up

Lets not forget Lisa. She scared me shitless and I was in university when it happened and had played my fair share of REs and Silent Hills.

Kazenji
I did. If you judge it on its own merits, it does pretty well. In any case, it's a dark, gritty game with four player co-op and versus, that has a lot of replayability. I can't complain with that. I also loved Outbreak and wish I had been able to get my hands on File #2.

Well i suppose i don't play RE for ****en multiplayer...i play it for a decent B grade story and blasting creatures.

They did go back to its roots if you've ever played Revelations.

Stealth Moose
You've come to know me so well in the short amount of time we've been interacting, Moose. That makes me hard.

http://a.gifb.in/042009/1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Originally posted by Zack Fair
thumb up

Lets not forget Lisa. She scared me shitless and I was in university when it happened and had played my fair share of REs and Silent Hills.

Oh yeah, she was scary too. Good call!

Well i suppose i don't play RE for ****en multiplayer...i play it for a decent B grade story and blasting creatures.

Maybe the problem is you don't have any friends.

Why are you taking it out on a video game, bro?

BackFire

I haven't. I want the numbered main entries to get back to their roots.

Kazenji

Maybe the problem is you don't have any friends.

erm

What the hell has having friends got to do with enjoying RE all a sudden

maybe that's how it works in your life but not mine.

Tzeentch
Yeah, Kazenji doesn't need friends.

Kazenji
And you live in a basement, what else is new.

Tzeentch
this fist that's about to shatter your face, friend

Kazenji
Yeah thought so....

don't know where this sudden need to have friends just to enjoy Resident Evil comes from.

Ridley_Prime
If a game in the series does the survival horror feel justice, who cares whether it's one of the main numerical entries or just a side story to them? One could argue that Code Veronica was the "true RE4".

The Renegade
I honestly have difficulty understanding why people want to play years and years of the same type of survival horror. I've noticed that this started with RE5 and everyone was like, "Oh, the enemies run now? They have weapons? You have a partner so now it's easy mode? What happened to the super slow shambling T-Virus BOWs?"

What happened is the series f*cking evolved like it had to in order to avoid become a long string of derivative installments. Now, everyone loves RE5 and I remembered all the contrarian, and other, hate it got when it was first released.

Why, though? I still felt that desperation and scariness that I've felt in any other RE game I've played. Yeah, it was different. I embraced that. The first time I stepped foot into that steep lagoon and ominous music rang in the background as I tried to avoid a bunch of mastodon-sized crocodiles? That was harrowing as f*ck and it didn't matter that I was with a friend. It just scared two of us instead of one.

RE6 came along and I thought it was fantastic! It was so diverse too. Each campaign felt like they were separate games and it was excellent. The writing wasn't horrible either. It threw in some nostalgic moments (Leon's campaign, anyone?) all while maintaining it's own style, as a separate installment. Also, I've never felt more inclined to replay an RE game than I did with 6.

Also, the criticisms surrounding Chris' size and Leon essentially being Tony Jaa... what did you expect? These people survived the craziest outbreak ordeals, especially Leon, and were hired by some of the most well financed, highly trained outfits/organizations on Earth. Did you think they'd still be shaking in their boots?

I agree that the games should explore other characters, such as Rebecca and Claire, but I haven't minded where they've been going.

Impediment

Dude, do yourself a big favor and play RE: Revelations ASAP. You won't be disappointed at all. This is a fresh breath of survival horror after too long a time.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by The Renegade
I honestly have difficulty understanding why people want to play years and years of the same type of survival horror. I've noticed that this started with RE5 and everyone was like, "Oh, the enemies run now? They have weapons? You have a partner so now it's easy mode? What happened to the super slow shambling T-Virus BOWs?"

What happened is the series f*cking evolved like it had to in order to avoid become a long string of derivative installments. Now, everyone loves RE5 and I remembered all the contrarian, and other, hate it got when it was first released.

Why, though? I still felt that desperation and scariness that I've felt in any other RE game I've played. Yeah, it was different. I embraced that. The first time I stepped foot into that steep lagoon and ominous music rang in the background as I tried to avoid a bunch of mastodon-sized crocodiles? That was harrowing as f*ck and it didn't matter that I was with a friend. It just scared two of us instead of one.

RE6 came along and I thought it was fantastic! It was so diverse too. Each campaign felt like they were separate games and it was excellent. The writing wasn't horrible either. It threw in some nostalgic moments (Leon's campaign, anyone?) all while maintaining it's own style, as a separate installment. Also, I've never felt more inclined to replay an RE game than I did with 6.

Also, the criticisms surrounding Chris' size and Leon essentially being Tony Jaa... what did you expect? These people survived the craziest outbreak ordeals, especially Leon, and were hired by some of the most well financed, highly trained outfits/organizations on Earth. Did you think they'd still be shaking in their boots?

I agree that the games should explore other characters, such as Rebecca and Claire, but I haven't minded where they've been going.

thumb up

Stagnation and repetition is not a good thing. As a related example, Silent Hill: Homecoming is basically a shit story with rehashed, story-irrelevant enemies from prior titles, and it was pitiful compared to all the ones that came before it. I mean, it had all the common SH elements: ridiculous fog, creepy everything, disturbing visuals and monsters, tank controls with very non-viable combat mechanics, apocalyptic diaries and weird flashbacks, etc. etc. But Homecoming failed because these things aren't as compelling as they were in the late 90's, early 2000's. In addition to a story that was meh, the game made the fatal mistake of piling on shout-outs to earlier games, up to and including Pyramid Head (whose relevance to the plot should stay strictly with SH 2). Tbh, as much as I liked the first three, The Room was my favorite, because it took the element of horror and uncertainty and made everything more personal. But the series stands as a bastion of symbolic horror.

In fact, I'd argue it did more for the genre in terms of higher quality storylines and fear than did Resident Evil, which very quickly became more and more actionized starting with 2 and 3 (dodging, zapping system, ammo is more common, the characters handle better). Each new RE title has added something to make it less unwieldy and slow and boring and more smooth, fluid, and enjoyable to actually play, rather than merely experience. Active, rather than passive storytelling. RE 6 is a natural evolution of design choices well in place before.

Also related, RE never had such deep writing and atmosphere as say, Silent Hill, it's main competitor in survival horror genre. True, it was scary at times. And it was fun. But it was never comparable. It has evolved into a game that is perhaps less reliant on jump-scares and creepy music and more reliant on a story worthy of a Hollywood movie, characters were are already invested with, with gameplay that is inclusive instead of exclusive.

I get that people don't agree; you don't have to really. But the newer titles have merits. They aren't just impure trash.

erm

What the hell has having friends got to do with enjoying RE all a sudden

maybe that's how it works in your life but not mine.

Your post implied you don't play MP at all. The underlying implication is that you don't have any friends.

But never fear - Blax will comfort you in the night, as long as you don't mind the leaky pipes in his mother's basement.

-Pr-
Is RE6 trash? No.

Does it "feel" like a Resident Evil game to me? No.

I don't mind evolving the gameplay. I don't mind making characters more capable. I had no problem with steroid Chris or kung-fu Leon. Even monster Wesker was fine with me.

What bugged me about six was just how much it felt like RE blended with the stereotype of COD. Now, I like COD. I've been playing them donkey's years. What I don't like, is feeling like every new area is an "arena" where I have to get from point a to point b while being constantly attacked and hounded like some sort of gladiator fighting the undead. Sure, you can make the argument that the previous games were like that, but I honestly don't know how else to illustrate the difference I feel when I play them.

Older Resident Evil games have their faults. Of course they do. But they also had tension in ****ing bucket-loads. RE, even as it went through 2 and 3 and beyond, still had the capacity to make you dread going in to a new area.

Hell, there's a section in Resident Evil (the very first one) where you go down a ladder after fighting the snake the second time, and when I climbed down, I literally stayed in place because I could hear the clicks of the hunters in the room with me. It didn't help that the camera was pointed right at me either.

I dunno; I just felt like, after 3, the series got away from what made it so damn enjoyable in the first place. 4 is widely considered a masterpiece, and yet for some reason I just can't get in to it. I finished it one time. Once.

5... I've both slammed and lauded at times, but the short of it is that I only enjoy it when i'm playing with someone. Otherwise, no thanks.

I haven't tried 6 with a friend yet, so maybe that will help the experience.

And I've ranted. Yay...

Wei Phoenix
I didn't really see how 6 had much replayability. I only beat it twice for the Professional achievement, but after that and finding all of the collectibles and whatnot, there wasn't much to do after that unless I'm mistaken. Mercenaries was always fun though, I enjoyed that in 5 and 6.

Stealth Moose
Tbh, Mercs has always drawn more replayability than story mode in any RE since 3. Even the dual shock RE 2 super stupid find bombs mode was better than the story after the second or third time of running through it.

-Pr-
Oh, Mercenaries. Honestly, I can't stand that mode. It does offer replayability though, that's true.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I didn't really see how 6 had much replayability. I only beat it twice for the Professional achievement, but after that and finding all of the collectibles and whatnot, there wasn't much to do after that unless I'm mistaken. Mercenaries was always fun though, I enjoyed that in 5 and 6.
No, you're right. Well, unless maybe you count the No Hope difficulty that puts Professional to shame, but that was mainly there for those who welcome that kind of challenge and was optional. But yeah, as far as fun replayability, mercs will always be one of the saving graces of an RE game. Same with some of the multiplayer DLC's to an extent (not all of them, but some), like the Ustanak mode.

Stealth Moose
Oh, Mercenaries. Honestly, I can't stand that mode. It does offer replayability though, that's true.

Mebbe u no good at it bro.

U MAD?

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
No, you're right. Well, unless maybe you count the No Hope difficulty that puts Professional to shame, but that was mainly there for those who welcome that kind of challenge and was optional. But yeah, as far as fun replayability, mercs will always be one of the saving graces of an RE game. Same with some of the multiplayer DLC's to an extent (not all of them, but some), like the Ustanak mode.

thumb up

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Disinterest, but you can call it crappiness if that makes you happy.

The Renegade
I mean, I obviously appreciated what the first installments did for the genre and how they scared me when I was younger but I cannot go back and play these games. I've tried but these are DATED games, by almost every sense of the word.

I mean, the voice acting in one alone just drains the suspense right out of it. The remake isn't so bad but RE1 (original) also lacks atmosphere. I felt like RE2 made up for that in so many ways, even though it's voice acting is kind of sh*t as well.

I mean, I even have trouble going back to RE2. There's a lot of moments in those two games that startle me and have me jump but genuinely scaring me? I mean, not so much. Again, I think RE2 is greater in this regard as well. (I mean, your first encounter with Mr. X? Come on, who didn't soil themselves?)

However, these games don't have the dynamic storytelling that the later installments have. There's no moment where a completely triumphant Wesker is whipping around a room, skillfully smashing Chris and Jill until Jill makes the ultimate sacrifice to "win" the rumble. NOTHING like that happened. Sure, there were moments but the narration was lacking, compared to the newer games.

RE6 had scary moments too but was more of a complete game. I was nervous as Leon when Tall Oaks essentially became Raccoon City 2.0 because it took me back. However, later on, waking up in the lab, scrambling to reunite Jack and Sherry as BOWs hunt you down was also terrifying but just different.

Some people weren't scared but I was. I find a lot of the hate, and this is anecdotal, has to do with people's nostalgia and the fact that they were younger so were not desensitized or as likely to be scared by these games, (I'm lucky enough that games like this still scared the living daylights out of me.) which ends up translating to the newer ones being "average," "not as good," or "not feeling like an RE game."

I have never felt that. It's not a common perspective and some people may not understand but I've never picked up an RE title, especially an entry into the primary series, and felt it wasn't a "true" RE game. I felt that and I realize that it had to be different. I'm sorry but I would have been bored to tears if I was wandering in a mansion again with similar controls (The controls are also what made the initial installments scary. It added to it) or anywhere else with T-Virus zombies.

Also, it made sense for these viruses to have counterparts/evolve/be different. Look at the giant nefarious company behind the development of this virus and their containment issues/f*ck ups. It makes sense it happened again and with many of their other viruses. It makes sense that a company with similar interests (Tricell) continued Umbrella's work.

I don't know. RE5 did well enough critically but I feel like RE6 got it bad and unfairly. I loved it and definitely thought it "felt" like Resident Evil. That's just me.

Stealth Moose
laughing out loud

Disinterest, but you can call it crappiness if that makes you happy.

Concession accepted.

Wei Phoenix
I found Jake to be a decent character, wasn't the best, wasn't even the best new character introduced. He wasn't as bad as people make him sound, I believe Piers was the best new character and I think Capcom messed up by killing him off. I was so excited at the thought of him taking the reigns and leading his own squad in the BSAA. I was sure that Chris would've been back in future installments even if he did retire so I don't understand why he had to get killed off.

The Renegade
I found Jake to be a decent character, wasn't the best, wasn't even the best new character introduced. He wasn't as bad as people make him sound, I believe Piers was the best new character and I think Capcom messed up by killing him off. I was so excited at the thought of him taking the reigns and leading his own squad in the BSAA. I was sure that Chris would've been back in future installments even if he did retire so I don't understand why he had to get killed off.

Oh God, I disagree so much. I couldn't stand Piers. My favorite semi-new introduction was Sherry definitely. I thought Jake was the coolest cat. Definitely.

Wei Phoenix
Oh God, I disagree so much. I couldn't stand Piers. My favorite semi-new introduction was Sherry definitely. I thought Jake was the coolest cat. Definitely.
Ok

-Pr-
Concession accepted.

lol, I can see this is important to you.

I mean, I obviously appreciated what the first installments did for the genre and how they scared me when I was younger but I cannot go back and play these games. I've tried but these are DATED games, by almost every sense of the word.

I mean, the voice acting in one alone just drains the suspense right out of it. The remake isn't so bad but RE1 (original) also lacks atmosphere. I felt like RE2 made up for that in so many ways, even though it's voice acting is kind of sh*t as well.

I mean, I even have trouble going back to RE2. There's a lot of moments in those two games that startle me and have me jump but genuinely scaring me? I mean, not so much. Again, I think RE2 is greater in this regard as well. (I mean, your first encounter with Mr. X? Come on, who didn't soil themselves?)

However, these games don't have the dynamic storytelling that the later installments have. There's no moment where a completely triumphant Wesker is whipping around a room, skillfully smashing Chris and Jill until Jill makes the ultimate sacrifice to "win" the rumble. NOTHING like that happened. Sure, there were moments but the narration was lacking, compared to the newer games.

RE6 had scary moments too but was more of a complete game. I was nervous as Leon when Tall Oaks essentially became Raccoon City 2.0 because it took me back. However, later on, waking up in the lab, scrambling to reunite Jack and Sherry as BOWs hunt you down was also terrifying but just different.

Some people weren't scared but I was. I find a lot of the hate, and this is anecdotal, has to do with people's nostalgia and the fact that they were younger so were not desensitized or as likely to be scared by these games, (I'm lucky enough that games like this still scared the living daylights out of me.) which ends up translating to the newer ones being "average," "not as good," or "not feeling like an RE game."

I have never felt that. It's not a common perspective and some people may not understand but I've never picked up an RE title, especially an entry into the primary series, and felt it wasn't a "true" RE game. I felt that and I realize that it had to be different. I'm sorry but I would have been bored to tears if I was wandering in a mansion again with similar controls (The controls are also what made the initial installments scary. It added to it) or anywhere else with T-Virus zombies.

Also, it made sense for these viruses to have counterparts/evolve/be different. Look at the giant nefarious company behind the development of this virus and their containment issues/f*ck ups. It makes sense it happened again and with many of their other viruses. It makes sense that a company with similar interests (Tricell) continued Umbrella's work.

I don't know. RE5 did well enough critically but I feel like RE6 got it bad and unfairly. I loved it and definitely thought it "felt" like Resident Evil. That's just me.

That's fair enough; I think we just get different things out of the games in the series.

Smasandian
I will say that I was more freaked out in RE4 then I was in previous RE games. It was the pending dread of the chainsaw guy chasing me through the village, or El Gigante slowly moving towards me while I kick that door down. That's why RE4 was so damn intense for me because not one time did I feel comfortable.

I miss that in RE5 and RE6 and the previous versions.

-Pr-
You didn't feel it in 2 or 3 with the tyrant or nemesis?

Stealth Moose
T-103 and Nemesis made me shit bricks.

-Pr-
Same. They were excellently done.

Smasandian
You didn't feel it in 2 or 3 with the tyrant or nemesis?

I never played three (didn't have a PS1)

I only played 2 and while I was scared, it was the controls and dying that did it for me. In RE4, where the controls are much better, I was constantly freaked out.

I just replayed it and I got the same feeling as before. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get that if I replayed 2. I'm much more desensitized when games try to do horror. A game like Outcast would of freaked the **** out of me if I played it in high school (when I played 2), but I wasn't nearly as a scared than I thought I would be.

Anyways, I hope RE7 goes back to RE4 and what made that game so awesome. I hope they do not go further back because I don't want to play some isometric, shitty ass control trying to be scary type of RE.

-Pr-
I never played three (didn't have a PS1)

I only played 2 and while I was scared, it was the controls and dying that did it for me. In RE4, where the controls are much better, I was constantly freaked out.

I just replayed it and I got the same feeling as before. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get that if I replayed 2. I'm much more desensitized when games try to do horror. A game like Outcast would of freaked the **** out of me if I played it in high school (when I played 2), but I wasn't nearly as a scared than I thought I would be.

Anyways, I hope RE7 goes back to RE4 and what made that game so awesome. I hope they do not go further back because I don't want to play some isometric, shitty ass control trying to be scary type of RE.

I know the feeling of being desensitized, sadly. sad

Honestly, I hope it goes back to the first three in terms of tone and atmosphere; it can have all of the good controls it likes, but those were the sweet spot for me.

Stoic
T-103 and Nemesis made me shit bricks.

Yeah me too ha ha. It was so bad that I turned it off, and sold the game. Real talk, I was so scared, that I almost soiled my pants laughing out loud whoo ha ha ha ha........... I was sore afraid.

The Renegade
Yeah, Nemesis was pretty scary.

Ridley_Prime
Couldn't agree more on Piers. Can agree on Jake as well; he was alright. Nothing too horrible, but wasn't that great either.

Much as I hate to admit it though, Piers' death did make the ending of Chris's campaign that much more powerful. Like hands down proved to be the best finale out of 6's campaigns because of the way it all ended, with the ending of Jake's coming in close 2nd. All IMO of course.

Maybe I'm just used to these kind of cliches, but the moment Chris told Piers he was gonna retire, I figured one of them would die in the end but just wasn't sure whom, because that's how things like that usually turn out, for the dramatic effect. Makes it even more sad for Chris though; just when he thought he would respectfully retire after having his fair share of fighting bioterrorism, only to find out that for some people the battle never ends.

Still though, yeah. He and Leon could both use a break now for this next main game. Whether Jake or Sherry are back or not, I agree with others they should have some of the other characters they haven't used in awhile make a grand return. That's about the only thing there is to speculate or straw grasp as to what they could/should do for an RE7, before we see a trailer. erm

Lek Kuen
I found Jake to be a decent character

And here we have on-panel proof that Wei has no taste

Ridley_Prime
uhuh

If he hadn't said what he said about Piers, then I'd might agree. lol

The Renegade
Piers was awful. I don't understand the love he gets. Jake could be obnoxious but at least he had spunk. Piers made me want to rip my balls off.

-Pr-
Jake and Piers were both kinda meh, to me.

Still not as bad as what they did with Ada though. ****. That.

Lek Kuen

Remember when you were trying to tell me the game would be just fine and you would enjoy the new direction? wink

Ridley_Prime

For a game's story that was supposed to be more Ada-centric (with her evil doppelganger and all), she herself came off surprisingly underwhelming for some reason. Usually my favorite female of the series, but there was something about her in 6 that was just... meh.

Renegade, maybe so I can understand more, humor me as to what was so awful about Piers. For the kind of soldier he was, he did perfectly fine in getting Chris back in shape and trying to keep him in line.

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Remember when you were trying to tell me the game would be just fine and you would enjoy the new direction? wink
lol Well with 6 not having the same director as 5, can't blame him for having some hope for it beforehand/giving it the benefit of a doubt. Sadly though, RE5 being the only hiccup turned out too good to be true. 5 was a happy accident more than anything which they tried to replicate its success with 6, and is (unfortunately) still the most profitable game in the series sales-wise.

The Renegade

Renegade, maybe so I can understand more, humor me as to what was so awful about Piers. For the kind of soldier he was, he did perfectly fine in getting Chris back in shape and trying to keep him in line.

He seems so expendable. Like, Chris could have done that himself or taken pills, maybe. Piers character could have been replaced by pills. Nah, that's a minor issue. The biggest problem is how generic he is. He's the typical rookie soldier who feels more like a f*cking red shirt than anything else. He has no memorable dialogue and isn't that great.

What he did for Chris was great but he's so replaceable, as a character. Like I said, Jake could be an obnoxious ass but he was slick. He also carried importance. With Piers, I didn't get that vibe.

Him and Helena are my two least favorite, honestly. Although, I didn't mind Helena in the later portion of the Leon/Helena campaign. Her crazed sister was a cool entry into the plot as well, I thought.

I might like him a bit better if I give the game another go (I did beat it twice but not all that recently) but I don't think my position will alter drastically.

Arachnid1

Still not as bad as what they did with Ada though. ****. That. Agreed on this. Piers was meh. I absolutely hated Jake though. He did not live up to Wesker, and was not a worthy partner for someone as awesome as Sherry (who grew into a great new character).

Ada was pretty horrible too. I didn't like her new look either. She was drop dead gorgeous in 4 though.

Stealth Moose
Does anyone here like Gun Survivor?

Just saying, because that was IMO the worst RE game ever made that came in color.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Lek Kuen

Hey, even I wasn't that bad... Was I?

For a game's story that was supposed to be more Ada-centric (with her evil doppelganger and all), she herself came off surprisingly underwhelming for some reason. Usually my favorite female of the series, but there was something about her in 6 that was just... meh.

lol Well with 6 not having the same director as 5, can't blame him for having some hope for it beforehand/giving it the benefit of a doubt. Sadly though, RE5 being the only hiccup turned out too good to be true. 5 was a happy accident more than anything which they tried to replicate its success with 6, and is (unfortunately) still the most profitable game in the series sales-wise.

I hated both the plot and the execution of it. Leon and Ada was something I wanted to see work out in the end, but ****ing Capcom...

Agreed on this. Piers was meh. I absolutely hated Jake though. He did not live up to Wesker, and was not a worthy partner for someone as awesome as Sherry (who grew into a great new character).

Ada was pretty horrible too. I didn't like her new look either. She was drop dead gorgeous in 4 though.

I didn't think much of Sherry either, but that's me.

Just saying, because that was IMO the worst RE game ever made that came in color.

laughing out loud It was pretty bad.

The Renegade
He did not live up to Wesker

Was he supposed to, though?

Kazenji

I remember seeing stuff for Dead Aim Suppose to have been the best game in those Survivors series.

Stealth Moose
I remember seeing stuff for Dead Aim Suppose to have been the best game in those Survivors series.

Dead Aim, from what I've been told, was good. I never got a copy though, because while I like gun games and I like RE, I've not seen them mix well. Gun Survivor, with its pulled lightgun support and shoddy graphics and story, was horribad. Gun Survivor 2 was just a what-if CV tie-in.

Arachnid1
Was he supposed to, though? With how often they played up the Son of Wesker aspect, yes, somewhat. They even made him a hand to hand super powered monster that rocked Ustanak in a fist fight. He was a significantly weaker and dumber Wesker.

Stealth Moose
If you thought melee fighting Ustanek, after all that shit, was unfun, you are dead inside.

Ridley_Prime
I hated both the plot and the execution of it. Leon and Ada was something I wanted to see work out in the end, but ****ing Capcom...
Yeah... erm

Didn't really like her new look much either as someone else said. Was a step back compared to her design/appearance in RE4 and the like.

@ Renegade: Ah. See where you're coming from a little more now, but guess I'll just have to agree to disagree. Piers to me definitely had some memorable lines, and the expendable/replaceable bit can easily be said for some others in the series too, to be fair. lol And honestly Jake was much more of a generic character/stereotype to me than Piers was. Being Wesker's son doesn't give him a free pass far as that.

If you thought melee fighting Ustanek, after all that shit, was unfun, you are dead inside.
thumb up

Am not much a Jake fan either, but can at least see why others like him. He's at least likable as opposed to Simmons or someone.

And with Jake's current age and experience, of course he wasn't gonna live up to Wesker just yet. I didn't mind him being (in essence) a toned down Wesker though, with how much a gary stu he already seemed as it is.

The Renegade
With how often they played up the Son of Wesker aspect, yes, somewhat. They even made him a hand to hand super powered monster that rocked Ustanak in a fist fight. He was a significantly weaker and dumber Wesker.

He was weaker and less intelligent so perhaps that not who he was supposed to be. I don't think there was any implication that he was supposed to explicitly be Wesker 2.0 so I'm not on that boat with you.

Arachnid1
If you thought melee fighting Ustanek, after all that shit, was unfun, you are dead inside. Its not that it wasn't fun, it just didn't belong in an RE game. I play RE to be scared shitless, not have an epic melee battle with Nemesis 2.0. That didn't belong there at all.

Where did Jake even get powers? I'm pretty sure his dad didn't have it till after the injection, so Wesker definitely reproduced while he was normal. Everything about Jake just messed with me. I hope he is significantly changed if they bring him back in the future.

Stealth Moose
Its not that it wasn't fun, it just didn't belong in an RE game. I play RE to be scared shitless, not have an epic melee battle with Nemesis 2.0. That didn't belong there at all.

Where did Jake even get powers? I'm pretty sure his dad didn't have it till after the injection, so Wesker definitely reproduced while he was normal. Everything about Jake just messed with me. I hope he is significantly changed if they bring him back in the future.

Wesker was a test subject since infancy.

Arachnid1
Wesker was a test subject since infancy. The purpose of that was to make a super intelligent being, which they succeeded in. It didn't give Wesker any kind of hand to hand capabilities or super strength, so where did Jake get it? And why was he your typical run-of-the-mill retard henchmen/merc? It doesn't fit.

-Pr-
Yeah... erm

Didn't really like her new look much either as someone else said. Was a step back compared to her design/appearance in RE4 and the like.

@ Renegade: Ah. See where you're coming from a little more now, but guess I'll just have to agree to disagree. Piers to me definitely had some memorable lines, and the expendable/replaceable bit can easily be said for some others in the series too, to be fair. lol And honestly Jake was much more of a generic character/stereotype to me than Piers was. Being Wesker's son doesn't give him a free pass far as that.

thumb up

Am not much a Jake fan either, but can at least see why others like him. He's at least likable as opposed to Simmons or someone.

And with Jake's current age and experience, of course he wasn't gonna live up to Wesker just yet. I didn't mind him being (in essence) a toned down Wesker though, with how much a gary stu he already seemed as it is.

Yeah. I mean, I didn't like a lot of the changes they made, but I could live with them. Just not that...

Ridley_Prime
He was weaker and less intelligent so perhaps that not who he was supposed to be. I don't think there was any implication that he was supposed to explicitly be Wesker 2.0 so I'm not on that boat with you.
Yeah, same here.

I'm pretty sure his dad didn't have it till after the injection, so Wesker definitely reproduced while he was normal.
And you know that for sure, how?

The purpose of that was to make a super intelligent being, which they succeeded in. It didn't give Wesker any kind of hand to hand capabilities or super strength, so where did Jake get it? And why was he your typical run-of-the-mill retard henchmen/merc? It doesn't fit.
He became a merc so he would have the money to take care of himself and his mom as he pretty much grew up homeless (not like Wesker gave his son trust funds or anything). How does that not fit?

KCJ506
If the gameplay is more like Revelations, I'm all for this. If it's more like RE6, then I won't be in such a hurry to play this.

I'd also like Jill, Claire, and maybe Rebecca to return as main characters. I'm sick of Chris and Leon right now. The former has been in three main RE games in a row now.

Ridley_Prime
It's still hard to see Jill getting redeemed after 5, but other than that yeah.

The Renegade
Originally posted by KCJ506
If the gameplay is more like Revelations, I'm all for this. If it's more like RE6, then I won't be in such a hurry to play this.

I'd also like Jill, Claire, and maybe Rebecca to return as main characters. I'm sick of Chris and Leon right now. The former has been in three main RE games in a row now.

Not me. I don't really care for having Jill be a main again. She's appeared as much as Leon has. I mean, she's been a playable main in three games at this point.

I'd like Claire, Rebecca, Billy Coen, and perhaps Sherry.

Zack Fair
Chris has started in the most games lol. Don't know what else they can do with his char.

Stealth Moose
They can kill him off or retire him. Jill and Chris are pushing forty, which in Japan is when they start measuring you for a coffin.

The Renegade
They can kill him off or retire him. Jill and Chris are pushing forty, which in Japan is when they start measuring you for a coffin.

Pushing? Man, Chris and Jill are already forty one and forty years old, respectively.

Leon is getting up there too, at thirty seven.

If I know how RE treats it's main characters, it seems to have a fear of killing any off, especially the playable ones. I'm not asking for Robert Kirkman levels of character disposal but come on. I know they're highly trained but tell me these people won't die of a stroke in a rocking chair.

-Pr-
I imagine they'll reboot before that happens, tbh.

Stealth Moose
I'd want closure on existing character arcs before reboot.

-Pr-
I would too, but I'm honestly not sure I trust the writers after what happened with Ada.

Went from being one of my favourite characters to... Well... Yeah.

Stealth Moose
Eh? I didn't have an issue with how Ada was presented.

The Renegade
The only thing I didn't really like was her clothing. It wasn't worse than Carla's clothing though.

My thoughts on the latter's clothing:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/9CldALP.gif

Smasandian
I wouldn't mind if they completely reboot the series and re-do the convoluted timeline/story.

I think that's the only way they go back to the roots of the series (but please, let's not bring back the crappy controls).

Arachnid1
And you know that for sure, how? Because we SAW how Wesker got his powers. He got it after he was killed by the Tyrant in RE1, and it was a result of pumping himself full of viruses/experimentation. We didn't see super powered Wesker until CV. Jake was born before those games, if they want his age to fit in any way. Therefore, Wesker reproduced before he became Neo.

Because he somehow got Weskers hand to hand capabilities despite the fact that he was made before Wesker got that in his blood, but didn't inherit the Intelligence which Wesker was breeded for in the first place. How does that make sense at all?

Wei Phoenix
Because we SAW how Wesker got his powers. He got it after he was killed by the Tyrant in RE1, and it was a result of pumping himself full of viruses/experimentation. We didn't see super powered Wesker until CV. Jake was born before those games, if they want his age to fit in any way. Therefore, Wesker reproduced before he became Neo.

Because he somehow got Weskers hand to hand capabilities despite the fact that he was made before Wesker got that in his blood, but didn't inherit the Intelligence which Wesker was breeded for in the first place. How does that make sense at all?

Where does it state that he inherited his h2h abilities? How do you inherit h2h skills from your parent in the first place? He could've inherited the capacity and potential to learn, just never was able to use it.

Stealth Moose
Wesker had the unique power to adapt to and mould viruses which attacked him, which is why the Sekrit Plot Virus worked well in him but killed most of the Wesker children.

Jake just injected himself with the C-virus in the intro scene, so he's got a very potent virus melding with his DNA throughout the course of the game.

Wei Phoenix
Wesker had the unique power to adapt to and mould viruses which attacked him, which is why the Sekrit Plot Virus worked well in him but killed most of the Wesker children.

Jake just injected himself with the C-virus in the intro scene, so he's got a very potent virus melding with his DNA throughout the course of the game.

Wasn't he immune to the virus though, hence the reason why they wanted his blood?

Stealth Moose
No, they used his blood to make the virus more powerful actually. The strain taken by Carla for example is based on the six months of testing they did on him. The same way Wesker used Jill's antibodies to ramp up his BOWs.

Because B movie science.

-Pr-
Eh? I didn't have an issue with how Ada was presented.

I'm one of "those" people that wanted her and Leon to live happily ever after. Or at the very least, to let their relationship progress somewhere decent.

Stealth Moose
One does not simply go from dating Catwoman to marrying her.

But it's at least further solidified they're made for each other.

Wei Phoenix
No, they used his blood to make the virus more powerful actually. The strain taken by Carla for example is based on the six months of testing they did on him. The same way Wesker used Jill's antibodies to ramp up his BOWs.

Because B movie science.

I could've sworn Sherry made a deal with him and the government to pay him money for a sample of his blood.

Kazenji
I wouldn't mind if they completely reboot the series and re-do the convoluted timeline/story.

Convoluted because you don't understand it?

Smasandian
Partly, also because it's ****ing dumb. It was made up on the fly and you can easily tell.

Reboot with a new series and direction and a storyline that was thought through.

The Renegade
Partly, also because it's ****ing dumb. It was made up on the fly and you can easily tell.

Well, as long as you have a reasonable and well thought out explanation, like these two sentences here, I'd have to concur! This series is f*cking trash! Reboot it, for the love of Christ!

Do better, Smasandian.

Stealth Moose
I could've sworn Sherry made a deal with him and the government to pay him money for a sample of his blood.

She did.

See, the thing is Wesker figured out how to use Jill's antibodies of the T virus to make Ouroboros more viable. Otherwise it consumed its host.

Jake has antibodies as well. A cure could be rather simply synthesized from his blood. Carla manipulates those antibodies to alter the C-Virus, which already has traits of the T-Veronica strain (mook control, spontaneous combustion) and the G-Virus (more rapid mutation than thr T-Virus; insane regen).

Given that we suspend disbelief when we accept scientific possibilities like Tyrant, zombie dogs, big plants, sharks from hell, and Willy Birkin, nitpicking Jake's backstory seems kinda silly.

Given that he didn't play the series from the beginning, his complaint seems shallow.

-Pr-

It can be convoluted, which it is imo, and still be understandable. They're not mutually exclusive.

Stealth Moose
It can be convoluted, which it is imo, and still be understandable. They're not mutually exclusive.

thumb up

More reasons to like Ireland, besides the freckled babes and the perpetual rain/fog.

-Pr-
thumb up

More reasons to like Ireland, besides the freckled babes and the perpetual rain/fog.

laughing out loud

Stealth Moose
I would say Guinness, but it has a profound depression effect on me, which most beers don't.

-Pr-
I would say Guinness, but it has a profound depression effect on me, which most beers don't.

Might be because you keep calling it a beer. sneer

Though I will admit, nobody likes Guinness at first. Anyone who says they do, is a liar imo.

Stealth Moose
FAIR ENUFF.

The Renegade
Might be because you keep calling it a beer. sneer

Though I will admit, nobody likes Guinness at first. Anyone who says they do, is a liar imo.

I call Guinness a f*cking sandwich.

I was fascinated with it when I was younger. I don't generally like beer but dry stouts are low on that list.

Stealth Moose
I prefer German beers. They have a brewery/restaurant right up the street. I splurge there perhaps 1-2 times a month if that.

For American, Sam Adams and Leinenkugel is legit. St. Pauli Girl's, even though it's a gimmick, is solid as well.

Arachnid1
Where does it state that he inherited his h2h abilities? How do you inherit h2h skills from your parent in the first place? He could've inherited the capacity and potential to learn, just never was able to use it. Not his skills, his abilities. There is a bit of a difference there.

And hopefully he did for the second part. He needs to develop beyond the merc.

Ridley_Prime
Not that I care that much now with everything else we're getting, but RE7 wasn't exactly shown at E3 like the link in the original post said it would, so what gives?

Arachnid1
"According to an article on the website of the prominent Japanese Economic newspaper Sankei Shimbun, Resident Evil 7 is set to be revealed at this year's E3."'

Either Sankei Shimbun has a dickhead publisher or they changed their minds. :/

Nemesis X
No RE7 at E3, huh? There's only one explanation Capcom would bail. Their former employee, Shinji Mikami, must've scared 'em off with his Evil Within game. Bet now they regret making him quit.

-Pr-
With all the flip-flopping Capcom has been doing over where to take RE next, I'm not surprised they didn't show.

Smasandian
Or they have nothing to show......it's probably still in early development.

-Pr-
True, but I would have thought they'd have at least announced a name or something.

Smasandian
Maybe.

But it seems that companies don't release anything until they got something to show.

swarner11
Good game

Kazenji
The Resident Evil remake that was released on the Gamecube is getting released on the PS4 in HD

2CpX9vkXsk0

Ridley_Prime
.. Whoopdy doo?

Smasandian
I would buy all the RE games in a heartbeat if they fixed the controls and updated the graphics.

Zack Fair
The Resident Evil remake that was released on the Gamecube is getting released on the PS4 in HD

2CpX9vkXsk0 Sigh.

**** you Capcom.

Remake RE2 damn it. Take notes from Last of Us while you are at it.

Nemesis X

2CpX9vkXsk0

There goes Nintendo losing another exclusive. Would've hoped to see it rereleased on the Wii U. I can see the inventory menu coinciding well with the console's tablet controller.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Nemesis X
There goes Nintendo losing another exclusive. Would've hoped to see it rereleased on the Wii U. I can see the inventory menu coinciding well with the console's tablet controller. When was it Nintendo exclusive? I mean as far as the Wii-U is concerned.

Wii-U has a pretty decent lineup. I think I might get one instead of the Bone. That is if I manage to hold off that damned Master Chief Hype.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Zack Fair
When was it Nintendo exclusive? I mean as far as the Wii-U is concerned.

Before, it was only on the Gamecube and Wii system.

Smasandian
I guess. I wouldn't consider a remastering of a remake of a PS1 game an exclusive....(wow, that sound very strange)....

Strangely enough, I would mind seeing some of the great franchises remake their older games. I would love the play the MGS series if they remade it with much better controls. Or a Valve developed remake of Half Life....would be awesome. (yes I know Black Mesa mod exists)

ArtificialGlory
REmake coming to the PC at long last? Now that's a pleasant surprise.

FinalAnswer
Hopefully this could spark some interest in classic-style Resident Evil games.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>