Where clones really that good?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
Seriously, are they that good? It seems that only ARC's, commanders, captains, etc. Are the only good ones. the clones seem effective against confederate robots. And most of the time even they lost against them. The clones are always getting pwned by a bunch of militia village idiots. For example in the second battle of geonosis the clones where getting there ass whooped by a bunch of geonosians. But plot continuity and anakin saved the day. Another example is the battle of umbara in once scene you can see one umbaran militia idiot taking out about 3 501st LEGION CLONES. Also you can see in the a new hope tantive Iv scene where Leia shoots and kills a 501st clone trooper. I can name many more scenes but yea. What do u think?

Emperordmb
Well you must consider that the droids outnumber the clones by a huge number before you start low balling. The clones also pulled off Order 66 with 99% efficiency, so obviously they're pretty good.

Based
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well you must consider that the droids outnumber the clones by a huge number before you start low balling. The clones also pulled off Order 66 with 99% efficiency, so obviously they're pretty good.

Well I mean they're great of course but they had the advantage of having the ability to stab their commanders in the back.

Darth Abonis
Clones are better than stormtroopers.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Based
Well I mean they're great of course but they had the advantage of having the ability to stab their commanders in the back.
Their commanders who had supernatural senses.

King Joker
They've been fighting with them for 3 years, they've come to trust them with their lives. Supernatural senses or not, they were still caught completely off guard.

Based
Originally posted by King Joker
They've been fighting with them for 3 years, they've come to trust them with their lives. Supernatural senses or not, they were still caught completely off guard.

Right it's blatantly shown and stated in the movie.

Emperordmb
A good number of them (ie Ki-Adi Mundi) likely had a chance to defend themselves. I'm not denying that the element of surprise was a huge factor, I'm just saying it takes skill to pull off.

King Joker
Of course. But the vast majority didn't get a chance to defend themselves.

Emperordmb
I'm merely pointing out that the clones must've been skilled to pull it off with that efficiency.

Let's also not forget the Jedi in the temple who got a chance to fight back.

WildBantha88
Some clones suck ass, other clones are godly

WildBantha88
Fives> all other clones...**** you Rex and Cody and who ever else... Fives=Bad ass

PTforthewin
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Fives> all other clones...**** you Rex and Cody and who ever else... Fives=Bad ass fives is a badass, Cody is awesome, Rex is good, but not the best, the only reason rex isn't my favorite is because I know he won't go along with order 66 and will probably help the jedi

KingD19
Mundi had a chance to fight back? He was on a bridge with Droids on one side, and his clones behind him. By the time he realized it he was stuck in the middle. He had no chance. Same with Aayla, she got shot in the back. Etc, etc...

Q99
Clones, like any other soldier, required experience.

Clones existing in mass number, had standardized training, high morale (which, for rookie forces, means a *lot* and is a large component of being the bedrock of becoming a veteran force), and could be used and move in a large-scale coordinated fashion.

I think some underestimate stormies a bit, but yea, clones are solid soldiers.

NTJack0
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm merely pointing out that the clones must've been skilled to pull it off with that efficiency.

Let's also not forget the Jedi in the temple who got a chance to fight back. Then the Jedi that posed any sort of issue were quickly disposed of by Ragakin.

Really wish we got to see a bit more of the temple battle, ah well.

DarthAnt66
Theres now a Ragakin?

Whiakin: Episode 1
Cryakin: Episode 2
Dumakin: Episode 2 Ending
Zonakin: Episode 3 Beginning
Ragakin: Episode 3 Middle
Fucakin: Episode 3 End

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.