Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Stark

Eminence
Pirates.

Just saying.

Nephthys
Either that or Maul hired some pirates to handle him. wink

Edit: ****, beaten by a hair.

Lord Stark
Good to see Dooku babyshaking some Nightbrothers though.
Sploosh.

Eminence
So I guess Palpatine just... lets him go?

Emperordmb
Nah... the mandalorians break him out

Nephthys
Sidious wasn't mad, he was just disappointed.

DARTH POWER
It says in the summary of the second issue that Darth Maul gets reinforcements from the Nightbrothers to take down Dooku and Grievous. And in the first issue he's still got his Mandalorian army. So he's not going to capture him in a one on one fight or anything.

The younger powerful Jedi/Sith like Kenobi, Maul and Skywalker are not usually going to be a match for the Older, more learned ones like Windu, Dooku and obviously Yoda/Sidious.

Eminence
Maybe he'll survive and pop back up in the new trilogy!

smile

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Eminence

smile

Well that obviously won't happen. But in all seriousness I hope he survives and at some point pops up in the new animation "Rebels'. Simply because I think it would be a great injustice to the character to kill him off in a comic book.

Nephthys

smile

Hnnnnng! No thanks. >:[

Eminence
Spin-off?

edit: I really hope they keep him out of Rebels unless they're adapting that Visionaries bit. And even then. I'd like this Inquisitor to not get, like, completely overshadowed.

Stealth Moose
Like some people. Grievous, Durge, etc.

Eminence
I miss Durge. I miss him bad.

edit: and Grievous.

sad

DarthAnt66
I can't wait to see Dooku meet Maul!

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I can't wait to see Dooku meet Maul!
agreed bro

Stealth Moose
At this point, the fighting is getting more contrived then the IM/Cap v. Thor in The Avengers. Maybe Han Solo can fist fight Wedge in new media too.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
At this point, the fighting is getting more contrived then the IM/Cap v. Thor in The Avengers. Maybe Han Solo can fist fight Wedge in new media too. It'll be up to Han to survive an onslaught from the mighty Lando, who is pissed that he lost the Falcon. It'll be told over the course of an entire season of Rebels, and will be lubricated with the reflexive semen of tasteless fanboys.

Darth Abonis
I'm looking foward to this. The first entry into new canon. I wan't Maul to die though.

King Joker
I'm so pissed the one ****ing time we get Maul vs. Dooku on screen TCW gets ****ing cancelled! But, when is it coming out? How many volumes are there? Where can I get it?

Emperordmb
4 volumes, 1st one is later this month IIRC

NewGuy01
The first issue is coming out on May 21st.

The following 3 volumes out of the set of four will be released throughout the summer into the fall.

King Joker
Where would I get them when they come out?

Darth Abonis
A local comic book store?

DarthAnt66
The nearest for me is 2 hours away.
piratebay will be my savior.

DARTH POWER

Or you could just order it from Amazon, or other online stores.

But a bit annoying it's going to take another 3 months to get the whole series.

PTforthewin
piratebay will be my savior. I might need to report you

DarthAnt66
BkIJsnLBA4c
Where do you think I got all my scans from, brah?

Emperordmb
I ****in love that line...
DEW IT!!!

WildBantha88
Darth Maul gets al this material and yet there are a bunch of important sith who never even got a mention in a book :/ (im talking about Darth Ruin)

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Darth Maul gets al this material and yet there are a bunch of important sith who never even got a mention in a book :/ (im talking about Darth Ruin)

Darth Ruin doesn't make tons of fanboys moist like Maul does.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Darth Ruin doesn't make tons of fanboys moist like Maul does. your moms a fanboy, BURN!

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by PTforthewin
your moms a fanboy, BURN!
your face. oooh COUNTER - BURN!

Stealth Moose
your moms a fanboy, BURN!

Lol. Weaksauce.

Lord Stark
I am actually really hoping for a Maul and Talzin vs. Dooku fight, anyone else pumped for this?

King Joker
Maul vs. Dooku would've been freakin' awesome!

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Lord Stark
I am actually really hoping for a Maul and Talzin vs. Dooku fight, anyone else pumped for this? I am, on a side note, do you think they'll be able to defeat the count?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I am, on a side note, do you think they'll be able to defeat the count?

Either they do as a team, Maul solos, or Maul and the nightbrothers do considering Dooku is their prisoner in Issue 3. I am interested in seeing who are the members of the Elite Jedi Strike team. It would be AMAZING, if it was Mace and Obi-Wan and we also got to see Mace vs. Dooku.

King Joker
I'm curious who the Jedi strike team will be as well. Maybe the team contains Eeth Koth, his death is unknown.

NTJack0
your moms a fanboy, BURN! You sound like you had a confusing childhood.

DARTH POWER
I am interested in seeing who are the members of the Elite Jedi Strike team. It would be AMAZING, if it was Mace and Obi-Wan and we also got to see Mace vs. Dooku.

Lol your getting a bit overexcited there Lord Stark!

I don't think we'll see a Mace vs Dooku, because we were initially supposed to get that in the Mace/Jar Jar episode, but the creators decided the plot would make more sense if it was Mother Talzin wanting to absorb all the power of the Force instead of Dooku.

Nalaniel
I hope Maul won't be able to solo Dooku. I like Dooku more, but if it happens, I'm okay with it.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nalaniel
I hope Maul won't be able to solo Dooku. I like Dooku more, but if it happens, I'm okay with it.

I wouldn't be ok with it, and it's not going to happen. Since we know Dooku is still the apprentice come ROTS.

Even giving Dooku a decent fight would be a huge feat for Maul considering he's not even been able to defeat Kenobi so far.

Emperordmb
I hope Maul gives Dooku a good fight.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Lol your getting a bit overexcited there Lord Stark!

I don't think we'll see a Mace vs Dooku, because we were initially supposed to get that in the Mace/Jar Jar episode, but the creators decided the plot would make more sense if it was Mother Talzin wanting to absorb all the power of the Force instead of Dooku.

Silence! Its possible okay?

Nalaniel
Even giving Dooku a decent fight would be a huge feat for Maul considering he's not even been able to defeat Kenobi so far.

True.

The_Tempest
For the final issue...

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/129/201/i300/SWDarthMaulDathomir_4.jpg

http://philly.barstoolsports.com/files/2012/04/HermanCainGrin.gif

Eminence
NOOOOOOOOOO

ares834
So I'm assuming we will see the death of both Talzin and Maul. Hmm, shame we aren't getting this arc on TV.

The_Tempest
Yeah. This would have been awesome on screen.

Eminence, what's with the no?

Eminence
I don't want Mother Talzin to die.

sad

The_Tempest
She's squaring off with the greatest, most powerful, most intelligent, most important, fastest, strongest, smartest, best looking character in Star Wars. She's toast, man.

Eminence
I suppose it's preferable to the endless number of duels without consequences that have been canonized in TCW, e.g. pretty much everything with Dooku, Ventress, and Grievous.

edit: but also, is she fighting Han Solo?

The_Tempest
Ventress is technically fair game, though.

Eminence
I like her arc in TCW and I understand catering to the needs of the demographic (re:nerds), but a lot of the excitement for these duels get diluted for me because there are so goddamn many of them. It's an issue the Tartakovsky series was allowed handle much more satisfyingly. Generally, though, I guess this show's been better about that than most. Plenty of death and maiming.

edit: and Ventress has to feature in a spin-off. It's what I was tentatively hoping would happen with Talzin, I'm a big fan of the voice/aesthetics on that one.

DARTH POWER
It will be really bad of them to kill Maul in a comic book Imho.

Anyway Talzin and Maul vs Sidious should be fun. Curse them for not making the damn episode!

Nalaniel
Anyway Talzin and Maul vs Sidious should be fun. Curse them for not making the damn episode!

Why did they cancel the Clone Wars?! T_T
Maul and Talzin will definitely die. :<

Lord Stark

ares834
"Count Dooku is possessed by the spirit of Mother Talzin

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1489/14891079/2437050-1395088810-colin.gif

Lord Stark
I cannot believe they didn't animate this. What a waste.

Emperordmb
I'm wondering if Dooku's mental fortitude will come into question after the comic's release.

Darth Abonis
Their is a possibility for a major continuity problem to arise. From what I can tell, this series takes place immediately after The Lawless, and Talzin appears a whole bunch of episodes later in the Disappeared. If Talzin dies, they might have to change the chronology by pushing the Disappeared arc up a lot further.

ares834
Or it could take place a few months after Lawless....

Darth Abonis
I have an advance copy. The Mandalorians followed Sidious's ship from Mandalore to Stygeon. I think they'd have to follow it immediately.

ares834
If you actually have an advanced copy then post spoilers (and not stuff from the preview). Anyway, that doesn't preclude the possibility of there being a large time gap between them freeing Maul and the final duel against Palpatine.

Darth Abonis
I'm not allowed to post spoilers. I review comics online and I can't give it anyone. All I know is one of the Mandalorian supercomandos says, we followed Maul's ship from Stygeon.

ares834
Sure... wink

Darth Abonis
Don't make me spoil it for you......

ares834
Doubt you could. smile

Darth Abonis
Your lucky I felt bad for you and deleted the spoiler.

NewGuy01
lol

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Your lucky I felt bad for you and deleted the spoiler.

PM me this spoiler immediately or I call bullshit.

Lord Stark
Wait a minute...what if Sidious fights off posessed Dooku, Talzin and Maul http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series3/uwaheq2.png

Nephthys
Hax.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Hax.

No earthly power shall be able to contain Tempests' boner if that happened.

Lord Stark
Not bad Grievous, not bad at all.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Oh yeah how's the new comic? Any notable feats?

Lord Stark
Well Grievous doesn't get instantly owned by Maul, he actually doesn't get owned at all. Granted they only clash for like a panel (but it'd likely be longer if it were animated). Maul actually has to retreat since his army gets murked.

Also Dooku and Grievous are destroying Maul's powerbase so that he retreats to Talzin and then they can kill Talzin. Apparently Sidious and her have a history/ rivalry.

Nephthys
Jilted lover, calling it.

Galan007
Maul/Grievous:
http://imgur.com/iJuOWVo
http://imgur.com/xS5GBbS
http://imgur.com/3VT7ois
http://imgur.com/PGSanf8
http://imgur.com/3VVEc7P
http://imgur.com/mED4rnK
http://imgur.com/ZN0L1Oy
http://imgur.com/Lz120gO
http://imgur.com/aM7IuWF

Next month: Dooku vs. The Nightbrothers:
http://imgur.com/B2JNhRg

NewGuy01
Nice, we have a new feat for Maul in those images you posted, Galan. He Force Repulses a couple dozen droids, there.

http://i.imgur.com/3VT7ois.jpg

WildBantha88
We have Grievous dodging blaster fire here

http://i.imgur.com/mED4rnK.jpg

And Maul loosing to Grievious here

http://i.imgur.com/ZN0L1Oy.jpg

Tzeentch
I hope Grievous tears him to shreds.

He'll probably just beaten up and sorta/kinda stalemate him and then run away with some diversion.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I hope Grievous tears him to shreds.

He'll probably just beaten up and sorta/kinda stalemate him and then run away with some diversion. Grievous needs it. He keeps getting beaten and beaten and getting more underpowered and underpowered. I want him to kick someones ass like maul again so that people respect him again

Galan007
Holy mega-scans! Christ, I already posted links on the last page... Did you really need to post annoyingly large images, too? srsly

Anyway, I was also happy that Maul didn't just tool Grievous with ease--'bout time the good General was given some respect by his writer. thumb up

Lord Stark
Also interesting to note that Grievous was likely holding back. Dooku explicitly tells him NOT to kill Maul. Also interesting that Dooku thinks Grievous is more than capable of bringing him down.

NewGuy01
I doubt Grievous was holding back against such a powerful adversary.

Still, I think it's cool that they're trying to bring back the times when Grievous was an insurmountable badass.

You can tell in both his lines and the way he's drawn that he's back to being the highly sophisticated military general rather than his clumsier interpretations in recent media.

PTforthewin
Mandalorians suck that much? They seemed a lot cooler in TCW episodes, if the mandalorians where the Neo-crusaders in this they would win

The_Tempest
Very good issue. Probably could have stood to double the length of the story, though. You can tell this was made for a 20 minute episode.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I doubt Grievous was holding back against such a powerful adversary.

Still, I think it's cool that they're trying to bring back the times when Grievous was an insurmountable badass.

You can tell in both his lines and the way he's drawn that he's back to being the highly sophisticated military general rather than his clumsier interpretations in recent media.

Hmmm, I dunno. Dooku's specific orders not to kill him probably did affect him. And hell yes, I like that they are doing this as well, and I enjoy Dooku finally being pleased with his performance. I wish we could have gotten badass Grievous moments like the destruction of Humbarine and his victory at Duros though.

The_Tempest
Grievous can't take Maul in a "fair" one-on-one; not only does it defy everything Lucas and Filoni have to say about the general, Maul lampshades it, and Grievous orders his MagnaGuards to "soften him up" before he himself enters the fray. Maul's retreat owes more to the utter decimation of his forces than to inferiority to Grievous. The general can hold his own in a strict duel, but once the Force enters the equation, Maul will win every single time.

Badass!Grievous is more of a brilliant and overwhelming commander than a Jedi killing thug. Glad we got to see that aspect of the character emphasized.

Lord Lucien
Hopefully it'll stay that way. RotS and TCW completely removed his balls and made him in to a coughing Dr. Claw. "I'll get you next time, Jedi! Next time!"

No voice in a comic so we don't have to hear his stupid accent. Wish they would put him back to more of a silent antagonist akin to his old animated self.

Emperordmb
Mandalorians suck that much? They seemed a lot cooler in TCW episodes, if the mandalorians where the Neo-crusaders in this they would win
To be fair the Separatists are not ****ing around here.

I did not see one regular battle droid (the incompetent sad sacks of shit). Their army in that battle was entirely Super Battle Droids, Droidekas, Commando Droids, and Magnaguards.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Hopefully it'll stay that way. RotS and TCW completely removed his balls and made him in to a coughing Dr. Claw. "I'll get you next time, Jedi! Next time!"

No voice in a comic so we don't have to hear his stupid accent. Wish they would put him back to more of a silent antagonist akin to his old animated self.

Stover's Grievous was far and away the best Grievous, better than ROTS!Grievous, TCW!Grievous, and yes, even CW!Grievous.

Lord Lucien
I haven't read any of the books with him in it. Did he fit more in line with the CW version?

The_Tempest
Yeah. Stover's Grievous was in the ROTS novel. And was also apparently more in line with earlier scripted versions of Grievous. The Star Wars: Storyboards book for the prequels intimated that Grievous was originally much more badass. To the extent that he was outright impervious to lightsabers, necessitating Obi-Wan's defeat of him via a precision blaster bolt as in the movie.

Lord Lucien
That would make sense for a supreme commander who fights against lightsabers. I have to read the novelization again, I remember thoroughly enjoying it.

The_Tempest
That would make sense for a supreme commander who fights against lightsabers. I have to read the novelization again, I remember thoroughly enjoying it.

It's great.

In the original storyboard, Obi-Wan tries to stab Grievous in the face on the bridge of his destroyer and Grievous catches it barehanded. Cue Obi-Wan's Oh Crap look and Grievous boots him across the room, sans lightsaber.

But, as I said, my issue with Grievous is ultimately that TCW did little to portray him as anything other than a thug. Given that his primary use to the Separatists, Dooku, and Sidious is as a military commander, it's more important that we see him kick ass from his chair than in the field.

Lord Lucien
Would have made a great contrast to his appearance. You'd look at him and only think of him as a weapon, but then he'd bust out this amazing strategy or tactical maneuver and blow everyone's minds. And then drop down on the battlefield and beat up a few Jedi. That's an actual villain.

WildBantha88
Would have made a great contrast to his appearance. You'd look at him and only think of him as a weapon, but then he'd bust out this amazing strategy or tactical maneuver and blow everyone's minds. And then drop down on the battlefield and beat up a few Jedi. That's an actual villain. I want that!!!!!! gimme that grievous! GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

http://themamafesto.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/gimme.gif

Galan007
Someone else mentioned it earlier, but Grievous casually dodging close-range blaster fire impressed me quite a bit.

Tbh, his overall depiction in this one issue couldn't have been much better. Very glad to see him painted in this type of light again. thumb up

WildBantha88
no I pointed that out already

Nephthys
Originally posted by Galan007
Someone else mentioned it earlier, but Grievous casually dodging close-range blaster fire impressed me quite a bit.

The TOR Smuggler has done that too. wink

Still impressive though. Also, I agree with Tempests assessment.

Lord Stark
Reading the novel:
"Grievous. The most prolific slaughterer of Jedi since Durge."

Impressive considering Durge has thousands of years on him.

Also pretty interesting that Grievous has no fear. Hell yeah.

Eminence
Panel of Grievous dodging blasterfire is incredibly badass. Glad he's not jobbing for once, physically or tactically, and finally being rid of the disgusting voice adopted post-Tartakovsky is a dream.

NewGuy01
I very strongly suspect after reading this comic that Talzin is going to be revealed as Maul's biological mother.

I know Maul's mother has been in novels before, but TCW has never been afraid of retconning the EU, and that's really what this seems to be pointing to.

DARTH POWER
Also interesting to note that Grievous was likely holding back. Dooku explicitly tells him NOT to kill Maul. Also interesting that Dooku thinks Grievous is more than capable of bringing him down.

Nah. He wouldn't be stupid enough to hold back against a Sith Lord as powerful as Maul. Plus it seems Grievous was disarmed of one Saber just as/before he kicks Maul.

Also Maul's put down multiple destroyer droids in one force wave there (makes Dooku being caught by those pirates seem even more stupid now). So it's pretty clear as soon as Maul uses the Force on Grievous, he would go down hard.

Lord Stark
Nah. He wouldn't be stupid enough to hold back against a Sith Lord as powerful as Maul. Plus it seems Grievous was disarmed of one Saber just as/before he kicks Maul.

Also Maul's put down multiple destroyer droids in one force wave there (makes Dooku being caught by those pirates seem even more stupid now). So it's pretty clear as soon as Maul uses the Force on Grievous, he would go down hard.

True. Artistic error its exactly where Grievous is holding it.

Indeed it does. And I don't think so. Maul has no reason to not kill Grievous. + He'd likely dodge the TK if he's back to his Tartokovsky levels. excellent

The_Tempest
Nah, Maul would tool Grievous with the Force. But that's okay, because Grievous doesn't have to be on par with Maul to be a threat. Again, he's a military commander first and Jedi killer a distant, distant second.

DARTH POWER
Artistic error its exactly where Grievous is holding it.

Just means he disarmed him that same second. Can't just jump into artistic errors stick out tongue Plus he ordered his magnaguards to soften Maul up before he engaged him.

But yeah if we think about it Grievous has always been a threat to Jedi/Sith in pure Sabers. It's only when they use TK that the higher level Jedi tend to overpower him without too much difficulty.

Darth Abonis
The duel was disappointingly short. They locked blades and Grievous kicked him away.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Nah, Maul would tool Grievous with the Force. But that's okay, because Grievous doesn't have to be on par with Maul to be a threat. Again, he's a military commander first and Jedi killer a distant, distant second.

I dunno about distant second.

"He has never constructed a lightsaber. He has never bought one,
nor has he recovered one that was lost. Each and all, he has taken
from the dead hands of Jedi he has killed. Personally.
He has many, many such trophies; the four he carries with him
are his particular favorites. One belonged to the interminable
K'Kruhk, whom he had bested at Hypori; another to the
Viraanntesse Jedi Jmmaar, who'd fallen at Vandos; the other two
had been created by Puroth and Nystammall, whom Grievous had
slaughtered together on the flame-grass plains of Tovarskl so that
each would know the other's death, as well as their own;
these are murders he recalls with so much pleasure that
touching these souvenirs with his hands of armorplast and durasteel
brings him something resembling joy."

He has bodyguards designed for killing Jedi, and he is stated to be the most prolific Jedi hunter since Durge who has 2,000 years more experience killing Jedi than he does.

Galan007
and he is stated to be the most prolific Jedi hunter since Durge who has 2,000 years more experience killing Jedi than he does. Sauce?

I only ask because I figured that title would go to Vader...

Lord Stark
Sauce?

I only ask because I figured that title would go to Vader...

ROTS novel, Vader didn't exist then.

Nephthys
I don't see Vader as being the most prolific Jedi killer. Not unless Order 66 was even more ineffective than I thought.

SIDIOUS 66
The TOR Smuggler has done that too.

Which is stupid and makes me question the speed of blaster bolts in that era or perhaps the accuracy of the shooter, instead of making me believe that a mere smuggler is just that badass (lol). In Grievous' case, he is a cyborg equipped with superhuman reflexes and speed, which makes it very much understandable.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure why most everyone one is so impressed with Grievous' performance against Maul. Landing a single kick on Maul--who had just escaped from a prison in which he was probably constantly tortured, perhaps somewhat starved, and thus a bit weakened by Sidious, and had just fought against droids and Grievous' personal body guards--isn't something to be overly surprised about, considering his consistent battering of Kenobi. TCW has been pretty good to the general with respect to combat. His only low showing was against gungans, which was somewhat circumstantial on account of GG underestimating them. The only jedi who has casually owned GG in a saber duel was Fisto, which isn't that bad considering Kit's reputation as a swordsman. Every other jedi he has faced he has given them hell, though in a few cases Grievous did have help (against Koth, for example). The only bad thing about Grievous in TCW is his comical personality (which actually fits his movie portrayal) and his incompetence as a leader; but other than that, his combat showings have been extremely impressive for the most part despite Filoni's statement that he's no match for a master level without circumstance on his side, which Filoni hardly ever depicted as being the case within the series. I've never been disappointed in TCW Grievous as far as combat is concerned. In fact, I've always been more disappointed with the fact that Kenobi has consistently been battered and floored by Grievous, as I've always had a problem with a non-force sensitive being able to match a powerful master, though in Grievous case, I guess it should be more acceptable considering his superhuman physicality, which is likely the reason it's hard to tag Grievous with the force in close combat.

Galan007
ROTS novel, Vader didn't exist then. doh

I remember that now. For some reason I always associate Durge with comics, so I was thinking that statement was made somewhere in a comic book that I'd missed. Cheers. thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Which is stupid and makes me question the speed of blaster bolts in that era or perhaps the accuracy of the shooter, instead of making me believe that a mere smuggler is just that badass (lol). In Grievous' case, he is a cyborg equipped with superhuman reflexes and speed, which makes it very much understandable.

Its possible for the Smuggler to also be a cyborg equipped with superhuman reflexes and speed, as well as several reflex-enhancing technologies and stim and adrenals.

Also its rather consistent with the Smugglers other feats of defeating Sith Lords and the like.

SIDIOUS 66
Its possible for the Smuggler to also be a cyborg equipped with superhuman reflexes and speed, as well as several reflex-enhancing technologies and stim and adrenals.

Also its rather consistent with the Smugglers other feats of defeating Sith Lords and the like.

Ah, I see. Well then, that's understandable.

The smuggler you're referring to, was he a cyborg, or just equipped with advanced technology as Pre Vizsla was?

Nephthys
Cyborg is a playable species for the Smuggler in TOR. And all the classes have access to reflex-enhancing cybernetic implants (like Canderous has). As well as combat stims and adrenals that boost fighting ability. Plus as I pointed out in another thread, depending on if you see equipment descriptions as canon, technology could be built into equipment to enhance strength and speed.

All of these are just possibilities. No concrete info on any of the classes really exists outside of the descriptions on the website and in Swtore.

SIDIOUS 66
I never did like being one of those fans who criticize and nitpick at every little mistake, but it has always irked me to see a random non-force sensitive hold off or land blows on a force user in close combat, as it contradicts the advantages a force user holds over them, which is more than just being able to move objects with their minds. It's like the writers forget that these are the guys who casually deflect and/or evade multiple blaster bolts even at close range, which is something hard to forget seeing as how it happens so frequently.

SIDIOUS 66
Cyborg is a playable species for the Smuggler in TOR. And all the classes have access to reflex-enhancing cybernetic implants (like Canderous has). As well as combat stims and adrenals that boost fighting ability. Plus as I pointed out in another thread, depending on if you see equipment descriptions as canon, technology could be built into equipment to enhance strength and speed.

All of these are just possibilities. No concrete info on any of the classes really exists outside of the descriptions on the website and in Swtore.

Well I can overlook him being able to hold his own against force users or being able to dodge blaster bolts then, as long as there are at least hints as to why he's capable of these.

So I'm alright with that.

Darth Abonis
It might be different to block blaster bolts than to fight a much wider living target.

red8
Anybody notice that part of the Plagueis novel has now been retconned?

Apparently Talzin brought Maul to Sidious now instead of Maul's mother trying to save Maul from Talzin.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by red8
Anybody notice that part of the Plagueis novel has now been retconned?

Apparently Talzin brought Maul to Sidious now instead of Maul's mother trying to save Maul from Talzin.

Doesn't matter. The whole EU is officially not canon to the movies and TCW.

DarthAnt66
Not true.
The movie novels are still canon.

DarthAnt66
Awesome comic! Worth the 5 second download. wink

Also a nice accolade for Talzin:
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/416.jpg

DARTH POWER
Not true.
The movie novels are still canon.

Even that's debatable as they are written by authors who will just mix other EU stuff into them.

Galan007
Doesn't matter. Any portion(s) of the film-based novelizations that do not directly conflict with on-screen happenings, are canon.

Galan007
Awesome comic! Worth the 5 second download. wink

Also a nice accolade for Talzin:
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/416.jpg "The fact that Maul lives is proof enough that Grievous failed to destroy her."

I wonder if Palpatine's statement implies that Maul/Talzin share a common life-bond brought forth by magic? Meaning: when one lives, both live--but when one dies, both die? If so, this could likely turn into a '2 birds/one stone' scenario. ie. Palps kills Talzin, which will kills Maul by proxy(or vice versa.)

...mmm

DARTH POWER
^ Nah if that were true Then Palpatine would just kill Maul. I think he means how else was Maul revived. Remember his revival was after Grievous' s forces destroyed the nightsisters.

Q99
Reading the novel:
"Grievous. The most prolific slaughterer of Jedi since Durge."

Impressive considering Durge has thousands of years on him.

Mind you, (1) since Durge, so not counting Durge, and (2) how many Jedi slaughters have their been in between? Aurra Sing and... pretty much just Aurra Sing, right?

Originally posted by The_Tempest

Maul doesn't typically leap to force usage first.

Griev specifically let some of the other droid forces tire him out a bit before jumping in, and thus it doesn't surprise me that he did so well.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
To be fair the Separatists are not ****ing around here.

I did not see one regular battle droid (the incompetent sad sacks of shit). Their army in that battle was entirely Super Battle Droids, Droidekas, Commando Droids, and Magnaguards.

Plus, superior numbers. Mandos are good and all, but they're hardly invincible, such a high end droid force willing to soak a lot of losses is fairly overwhelming.

Galan007
^ Nah if that were true Then Palpatine would just kill Maul. I think he means how else was Maul revived. Remember his revival was after Grievous' s forces destroyed the nightsisters. Probably. I'm just speculating, is all. thumb up

WildBantha88
Maul dispatched those magna guards with ease, they didn't tire him out at all. Grievous is just that bad ass

Q99

Try Dark Horse digital.

DARTH POWER
Maul dispatched those magna guards with ease, they didn't tire him out at all. Grievous is just that bad ass

How do you know he didn't tire him at all? He was also force waving shit load of droids before that. Grievous is not THAT Bad ass. He's no match for Maul in a one on one fair fight to the end. And Maul and Grievous both know that.

WildBantha88
Grievous is not THAT Bad ass.

I beg to differ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQx_QLY8XM

Galan007
facepalm @ the low-balling.

If one force-wave and a meager two-page-long battle with a few Magnaguards were enough to significantly fatigue Maul, his stamina would be complete shit. Thanks to his battle with Palpatine in "The Lawless", however, we know that Maul's stamina is sufficient to engage in a MUCH more intense/rigorous battle, against a MUCH more powerful opponent, and for a MUCH greater duration of time than what we saw in this issue, without showing ANY signs of fatigue. Am I to believe this team of Magnaguards taxed him more than Palpatine did? Please. srsly

The answer here is simple: Grievous was able to give Maul a decent fight, because Grievous is just THAT good. Accept it and move on. thumb up

WildBantha88

If one force-wave and a meager two-page-long battle with a few Magnaguards were enough to significantly fatigue Maul, his stamina would be complete shit. Thanks to his battle with Palpatine in "The Lawless", however, we know that Maul's stamina is sufficient to engage in a MUCH more intense/rigorous battle, against a MUCH more powerful opponent, and for a MUCH greater duration of time than what we saw in this issue, without showing ANY signs of fatigue. Am I to believe this team of Magnaguards taxed him more than Palpatine did? Please. srsly

The answer here is simple: Grievous was able to give Maul a decent fight, because Grievous is just THAT good. Accept it and move on. thumb up You sir have my stamp of approval

DARTH POWER
I beg to differ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQx_QLY8XM

Not official canon.

DARTH POWER

The answer here is simple: Grievous was able to give Maul a decent fight, because Grievous is just THAT good. Accept it and move on. thumb up

It's hardly lowballing when Grievous himself told the magnaguards to go soften Maul up. Why did he do that if it was going to have no noticeable effect? It's not my theory, it was Grievous's, because Grievous himself knows he's no match for Maul in a fair one on one, as does Maul who said it.

And jeez what's with the "he's just that bad ass"? It was 1 Saber lock, then 1 kick (during which Grievous already seems disarmed of 1 Saber). We all know very well 1 Force wave and Grievous would be done. Just like Kenobi has done several times, and just like Eeth Koth did.

Filoni confirmed over a year ago that Grievous isn't in the same league as a Jedi/Sith of Ventres's caliber. So he certainly isn't in Maul's league. It happens with Kenobi as well. He meets Grievous in all sorts of circumstances, and gets kicked around now and then, but as soon as he gets the chance to use the Force Grievous is done.
And as Filoni also confirmed, as soon as Kenobi got Grievous down for a fair one on one in ROTS, we saw what happened there.

But I'll give this to Grievous, he usually is a threat to most Jedi in Sabers, but as soon as the Force comes into play the higher level ones take him out without much difficulty. In fact in a fair one on one the higher level ones should take a vast majority against him in pure Sabers too.

Galan007
It's hardly lowballing when Grievous himself told the magnaguards to go soften Maul up. Why did he do that if it was going to have no noticeable effect? It's not my theory, it was Grievous's, because Grievous himself knows he's no match for Maul in a fair one on one, as does Maul who said it. Lol, that was just Grievous talking. I/we have seen first-hand what Maul can do without becoming fatigued. That being said, do you honestly believe that a few Magnaguards were able to significantly tire Maul in a scant 2 page skirmish, when even an extended saber battle with Palpatine didn't appear to have? C'mon. srsly

And jeez what's with the "he's just that bad ass"? It was 1 Saber lock, then 1 kick (during which Grievous already seems disarmed of 1 Saber). We all know very well 1 Force wave and Grievous would be done. Just like Kenobi has done several times, and just like Eeth Koth did. I'm not saying that Maul couldn't have easily bested Grievous with the force--a pure saber melee is all I am referencing.

Imo, the fact that Maul did not hand GG his ass, or even gain a clear advantage during their confrontation, is impressive on the General's part, given that Maul is a peak-tier swordsman. thumb up

Filoni confirmed over a year ago that Grievous isn't in the same league as a Jedi/Sith of Ventres's caliber. Filoni isn't writing this comic, so I really don't care what he said in a years-old interview. The most current information=the most canon. smile

But I'll give this to Grievous, he usually is a threat to most Jedi in Sabers, but as soon as the Force comes into play the higher level ones take him out without much difficulty. ...A fact that I have never debated. thumb up

Lord Stark
It's hardly lowballing when Grievous himself told the magnaguards to go soften Maul up. Why did he do that if it was going to have no noticeable effect? It's not my theory, it was Grievous's, because Grievous himself knows he's no match for Maul in a fair one on one, as does Maul who said it.

And jeez what's with the "he's just that bad ass"? It was 1 Saber lock, then 1 kick (during which Grievous already seems disarmed of 1 Saber). We all know very well 1 Force wave and Grievous would be done. Just like Kenobi has done several times, and just like Eeth Koth did.

Filoni confirmed over a year ago that Grievous isn't in the same league as a Jedi/Sith of Ventres's caliber. So he certainly isn't in Maul's league. It happens with Kenobi as well. He meets Grievous in all sorts of circumstances, and gets kicked around now and then, but as soon as he gets the chance to use the Force Grievous is done.
And as Filoni also confirmed, as soon as Kenobi got Grievous down for a fair one on one in ROTS, we saw what happened there.

But I'll give this to Grievous, he usually is a threat to most Jedi in Sabers, but as soon as the Force comes into play the higher level ones take him out without much difficulty. In fact in a fair one on one the higher level ones should take a vast majority against him in pure Sabers too.

While I agree with most of what you are saying here, Grievous was not disarmed, and Ventress is not in a completely different league than he is.

Eminence
It's tough to tell because the perspective puts his foot in the way of his hand, but his fingers aren't actually wrapped around the hilt of the green lightsaber in that panel.

Lord Stark
It's tough to tell because the perspective puts his foot in the way of his hand, but his fingers aren't actually wrapped around the hilt of the green lightsaber in that panel.

If they wanted to show him disarmed they would have made it clear, i.e not position the saber in the same place it would have been if he weren't disarmed.

Nephthys
Artist error, I'd say.

WildBantha88
Artist error, I'd say. thumb up thumb up thumb up

Eminence
It's entirely out of his grasp. His hand is actually completely in front of it. You could argue that's intentional on the General's part if you'd like, there's precedent for him feinting and/or swapping weapons between hands/feet in the Tartakovsky stuff.

I wouldn't necessarily argue that it's conclusive, but you people saying "artist error" instead of "well, maybe it's..." are being weird.

WildBantha88
Its not out of his hand, it just drawn really weird. Grievous still has it, Maul did nothing that would make him loose hold of it, (unless Grievous kicked him so hard that he dropped his own lightsaber)

Eminence
Its not out of his hand, it just drawn really weird.
srs?
http://i.gyazo.com/b5483780a170a1e222ab839c58b8b5c3.png

He's holding two lightsabers the next time we see him though, so a) he picked it up, b) he pulled out another, or c) it was a planned move and he caught it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>