DC and Marvel crossover into Starwars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Okay so what if DC and Marvel characters get transported all through out history in the Stawars universe. Which heros do you think would make great jedi? And who do you think wouldn't last in this universe? Also what villains do you think would make great sith? And which villains would just get killed by the jedi?

Bonus question. How powerful do you think starwars characters are compared to superheros and villains?

PTforthewin
The force is far stronger then any super powers that the dc universe has to offer.

PTforthewin
Starwars isn't history it's future

Galan007
Originally posted by PTforthewin
The force is far stronger then any super powers that the dc universe has to offer. Lol, wut? Both Marvel and DC have several characters that have gesturely destroyed and recreated the friggin' universe. Hell, a few comic characters have even destroyed/recreated the multiverse(= infinite universeS.) Tbh, the vast majority of Jedi/Sith would be tooled with a fair amount of ease by characters whom are relatively low on the comic book totem pole--a no holds barred Flash, for example, could likely own any Jedi/Sith in the mythos within the first few attoseconds of the battle commencing(yes, Flash can operate on an attosecond-by-attosecond basis.) For the most part, SW characters just aren't intended to be *that* 'comic bookey'(ie. retardedly powerful)--and I'm glad for it.

Anyway, the only answer to this thread is Doom... Always Doom. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Agreed with above post. Powerhouses of marvel and DC are infinitely more powerful than those in Star Wars.

WildBantha88
we are not just talking about the powerhouses... if the powerhouses are to strong then use the weaker ones

DARTH POWER
If we are talking about Jedi like Anakin and Obi-Wan, I'd say they take all the street levelers like Spider-Man, Captain America and Wolverine.

Higher level force users like Dooku and Mace could probably take some powerful mutants like say Storm (whatever weather powers she has she can still be force choked) and Human Torch same way, plus their refleces and agility would help to evade a few good blasts.
And similarly Yoda and Sidious could probably take a powerhouses (with human vulnerabilities) like Magneto or Iron Man in a similar fashion. If they use the technology they have as well, it improved their odds against guys like Iron Man. (I doubt Iron Man could blast his way through a Star Destroyer for instance. So if Vader is aboard hi Super Star Destroyer, someone like IM would be easy prey for a Force choke before he gets through it's shields.).

DC heroes are generally Gods and way too powerful for any Jedi or Sith:
But come to think about it after Sidious's feat of Force choking Dooku from another system even a Green Lantern wouldn't be out of the question with that kind of method.

DARTH POWER
^ Apologies for all the spelling errors. It's hard typing all that on my phone.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Starwars isn't history it's future

So did you just miss the fact that every Star Wars movie/game/novel etc starts with the line:

"A LONG TIME AGO in a galaxy far, far away..."

Sorry for the bolding. I know it's bad form, but how do miss something like that?

Anyway, Captain America would be a great friend and ally to the Jedi. In particular I think he'd get along well with Luke and the NJO due to their less restrictive ways. I can imagine him and Luke sharing war stories, discussing the burdens of leadership, the friends they've lost and so on. Also I think Cap would comment on how Ben reminds him of Bucky.

Astor Ebligis
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
If we are talking about Jedi like Anakin and Obi-Wan, I'd say they take all the street levelers like Spider-Man, Captain America and Wolverine.

Higher level force users like Dooku and Mace could probably take some powerful mutants like say Storm (whatever weather powers she has she can still be force choked) and Human Torch same way, plus their refleces and agility would help to evade a few good blasts.
And similarly Yoda and Sidious could probably take a powerhouses (with human vulnerabilities) like Magneto or Iron Man in a similar fashion. If they use the technology they have as well, it improved their odds against guys like Iron Man. (I doubt Iron Man could blast his way through a Star Destroyer for instance. So if Vader is aboard hi Super Star Destroyer, someone like IM would be easy prey for a Force choke before he gets through it's shields.).

DC heroes are generally Gods and way too powerful for any Jedi or Sith:
But come to think about it after Sidious's feat of Force choking Dooku from another system even a Green Lantern wouldn't be out of the question with that kind of method.

Nah Magneto destroys any Force User, let alone someone like Yoda, provided his full range of powers are being used and assuming no PIS. And he hardly has human vulnarabilities, his force field can protect him from anything Yoda or Sidious would be able to throw at him.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Nah Magneto destroys any Force User, let alone someone like Yoda, provided his full range of powers are being used and assuming no PIS. And he hardly has human vulnarabilities, his force field can protect him from anything Yoda or Sidious would be able to throw at him.

Behind the forcefield he's still just a human. His Forcefield won't stop the Living force effecting him. Therefore he can still be force choked.

Seeing as Sidious choked Dooku from another sustem, I don't see Magneto escaping that from one of the eilte Force users.

Astor Ebligis
What do you mean by the Living Force? A Force choke is simple telekinesis and that's something that Magneto's force field is capable of protecting him from, and it's shielded him from a power output far beyond anything Yoda/Sidious can dish out.

DARTH POWER
What do you mean by the Living Force? A Force choke is simple telekinesis and that's something that Magneto's force field is capable of protecting him from, and it's shielded him from a power output far beyond anything Yoda/Sidious can dish out.

It doesn't matter what kind of force field is in between them.

Sidious choked Dooku from Light Years away. He didn't smash through a hundred planets and the ship Dooku was on to choke him.

Hence he won't have to smash through Magneto's force field to choke him either.

Astor Ebligis
Except that the force field protects him from internal attacks as well.

WildBantha88
i think ur underrating force users, telekinetic blast and holds can do hella lot of damage to anyone who doesn't have a force shield. Force Lightning is one that many comic book characters would be subject to. Plus there are jedi who can take a hell of a lot of punishment from super strong characters Ex. Ven Zallow being kicked in the face so hard he was sent smashing through a wall, and half the shit obi-wan has done. And force wielders have super strength as well. Ex. Malgus kicking Ven through a wall, Anakin skywalker. And Force wielders are hella fast. Also people with tutaminus can absorb energy blasts

Astor Ebligis
We're simply dealing with completely different power levels; Magneto if he's allowed the full use of his powers can do things like cause gravitational singularities or create wormholes, and his force fields can tank nuclear weapons.

WildBantha88
and the starwars universe has people who explode stars, eat planets, destroy fleets of star ships, also powers like force storms and deathfields would be potent against most characters

DARTH POWER
Except that the force field protects him from internal attacks as well.

You have a scan of that?

Originally posted by WildBantha88
and the starwars universe has people who explode stars, eat planets, destroy fleets of star ships, also powers like force storms and deathfields would be potent against most characters

Not anymore stick out tongue

Astor Ebligis
The things that you're mentioning are neither the norm, nor do they all belong to a single character. Magneto alone can outperform or match these feats in a number of different manners.

and the starwars universe has people who explode stars,

Done via a ship, and Magneto can also do things like collapse stars into black holes for the record.

Inhabitants of the planet, and affecting things on a planetary level is closer to the lower end of what Magneto can do.

Which Magneto can replicate.

Not sure what you're referring to.

Being able to create a black hole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything anyone in Star Wars can do without technology.

WildBantha88
deathfields, fore drains big brother. Its a bubble of dark side energy that turns anything that touchs it into lifeless husks. Magneto has no defense against that

Q99
Magneto *does* fight telekinesis with regularity. Magneto's not even high-end for some of the characters anyway...

Heck, let's go with someone who's not top-tier, but would be super hard for Jedi to deal with. Photon Monica Rambeau. She turns into energy. She blasts harder than any jedi or sith has ever stopped with force-absorb. She can absorb lightning coming at her. She's way too fast to be hit by force storm, death field, or the like. Strong will and, like most avengers, some anti-telepathy training.

Spider-man's actually rather significantly super. He's got spidey-sense which is a least equal to Jedi precog, he's got crazy-fast movement, agility, and reflexes, and his webs are very hard to deal with. And he can benchpress a buss.

Spider-man would be a difficult foe even for rather strong Jedi. Not unbeatable, but quite hard.

chilled monkey
Why would they fight? Marvel/DC superheroes and Jedi/Republic people are on the same side.

If say, the Avengers appear somewhere on Coruscant, Luke (or Yoda depending on the era) will quickly show up to clear any misunderstandings.

Going back to Captain America, if he could use the Force he'd be an incredible Jedi because of his strong will and discipline. From a combat perspective he'd have his shield in one hand and a lightsabre (probably blue) in the other. He'd be all but untouchable in direct combat.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
if u really wanna argue marvel/DC vs star wars in terms of OP abilities, be my f***ing guest. but I'm fairly certain that, say, Superman would defeat any force user in existence.

WildBantha88
Spidermans webs get blocked by the lightsaber and yes he can move really fast but so can jedi. depending on the jedi even faster. Also super strength isn't the winning factor either since people like vader and malgus exist in starwars and people have been punched and kicked by them. Remember Malgus kicking ven across the room through a wall and still having enough momentum to break up the floor. Also if captian American throws his shield that is easy pickings for a jedi to just take as many jedi are skilled at throwing lightsaber which is much harder than a shield. Also hand to hand jedi are trained from being a toddler how to use martial arts so many of the higher skilled jedi may be on Captian Americas level, plus all the speeds, strength, tk, telepathy, what ever else that jedi knows

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I doubt vader and malgus can bench press a ****in bus tho.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I doubt vader and malgus can bench press a ****in bus tho.

They can with TK.

Maul and Savage have moved Jedi Craft.

So yeah someone like Maul, Kenobi or Skywalker should take Spider-Man.

Elites like Vader, Dooku or Mace should be able to take Human Torch or Storm or even IM.

I want to see Magneto resisting Tk, otherwise I would assume Yoda or Sidious can take him.

DC guys are too powerful though.

Darth Martin
Highly doubt Yoda or Sidious can take Magneto. The average Jedi are better than the average street leveler if we go by feats performed by Kenobi in TPM.

The only questionable thing is powers like Force grip. Once you get past that the middle-high tier characters such as Iron Man become too much for most Force wielders.

Unless your a Force God such ad a peak Luke or Sidious characters like Magneto, Doom, Thor, Superman, etc shouldn't even notice.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Elites like Vader, Dooku or Mace should be able to take Human Torch or Storm or even IM.

I think you're seriously underestimating Storm, Human Torch and Iron-Man.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nephthys
I think you're seriously underestimating Storm, Human Torch and Iron-Man.

Not really. Behind the weather/fire manipulation powers and hi-tech armor, they are still just human.

So if Yoda/Sidious can easily paralyze other powerful force users such as Ventress, Opress and Maul, then I see Vader, Dooku and Windu having no problem at all paralyzing people like Tony, Ororo or Johnny who have no natural defense against TK gripping their muscles.

Even in terms of sheer power Mace with a Force Blast can completely crush multiple destroyer droids and battle droids. That's not exactly a blast Storm or Torch would just shrug off. And Savage, who was well below Dooku in Force power, was flinging around Jedi craft, so just think at the kind of mass Vader, Dooku and Mace can fling at these guys.

And all this is just from mainstream movie canon. I've not even gone into Legends (which would be the more appropriate comparison against Marvel/DC Comic Book Canon feats.

Nephthys
Paralyzing them will do nothing to stop them from blasting the shit out of them. All of these characters have fought telekinetic opponents well above Vader and co.

That sheer power is nothing compared to comic feats bro. Storm can block Cyclop's optic blasts, these guys aren't touching her. She'll flash-freeze them or just blow them away with lightning in milliseconds. Johnny's fire can rival the heat of a star or a nuke. And Iron Man repeatedly throws down with the big dogs. His armor is well above anything seen from a non-Nihilus class Force user.

Storms an Omega level mutant and Torch and Iron Man are some of the heaviest hitters of the Marvel heroes.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nephthys
Paralyzing them will do nothing to stop them from blasting the shit out of them. All of these characters have fought telekinetic opponents well above Vader and co.

That sheer power is nothing compared to comic feats bro. Storm can block Cyclop's optic blasts, these guys aren't touching her. She'll flash-freeze them or just blow them away with lightning in milliseconds. Johnny's fire can rival the heat of a star or a nuke. And Iron Man repeatedly throws down with the big dogs. His armor is well above anything seen from a non-Nihilus class Force user.

Storms an Omega level mutant and Torch and Iron Man are some of the heaviest hitters of the Marvel heroes.

Well I haven't really read comics in recent years. But from the ones I used to read, Storm could certainly not do anything in a millisecond.

And I've not seen any of these guys resist Telekinesis. IM has probably tanked external TK attacks, but that doesn't stop him being force choked. (The force clearly doesn't need to penetrate barriers).

Johnny won't be going Supernova while getting force choked.

These guys may be heavy hitters but again they won't be doing squat if they're paralyzed and being Choked out. As for frying them, considering Sidious can Choke Dooku from another solar system, it's a pretty clear cut bet that Dooku or Mace can Choke these guys without being in their direct blast radius.

Astor Ebligis
I agree with Power to an extent. Some of the comic book characters, while having great power output, might not have the means to defend themselves against certain attacks, or the speed/reactions to land their attack first, e.g. Cyclops.

But CB Magneto is definitely not one of them. Regarding the scans, I had a brief look in the respect thread and couldn't find anything but really, it's pretty common knowledge as well as common sense, given what Q was saying about him regularly going up against telekinetics.

ares834
Sidious mind rapes Thor, Hulk, Superman, etc...

Nephthys
I'm pretty sure all of them have feats of resisting strong telepathy.

ares834
Hulk seems to get mind raped every other comic.

Lek Kuen
They all stop at Rand

Astor Ebligis
For the record Power, was reading Excalibur v3 #10, and Magneto's force field actually prevents someone from teleporting inside it. That sufficient evidence for you? I don't have the time to search for scans for it defending against internal TK specifically, this is something I only randomly stumbled onto, but it should at the very least establish that his force field operates not just as a simple barrier.

WildBantha88
this
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/3737012-savage+and+maul+force+push+army.png

and this
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120920043557/starwars/images/e/e6/Satele's_triumph.jpg

and this

http://drewsviews.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Yoda-and-Mace-Windu-exerting-a-lot-of-Force-on-Coruscant-against-Battle-Droids-and-Super-Battle-Droids.jpg

and this

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/mK3gsf-vN0A/maxresdefault.jpg

Point proven?

Lord Lucien
I hate all those pictures.

Astor Ebligis
Originally posted by Q99
Magneto *does* fight telekinesis with regularity. Magneto's not even high-end for some of the characters anyway...

I have him as a top 15 mutant, which is pretty damn impressive considering the top 10 is basically filled with universal/multiversal level reality warpers and psychics.

Lek Kuen
For the record Power, was reading Excalibur v3 #10, and Magneto's force field actually prevents someone from teleporting inside it. That sufficient evidence for you? I don't have the time to search for scans for it defending against internal TK specifically, this is something I only randomly stumbled onto, but it should at the very least establish that his force field operates not just as a simple barrier.
I doubt there is a scan specifically saying he can. But he fights telekinetic often, one of his main foes was a very powerful one. And they have never casually just grab him inside his force field and beat him. If his shield was useless against them they wouldn't struggle when it's up. Especially as some of these characters are very powerful in their own right.

WildBantha88
Starwars characters are deffinatly above the likes of captian America, spider man and all those in there tier. Starwars characters are too fast for most of them, many being able to pull off several strikes per second and even those like Bane and Leneer who can move so fast that time seems to slow down to a crawl for them.
Then there are characters who can generate lightning strong enough to kill insantly, and even stronger lightning that can reduce targets to charred husks.
And there are characters that absorb massive amounts of energy via tutaminus, some even being able to catch lightsabers, blades made of pure energy with there bare hands.
Then there are the deadlier powers like force drain and death fields, litteraly absorbing the other persons life force or creating a bubble of dark energy that if touched turns living things into lifeless husks.

I think the SW universe to often gets lowballed by the other universes

Sinious
Star Wars has a chance to win this. First of all, their superpowers are not mutation or genetic. They gain access to an infinite energy that contains unlimited knowledge. They gain wisdom and clarity through it. They are very smart and can see the future. They can outsmart most of their non-force user enemies through the force and they probably experience time and space in a different way even. At least the super strong ones do. These features make up for their lack of physical raw power.

The top sith lords can manipulate them or crush their minds. Vitiate is known to be the master of it. How can they have a defense for that? He is doing it through the force which the superheroes have no knowledge of. Darth Jadus physically wounds people near him. He should be effective too. Also if Nihilus' drain applies here, he would be a big trouble. Palpatine, Yoda and Luke would own many superheroes too.

If we don't count the semi-omnipotent characters from DC/Marvel, the Ones would be a huge challenge for most of them for sure.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Sinious
Star Wars has a chance to win this. First of all, their superpowers are not mutation or genetic. They gain access to an infinite energy that contains unlimited knowledge. They gain wisdom and clarity through it. They are very smart and can see the future. They can outsmart most of their non-force user enemies through the force and they probably experience time and space in a different way even. At least the super strong ones do. These features make up for their lack of physical raw power.

The top sith lords can manipulate them or crush their minds. Vitiate is known to be the master of it. How can they have a defense for that? He is doing it through the force which the superheroes have no knowledge of. Darth Jadus physically wounds people near him. He should be effective too. Also if Nihilus' drain applies here, he would be a big trouble. Palpatine, Yoda and Luke would own many superheroes too.

If we don't count the semi-omnipotent characters from DC/Marvel, the Ones would be a huge challenge for most of them for sure.

Lord Kaan subtly controlling minds of entire armies. And I think Zannahs mental assault on Supes would be super effective, since he is weak to magic it should work. Kuns gauntlets blasts can pack some serious heat for some of the tougher characters. And yea the Ones could pose a problem for a lot of high tier characters

Sinious
Exactly. Also some of them don't have to be near their opponents to kill them so how can they fight someone who feels their presence from another planet.

By the way, do the superheroes have access to SW technology? If not it'll be hard to travel for most of them.

WildBantha88
I dunno, if they are in the SW universe for along enough time they would probably figure out how to use the tec

deathslash
Starwars characters are deffinatly above the likes of captian America, spider man and all those in there tier. Starwars characters are too fast for most of them, many being able to pull off several strikes per second and even those like Bane and Leneer who can move so fast that time seems to slow down to a crawl for them.
Then there are characters who can generate lightning strong enough to kill insantly, and even stronger lightning that can reduce targets to charred husks.
And there are characters that absorb massive amounts of energy via tutaminus, some even being able to catch lightsabers, blades made of pure energy with there bare hands.
Then there are the deadlier powers like force drain and death fields, litteraly absorbing the other persons life force or creating a bubble of dark energy that if touched turns living things into lifeless husks.

I think the SW universe to often gets lowballed by the other universes Originally posted by Sinious

If we don't count the semi-omnipotent characters from DC/Marvel, the Ones would be a huge challenge for most of them for sure. Originally posted by WildBantha88
Lord Kaan subtly controlling minds of entire armies. And I think Zannahs mental assault on Supes would be super effective, since he is weak to magic it should work. Kuns gauntlets blasts can pack some serious heat for some of the tougher characters. And yea the Ones could pose a problem for a lot of high tier characters
You guys do realize that this isn't a fight right? There are two things that I need to say
1. The thread starter was just asking what you guys think would happen if Marvel and DC crossed over. Meanwhile, you guys are both talking like this is a battle between DC and Marvel and Star Wars.

2.Almost none of the stuff that you guys just said matters when there are characters that are still hundreds of times faster than them (the Flash family, Superman family, Daxamites, Zoom, Quicksilver, Speed Demon, the Wizzer, etc.), characters that are much smarter than them (Doom, Reed Richards, Kang, Thanos, Darkseid, etc.), characters that are both immune to being mindcontrolled and can control minds on a much larger scale than the Star Wars characters (Darkseid, Thanos, Martian Manhunter, Professor X, etc.), characters that have access to much higher levels of magic than them (Loki, Thanos, Constantine, Doom, Dr. Strange, etc.) and when there are characters that can literally solo the entire Star Wars universe (Franklin Richards, the Anti-Monitor, the Spectre, the Living tribunal, etc.).

With that said, I think it would be very interesting to see all three companies cross over.

Eminence
Give Disney a few more years.

Sinious
Originally posted by deathslash
You guys do realize that this isn't a fight right? The thread starter was just asking what you guys think would happen if Marvel and DC crossed over. Meanwhile, you guys are both talking like this is a battle between DC and Marvel and Star Wars.

Well assuming there would be a war, I think that SW has a chance to win this but only if the Marvel or DC guys come to SW galaxy as an invading force which is advantageous for SW.

If they just show up neutrally, I think the heroes would join the jedi and the villains would fight the sith to overthrow them which would lead to the good guys kicking their asses after. It would work out well for the light side.

there are characters that can literally solo the entire Star Wars universe (Franklin Richards, the Anti-Monitor, the Spectre, the Living tribunal, etc.).

I said without involving the semi-omnipotent ones but if this is challenging the entire galactic history and if they can all exist at the same time and unite against the common foe, SW can still defeat them. Here is a crazy scenario:

Anakin is just born and all the top Sith and Jedi that ever existed take him at the very young age to train him. Yoda and Sidious train him personally and help him master both sides of the force. Then he travels to Mortis and studies the force even further with the Ones. After, he learns the galaxy consuming ritual of Vitiate and all the jedi and sith help him to successfully perform it. When he is done, he becomes the omnipotent force of Star Wars universe and destroys everything that enters his galaxy. Game over rolling on floor laughing

deathslash
Well assuming there would be a war, I think that SW has a chance to win this but only if the Marvel or DC guys come to SW galaxy as an invading force which is advantageous for SW.

If they just show up neutrally, I think the heroes would join the jedi and the villains would fight the sith to overthrow them which would lead to the good guys kicking their asses after. It would work out well for the light side. Okay, I just wanted to make sure you didn't think that this was a fight.

I said without involving the semi-omnipotent ones but if this is challenging the entire galactic history and if they can all exist at the same time and unite against the common foe, SW can still defeat them. Here is a crazy scenario:

Anakin is just born and all the top Sith and Jedi that ever existed take him at the very young age to train him. Yoda and Sidious train him personally and help him master both sides of the force. Then he travels to Mortis and studies the force even further with the Ones. After, he learns the galaxy consuming ritual of Vitiate and all the jedi and sith help him to successfully perform it. When he is done, he becomes the omnipotent force of Star Wars universe and destroys everything that enters his galaxy. Game over rolling on floor laughing hysterical You do know that it would take Anakin decades to learn all of that right? Meanwhile, most of the people that I mentioned can eat/ destroy entire realities in a matter of minutes. Hell, the Flash family can just travel backwards in time and kill all of those characters while they are still children.

Sinious
Okay, I just wanted to make sure you didn't think that this was a fight.

hysterical You do know that it would take Anakin decades to learn all of that right? Meanwhile, most of the people that I mentioned can eat/ destroy entire realities in a matter of minutes. Hell, the Flash family can just travel backwards in time and kill all of those characters while they are still children.

I know. just trying to defend the pride of SW universe. smile

deathslash
I know. just trying to defend the pride of SW universe. smile good, I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. The only way for SW to win in a fight against either DC or Marvel if for them to use a very big amount of prep time and even the it's not even close to an assured victory. The Star Wars universe in general is just less powerful than both DC and Marvel. However, that's a good thing and it truly does help seperate SW from the other comic companies.

deathslash
I know. just trying to defend the pride of SW universe. smile good, I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. The only way for SW to win in a fight against either DC or Marvel if for them to use a very big amount of prep time and even the it's not even close to an assured victory. The Star Wars universe in general is just less powerful than both DC and Marvel. However, that's a good thing and it truly does help seperate SW from the other comic companies.

Sinious
good, I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. The only way for SW to win in a fight against either DC or Marvel if for them to use a very big amount of prep time and even the it's not even close to an assured victory. The Star Wars universe in general is just less powerful than both DC and Marvel. However, that's a good thing and it truly does help seperate SW from the other comic companies.

DC/Marvel characters get their powers very easily. They are either born that way or experience some sort of mutation that turns them instantly to very powerful beings. They don't need much training. Also their powers are very physical and direct.

SW force users have to be born with power and then they need proper training to learn how to use that power for years. They are not genetically superior to a regular person. They have to focus and use the force to obtain superpowers. This is why DC and Marvel have the upper hand here.

However, while DC/Marvel heroes and villains' powers are based on physical rules, SW jedi/sith base their powers on freeing them selves from all the limiting rules of the universe. The force is infinite knowledge and power and it is inside every living person in SW universe. Their own perceptions limit their powers. This may be disadvantageous for them in combat, but it makes them more sophisticated and wiser characters.

If DC/Marvel people show up neutrally, force users could manipulate them to do their own bidding. Especially the sith. I mean how hard could it be for Palpatine to manipulate self-righteous superheroes like Superman?

It would be a really interesting but weird scenario.

Lek Kuen
Except that Telepathy/mind control is a somewhat common power so they know all about people messing with minds and have ways around it and characters that are resistant/immune.

Q99

However, while DC/Marvel heroes and villains' powers are based on physical rules, SW jedi/sith base their powers on freeing them selves from all the limiting rules of the universe. The force is infinite knowledge and power and it is inside every living person in SW universe. Their own perceptions limit their powers. This may be disadvantageous for them in combat, but it makes them more sophisticated and wiser characters.

Mind you, I don't think there's a single Jedi I'd trust to be as wise as Wonder Woman ^^

A lot of the big heroes in DC are serious veterans who've devoted great amount of time to training and understanding, and faced a wide variety of situations to expand their horizons.

Pretty darn hard, at least in terms of getting him to do stuff he doesn't like. Remember, his villains include Lex Luthor and he's an investigative journalist by trade, and he hangs out with Batman.

Also, Supes really isn't too self-righteous. Most of the time he's fairly humble. Self-righteousness is, in his good versions, something he tries to avoid.

Sinious
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Except that Telepathy/mind control is a somewhat common power so they know all about people messing with minds and have ways around it and characters that are resistant/immune.

I meant manipulate by normal deception not force powers. Like as a politician who wants the best for the galaxy.

Originally posted by Q99
Mind you, I don't think there's a single Jedi I'd trust to be as wise as Wonder Woman ^^

You must be joking.

Originally posted by Q99

A lot of the big heroes in DC are serious veterans who've devoted great amount of time to training and understanding, and faced a wide variety of situations to expand their horizons.

Pretty darn hard, at least in terms of getting him to do stuff he doesn't like. Remember, his villains include Lex Luthor and he's an investigative journalist by trade, and he hangs out with Batman.

Also, Supes really isn't too self-righteous. Most of the time he's fairly humble. Self-righteousness is, in his good versions, something he tries to avoid.

His name is Superman. He wears a spandex costume and flies around the world to make it a better place. He is a douche in a way.

Think about it, almost every superhero from DC/ Marvel have ego problems. They may not be arrogant but they sure aren't as wise and selfless as the likes of Yoda who has been tricked by Palpatine for years. At least I would say its not impossible.

deathslash
His name is Superman. He wears a spandex costume and flies around the world to make it a better place. He is a douche in a way.

Think about it, almost every superhero from DC/ Marvel have ego problems. They may not be arrogant but they sure aren't as wise and selfless as the likes of Yoda who has been tricked by Palpatine for years. At least I would say its not impossible. Actually, the "S" is a symbol of his family, currently Superman wears a form of Kryptonian armor, he didn't call himself Superman (the public did), and he has actually had a lot of experience with fighting people that control the minds of others. If you think that flying around the world, rescuing people, solving problems and fighting crime is douchebaggery, then clearly you don't know what a douche bag truly is.

There really aren't that many superheroes that have ego problems and almost every single superhero has experience with being manipulated and/ or mindcontrolled. Yoda told Kenobi not to tell Luke that Vader was his own father, as soon as the Empire rose he went into hiding (sort of like a coward), and even with the evidence piling up that the clone army was manufactured by the enemy, he still didn't warn his fellow Jedi to watch their backs. I don't really think those are the signs of someone who is really wise and/ or cares that much.

Astor Ebligis
I agree with Power to an extent. There are a lot of cb superheroes, regardless of their power level, who only have one or two abilities, and can't defend against the full range of the many abilities Jedi/Sith possess. Cyclops for example potentially has godly power and could split the planet in two, but would be vulnerable to something like a Force Choke.

However, it is simply the case that power levels in DC and Marvel >>>>>>>> Star Wars. You basically need the equivalent of a God in Star Wars to be able to compete with the high level heroes/villains in DC/Marvel (Aquaman for example would probably give the Father an absolute spanking). The God tier characters in DC/Marvel by comparison, could basically solo the SWG by blinking (such as a fully powered Jean Grey).

WildBantha88

There really aren't that many superheroes that have ego problems and almost every single superhero has experience with being manipulated and/ or mindcontrolled. Yoda told Kenobi not to tell Luke that Vader was his own father, as soon as the Empire rose he went into hiding (sort of like a coward), and even with the evidence piling up that the clone army was manufactured by the enemy, he still didn't warn his fellow Jedi to watch their backs. I don't really think those are the signs of someone who is really wise and/ or cares that much.

He didn't tell his fellow jedi because by transcending death, the jedi had already won the greater victory. Yes the modern jedi might get whipped out, but the jedi would always be. Also why would he tell Luke that? "Hey we want you to fight your own father, the most evil being the galaxy who has committed mass murder on multiple occasions, all while resisting the dark side so you don't become exactly like him." that wouldn't have gone over very well.

Ace Hambone
This guy might know...

5BBhNkywMJY

deathslash
He didn't tell his fellow jedi because by transcending death, the jedi had already won the greater victory. Yes the modern jedi might get whipped out, but the jedi would always be. It doesn't matter if they cold transcend death or not because by not telling his fellow jedi, they were completely unprepared for the attack. Yoda didn't say "Hey we should probably make up a backup temple in a remote and relatively unknown location so that not all of out information and people will be wiped out and we will have a place to go if the Clones try to kill us". Even if some knights and masters did know how to transcend death, there were still a very large number of Jedi that died (the younglings, padawans, and many known jedi knights for example) that died without even knowing what hit them.Yoda could have warned them.
Also why would he tell Luke that? "Hey we want you to fight your own father, the most evil being the galaxy who has committed mass murder on multiple occasions, all while resisting the dark side so you don't become exactly like him." that wouldn't have gone over very well. You're right, instead Yoda just hoped that Luke would kill Vader without ever finding out that he was his father. If Luke hadn't of asked Yoda, he probably wouldn't have told him.

deathslash
Originally posted by Ace Hambone
This guy might know...

5BBhNkywMJY laughing That was one of the best things that I've ever seen.

WildBantha88
It doesn't matter if they cold transcend death or not because by not telling his fellow jedi, they were completely unprepared for the attack. Yoda didn't say "Hey we should probably make up a backup temple in a remote and relatively unknown location so that not all of out information and people will be wiped out and we will have a place to go if the Clones try to kill us". Even if some knights and masters did know how to transcend death, there were still a very large number of Jedi that died (the younglings, padawans, and many known jedi knights for example) that died without even knowing what hit them.Yoda could have warned them.

You don't understand, by transcending death the jedi could never die. Yes the present day jedi died but the jedi order would always live no matter what the sith did. It was Yodas ace in the hole. Sidious took over the galaxy and wiped most the jedi from existence but Yoda could always teach other beings the ways of the jedi since he is now an eternal being.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.