Iron Fist vs. Black Manta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

cdtm
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Who wins?

Fist.

pym-ftw
Yeah I'd probably give it to Danny aswell. He will be dancing around damaging the suit till he gets to Davids inner nougaty center.

Damn now I want a Snickers bar.

Golgo13
Manta on average. I can see Danny pulling some wins if he goes all out. If he doesn't, it's over for him.

pym-ftw
How can Manta touch him?

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
How can Manta touch him?

He has long ranged attacks and he's fast himself. Fast enough to fight someone like Deathstroke or Aquaman. Plus, he's one of the most formidable assassins in comics.

Kazenji
Of course you would be wanking DC characters.

h1a8
Black Manta

BruceSkywalker
Lord Rand beats the living daylights out of Black Manta..

in fact he beats him so bad that Manta goes home crying because none of moves hurt Lord Rand

Golgo13
Originally posted by Kazenji
Of course you would be wanking DC characters.

Its all in the books. Not my problem if u dont read it.

BruceSkywalker
since Manta can't withstand the power of the iron fist.. so yeah he dies horribly whereas Rand can evade anything Manta does

Golgo13
Manta says get off my lawn, punk! mad

Kazenji
Originally posted by Golgo13
Its all in the books..

It is if we're using the DCnU compared to a character with that's been around for 40+ years

Sorry if i'm not a pirate like yourself.

Golgo13
It is if we're using the DCnU compared to a character with that's been around for 40+ years

Sorry if i'm not a pirate like yourself.

Manta has enough feats.

Kazenji
Only problem there is byrdgang21 didn't specify.

Golgo13
Manta's damage soak is pretty insane. To go up against someone like Aquaman who sent Superman flying.

Kazenji
Manta's damage soak is pretty insane. To go up against someone like Aquaman who sent Superman flying.

Golgo13

Manta has always been a problem for Aquaman, though. Not an expert on him, but his history doesn't seem to change all that much, so it's possible to take into account all his feats.

cdtm
He has long ranged attacks and he's fast himself. Fast enough to fight someone like Deathstroke or Aquaman. Plus, he's one of the most formidable assassins in comics.

Fist is fast enough to fight Spidey. And has the feats to prove it.v

DarkSaint85
I need scans.

Golgo13
Originally posted by cdtm
Fist is fast enough to fight Spidey. And has the feats to prove it.v

Fist/Spidey isn't that much faster than Aquaman and Manta was capable of cutting his hand off and stalemate him in hth combat at times. Fist isn't going to speed blitz Manta, while Manta has long range projectiles and technology to rely on.

cdtm
Fist/Spidey isn't that much faster than Aquaman and Manta was capable of cutting his hand off and stalemate him in hth combat at times. Fist isn't going to speed blitz Manta, while Manta has long range projectiles and technology to rely on.

Manta isn't Aquaman.

Fist has a list of bullet dodges or better of his own to draw from, in addition to some close fights with web head. What does Manta have?

Golgo13
Manta isn't Aquaman.

Fist has a list of bullet dodges or better of his own to draw from, in addition to some close fights with web head. What does Manta have?

Manta is more dangerous than Aquaman and regarded as one of the premier assassins in the DCU. If he can keep up with Aquadud he can keep up with a high level street.

pym-ftw

First line; no
Rest; also no.

Golgo13

First line; no
Rest; also no.

NO.

cdtm
Manta is more dangerous than Aquaman and regarded as one of the premier assassins in the DCU. If he can keep up with Aquadud he can keep up with a high level street.

Doomsday kept up with Sperman. Killed him, even.

No one thinks he's a high end speedster.

Golgo13

DD has been known to be quite fast, though. Even Superman has said as much.

Now, if you can show some scans of Danny blitzing more often than not, I'll concede.

DarkSaint85

Woah there.

DD is pretty damn fast. Like Hulk, basically.

pym-ftw
Do you really think Arthur is as fast as Danny?Originally posted by cdtm

No one thinks he's a high end speedster. please don't open that can of worms. Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Woah there.

DD is pretty damn fast. Like Hulk, basically. thumb up

Golgo13
Slade has enhanced speed and agility. Aquaman trounced him in combat speed. I'm not saying Slade is faster than Danny, but even if Danny is faster, it's not by leaps and bounds.

JayDaDon
I'd say Danny should win. The iron fist is such a big advantage, not to mention he also has ranged attacks.

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Woah there.

DD is pretty damn fast. Like Hulk, basically.

Roy Harper, then. Guardian was dancing around Supes like a common brick.

Golgo13
Roy Harper, then. Guardian was dancing around Supes like a common brick.

That's the street level pis for ya. Danny is hardly the only street who has had some luck against Spider-Man. He jobs to them quite a bit from what I have seen.

Shadowdragon also surprised Superman with speed, too.

cdtm
That's the street level pis for ya. Danny is hardly the only street who has had some luck against Spider-Man. He jobs to them quite a bit from what I have seen.

Shadowdragon also surprised Superman with speed, too.

It's not really pis, when Danny has speed feats on par with Spidey's.

pym-ftw
Danny isn't street level either.

cdtm
Danny isn't street level either.

Who was it that said "It's all in the books. Not my problem if you don't read them."

The thing with Fist though, is the entire internet was scan spamming hm for awhile. Just Google up Iron Fist and vs, and respect threads full of images pop up.

Golgo13
It's not really pis, when Danny has speed feats on par with Spidey's.

So, how much faster do you think Fist is compared to Aquaman himself?

pym-ftw
Who was it that said "It's all in the books. Not my problem if you don't read them."

The thing with Fist though, is the entire internet was scan spamming hm for awhile. Just Google up Iron Fist and vs, and respect threads full of images pop up. ...? What?

cdtm
...? What?

Look back a page. Who said what I put in quotes?

And I'm saying, he doesn't have an excuse not to know what Iron Fist is capable of, because you don't NEED to have read the comics. His feats have been posted across the internet for quite a while, with plenty of big clear scans to look at. All it takes is a minimal effort to google search.

You can't say the same about Black Manta, whom he berated people for not knowing minute details of, with all of one fan boy talking about him non stop. evil face

pym-ftw
Okay so your berating Golgo for not knowing Iron Fists feats despite him (Danny) having been a kmc darling and it should be fairly common knowledge at this point.

Fair enough I guess, Originally posted by Golgo13
So, how much faster do you think Fist is compared to Aquaman himself? probably a tier honestly, he can't *uck around but both on their respective games Danny shouldn't be touched much if at all.

Also Arthur > David physically.

cdtm
Okay so your berating Golgo for not knowing Iron Fists feats despite him (Danny) having been a kmc darling and it should be fairly common knowledge at this point.

Or at the least do a little of your own research, run a google search. Visit KMC's respect thread, at least.

I wouldn't care, if not for him berating people for not knowing about Manta when he didn't even take the time to learn about Danny, even though the info's easily found compared to Manta.

Golgo13

Fair enough I guess, probably a tier honestly, he can't *uck around but both on their respective games Danny shouldn't be touched much if at all.

Also Arthur > David physically.

So, exactly how fast and how are you judging it? What feats does Danny have other than Spider-Man?

pym-ftw
Agreed, on the most part but I think Golgo was lashing out at Kaz because of his "wanking Dc characters" accusations.

Golgo13
Or at the least do a little of your own research, run a google search. Visit KMC's respect thread, at least.

I wouldn't care, if not for him berating people for not knowing about Manta, who doesn't have nearly the fan base or sources of information that are out there on the various comic sites.

I've read plenty of IF. It's one of my favorite books (IM IF and the current title). I just don't see Danny being all that faster than your basic enhanced beings like Wolverine, Slade, Panther, etc...

pym-ftw
So, exactly how fast and how are you judging it? What feats does Danny have other than Spider-Man? Catching bullets & shrapnel bare handed. Casually dodging multiple machine gunners while in deep thought.

Golgo13
Catching bullets & shrapnel bare handed. Casually dodging multiple machine gunners while in deep thought.

I'm talking about actual fights he has had with beings who have super speed. Fist lost to Fat Cobra because of skill and speed.

cdtm
I'm talking about actual fights he has had with beings who have super speed. Fist lost to Fat Cobra because of skill and speed.

Cobra was also creating shockwaves just by clapping, something Shang Chi needs Stark Tech to accomplish. And Cobra's thunder clap defeated a horde of elite warriors. He's hardly a street leveler.

But if you want good showings against fast characters:

Spidey.

Gorgon.

Thunderbolt. (A bona fide speedster, who's powers were aging him rapidly from a young man to an old man.)

cdtm
Catching bullets & shrapnel bare handed. Casually dodging multiple machine gunners while in deep thought.

Not to mention swatting aside around 50 flechettes or so, said to be capable of penetrating steel, without getting a scratch on him.

Golgo13
Not to mention swatting aside around 50 flechettes or so, said to be capable of penetrating steel, without getting a scratch on him.

Aquaman has dodged machine gun fire/bullets before. He's even mentioned that his Atlantean reflexes are much MORE quicker than Slade's, yet Manta keeps up with him much better than Deathstroke.

-K-M-
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Black Manta still have Aquaman's DNA mixed with his making him his physical equal?

If so then the speed argument is moot.

Golgo13
Originally posted by -K-M-
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Black Manta still have Aquaman's DNA mixed with his making him his physical equal?

If so then the speed argument is moot.

When was this shown? If so, no wonder he is able to do something like this. stick out tongue

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BM1_zps3029b828.jpg

-K-M-
When was this shown? If so, no wonder he is able to do something like this. stick out tongue

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BM1_zps3029b828.jpg

During the Sub Diego days.

His suit even in the old days augmented his physical abilities. So no not shocking.

Golgo13
Originally posted by -K-M-
During the Sub Diego days.

His suit even in the old days augmented his physical abilities. So no not shocking.

Not surprising. Black Manta just recently survived a tsunami toppling over him and he didn't even have his helmet on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.