What TV shows or movies would translate well into video games?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nycgamer
I play a lot of games and watch a lot of TV and movies, so I often try to imagine game concepts based on shows. I know a lot of movies have already been done - Saving Private Ryan (MOH for PS2), Spider-Man, Batman, Indiana Jones, The Thing, The Hulk, Star Wars, The Matrix, etc., etc.. but not many TV shows get made into games. And of course, some games are made into movies - Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc. We need some new ideas though. What do you think?

Julie
The x files already has a game but more would be uh doable.
hmmmm

Mujaffa
Super Mariostick out tongue

BackFire349
i think lord of the rings would make an awesome real time strategy game. it would be very similar to warcraft 3. and i believe its being made....but i thought it would be a good idea from the first time i saw the movie.

nycgamer
Yeah, LOTR has been made into a game for next gen console already - twice now, I think. The most recent movie-to-game that I've played is Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. I LOVE it. I remember the Raiders of the Lost Ark game for Atari. My, how far we've come. Right now, I'm playing Splinter Cell on PS2. Have you played it?

Member.
hm...

Mujaffa
is that stuff SPAM???

Mujaffa
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/lol/spamato/spam-c07.jpg

mah
what is? I can't see any spam

Tex
Star Trek, Matrix, just about any other action movie can be turned into a game. Not necessarily a good guality game.

BackFire349
starship troopers could make a great series of games. it would be an awesome fps. and a good rts.

nycgamer
Star Wars Rogue Leader III is coming out by the end of this year. On Gamers.com they have some screens of it - it's going to be based on the first three movies and it looks JUST LIKE THE MOVIES! I can't wait for it. Plus, Enter The Matrix is coming out for all consoles pretty soon. Lastly, the Indiana Jones game on XBOX is great - I'm more than halfway through it. I'd say all-in-all they are doing a much better job at movie-games nowadays. I haven't played any new Star Trek games lately though.

yerssot
there already is a starship troopers game

Captain REX
I figured there might be. Forget where I saw it though...

BackFire349
yeah i know there is. but there could be a good one. the one that is currently out sucks.

nycgamer
Hmmm, I didn't know there was a Starship Troopers game. Funny, I always said there should be. Too bad it sucks though. What console is it on?

yerssot
dunno, just have it on PC

Thomas H
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is a game, taken from the top show on CBS.

Bad Boys will also became a game in late 2003!

Member.
the simpson games was bad. dbz getting better.

BackFire349
there was one awesome simpsons arcade game.

yerssot
ya, I remember one vaguely, thought they made a few?

mah
many crap.

nycgamer
That would explain why I haven't heard of it.

yerssot
*correction* had it

ya, never liked it, you could attack a single bug, two would mean you lost a member, so it was stupid imho

Thomas H
Good heavens..look whos back!!

yerssot
nycgamer was here some days ago already

PontiacJ8
The Grand Theft Auto Series would make a good T.v. show or a couple movies......

Geldorn
How about a game based on McGyver or the A-team, where you could use your special skills to change a paperclip into a fullgrown tank. Just see to it that you can find some tape, because no episode is complete without it.

On the other hand... best not make a game about it....

hayden's minx
Angel, or Black hawk down.

Kes
I think Black hawk down has already been made into a game.

Kes
28 days later would be a cool game.

Kes
how about the pretender? or the sentinel?

diegocala
Death Race 2000

Captain REX
The Fast and the Furious, or 2 Fast and 2 Furious. Racing game with drugs. big grin

I don't think Black Hawk Down was made into a game. It would be hard to.

yerssot
I'm happy they made some Predator games wink

mah
they have. not directly from the film, but it's called Black Hawk Down and is based on the happenings there.

Phoenix
Animorphs

cermiestar
barney's magical adventure

Kes
thundercats annd defenders of the earth.

Fire
Sliders, SG-1, MASH, First Wave

Captain REX
He-Man? ...Nah...

Dragon Ball Z doesn't make very good games.

Kes
SG-1 that would be cool. cool

yerssot
how can you make a videogame from MASH FM???

hmm, and sliders, ... dunno, the concept is good, but if you stick to the tv shows closely ...

VallejoKid707
Family Guy and X-Men Evolution. Video game companies dont make that much x-men games anymore.

royal_jester
How about the Legend of Zelda both video game and cartoon series

slayer
How about Halloween or friday the 13th?

ragesRemorse
I think the simpsons could be a great video game. they never make an action adventure of them any more. only cliche driving, or fighting games. They should go back to old school. The nintendo, sega and SNES simpsons games were outrageously fun . I think they should make another one like the ole arcade That woul be a game that would make headlines and be remembered. Give it some risky material and foul language. and you have the best game ever

Tekno Boy
Originally posted by Lightningrod
How about the Legend of Zelda both video game and cartoon series

The Legend of Zelda TV series was crap. I don't think it would work any way. How do you make a TV series or a Movie about a character who doesn't speak? thumb down

How about Angel? angel
Or Charmed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.