Amazing Spider-man 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Movie was hot @$$ but I guess it deserves a thread.

Discuss

DARTH POWER
I liked it but was slightly disappointed because I was expecting it to be much better.

Hated the marketing. They showed 90% of the action in all the trailers and tv spots.

pym-ftw
The fact the movie didn't go into Norman spying on Peter but kept the Twilight time passing rip off scene pretty much told me this movie wasn't for me.

I really liked the sound effects and inner monologue of Electro.

They undercut Dane Deehan/Harry so bad I have no intrest in a sinister six movie already.

Now onto my Nerd rage.

Why wasn't Felicia Blonde?
The F*** was up with the Rhino
Did Shumacher write Max's part.
Why did Harry need spider blood when his company produces literal plot armor?
How did Gwen get across New York that fast to help with Electro?
Why did a geneticist know the power grid?
Why the F*** did Mark Webb cut out the fight between Harry & Peter after Gwen died?

I'd put spoiler tags around these but honestly the commercials ruined all these "spoilers"

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Why the F*** did Mark Webb cut out the fight between Harry & Peter after Gwen died?

There was another fight after she died? Man that so shouldn't have been cut! The film could have used that. And would have been awesome seeing Parker so pissed and for the first time going for the kill!

Femi32
I'm not a big fan of this movie or the last one. I don't know if it's the tone or Garfields' portrayal of Parker. They've done a better job of showing how difficult it is for Parker to be Spider-man than Raimi's movie, but they've only shown glimpses of it. It would've been nice to see more of this and less of his romantic conflicts.

JayDaDon
I loved seeing the effort put in to make the jokey Spidey. But alot of his jokes fell flat. A few I did find genuinely funny like the fireman's hat gag. Everything else in the movie was lacking though. The leaps in logic taken to make Harry the goblin were grand to say the least. He just starts crawling to the suit and glider for no real resaon lol.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
There was another fight after she died? Man that so shouldn't have been cut! The film could have used that. And would have been awesome seeing Parker so pissed and for the first time going for the kill! the fight was shot but from here out this is the rumor as I haven't seen it confirmed.

Mark Webb had to add the DOFP teaser in order for him to get out of a Fox deal, supposedly their was 30 minutes cut from the film to add the Sinister Six teasers, as apparently the Rhino scene was supposed to be the post credit scene.

They cut MJ & most of Harry's time before finding out he would be leading the Sinister Six.

DARTH POWER
Well rumour has it that Sony are rethinking their whole Amazing Spider-Man franchise and shared universe now after TASM2 had ended being the lowest grossing Spider-Man movie to date (and by quite a bit), and with a rumoured budget of 250mill+(a budget they still are not disclosing publicly) and with marketing costs of almost another 200mill, it's probably only made a very tiny profit. Apparently TASM3 will be delayed by a year, whilst the Sinister Six movie may Happen first(presumably to stop TASM3 being another build up to Sinister Six). But there's even rumours of a another reboot!

JayDaDon
I dont think another sony reboot would go over so hot. ESPECIALLY if it takes place with peter in high school AGAIN.

Kazenji
If they are seriously considering another reboot....**** off Sony and just hand the rights back to Marvel.

DARTH POWER
I think the reboot thing is just speculation. I seriously doubt they'll do that, as it would only have an even worse impact on the box office.

Here's one of the link reporting the delay:

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/rumour-the-amazing-spider-man-3-delayed-until-2017#null

But honestly given Sony was expecting TASM2 to make a Billion Dollars, it's only natural they will rethink their plans going forward. They can't afford to waste another Spider-Man movie building up the Universe for Spin-Off films.

I still can't find the budget for TASM2 anywhere, so I'm guessing it's so high that added to the ridiculous marketing costs and factoring the cut the theatres take, it's probably barely made a profit. Even though it's hit the $700mill mark in gross earnings.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Kazenji
If they are seriously considering another reboot....**** off Sony and just hand the rights back to Marvel.

Seriously. The only annoying thing is he's the last character any studio would give up.

SamZED
Watched it a second time, liked it even more. Don't get where all the hate is coming from. Although... a New Avengers movie would be nice...

pym-ftw
180 degree tone shifts and Originally posted by pym-ftw
The fact the movie didn't go into Norman spying on Peter but kept the Twilight time passing rip off scene pretty much told me this movie wasn't for me.

I really liked the sound effects and inner monologue of Electro.

They undercut Dane Deehan/Harry so bad I have no intrest in a sinister six movie already.

Now onto my Nerd rage.

Why wasn't Felicia Blonde?
The F*** was up with the Rhino
Did Shumacher write Max's part.
Why did Harry need spider blood when his company produces literal plot armor?
How did Gwen get across New York that fast to help with Electro?
Why did a geneticist know the power grid?

I'd put spoiler tags around these but honestly the commercials ruined all these "spoilers" this stuff.

SamZED
My only problem with Rhino is we've seen his entire scene in the trailer. Not like he had that much of a personality to begin with.
Black Cat.. I don't mind the hair but she was basically Gwen Stacey from Raimi's SM3. Just there for no reason whatsoever with a completely changed personality.
Harry's armor only slowed down the decease, he still needed Spider's blood and it was hidden.

pym-ftw
it wasn't hidden from Norman... i mean no body over the age of 6 believes he died but damn.

Badabing
This movie...it was meh to me. The action scenes were good. The rest was meh.

Kazenji
Wow so much cut from the movie

why isn't there a directors cut announced.

DARTH POWER
TASM 3 delayed until 2018!

But will get Sinister Six in 2016.

Still no dates confirmed regarding Venom.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/23/5930553/sinister-six-spider-man-spin-off-coming-2016

Stoic
I just watched it. I thought it was very good. I like the way that they are playing it with this Spider Man. While they've left out certain key parts, at least they're following a timeline unlike the other movies. Electro was great.He seemed a bit over powered though. When I saw his power levels the first thing that I thought, was that he would probably be able to give the FF a run for their money (barring weakness exploitation of course). Can't wait for the 3rd movie.

DARTH POWER
Soo... Apparently in 2016 on top of the Sinister Six we're also getting a Female Superhero from the Spider-Man Universe.

Then Venom in 2017. And finally TASM3 in 2018.

So will be a heck of a build up to TASM3.

Inhuman
Sony is really trying to milk every damn property they own. guessing its spider woman.

also i dont see how a solo venom movie will work without Venom first fighting peter and being his enemy.

JayDaDon
You know I actually wonder who owns the movie rights to Jessica Drew(Spider-woman). She isn't really a Spider-man character, like they said in New avengers, the only relation they have whatsoever is in name.

Golgo13
Spider-woman? Awesome.

pym-ftw
whistle
It's obviously Black Cat
What the f**k?

Inhuman
Originally posted by pym-ftw
whistle
It's obviously Black Cat
What the f**k?

May Parker : prequel to ASM

BruceSkywalker
prolly felicity jones will become black cat....

garfield will be replaced prolly for spider man 3 lmao

pym-ftw
Okay I'm predicting a love triange with SM,BC&GG because the "amazingverse" feels closer to the hunger games, devergant & twilight than the Avengers.

Kazenji
Originally posted by JayDaDon
You know I actually wonder who owns the movie rights to Jessica Drew(Spider-woman). She isn't really a Spider-man character, like they said in New avengers, the only relation they have whatsoever is in name.

I'd presume Marvel has her rights since she's related to Hydra.

DARTH POWER
Possibilities for who it can be:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/05/spider-man-which-female-character-will-get-her-own-movie

The Original Jessica Drew Spider-Woman from Avengers seems unlikely as she doesn't have much relation to Spider-Man so the rights are likely with Marvel (Makes me wonder why Marvel hasn't jumped on that).

But there are multiple other versions of Spider-Woman they can use. There's also the possibility of Firestar... That I'd love, to get a big screen version of Spider-Man and his Amazing friends (with someone filling in for Ice-Man), but realistically I know that'll never happen.

jinXed by JaNx
just watched this the other day. Maybe it's just me but I never felt like I was watching a Spiderman movie. Everything in this movie felt generic. That opening scene was pointless. I thought Garfield did ok though. I really like Spiderman being Spiderman but there wasn't much of that

DARTH POWER
So apparently Sony's financial problems are just getting worse and worse:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/09/17/sony-s-financial-woes-nearly-quintuple-after-second-quarter-mobile-phone-troubles.aspx

Please Marvel, just strike at them now. Get Spidey back!

80sBaby
This was the best Spider-Man film we've gotten, so far.

Garfield WAS Peter and his chemistry with Stone was fantastic. The fight choreography was tight and Spidey moved like you'd expect him to. He was actually funny, which is also a plus.

My only real criticism is that Harry's transformation into the GG felt rushed. Other than that, I liked it. Much better than DOFP, imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.