Will Episode 7 showcase new sci-fi technology?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Star Wars has always been critiqued for being technological static throughout the thousands of years of the galactic republic, but Episode 7 doesn't have to do that. Will we see new cool tech or the same stuff?

PTforthewin
Hopefully same stuff and a lot of CGI. CGI made the Starwars movies I'm not even trolling or being satcadtic

Darth Abonis
CGI will not be used in the Sequel trilogy, or at least as much.

PTforthewin
No more puppet shit

Darth Abonis
Puppets Yoda is SO MUCH BETTER than CGI Yoda.

Lord Lucien
I'm imagining a shit ton of Avengers-style invisible Bluetooth.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Puppets Yoda is SO MUCH BETTER than CGI Yoda.
OT Puppet Yoda worked...

but the puppet Yoda in episode one looked ****in creepy!

queeq

Darth Abonis
I hate how these threads tend to deviate

Ushgarak
Fair point- this thread did get misread. Topic is whether there will be a pronounced improvement in in-universe technology for the new films. Personally I doubt it- technological stasis in Star Wars is pretty much part of the setting.

queeq

Sith Master X
I would love to see more puppets in Episode 7.

Smaug & Gollum should have been puppets in the last Hobbit movie, so I'm hoping Abrams doesn't make the same mistakes.

I hope technology wise it doesn't look all that different from the originals. I will admit, it will be nice to have the old classic Star Wars "feel" back.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Smaug & Gollum should have been puppets in the last Hobbit movie What?

Sith Master X
I have a very warped sense of humor, sorry.

I was basically jabbing at the fact that CGI can be just fine, if done well and for the right purposes.

queeq

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Star Wars has always been critiqued for being technological static throughout the thousands of years of the galactic republic, but Episode 7 doesn't have to do that. Will we see new cool tech or the same stuff?

Maybe they can spend some money on a script this time.

Lord Lucien

queeq
I think Lucas got plenty for the last three scripts. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.