Will the basics change?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
With Disney revamping the EU, do you think a few of the fundamentals of the Starwars universe will change? Like the Jedi/Sith codes, The 7 jedi martial arts, the functioning's of a lightsaber, race related attributes, stuff like that.

Lord Lucien
Yes. Hopefully all of that goes away and never comes back.

WildBantha88
why would you want that shit to change? Do you hate starwars or something?

PTforthewin
Everything except species and lightsaber forms

chilled monkey
Originally posted by WildBantha88
With Disney revamping the EU, do you think a few of the fundamentals of the Starwars universe will change? Like the Jedi/Sith codes, The 7 jedi martial arts, the functioning's of a lightsaber, race related attributes, stuff like that.

While I am trying to be optimistic, I doubt there will be any real changes as I assume they'll want to stick to what people "expect" Star Wars to be like.

Still, if it turns out I'm wrong:

Like the Jedi/Sith codes,

The Sith one seems pretty straightforward. The Jedi code however SHOULD be changed.

Luke is not a PT-era Jedi, he is meant to be the first of the new. He should not do things the same way they did.

The 7 jedi martial arts,

I don't really mind either way.

the functioning's of a lightsaber,

What I am REALLY hoping is that we finally get some colour variety in the movies. We're not stupid; the bad guys don't need to all have red blades for us to know they're the bad guys. Likewise, having colours besides blue/green all the time would make things much more interesting.

Darth Abonis
They will probably make a few annoying changes, but as they never mentioned lightsaber forms by name before, its highly likely they will start now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.