Star Wars Episode VII cast announced!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Renegade
I didn't know where to post this because there's no Episode VII section so I'll do it here.

The cast has been announced!

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

ares834
Nice. And Christ, Andy Serkis is in everything.

The Renegade
Can you imagine Domhnall Gleeson as a Sith apprentice of some sort? He totally has the look too.

This is exciting.

Galan007
Repost from another thread...

Originally posted by Galan007
Hopefully they'll try to get the original cast in better shape. Everyone except Harry has gone to complete shit.

For instance, it would be very hard to buy-off on this disgusting sloth being the most powerful Force user in Galactic history, as well as the Grand Master of the New Jedi Order:
http://i.imgur.com/5ES7LCG.jpg

He'd be better suited for the role of Jabba the Hutt these days

The Renegade
We don't know if he'll be a Grand Master and, even then, who says he'll be active? I'm certain Jedi Grand Masters don't do the brunt of adventuring, which is what the movie will be focusing on.

Galan007
I don't care what role he plays. Jedi aren't supposed to look like slovenly pieces of crap, which is how all of the old cast(sans Harry) look these days.

That's why I don't even think they should be in the film. Screw nostalgic fan-servicey appearances--do what's best for the franchise. thumb down

ares834
Gotta disagree. Not having Mark Hamil in would be a major disservice.

Plus he looks far better know.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmP-DpJIgAA9t3f.jpg

psmith81992
Has there ever been a more typecasted individual than Mark Hamil? Other than the seinfeld crew?

Galan007
It would be a much larger disservice to the franchise if they opt to bring in a cast of old, disheveled lard asses just to appease fans.

Should they have still used this version of Christopher Reeves as Superman, just because fans loved him in that role?:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/20/article-1388930-01A78FED0000044D-350_306x423.jpg

Phuck no. thumb down

But again, I don't care if the original cast are in the new film(s) so long as they are made to look presentable(and lets face it: most of them have a LONG way to go.) Otherwise keep them away, imo. thumb up

ares834
And is Mark Hamil in a wheel chair? No. He'd just be fat, that's fine IMO. Plus, he has lost a lot of weight and looks decent for his age now.

Galan007
Lol, and what about Carrie Fisher? I suppose you're fine with her her shoddy 'look' as well, eh?

...I guess obesity and botched plastic surgery can affect even the most powerful beings in the galaxy. thumb up

CHAOS GRIZZLY
Needs more Will Smith.

Zampanó
Carrie fisher looked fine on 30 Rock a few years ago. Maybe you should relax. It's not like the Jedi Order has to be staffed by a modelling agency

Ushgarak
Moved- all goes in most recent movie section, lacking anything better.

Galan007

psmith81992
Originally posted by CHAOS GRIZZLY
Needs more Will Smith.

queeq

Galan007
From what I've been reading, Hamill has been busting his ass to get in better shape for this(thank God.) Not sure about the others, but crossing my fingers.

The Renegade
I don't care what role he plays. Jedi aren't supposed to look like slovenly pieces of crap, which is how all of the old cast(sans Harry) look these days.

That's why I don't even think they should be in the film. Screw nostalgic fan-servicey appearances--do what's best for the franchise. thumb down

I do. People get old. Not all Jedi look that appealing.

If they're following the main series of films, I honestly don't see the issue. I really don't give a sh*t why they're being thrown in the film. As long as it's executed properly, no one else should either.

Darth Abonis
Adam Driver GREAT. He's perfect. PSYCHE

Well, at least no Zac Efron.

Boris
Can't wait!

Sith Master X
Hamill looks pretty decent, and so does Ford.

I think Fisher will look alright. Hollywood can do remarkable things.

The only thing I'll have a hard time wrapping my brain around is her voice. It's changed so much.

JediRobin23
Look closely at the picture on the first link. Carrie fisher looks huge. What gives...
Are they gonna cgi her

queeq

Sith Master X
That photo was a little puzzling to me, because I had seen her give an interview on YouTube from 2014, and she looked like she'd lost a ton of weight.

Maybe because she's sitting down and not standing up straight has something to do with it....erm

Either way, Queeq is right. They'll dress her properly, and if they are just reading through the script now, it may still be a while before they actually film their scenes.

peluffo
She might be pregnant?? :P

Sith Master X
^ Hey, I remember you! And Boris, as well.

Always nice to see the oldies resurface. wink

dadudemon
From what I've been reading, Hamill has been busting his ass to get in better shape for this(thank God.) Not sure about the others, but crossing my fingers.

This makes me happy. Mark is a hard working actor. He may pull off a Christian Bale-like transformation. smile

queeq

JediRobin23
wtf...carrie fisher had this long (first announced in 2012) and shes still fat...........

Lord Lucien
Yeah, screw her and her 57 year old metabolism. No excuse.

queeq

Sith Master X
That British actress though is spankin hot in my perverted Sith opinion.

We'll have no trouble turning her to the dark side.

queeq
laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JediRobin23
wtf...carrie fisher had this long (first announced in 2012) and shes still fat...........

They'll give her a big dress.

Sith Master X
That picture makes it look a lot worse because of the jacket she has on.

I saw recent pictures of her from an appearance this year and she has lost a ton of weight.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QRy6s4Xxce8/UxC8TdyL4iI/AAAAAAAAFQE/mXmMgsNV6MY/s1600/carrie+fisher.jpg

peluffo
Nice to see her like this now.

EDIT: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/carrie-fisher-shows-50-pound-227229

dadudemon
Meh, I would probably still hit it. smile

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by peluffo
Nice to see her like this now.

EDIT: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/carrie-fisher-shows-50-pound-227229 That was like 3 years ago.

Sith Master X
Originally posted by dadudemon
Meh, I would probably still hit it. smile

I got my perv eyes on the British one.

queeq
SW7 is turning into a babefest. Age not important. wink

JediRobin23
Yeah. I bet that Daisy chick is gonna be hot. Probably plays leias daughter. Good genes.....

Sith Master X
Her name won't be Daisy for long. When I'm done with her, she will be Darth Spank.

JediRobin23
Or maybe Darth Swallows....

Sith Master X
I tend to name them depending on how good they are. wink

That Daisy girl has a dark side. I can feel it.

queeq
I wonder if you'll one day REALLY feel it. wink

Sith Master X
Oh I'll feel it alright.

I'll just need to convince her that I'm a dynamite Sith Lord and not some guy posting on a Star Wars forum. Think she'll buy it?

Should I mention to her the shocking truth that George Lucas is my Uncle?

I don't want too come off as to conceited or anything. cool

JediRobin23
you wish......

listen to queeq

Sith Master X
Alright.

Guess I won't ask Uncle George for the private jet. sad

queeq
Nope. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.