You vs DOS Doomsday (Read on)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
OK if Scientists around the world worked on a Super Soldier Serum, that was concocted to make you 1000 times stronger than a Dung Beetle of human proportions, would you be able to beat DOS Doomsday? If so what character would be very difficult for you to defeat?

Here's what real world science has said about these insects.

Australia found that the strongest of these beetles could pull 1,141
times its own body weight. That's equivalent to a person lifting close to 180,000 pounds (the same as six full double-decker buses).

Would anyone be able to stop you if you were 1000 times stronger in all ways than the strongest Dung Beetle?

Reflassshh
When you do the math is not as impressive as it sounds, i don't think it's enough to beat doomsday erm

Lek Kuen
So basically 90,000 tons? We have real life ships that can carry that, let alone guys like doomsday and superman.

h1a8
Even if strength was sufficient then speed would be the biggest problem. DD could blitz before you can ever hit him.

But 90,000 tons is not enough.

Magic Joe
Yeah, you would need more than just strength.

Rao Kal El
In order for me to defeat Dos Doomsday, I will need to be able to output a greater power lever that will laid waste to 1/5 of the planet (roughly the size of Asia)

That was how much power was required by Radiant to defeat Dos Doomsday, superman had to somehow make Dos Doomsday energy reserves to get depleted, in order for him to kill him.

Will I be able to do that with a strength comparable to that of a dung beattle?

The short answer is.... HELL NO! big grin

BTW HP DD shrug that same attack as if it was nothing.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Stoic
OK if Scientists around the world worked on a Super Soldier Serum, that was concocted to make you 1000 times stronger than a Dung Beetle of human proportions, would you be able to beat DOS Doomsday? If so what character would be very difficult for you to defeat?

Here's what real world science has said about these insects.

times its own body weight. That's equivalent to a person lifting close to 180,000 pounds (the same as six full double-decker buses).

Would anyone be able to stop you if you were 1000 times stronger in all ways than the strongest Dung Beetle? No, you won't even get close.

Rao Kal El
I think with this strength I could defeat a lot of characters in the MU and DCU

But not the top dogs of the companies.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
I think with this strength I could defeat a lot of characters in the MU and DCU

But not the top dogs of the companies.

You could beat a lot of people with simply 100 tons, most heroes are around tank level or below. But anyone around Namor and up this dung beetle x 1000 stuff is just whatever

guy222
I win I win

h1a8
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
You could beat a lot of people with simply 100 tons, most heroes are around tank level or below. But anyone around Namor and up this dung beetle x 1000 stuff is just whatever On average everyday portrayals, I THINK Namor operates somewhere between 100-500 tons, classic Savage Hulk between 300-600 tons, Professor Hulk around 500-800 tons, Byrne Superman (holding back) is between 500-1,000 tons, Classic Wonder Man between 300-600 tons, and Thor between 300-500 tons.

So a 90,000 ton being would shitstomp any of these characters (equal speed) if they were operating at their average everyday portrayals. Now high end portrayals are something different though.

DOS DD was operating somewhere between 40,000 and 100,000 tons (based off him jumping 30-60 miles at a time). I have to do the calculations just to be sure.

Mindship
times its own body weight. That's equivalent to a person lifting close to 180,000 pounds First of all, "pulling" is not the same as "lifting" (especially overhead lifting). You can pull a lot more than you can lift.

Secondly, most importantly: 180,000 pounds = 90 tons. 'Nuff said.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
On average everyday portrayals, I THINK Namor operates somewhere between 100-500 tons, classic Savage Hulk between 300-600 tons, Professor Hulk around 500-800 tons, Byrne Superman (holding back) is between 500-1,000 tons, Classic Wonder Man between 300-600 tons, and Thor between 300-500 tons.

So a 90,000 ton being would shitstomp any of these characters (equal speed) if they were operating at their average everyday portrayals. Now high end portrayals are something different though.

DOS DD was operating somewhere between 40,000 and 100,000 tons (based off him jumping 30-60 miles at a time). I have to do the calculations just to be sure.

laughing

-Pr-
90,000 tons wouldn't be enough to beat DOS DD.

God Cloth Seiya
Originally posted by carver9
laughing thumb up

He doesn't no much about Thor, superman, doomsday, or wonderman smile

Hulk is spot on though evil face

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
laughing I'm going by the evidence we see in the fights. Hitting someone with millions of tons of force would either

1. Cause a lot of collateral damage
2. Knock someone almost in orbit

They way these guys fight they are not operating at 90,000 tons. Not even close.
What reason why we should believe they are?

DarkSaint85
What if they braced against the punch?

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What if they braced against the punch?

I'm referring to instances where they didn't brace.

Lek Kuen
I'm going by the evidence we see in the fights. Hitting someone with millions of tons of force would either

They way these guys fight they are not operating at 90,000 tons. Not even close.

Because their feats say so and sometimes even narration, and the enemies they fight need that kind of damage to defeat. Comics do a lot of things that don't happen in real life, given how obsessed you are with speed you should know that. The fact of the matter is option 2 would make fights boring if the characters don't have flight or high end superspeed and option one artists don't always want to draw the damage and it can be annoying to constantly explain why every city isn't vaporized. If you aren't willing to accept how the medium works, don't read it.

-Pr-
I'm going by the evidence we see in the fights. Hitting someone with millions of tons of force would either

only if their body can't absorb it.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mindship
First of all, "pulling" is not the same as "lifting" (especially overhead lifting). You can pull a lot more than you can lift.

Secondly, most importantly: 180,000 pounds = 90 tons. 'Nuff said.

I quoted that, and I also added on the 1000 times that amount if you had taken the time to read the entire post. Just kidding... Or am I?

I believe that it could be done. I think that a person having the ability to lift all of that weight would certainly be able to survive long enough to find a way to win. In real life, if you could lift that amount you would have to be super fast, and durable beyond what is portrayed in comics. Shit you could probably leap to the moon with that kind of strength. Or is it just me thinking that?

Lek Kuen
I quoted that, and I also added on the 1000 times that amount if you had taken the time to read the entire post. Just kidding... Or am I?

I believe that it could be done. I think that a person having the ability to lift all of that weight would certainly be able to survive long enough to find a way to win. In real life, if you could lift that amount you would have to be super fast, and durable beyond what is portrayed in comics. Shit you could probably leap to the moon with that kind of strength. Or is it just me thinking that?

Faster? Yes

More durable? No, as the characters you mention tend to be way more durable than anything around that level

Mindship

I believe that it could be done. I think that a person having the ability to lift all of that weight would certainly be able to survive long enough to find a way to win. In real life, if you could lift that amount you would have to be super fast, and durable beyond what is portrayed in comics. Shit you could probably leap to the moon with that kind of strength. Or is it just me thinking that? Certainly, even at 90 tons, your muscle-skeletal system (at the least) would have to have the tensile strength required to make use of the lifting strength. Otherwise you go to lift something and your arms come out of their sockets.

Faster? I'm going to commit a grave error by applying RL physiology. There are two kinds of muscle fibers: slow twitch and fast twitch, the latter being mostly responsible for speed. AFAIK, the strongest powerlifters on the planet are no where near as fast as sprinters or trained fighters, though they may be 2-5x stronger. This is because they don't train for speed.

But I can see your point. If a Batman / Punisher / plotting type used tactics in addition to his 90-ton strength...let's just say it would be an interesting, potentially intriguing fight, if written well. But the 90-tonner would really, really have his (or her) work cut out for him.

Mindship
I quoted that, and I also added on the 1000 times that amount if you had taken the time to read the entire post. *selfie facepalm*

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Mindship
Certainly, even at 90 tons, your muscle-skeletal system (at the least) would have to have the tensile strength required to make use of the lifting strength. Otherwise you go to lift something and your arms come out of their sockets.

Faster? I'm going to commit a grave error by applying RL physiology. There are two kinds of muscle fibers: slow twitch and fast twitch, the latter being mostly responsible for speed. AFAIK, the strongest powerlifters on the planet are no where near as fast as sprinters or trained fighters, though they may be 2-5x stronger. This is because they don't train for speed.

But I can see your point. If a Batman / Punisher / plotting type used tactics in addition to his 90-ton strength...let's just say it would be an interesting, potentially intriguing fight, if written well. But the 90-tonner would really, really have his (or her) work cut out for him. Aren't power lifters pretty ****ing fast though in the initial takeoff? Like 5-10 yards, but then they realize they are terribly out of shape

Mindship
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Aren't power lifters pretty ****ing fast though in the initial takeoff? Like 5-10 yards, but then they realize they are terribly out of shape I would imagine they are faster than your average joe out of the gate. That seems consistent with success in powerlifting: a single, explosive burst of power. I would also think that, say, a sprinter could out-legpress the average guy. There is some spillover effect, but it's not proportional to the increase of the main ability.

Again, though, this is round-peg RL being forced into square-hole comics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.