Darth Tyranus Respect Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Stark
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/blog/darth-tyranus-respect-thread-incomplete/97217/

Here you go folks, I'll probably keep adding to it as more feats come to my attention. Feel free to send me quotes and images if you feel they will add.

DarthAnt66
Link doesn't work, and there is already one:
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/count-dooku-darth-tyranus-respect-thread/95276/

Lord Stark
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/blog/darth-tyranus-respect-thread-incomplete/97217/

Mine has a few more accolades. And DAMN IT.

PTforthewin
One Of my favorite sith

Nephthys
I'm getting a 404 on your links, Stark.

Lord Stark
Try it now?

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/lord_stark/blog/darth-tyranus-respect-thread-incomplete/97217/

DARTH POWER
Nice. I would add that Dooku lifted all of those Orbalisks WITH CASUAL EASE.

And I'd say it's a MUST to always note that just before his defeat at the hands of Skywalker, he fought off Skywalker and Kenobi simultaneously, Casually Stomping the guy who later defeated Skywalker while flooring Skywalker himself for a good 10 seconds, thereby very almost defeating both of them before his own defeat.

Nalaniel

The Renegade
God, when I was heavily biased towards his character, I made all sorts of excuses for him losing to Anakin. He let him win, he was arrogant, the whole "amnesty" portion cut from the script, etc.

Dooku was defeated because Anakin was getting stronger and more adept with lightsaber combat. He made some sh*t decisions, especially in his battle against Obi Wan, but this is when he was relatively unfamiliar with the dark side. He let it almost completely take over him and wasn't anticipating how he'd react (E.G.: Choking his wife out).

However, with Dooku, he was aggressive but I don't think it was enough to break his focus or cause mistakes like it did against Kenobi. I think he added just enough flair and rage to give him a legitimate advantage with his evolving abilities.

Nalaniel
And it's no shame to lose against the Chosen One. ^^

DARTH POWER
Well I don't think a respect thread should get into speculating about the power of ZONE Anakin or whatever. I think it should stick to facts, and the facts are he fought off both Kenobi and Skywalker first, stomping Kenobi (who later defeated Anakin himself), and almost defeating both of them with his super flooring of Anakin.

That's just my opinion though about how we should address respect threads.

Emperordmb
Obelisks... he lifted obelisks, not orbalisks, completely different things. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen people mix up the two words.

SIDIOUS 66
Who cares about ShootingNova's already made respect thread for Dooku? I don't know where on earth he gets that Dooku was merely fighting evenly with Anakin and Obi Wan in season 6. Sure, Skywalker was holding his own a lot better than Kenobi, but was still being forced on the defensive throughout most of the duel, while Obi Wan was only surviving because of Anakin. Dooku was dominating that fight despite the usual struggle rage-mode Anakin gives him.

Nice work, M. Yoda.

DARTH POWER
I also don't like him saying Dooku does really well against Anakin "Considering Skywalker's advantage of a Much Stronger Form".

Because you know, the ultimate fencing form is so obviously no match for the KINETIC POWAH of Djem So!!! That's just such BS. I hate how people have taken a single line in the ROTS novel out of context and completely blown it out of proportion like that.

SIDIOUS 66
Perhaps ShootingNova could have worded it better (I only read through it fleetingly, so I don't remember what he said word for word), but he may have a point. It has more to do with the fact that Dooku can handle Anakin's strength along with Anakin's usage of Djem So which gives him an advantage in utilizing his strength with powerful strikes. That doesn't mean that just anyone who specializes in the same form is stronger than Dooku. Dooku handling Anakin's Djem So is actually a plus for Dooku. I think that's what Nova was trying to say, and I agree.

However, I believe any skilled swordsman should not be limited to the form they use. For example, Dooku's strikes should be just as powerful as any Djem So user provided he is equal or superior in strength.

DARTH POWER
I just think if anything it's Dooku's form that should be giving him the advantage over other forms in fencing. Kinetic energy or not, it is the only form designed specifically for fencing. And is mentioned as such in numerous sources including the AOTC Novelization.

In fact it's mentioned Ventress herself uses Dooku's form of fencing in TCW "Cloak of Darkness" and she also consistently takes on mutiple opponents (including Anakin and Obi-Wan) with one hand each.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Who cares about ShootingNova's already made respect thread for Dooku? I don't know where on earth he gets that Dooku was merely fighting evenly with Anakin and Obi Wan in season 6. Sure, Skywalker was holding his own a lot better than Kenobi, but was still being forced on the defensive throughout most of the duel, while Obi Wan was only surviving because of Anakin. Dooku was dominating that fight despite the usual struggle rage-mode Anakin gives him.

Nice work, M. Yoda.

Thanks bro.

SIDIOUS 66
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/28606/4048595-dookupower.gif

Eh, looks more impressive onscreen but I couldn't find a video or a better gif of it.

Zett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.