What is your opinion on Star Wars The Clone Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
I think it was a great show, the movie and the first 2 seasons where a little bit childish but it wasn't unwatchable it was fun because of the ton of action. the only characters that I hated seeing in them where Jar Jar and C-3P0. Season 3-6 where very dark and the story arcs where pretty good. My favorite ones are the maul story arc in season 5 and the clone trooper Arc, my favorite one was the Yoda arc in season 6. What is your opinion on the clone wars?

CHAOS GRIZZLY
pretty bad

Darth Abonis
It was a piece of crap wrapped in colorful wrapping paper.

carthage
Crap like everything associated with the Prequels

Fated Xtasy
I enjoyed them all, the original trilogy, the prequels, the Legends EU, but yeah, Star Wars: The Clone Wars provided a good amount of filler between AtoC and RotS, it was entertaining, fun and overall enjoyable.

King Joker
TCW is better than the Prequels IMO. But all in all, I think TCW is fantastic.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by carthage
Crap like everything associated with the Prequels in my opinion prequals are better then OT what does the prequals offer? Nice action, cool characters, a nice, darkish storyline, and great effects and fight scenes. What does the original trilogy offer? A drug dealer, a walking carpet, a annoying farm boy, a preppy princess, and sloppy and horrible lightsaber moves.

WildBantha88
retconned Maul and Ventresses race, that urked me. Savage Opress just makes me want to shoot myself, Ahsokas existence doesn't make sense. Maul shouldn't have survived Naboo so I didn't like that. The Animation was excellent and it gave exposure to some characters that other wise wouldn't have. Had a few good stories. Any episode with Jar Jar was just horrible. But the show did keep Darth Bane canon though the Disney EU change so that is a good thing, in the end its a meh show

chilled monkey
Originally posted by PTforthewin
in my opinion prequals are better then OT what does the prequals offer? Nice action, cool characters, a nice, darkish storyline, and great effects and fight scenes. What does the original trilogy offer? A drug dealer, a walking carpet, a annoying farm boy, a preppy princess, and sloppy and horrible lightsaber moves.

You must be kidding.

What does the PT offer? Boring and/or characters, effects that might be good if they weren't so over the top and lame fight scenes.

The characters are boring and they act bored most of the time. For example, in TPM the Jedi don't seem to notice when a giant monster is about to eat them. How are we supposed to feel for the characters if they themselves don't care? Compare that to Luke facing the rancor and actually reacting to it.

The effects might be good if there wasn't so much clutter on the screen you can't tell what's going on most of the time. Plus the fact that almost the entire movie was made in a computer so it looks fake. In the OT when you see people in a forest it looks real because it was filmed in a real forest.

The fight scenes are especially bad. Twirling and spinning around like idiots does not look cool. It looks dumb.

What does the the OT offer? A likeable main hero, a good story of the underdog prevailing and cool lightsabre moves that actually look like two people fighting as opposed to the PT's wushu show.

Lord Stark
^Don't kid yourself, OT lightsaber battles were shit. Sorry.

The_Tempest
TCW was generally good, with moments of great and moments of suck. I'd give it a B-.

Lord Lucien
I'd settle for C+. Trying to stay positive.

The_Tempest
I could see C+.

PTforthewin
A

chilled monkey
What is your opinion on the clone wars?

Mostly indifference. It had some good stuff but mainly I didn't really care.

Scout wasn't in it which was a huge disappointment. There weren't any characters I was particularly endeared to except Barriss Offee (and we know what happened there). On the upside it did lead to the novel "No Prisoners." It was good to see Callista again.

As I said, Star Wars: The Clone Wars had some good stuff but overall I'm not a big fan.

Originally posted by carthage
Crap like everything associated with the Prequels

To be fair the Prequels did lead to some great stuff. Yoda: Dark Rendezvous is awesome, as is the Mace Windu comic.

Originally posted by Lord Stark
^Don't kid yourself, OT lightsaber battles were shit. Sorry.

And still better than those of the PT.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by The_Tempest
TCW was generally good, with moments of great and moments of suck. I'd give it a B-.

I'd agree with that. I'd give it a solid B, curving it slightly because it is a children's show.

Originally posted by chilled monkey
And still better than those of the PT.

Most certainly not.

WildBantha88
I'd agree with that. I'd give it a solid B, curving it slightly because it is a children's show.

A childrens show with torture scenes, war, death, decapitation, people being blown to literal bits, amputations and several attempts at genocide... let give it an E for everyone

Lord Stark
Originally posted by WildBantha88
A childrens show with torture scenes, war, death, decapitation, people being blown to literal bits, amputations and several attempts at genocide... let give it an E for everyone

Eh Anime is aimed towards 5-12 year olds and yet it shows shit that's just as bad. So yeah its a kids show.

chilled monkey
Eh Anime is aimed towards 5-12 year olds and yet it shows shit that's just as bad. So yeah its a kids show.

Not always. There are many anime series that are rated "15" or "18." Anime is just like movies; there are many different types. Some are aimed at children, some are aimed at adults.

"Berserk" "Bastard!!" and "Kannazuki no Miko" for example are certainly not aimed at 5-12 year olds.

Most certainly not.

Most certainly yes. The PT lightsabre fights are complete honk with guys spinning around like morons and twirling their weapons as if they were cheerleading batons. I tried re-watching the ROTS final duel and ended up turning the TV off in disgust.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Not always. There are many anime series that are rated "15" or "18." Anime is just like movies; there are many different types. Some are aimed at children, some are aimed at adults.

"Berserk" "Bastard!!" and "Kannazuki no Miko" for example are certainly not aimed at 5-12 year olds.

Most certainly yes. The PT lightsabre fights are complete honk with guys spinning around like morons and twirling their weapons as if they were cheerleading batons. I tried re-watching the ROTS final duel and ended up turning the TV off in disgust. because your one of those prequal hating old timers

Nalaniel
Eh Anime is aimed towards 5-12 year olds

No. There are many different genres. Some are for younger people and some are for the older ones.

DARTH POWER
Well Star Wars always was meant for kids. A family movie really, which is the same general vibe I get from TCW.

chilled monkey
because your one of those prequal hating old timers

Because the prequels are complete rubbish that deserve to be hated.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nalaniel
No. There are many different genres. Some are for younger people and some are for the older ones.

I am obviously talking about the ones that are popular in America chuckles.

Also lol at people thinking this is good
8kpHK4YIwY4

The_Tempest
BUT THERE IS JUST SO MUCH EMOTION AND PATHOS AND INTENSITY AND NOSTALGIA AND CHARACTERIZATION

THE WAY THEY SWING THEIR SHIT SAYS SOOOO MUCH ABOUT THEM

King Joker
I never understood why something can't be emotional and good choreography

The Renegade

This is not a good opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.