Is Darkseid...................

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Truly a peer of Thanos? And vice versa? I've been a member of this board for quite some time and it appears to me as if he is a notch below and the only reason Ive gathered is his performance against Clark. Not a versus just curious

Branlor Swift
Darkseid's true form is vastly above Thanos. Crazily above.

Darkseid's avatar form, or boomtubed form is below Thanos, while still maintaining an "above herald" level range on average. A lot of that gets muddied when you look at his later showings vs Superman, but it could be attributed to Superman just going "all out" everytime he fought him.

At least the way I see it.

Badabing
Sin, I'll leave this open until you get a few solid replies. Hopefully the Thanos brigade won't come in here and kill the thread. stick out tongue

Trickster Priest knows a lot about DS and the New Gods. But he hasn't posted for a long while. I honestly can't keep track of his true form and avatars. Bran's post sounds good to me. Maybe some of the DCers can post thoughts?

You have to watch drawing conclusions from his fights with Supes. The DC writers flat out have said that they'll write Superman to be as strong as he needs to beat a threat. They've said that's part of his powerset. shrug

I'd rather see consistency in characters.

Tony Stark
Here's the question to your question... Can Superman beat Darkseid solo?

zopzop
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Darkseid's avatar form, or boomtubed form is below Thanos, while still maintaining an "above herald" level range on average. A lot of that gets muddied when you look at his later showings vs Superman, but it could be attributed to Superman just going "all out" everytime he fought him.

thumb up

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Badabing
Sin, I'll leave this open until you get a few solid replies. Hopefully the Thanos brigade won't come in here and kill the thread. stick out tongue

Trickster Priest knows a lot about DS and the New Gods. But he hasn't posted for a long while. I honestly can't keep track of his true form and avatars. Bran's post sounds good to me. Maybe some of the DCers can post thoughts?

You have to watch drawing conclusions from his fights with Supes. The DC writers flat out have said that they'll write Superman to be as strong as he needs to beat a threat. They've said that's part of his powerset. shrug

I'd rather see consistency in characters.

That's right. If Thanos was a Superman rogue in DC, he would get the Darkseid treatment more than likely.

Shabazz916
thanos is better

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Shabazz916
thanos is better

I like Darkseid better. DS pre-COIE would hand Thanos his ass.

Shabazz916
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars

thanos is more versatile he has more powers

Stoic

Why live in the past?

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Stoic
Why live in the past?

Life was much less complicated then lol

Shabazz916

i might be wrong but cnt thanos absorb attacks.. if true darkseid has no chance

God Cloth Seiya
Final crisis darksied solos.

Omega Vision
I think Bran got it about right, though in my heart Darkseid, even 'avatar' form is >= to Thanos, but with all of Darkseid's low showings I can't fault anyone for thinking otherwise, as long as they don't try to tell me that Darkseid is Herald level or that Superman is >= to him because he's bested him twice in what are arguably two of his greatest combat showings (and in one case where he was sunamped), ignoring that if you look at all of Superman and Darkseid's confrontations, Darkseid is twice as likely to dispatch him with relative ease than to get beaten by him after a hard fight.

I really wish writers would have made more use of Darkseid's arcane powerset. If you look at Kirby's Darkseid he actually does seem like a god because of what he can do, like create an avatar of himself from cement and earth from another universe over (while technically 'dead' to top it off)...whereas in the last decade or so he was mostly limited to punching and blasting.

Supermex
Just wondering. .

Has any herald in Marvel ever beatin Thanos in a physical fight?

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Supermex
Just wondering. .

Has any herald in Marvel ever beatin Thanos in a physical fight?

Does Drax count?

Supermex
The fact that I believe Dark is below Thanos more due to what Dc has done with the character themselves...

If Dc feels that way about Darky then I cant make excuses for him either and he is what he is.. Just another chump below Thanos.

Supermex
Does Drax count?

Wasn't Drax formed to be able to kill Thanos?
Like kryptonite to Superman... Almost..
More of a plot Indused more so than anything..

Shabazz916
Does Drax count?

by the curse of death thanos cnt die right ???

-Pr-
Almost every time Superman goes up against Darkseid, he brings his a-game and still loses more than he wins. This whole "Superman always stomps DS" bullshit is little more than a forum myth.

Anyway, Bran is pretty spot on.

guy222
Thanos is above DS IMHO

Prof. T.C McAbe
DS True form is Multiversal and as such far above Thanos. His Avatars range from Translevel to Skyfatherlevel. His portrayal against Heralds and other Skyfathers proves this. Now, Clark is different. He is a Nexus being, from a Nexus Planet and we know that "everything comes from Superman", this status protects him and makes him the DC Herald who can increase his power to Trans or Skyfatherlevels and with sundipping and other amps even beyond. If Darkseid is the embodiment of evil, then Clark is the Avatar or embodiment of good.
Would Thanos operate in the DC universe, he would get beaten by Superman from time to time.

Supermex
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
DS True form is Multiversal and as such far above Thanos. His Avatars range from Translevel to Skyfatherlevel. His portrayal against Heralds and other Skyfathers proves this. Now, Clark is different. He is a Nexus being, from a Nexus Planet and we know that "everything comes from Superman", this status protects him and makes him the DC Herald who can increase his power to Trans or Skyfatherlevels and with sundipping and other amps even beyond. If Darkseid is the embodiment of evil, then Clark is the Avatar or embodiment of good.
Would Thanos operate in the DC universe, he would get beaten by Superman from time to time.

Not buying it...
If true that would make DCu a joke.

abhilegend
Even avatars of Darkseid have beastly showings. He's almost always a skyfather level being.

meep-meep
This is entirely my opinion. if superman was in Marvel....the Marvel universe would be a lot different. But HULK KILLER HUMANOID. ...is unbelieble.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Truly a peer of Thanos?
Nope. Thanos is vastly above Jobberseid's paygrade. evil face

h1a8
Well I view DS as physically stronger. Capable of blooding Superman with relative ease. I say Thanos is more durable against energy blasts but DS with a slight edge against blunt and cutting force. DS has more power output with the OE (by feats). Thanos is smarter IMO.
I view DS as slightly superior to Thanos due to the OE and physical strength.
But Thanos smarts have a good say here.

Cinder
Heres how I see darkseid.

Darkseid basically loses very rarely, yet still more than thanos.

And this is almost purely because of bad writers.

I.e. 90% of the time darkseid effortlessly beats the crud out of supes 1v1, and can 5v1 flash, supes, wonder woman, batman and aqua..guy (iforget) And win.

But rarely writers say "hm, lets make him 10x weaker big grin"

How I see it is, in his mortalish form, they're essentially equals 1 on 1 no prep.

However if they had prep darkseid wins effortlessly because.. he has a friggin army of superbeings.

So he basically brings his own league level army

Cinder
Originally posted by h1a8
Well I view DS as physically stronger. Capable of blooding Superman with relative ease. I say Thanos is more durable against energy blasts but DS with a slight edge against blunt and cutting force. DS has more power output with the OE (by feats). Thanos is smarter IMO.
I view DS as slightly superior to Thanos due to the OE and physical strength.
But Thanos smarts have a good say here.

As far as I can tell..

DS, and thanos are both incalcuably smart.

Diff is darkseid basically goes cray and loves fighting personally, thanos always remains calm, and uses tech whenever it can give him an edge.

Basically its for me like the flash vs batman.

FLash gets cocky a lot, batman never ever gets cocky, and plans everything.

Cinder
Originally posted by Supermex
Not buying it...
If true that would make DCu a joke.

DCu kind of is ajoke.

But like, it's their own fault usually.

I.e. one thing will be completely awesome, another thing damn stupid.

I.E. monarch. Monarch exists by slaying every other captain atom and asborbing them in the future.

This basically puts his energy abilities at galactus ish level.

Now, superboy prime managed to punch him into submission.

While monarch should be able to wipe him off existence itself.

operator616
Originally posted by Omega Vision

I really wish writers would have made more use of Darkseid's arcane powerset. If you look at Kirby's Darkseid he actually does seem like a god because of what he can do, like create an avatar of himself from cement and earth from another universe over (while technically 'dead' to top it off)...whereas in the last decade or so he was mostly limited to punching and blasting.

That Pre-crsis JLA arc was under Conway, not Kirby. If you want to reference an impressive PC Kriby feat it would certainly be his feat in Forever People v1. Where he BFRs Infinity Man, same Infinity Man who was tanking anti matter attacks from Mantis (who, if we take what was happening in the New Gods' title, was actually amped by Darkseid himself) which were stated to vaporize star systems, to another dimension beyond time and space, and completely sealed it as revealed at the end of that series. Sealed it to a point where there's not one place in the entire dimension where he can escape from. And it remained sealed even post-crisis as seen in Forever People v2.

Darkseid also had other impressive showings, pre-crisis, but that's the only one overly impressive under Kirby (there are others under Kirby, but there weren't as impressive, like vaporizing and resurrecting Desaad, or sending each of the Forever People through time)

Khazra Reborn
Personally I don't even know how people take Thanos and some of Starlin's other creations seriously. They're such shameless rip offs of Kirby's brilliant Fourth World work. I can hardly even look at them without getting irritated, I know companies rip each other off all the time, but Starlin was so shameless about it, he legitimately just mushed Darkseid and Merton together, added some ugly ass colors and called it Thanos. Gross.

abhilegend
And repeats the same story again and again, "Thanos gains the ultimate power, more ULTIMATE THAN THE LAST ULTIMATE POWER."

Khazra Reborn
"BUT HE HAS SELF ESTEEM PROBLEMS, SO HE BEATS HIMSELF. BUT HE DIDN'T LOSE TO ANYONE ELSE. DON'T YOU DARE SAY HE LOST TO SOMEONE, I'LL RETCON THAT SHIT, I SWEAR. "

pym-ftw
... At least we get a tangible reason for a power-up not just a "the story called for it."

SamZED
Hear that? Sh1tstorm is coming.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
"BUT HE HAS SELF ESTEEM PROBLEMS, SO HE BEATS HIMSELF. BUT HE DIDN'T LOSE TO ANYONE ELSE. DON'T YOU DARE SAY HE LOST TO SOMEONE, I'LL RETCON THAT SHIT, I SWEAR. "
"ONLY ADAM WARLOCK CAN BEAT THANOS AND THAT WOULD BE VERBAL BEATDOWN ONLY. THANOS BEATS EVERYONE AND THEN ESCAPES AT THE END."Originally posted by pym-ftw
... At least we get a tangible reason for a power-up not just a "the story called for it."
laughing out loud

Badabing
Sin opened a thread asking a simple question. I left it open on good faith that people could reply to the thread topic and not go into fanboy induced hysteria.

DarkSaint85
Hahaha Bada is so naive.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Badabing
Sin opened a thread asking a simple question. I left it open on good faith that people could reply to the thread topic and not go into fanboy induced hysteria.
I'm not a darkseid fanboy.

uhuh

Just having a little fun BTW.

God Cloth Seiya
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Personally I don't even know how people take Thanos and some of Starlin's other creations seriously. They're such shameless rip offs of Kirby's brilliant Fourth World work. I can hardly even look at them without getting irritated, I know companies rip each other off all the time, but Starlin was so shameless about it, he legitimately just mushed Darkseid and Merton together, added some ugly ass colors and called it Thanos. Gross. thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

My friend... do tell me what feats the TRUE form DS has and how he's beaten in such form?

Inhuman
Similar to to Sentry "In Theory" equaling a million or billion exploding suns

Something that may have had relevance once but now has little to nothing to do with their current portrayals.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.