Would you break the rule of Two?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
You're the most powerful in the dark side of the Banite sith. You're middle aged and have mastered all of the techniques/powers, lightsaber forms, and abilities that you learned from your master. But you feel that in your age, you couldn't possibly teach all of your knowledge to one pupil. Knowing that you've reached the apex of Bane's line, do you keep in the tradition of your predecessors or would you take two pupils to maximize the skills of the Sith traditions?

How would you prevent your students from trying to kill you? And what characteristics would you look for in your students?

Stealth Moose
It's not a Sith gay harem without 2+ guys.

Nephthys
If I'm really the apex of Banes line I'd try to take over the galaxy and kill the Jedi.

I'd have one powerful apprentice who I would train to be as powerful in raw combat as I could. He would help me fight the Jedi. Then I'd have the second, less powerful apprentice who I'd teach as much knowledge as I could, to carry on the knowledge to the next in line. He would always stay hidden to insure the Sith survive. This way the two would have no incentive to team up or try to kill each other. If they teamed up to kill me, the more powerful one would just kill the lesser one and dominate. So the lesser has no reason to help him. But the more powerful one couldn't kill him without losing all that sweet knowledge and screwing over the Order.

Also this way theres little chance of them killing each other through in-fighting, since one is just clearly superior in combat.

Intrepid37
I don't like anything by bad authors, so yeah.

Fated Xtasy
Yes, but only if my old apprentice had become foolish, arrogant and a ignorant leader, who wanted the sole destruction of the republic, I would secretly take in another apprentice and teach him/her everything I could, from my old apprentice's weakness to light sided techniques, I would want my apprentice to see the contrast of the dark side and the light side and eventually see the gray/balance/unification of the force. I would be an unorthodox Sith Lord, a Balance between Sith and Jedi

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Yes, but only if my old apprentice had become foolish, arrogant and a ignorant leader, who wanted the sole destruction of the republic, I would secretly take in another apprentice and teach him/her everything I could, from my old apprentice's weakness to light sided techniques, I would want my apprentice to see the contrast of the dark side and the light side and eventually see the gray/balance/unification of the force. I would be an unorthodox Sith Lord, a Balance between Sith and Jedi
So... Darth Gravid?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
So... Darth Gravid?
More like a non-force hating kreia, who studies all aspects of the force

The Merchant
Kind of. I would take an apprentice, however I would give up my title as Dark lord of the Sithto my apprentice, telling them to do whatever they please with the order. To me the Sith will merely be tools to achieve ultimate power. I will also make sure not to make them too powerful, and I will try and have a more friendly approach to my apprentice, to have good relations with them. I will then do my own thing, gathering other Dark side knowledge and then create a new order of Dark-siders, one that will surpass even the might of Sith.

PTforthewin
Id create a new sith order and hide out some there in the yuzzhan vong galaxy and rebuild the sith empire and then attack the republic sometime during the dark jedi conflict

Nephthys
Of course, we're all speaking from a non-Sith viewpoint. Sith would never act like us because we're not power-hunger, emotional-unstable psychopaths addicted to literal evil energy.

Emperordmb
I feel like you're generalizing about the Sith.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
Of course, we're all speaking from a non-Sith viewpoint. Sith would never act like us because we're not power-hunger, emotional-unstable psychopaths addicted to literal evil energy.

The Dark Lord Kreia never exhibited these traits, does that mean she's not sith?(genuine question, no sarcasm)

PTforthewin
The sith are physcopaths and the jedi are sociopaths

Nephthys
Kreia was still a bitter, twisted, hateful old woman who was capable of great cruelty. Remember, she did train Nihilus and Sion despite how evil and insanely dangerous those two are.

Its only after her fall that she wised up, and she was still a bitter, twisted, hateful old woman even then.

Q99
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

Two apprentices is risky- two people aiming to kill you, especially if one is a fool but not necessarily weak.

Why not just kill the fool before taking the second?

If I'm really the apex of Banes line I'd try to take over the galaxy and kill the Jedi.

I'd have one powerful apprentice who I would train to be as powerful in raw combat as I could. He would help me fight the Jedi. Then I'd have the second, less powerful apprentice who I'd teach as much knowledge as I could, to carry on the knowledge to the next in line. He would always stay hidden to insure the Sith survive. This way the two would have no incentive to team up or try to kill each other. If they teamed up to kill me, the more powerful one would just kill the lesser one and dominate. So the lesser has no reason to help him. But the more powerful one couldn't kill him without losing all that sweet knowledge and screwing over the Order.

Also this way theres little chance of them killing each other through in-fighting, since one is just clearly superior in combat.

Isn't that specifically the situation Bane worries about?

The stronger takes the weaker as an apprentice and both kill you, even though individually neither could.

Originally posted by The Merchant
Kind of. I would take an apprentice, however I would give up my title as Dark lord of the Sithto my apprentice, telling them to do whatever they please with the order. To me the Sith will merely be tools to achieve ultimate power. I will also make sure not to make them too powerful, and I will try and have a more friendly approach to my apprentice, to have good relations with them. I will then do my own thing, gathering other Dark side knowledge and then create a new order of Dark-siders, one that will surpass even the might of Sith.

If you're teaching them the darkside *and* being friendly, there's more a chance they'll take it as weakness.

Perhaps emphasize loyalty, but not so much 'friend.'

Hiding out and making a new order is something of a Rule of One thing.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Q99
Isn't that specifically the situation Bane worries about?

The stronger takes the weaker as an apprentice and both kill you, even though individually neither could.

The weaker one wouldn't have the Force potential to be a true successor. And if I'm such a bamf as the OP makes me out as, I'd handle him/her easily in a fight.

Q99
The weaker one wouldn't have the Force potential to be a true successor. And if I'm such a bamf as the OP makes me out as, I'd handle him/her easily in a fight.

Not a true successor, but only needs to be strong enough to help the stronger take you two-on-one.

Nephthys
Why would he do that, its death sentence. As soon as I die the stronger one would rape him on the spot.

Syndicate
I would rule eternally.

Darth Abonis
I would have two apprentices. I'd always pit them against each other and make them rivals. They'd always train hard to outdo each other annd it would take the focus off of killing me.

Lord Lucien
I would break it, making myself sole Sith. F*ck sharing power and handing it down to some ungrateful next generation. I want all of it.

PTforthewin
I'll just then to the jedi and destroy the rule of two

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.