Speculation over Meetra Surik/Jedi Exile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
There is honestly no way in hell that someone with the likes of the Jedi Exile, who could solo Sith Academys and defeat Sith Lords who can eat worlds can then later be easily defeated by Darth Nyriss. There needs to be a more logical answer then just saying Drew's writing sucks.

My personal speculation on the matter is this: The Exile was stated to be a "wound in the Force" As shown in her fight against Nihilus, is it possible during the duration of her time as a wound that her opponents force abilities were greatly disturbed and decreased? I feel that would make logical sense if she is stated to be the "death of the Force." Mr. Drew confirms the Exile did eventually regain her full connection to the Force, which perhaps ironically decreased her strength. If this is true, this may explain how she is said by Traya to be greater then Mandalorian Wars Revan by the end of the game.

Nephthys
Her opponents abilities were weakened? Nah, its the opposite. Kreia says that the Sith assassins were actually growing stronger in her presence.

Fated Xtasy
It may have been dromund kaas and the considerable dark side influence of Vitiate, such resistance of the dark-side must take a considerable amount of effort, No? that played a part in Meetra's defeat at the hands of Nyriss, remember she also (I think) fought her way towards Revan and scourge, perhaps exhaustion may have been factor?

DarthAnt66
Malachor V>>Dromaund Kaas. And she fought 4 mercenaries, exhaustion would not be a factor.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Her opponents abilities were weakened? Nah, its the opposite. Kreia says that the Sith assassins were actually growing stronger in her presence.
Quote? Such the irony, because honestly I doubt Nyriss is superior to Traya.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Malachor V>>Dromaund Kaas. And she fought 4 mercenaries, exhaustion would not be a factor.

Quote? Such the irony, because honestly I doubt Nyriss is superior to Traya.

I believe Kreia says that the exile 'Fed' off 'all those around her' so that could mean she was draining their energy *shrugs

DarthAnt66
That what Neph thinks, and that's what Nihilus does, so I guess. thumb up

Nephthys

DarthAnt66
But that doesn't make any sense, how can they feed on the Exile's Force when she is the polar opposite of the Force.

Zampanó
The exile was accessing the Force via her companions. By the end of the game, she is tapping the Force presence of 3-4 fully realized Jedi. It's no wonder the assassins were able to respond to such a powerful Force presence. (damage done to the Force bonds between her and the rest of the party upon her disappearance might explain why she is less powerful once she meets Revan)

Nephthys
The Exile still has the Force that shes drain from others. I imagine they're just draining from that and her companions.

The reason Nihilus failed to drain the Exile was partially because their two natures were polar opposites, and partially because he tried to drain her directly I guess.

Originally posted by Zampanó
The exile was accessing the Force via her companions. By the end of the game, she is tapping the Force presence of 3-4 fully realized Jedi. It's no wonder the assassins were able to respond to such a powerful Force presence. (damage done to the Force bonds between her and the rest of the party upon her disappearance might explain why she is less powerful once she meets Revan)

Great point.

NewGuy01
Or maybe KOTOR 2 was just a sad sack of bs. O:

I do agree TOR:Revan did the Exile wrong, though.

PTforthewin
The exile is male.

Nephthys
Go away, child.

PTforthewin
Go away, child. I'm not even a child

Nephthys
Surprise of the century.

The Exile is female.

PTforthewin
Surprise of the century.

The Exile is female. to me HE'S male since kotor 1 had horrible options. and the jedi robes In kotor 2 where awsome and I can't stand playing as a woman in action video games.

Q99
The exile is male, Revan is female. Everyone knows that.

wink

ares834
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
But that doesn't make any sense, how can they feed on the Exile's Force when she is the polar opposite of the Force.

Because plot holes.

Emperordmb
Ima try to make sense of this...

Her best feats were against the triumvirate.
Sion strikes me as a one trick pony. He can take a **** ton of injury, but nothing else he's done has overly impressed me. I'm given to understand that her victory over Nihilus was largely circumstantial, with a big factor being her immunity to his greatest power. As per Traya, IIRC Ant told me she let the Exile win, but I don't know if his views are different or not now. Now as per Nyriss, it's possible that being a highly learned sorceress, that she was directly tapping into the nexus on Drommund Kaas.

That's my attempt at rationalization.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Q99
The exile is male, Revan is female. Everyone knows that.

wink

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/jlaw-whtvr.gif
still with revan being a blank slate right now, any writer could change his gender and make him a female, but we wouldn't have Satale. :thumb down:

Sion strikes me as a one trick pony. He can take a **** ton of injury, but nothing else he's done has overly impressed me.
well he did take down a Jedi master, survived the downfall of Exar Kun's empire survived the internal fighting on korriban, would probably have murdered the Jedi exile on said planet, had kreia not intervened. Like I've said before, you don't simply "survive" the downfall of TWO sith empires without being 'forced' to fight your way out of a battle but hey that's just me.

I'm given to understand that her victory over Nihilus was largely circumstantial, with a big factor being her immunity to his greatest power
Yeah, also he was stated by Visas to become weaker if he doesn't feed often so that could've also played a part in his downfall, though I think I might be in the wrong on this. also the exile beat Nihilius with the help of Visas, remember Visas temporarily disrupted the connection between her and her master.

Good point, But if that were how does that explain her accolade of fighting an entire sith academy fill with Sith Trooper, Sith Assassins, Droids AND Dark-Jedi? her allies were not near her at all how could she have been 'strong' enough to defeat an entire academy and Sion? I mean I know that her allies don't have to be NEAR her, but Malachor is known as a planet that kills all life a bigger wound than the exile, when you think about it her allies were probably blinded by the powerful Nexus of malachor, I remember that dark side nexus' often lead to inexperienced padawans or master falling to the dark side or becoming blind(e'x like juhani who had a bond with her master, but after she "fell" she couldn't sense her master) doesn't that mean the exile was blocked off from her apprentices?

If I remember correctly, Kreia or one of the three Jedi master's said that the exile was a wound that could never be healed, that she would remain a wound unless they stopped her(something like that) the wound isn't something that can go 'away'. I think by the end of KOTOR 2 kreia say that the exile alreadly reestablished her connection to the force, hell the exile even learned the ancient technique called, Force Enlightenment a technique that could only learned by those who were 'truly' attuned to the force. I don't know I think having been a high level sorceress Nyriss maybe tapped into dromund kass or maybe The exile underestimated the old sith, both are highly likely

NTJack0
The Revan novel was just garbage, it doesn't need explanation.

Zampanó
The Force bond with Kreia was unaffected by the strength of Malachor's Force nexus. There's no reason to think that the redeemed Jedi who followed the Exile would have a different experience. Rather, the damage to the Force bonds with the party would happen in response to the Exile's abandonment. She makes pretty clear that there's not much of a connection, and these sorts of bonds seem to operate on metaphysical/narrative closeness. Turning her back on the known galaxy to go find Revan would probably be one way to trim or sever such Force bonds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.