Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66
-Battle Meditation-
"Another Jedi Warrior, whose skill in the art of Battle Meditation will never be forgotten, is Nomi Sunrider."
―The Saga of Nomi Sunrider
Nomi Sunrider uses battle meditation to make all the guards turn on one another, despite her being on a Dark Side nexus.

"Using her Jedi battle meditation, Nomi escapes captivity..."
―Dark Lords of the Sith

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/11114/111140132/3742976-nomi13.png
"Fortunately, Vima's mother possesses a unique talent that comes to her on rare occasions--concentrating in the Force, she forms an image of the two Dark Side dragons attacking each other--a moment later, image becomes reality!"

"On Thon's arid world, Nomi and little Vima encounter dark side dragons. As the baleful entities attack, Nomi is forced to use her undeveleoped power of Jedi Battle Meditation to rescue her Jedi.

"The feeling of darkness shed by the creatures struck Nomi like a physical blow, and she instinctively called upon her Jedi power of battle meditation to save her daughter. As Nomi's power took effect, the hssiss suddenly turned on one another..."
―Tales of the Jedi Companion

"Nomi discovered she had a natural talent for the art of Jedi battle mediation when she unconsciously used the the technique to save her daughter from a dark side dragon."
―Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

"Nomi uses her battle meditation to cause the attackers to turn on each other in a struggle over the Adegen crystals."

"In a moment of inspiration and clarity, Nomi understood, and focused here Force power on the pirates and enforces, who immediately turned on one another."

"When a Hutt crime lord named Great Bogga made a final attempt to steal the Adegan crystals, Nomi responded by using an application of Jedi battle mediation to influence the outcome of the battle. She quickly turned the Hutt's henchmen against each other, freeing Master Thon in the ensuring chaos. The two made short work of the cowardly gangsters and pirates."

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/11114/111140132/3742993-nomi3.png
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/11114/111140132/3743131-0233078676-nomi1.jpg
"Nomi Sunrider doesn't know that her strange ability to influence the events around her will one day become her greatest strength: the power of Jedi battle meditation."

DarthAnt66
-Combat Abilities-
Nomi Sunrider with the aid of Thon cut's through the ranks of numerous pirates with great skill.

"During the ensuring confusion, Nomi charged into the fray wielding her master's lightsaber, freeing Thon from his Mandalorian manacles and striking down the would-be-muders. Seeing the ferocity of the Jedi's attack, the remainder of bandits retreated ."
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/11114/111140132/3742938-nomi4.png
Nomi Sunrider destroys a Krath droid with one arm.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/11114/111140132/3742994-nomi10.png

"Nomi Sunrider uses her husband's lightsaber to kill two pirates, despite no training in the art of lightsaber combat. The life-energy of the Force roars through Nomi in a rising wave, guiding her hands in a brutal act of self-defense."

"Guided by the Force, she picks up her husband's fallen lightsaber and wields it with natural skill, driving off her husband's killers."

"With two quick slashes, Nomi dispatches two of the Hutt's lackeys."

"Nomi brought the lightsaber to bear, destroying two of the murdering thieves before they followed through on their villainous intentions."
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/11114/111140132/3742921-nomi1.png
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/11114/111140132/3742922-nomi2.png

DarthAnt66
-Sever Force-
"Although Ulic Qel-Droma eventually becomes one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history, his reign was brief. Nomi Sunrider permanently stripped him of his force powers at the end of the Great Sith War."

"I unleashed my ability to block Jedi powers, the defense that master Odan-Urr taught me."
―Nomi Sunrider (The Sith War)

"Ulic offered no resitance when his former love Nomi Sunrider attacked, using her unique Force powers to block Ulic's connection to the Force."
―The Dark Side Sourcebook

"Blocked from using the Force-light or dark-by his former paramour Nomi Sunrider, Ulic-Qel Droma surrendered to the Jedi and told them where to find Exar Kun's secret base."
―The Dark Side Sourcebook

"Nomi Sunrider and Tott Doneeta arrived to late to help Catm byt a distraught Nomi unleashed a wild Force ability that blinded Ulic to th Force, effectively stripping him of his powers and utterly crushing him."
―The New Essential Chronology

"Using her Force-blocking technique to permanently tob Ulic Qel-Droma of his powers, the Jedi Nomi Sunrider is instrumental in Ulic's defeat on Ossus."
―Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide

"Severed from the Force by the great Jedi Nomi Sunrider, a humbled Ulic roams the galaxy."
―Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/11114/111140132/3743034-nomi18.png
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/11114/111140132/3743035-nomi19.png
-Telepathy & Mental Resistance-
Nomi Sunrider is the only one among the Jedi ranks to see through the force and realize the ships are pure illusions. She then completes a mental assault on Aleema that knocks the illusionist unconscious.

"Nomi Sunrider sees through Aleema's magic..."
―Dark Lords of the Sith
http://www.comicvine.com/api/image/scale_super/3743187-8669959473-aleem.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/11114/111140132/3743065-8287545122-nomi1.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/11114/111140132/3743068-1636886145-nomi1.jpg

Nephthys
This is so much better than my zero effort one.

Based
Don't know how I never saw this but good work. I've barely read anything related to the original The Old Republic but Nomi has never been in a duel?

DarthAnt66
Ironically enough, someone on her tier has never fought in a duel.
I feel that is more on purpose though, given her husband died from a blade.
Ulic versus Nomi at the end was a perfect opportunity for a battle, but it was completely avoid by her sever force.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Erm.....

"Darkly he proclaimed 'I am Sion, Lord of Pain and Lord of the Sith and you cannot kill me.' instead of exchanging words with the abomination before her, she simply attempted to cut the beast off from the Force but she realised this monster had become the Dark Side and such techniques would not work. Ziost was their battleground, time and again she would cut him down and once more he would rise anew. Aided by his minions the fight lasted three nights, despite the freezing temperatures and the well of darkness swirling through the collapsing fortresses, she would cut down more and more Dark Jedi until finally when Sion realised this engagement was one he could not win, he fled and no matter how much she chased him he would not be found again." - Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide Collector's Edition

"As she charged across the plains of Onderon, a laser from one of the fortresses many heavy turbolaser defenses approached her and her Jedi companions, time slowed around her and almost accepting her death she dropped her blade and stretched out her arms, as time returned to her she saw nothing, her Jedi companions in awe, then she felt energy crackling through her veins, she had absorbed the energy but her body felt like it would implode, her arms ached, her legs buckled, muscles tightening, her chest ached and her skin was smoking, as if she had somehow understood what she had done, she channelled all the energy into her palms and sent out a thundering energy wave completely annihilating one of the Naddists' siege barges.

-fyi, the person who typed this up (a respected member of swtor forums,) never uses commas, or much punctuation.

Nephthys
Is that second one fanfiction?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
well, according to her, they're quotes from canon sources (the first one is apparently from the KOTOR campaign guide), but I'll ask her where she found em. Apparently she also ragdolls a krayt dragon.

Nephthys
That sounds made up.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Indeed. Which is why i plan on asking her to show me the sources.

Nephthys
I'm looking through the Kotor campaign guide atm. I'm not sure that a collector's edition even exists though.

FreshestSlice
Googled it, and the only source for it is that quote....for what that's worth.

NewGuy01
Same...

Nephthys
Yep. Definitely seems fake. Theres nothing even remotely similar in the campaign guide I have either.

DarthAnt66
thumb up There's no such thing as a Collectors Edition to my knowledge.

NewGuy01
Apparently the other source was the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook *Revised Edition*. It's all so ****ing fake lmao.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
well, according to her, they're quotes from canon sources (the first one is apparently from the KOTOR campaign guide), but I'll ask her where she found em. Apparently she also ragdolls a krayt dragon.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Yes, I also noticed that quote in one of my threads in official SWTOR forum about a battle between Nomi Sunrider and Darth Sion. I have yet to ask for the source but it seems like the member got defensive when you asked her.

Don't let this matter slide away. I don't want people to pass on made-up information as facts/deceive the masses. If there is a collector's edition book of KoTOR-CG, I would like to see a picture of it as well along with the picture of that quote if it even exists since no such book is public knowledge or even turns up in google. Claims of some people supposedly having this book but that it is somehow never public knowledge are utterly baseless.

I need to renew my subscription before I can post again, will do so soon.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Apparently the other source was the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook *Revised Edition*. It's all so ****ing fake lmao.
Its sad that some members of official SWTOR forum are attempting to make stuff up about their favorite characters and deceive the masses.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, I agree. I said this in response to her defensive remark:

"I'm not questioning it because I haven't heard of it. I'm questioning it because no one on any other star wars forum/board has ever sited a collector's edition of it. Ever. Nor a revised edition of the PotJSB. And again, I'm not denying its existence completely. I'd be legitimately happy if it existed, but based on the fact that Its never been sited by anyone, anywhere, I do have a perfect reason to be skeptical."

Although by now I'm condemning its existence, just being modest/non-provocative.

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

Thank you, I will support you in this matter. I will also ask that member to provide real evidence.

One more thing, did Surik use "moving meditation" on Malachor V to combat Sith stationed their? Any source which confirms this or this is just a theory?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's all so......speculative. Do we even know how moving meditation and force enlightenment is applied? Has Surik ever severed an opponent from the force?

Nephthys
Not on purpose or at will. She can't control it.

S_W_LeGenD
It's all so......speculative. Do we even know how moving meditation and force enlightenment is applied? Has Surik ever severed an opponent from the force?
I don't recall Surik severing connection of any other Force-user. She did this to herself.

Also, some people are not coming to terms with the development that Surik lost to Nyriss in a battle. They are coming up with theories about how Surik was weakened by visiting Nathema. If this is the case then Scourge, Revan and Nyriss also would have weakened by visiting Nathema. I mean, some explanations make no sense at all.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
They have a point though that Meetra is depicted much differently in Revan compared to KOTOR II, and that Drew never even bothered to play the game.

Nephthys

S_W_LeGenD
They have a point though that Meetra is depicted much differently in Revan compared to KOTOR II, and that Drew never even bothered to play the game.
The author didn't do justice to any character in that book, not just Surik.

Surik did defeat some opponents in Dromund Kaas though, her expertise in swordsmanship have also been legitimized by her performance against the Imperial Guard.

Also, if you carefully analyze the lore of KoTOR II, you will notice that Surik's victories over Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus are circumstantial. I am not sure how she managed to defeat Darth Traya though, she shared a powerful bond with Traya and break-up of that bond might have weakened Traya or something?

Furthermore, Surik also benefitted from being a wound in the Force during her struggles against Sith Tirumvirate, she was immune to effects of Force Drain during these times.

My assessment is that Surik was never intended to be super-strong like Revan, her story was more about circumstances and heroism.

S_W_LeGenD

Nephthys
No.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
The author didn't do justice to any character in that book, not just Surik.

Surik did defeat some opponents in Dromund Kaas though, her expertise in swordsmanship have also been legitimized by her performance against the Imperial Guard.

Also, if you carefully analyze the lore of KoTOR II, you will notice that Surik's victories over Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus are circumstantial. I am not sure how she managed to defeat Darth Traya though, she shared a powerful bond with Traya and break-up of that bond might have weakened Traya or something?

Furthermore, Surik also benefitted from being a wound in the Force during her struggles against Sith Tirumvirate, she was immune to effects of Force Drain during these times.

Yeah, Revan wasn't a particularly astounding novel wink

Well yeah, but struggling with Imperial Guards pales in comparison to slaughtering hordes of sith in the Trayus academy, besting Sion multiple times, and defeating Darth Traya, all on the most powerful dark side nexus ever, powerful enough to turn nearly anyone to the dark side upon surfacing it.

Darth Nihilus was circumstantial, I agree. But while Darth Sion did love Surik, he still was fully intent on killing her, probably moreso than anyone else, for fear of what Traya might do to her. Eventually Meetra did Dun Moch him into giving up, though. And wouldn't breaking the bond weaken herself as much as Traya?

Nephthys

My assessment is that Surik was never intended to be super-strong like Revan, her story was more about circumstances and heroism.

Her victory over Sion was only circumstantial when it came to putting him down for good. Before that she beat his ass like 6 times in a row. She's obviously far superior to him. I doubt the bond weakened Traya. If that were possible Traya could just weaken her through the same bond. And in the context of the fight Traya states that she's not going to hold back even a little, I doubt she fought at anything less than her best.

No, The Exile was an incredibly powerful and skilled fighter. Nothing less would allow her to defeat an entire Sith Temple on a nexus as powerful as Malachor V or defeat Sion and Traya as she did. Plus she'd absorbed the power of hundreds of opponents and could learn lightsaber forms and advanced force powers in minutes. In Kotor II the Exile was intended to be a Jedi every bit the equal to Revan. Traya even refers to her as her greatest student when talking about her combat abilities.

S_W_LeGenD
Yeah, Revan wasn't a particularly astounding novel wink

Well yeah, but struggling with Imperial Guards pales in comparison to slaughtering hordes of sith in the Trayus academy, besting Sion multiple times, and defeating Darth Traya, all on the most powerful dark side nexus ever, powerful enough to turn nearly anyone to the dark side upon surfacing it.

Darth Nihilus was circumstantial, I agree. But while Darth Sion did love Surik, he still was fully intent on killing her, probably moreso than anyone else, for fear of what Traya might do to her. Eventually Meetra did Dun Moch him into giving up, though. And wouldn't breaking the bond weaken herself as much as Traya?
Yes.

Imperial Guard individuals aren't supposed to be mooks for any Jedi and/or Sith. Revan fought and killed 1 but Surik and Scourge fought 2 simultaneously and performed really well, IMO. In-fact, this battle represents one of the best for Surik.

Another notable point is that even Revan's powers were ineffective against Imperial Guard. So if a Jedi of Yoda's caliber is not tossing Imperial Guard around, you can do the math.

Hmm, yes, I would appreciate details of this battle.

FreshestSlice
With Traya? Traya goes on about how Surik is a failure, how she won't hold back, they fight, Surik cuts off her other hand. Traya then tells the Exile to kill her, the Exile says no because, "I'm a Jedi." Then Traya brings up three lightsabers with TK and Surik dodges all of them and strikes Traya down. Traya tells the Exile that she is her greatest student, how they aren't like Revan they're something different, she speaks of the future, and then dies.

Nephthys
Soloing Trayas Academy >>> Struggling with 2 IG's. erm

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
With Traya? Traya goes on about how Surik is a failure, how she won't hold back, they fight, Surik cuts off her other hand. Traya then tells the Exile to kill her, the Exile says no because, "I'm a Jedi." Then Traya brings up three lightsabers with TK and Surik dodges all of them and strikes Traya down. Traya tells the Exile that she is her greatest student, how they aren't like Revan they're something different, she speaks of the future, and then dies.
Thanks for sharing.

So this was mainly a lightsaber duel? No Force powers involved?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The fight is purely gameplay mechanics. No specific details. The first part of the battle gives more of a force/duel vibe to it though, while the 2nd part is Surik defeating Traya's Trakata.

S_W_LeGenD
Hmm,

So loss of another hand possibly weakened Traya? Loss of both hands must be demoralizing at-least.

She explicitly asks Surik to kill her? Strange.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, in the first part of the duel Surik cuts off Traya's last hand, then to test The Exile, she asks Surik to kill her. Presuming the choice of light side, Surik would refuse, Traya gets pissed that Surik "failed," her little test, then She utilizes Trakata.

FreshestSlice
I don't think Kraya losing a hand demoralized her, as that seems to be her prefered teaching method. The Exile refusing to kill her probably did, but even then, I doubt it altered her combat abilities.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It wouldn't really matter anyways, as for the 2nd portion of the fight she solely used her trio of lightsabers.

DarthAnt66
"Although Traya was more powerful, the Exile managed to defeat her in combat."
―The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Ultimately, all her victories were PIS and circumstantial.

Nephthys
How is that PIS and circumstantial? All it proves is that shes skilled enough to win despite being weaker in actual power.

And I already said, her victory over Sion wasn't circumstantial. She's way better than he is. And her defeat of the Trayas Academy wasn't circumstantial either. >:[

DarthAnt66
Darth Traya's greatest strength is giga-drain, something ineffective against the Jedi Exile. Darth Traya must resort to other efforts of victory then.
The combat before the Jedi Exile cut off her hand is implied that Darth Traya was not really trying, if at all. You must also take this in consideration.
Once the Jedi Exile cuts off her other arm, the circumstances that Darth Traya can no longer defend herself if the Jedi Exile closes in must be noted.
That being said, anyone surviving an encounter with Darth Traya must be pretty powerful. Anyone who can slaughter an academy *is* powerful.
I would classify the Jedi Exile, by the end of the game, to be the superior to Mandalorian Wars Revan, in which Darth Traya agrees.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Darth Traya's greatest strength is giga-drain, something ineffective against the Jedi Exile. Darth Traya must resort to other efforts of victory then.

Good. Without an insta-win technique its a fight just like any other one. A totally fair fight. thumb up

The combat before the Jedi Exile cut off her hand is implied that Darth Traya was not really trying, if at all. You must also take this in consideration.

Not true in the slightest. thumb down

Once the Jedi Exile cuts off her other arm, the circumstances that Darth Traya can no longer defend herself if the Jedi Exile closes in must be noted.

She's levitating 3 lightsabers for defense and has her Force powers. Which since she's more powerful than the Exile isn't insignificant.

That being said, anyone surviving an encounter with Darth Traya must be pretty powerful. Anyone who can slaughter an academy *is* powerful.
I would classify the Jedi Exile, by the end of the game, to be the superior to Mandalorian Wars Revan, in which Darth Traya agrees.

I'd say she's every bit the equal to end of Kotor Revan. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Alright. Make the topic and let's debate.
(The above debate will easily be covered in a proper one.)
This thread is for Nomi Sunrider, not Meetra Surik. wink

Nephthys
Nah.

DarthAnt66
Lame, alright I'll respond.
Since I don't care for it, expect it to be my common shitty answer.

DarthAnt66
http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/752783128.gif Sadly enough, I don't Darth Traya has ever been in a "fair fight."

"This place is your last test. It is the graveyard of the past, where you lost everything. It is the dark place in your mind that still echoes of failure. Now we shall see if you can overcome the weight of Malachor... and silence the echoes that beat from its heart."
After you chop off her arm, she states "You have yet to learn the full extent of power."
It can be safe to say that before her hands were vanquished, it was merely a test.

How does she have Force powers?
Wouldn't both her hands be gone?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Johnny-Depp-Shock.gif

Nephthys
http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/752783128.gif Sadly enough, I don't Darth Traya has ever been in a "fair fight."

She did beat the shit out of Atton that one time. That was funny.

Besides, she was powerful enough to casually kill 7 Sith at once. Don't look down on her.

"This place is your last test. It is the graveyard of the past, where you lost everything. It is the dark place in your mind that still echoes of failure. Now we shall see if you can overcome the weight of Malachor... and silence the echoes that beat from its heart."
After you chop off her arm, she states "You have yet to learn the full extent of power."
It can be safe to say that before her hands were vanquished, it was merely a test.

The entire game was a test. That doesn't make it any less real. Just because it was a test doesn't mean she was holding back. Traya specifically says she won't hold back because doing so would make everything pointless. The only way the Exile can pass the test is by legitimately beating her. If you'd payed attention you'd know that holding back on the Exile is counter to every philosophy Kreia holds.

How does she have Force powers?
Wouldn't both her hands be gone?

Uh, what? You can use the Force without hands. :I

She killed over half a dozen Sith without even looking at them, she doesn't need to physically have fingers to attack with the Force. She still has stumps. And she's obviously able to use TK so wtf?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Johnny-Depp-Shock.gif

I'm not sure why you're so shocked. The Exile is pretty dang powerful. In some respects I'd say she surpassed him. Her ability to easily copy the skills of others would indicate a tremendous amount of technical skill.

DarthAnt66
Ew. This is actually forming into an actual debate.
Expect my next response to be shitty enough to destroy it.

DarthAnt66
I think I rank her higher then you do. erm

Yet again, Darth Traya says "You have yet to learn the full extent of power."
I don't know what you consider that, but personally, that's a red mark signalling she wasn't unleashing her full power at first.

I was referring to Force Lightning.
Can you do that with stumps?

Darth Malak is superior to the Jedi Exile.
Currently making a thread about his power.

DarthAnt66
Bro, you been "Quoting Post in Thread Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread" for like ten minutes now. erm

Nephthys
I was watching Tarboy again. Love that video.

I think I rank her higher then you do. erm

Yeah, so I don't know why you don't find her defeat a more impressive display.

Yet again, Darth Traya says "You have yet to learn the full extent of power."
I don't know what you consider that, but personally, that's a red mark signalling she wasn't unleashing her full power at first.

If you'd actually looked at the context you'd know she's referring to the Exile's will to act. She only says that if the Exile agree's to kill her, which she replies:

"Good... you have strength. But you have yet to learn the full extent of power."

It's clearly not referring to actual combat power.

Also it's a darkside choice so....

I was referring to Force Lightning.
Can you do that with stumps?

Yes.

I don't understand your reasoning here. So according to you Kreia wasn't unleashing her full power until the second half of the fight... at which point she was incapable of actually using it fully? WTF?

Darth Malak is superior to the Jedi Exile.
Currently making a thread about his power.

Lmao. Are we talking about Malak on the Star Forge or as his regular mediocre self? I'd be happy to make that thread, since I know you have ****-all able to prove that.

DarthAnt66
Who knows dude...who cares. Besides Nihilus, that game was only good for extreme Revan wank.
I couldn't care less about Meetra, don't know why you were determined to drag me into a debate with her.
It is only logical to expect those shitty responses, because I have absolutely no interest in the debate.
Revan or Malak are different stories, of course. I am referring to Star Forge Darth Malak.

FreshestSlice
Regular Malak could hardly handle Leviathan Revan, weaker than the Exile, who is way weaker than end-game KotOR Revan, slightly stronger than the Exile, who he couldn't handle amped multiple times.

Nephthys
Who knows dude...who cares. Besides Nihilus, that game was only good for extreme Revan wank.
I couldn't care less about Meetra, don't know why you were determined to drag me into a debate with her.
It is only logical to expect those shitty responses, because I have absolutely no interest in the debate.
Revan or Malak are different stories, of course. I am referring to Star Forge Darth Malak.

Kotor 2 is one of the best parts of the entire EU. It shits on Revans book. erm

Too bad.

DarthAnt66
@Freshestslice.
That's the craziest shit I ever read, lmfao.
I'm not done my Malak thread yet, hold on.

"Yoda could hardly handle R2-D2, weaker then Darth Maul, who is way weaker then Darth Sidious, slightly stronger then The Sith Emperor, who he couldn't handle the power of the Hero of Tython."
The face of sheer logic. ^

@Neph. Traya and Nihilus were great.
The Exile, that homeless Jedi Council member, and everything else sucked more dick then you did last night.

FreshestSlice
@Freshestslice.
That's the craziest shit I ever read, lmfao.
I'm not done my Malak thread yet, hold on.

"Yoda could hardly handle R2-D2, weaker then Darth Maul, who is way weaker then Darth Sidious, slightly stronger then The Sith Emperor, who he couldn't handle the power of the Hero of Tython."
The face of sheer logic. ^

No it's not. Revan, on the Leviathan, has absolutely no access to what makes the Revan, from what we know, besides combat prowess, stated to be incomplete by everyone in game and by the mission log. The Exile, on the other hand, has only been stated to have a weakened connection to the Force in KotOR II. From the beginning, they have been stated to carry as a Jedi does, fight as an Echani does, and knows many Jedi survival techniques, things Revan has learned for a whopping few weeks, and second hand from Bastila. While some memories were returning, Revan is nowhere near as powerful as they are post Leviathan, where his power is confirmed to have increased due to remembering much more of his previous life as Revan, enough to even sway Bastila away from Malak, even seeing his previous performance only a week or two prior. The Exile is given no such limitation from the beginning of her journey in rediscovering the Force. For all intents and purposes, she is a fully trained and powerful Jedi Knight without the Force. Revan on the other hand, was a Padawan going off deja vu by every account accept yours.

DarthAnt66
I suggest you play KotOR.
It is stated by Vandar and Bastila that Malak grows more powerful by the second.
By the time of end-game, even without the Star Forge, he might have already surpassed Darth Revan.

FreshestSlice
>Using Bastila as a source

Either way, didn't Bastila also say that, "You will defeat Malak," to both of them being, "No match for Malak," then going on to say that, "A true Jedi is more than a match for even the Dark Lord of the Sith," she's hardly reliable source for anything more than offhanded comments. Most of which are for an emotional response.

Anyway, that wasn't the point. The point is, Leviathan Revan knows less than Darth Revan, and definitely less than end-game Revan. Malak was being pressed until he was able to use Stasis, which Revan was unprepared for, not being completely trained. Darth Revan would know how to defend against this. Leviathan Revan wouldn't.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
Kotor 2 is one of the best parts of the entire EU. It shits on Revans book. erm

Too bad.

I actually agree with that thumb up

DarthAnt66
Vandar seems reliable, and the fact they both state the same thing, despite them being in no relation to one another. Vandar states it on Dantooine, Bastila does on Lehon.
Also once again, please play KotOR. Darth Malak was not being hard-pressed. It makes me roll eyes (sarcastic) when people engage in Revan/Malak debates with no knowledge on the character.
In fact, according to Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Prima Guide, Darth Malak injures Revan in the duel, forcing Revan to "bare the brunt of Malak's assaults" in a defense.

FreshestSlice
Vandar seems reliable, and the fact they both state the same thing, despite them being in no relation to one another. Vandar states it on Dantooine, Bastila does on Lehon.

Bastila is not a reliable source so she doesn't back up Vandar. Also, such things are often said to press one into a solution. I do not doubt that Malak is stronger than Darth Revan, or even a superior saberist, but again, that wasn't the point. The point is, Padawan Revan does not know what Darth Revan did and was still able to hold his own.

Malak retreating instead of destroying Revan like every other opponent we see him face says otherwise. Revan was able to duel with Revan where as no one else was. Either way, I've played the game a fair bit since release, more times than I can count and recently. Thanks for suggesting I do though.

Being pressed =/= having a disadvantage. Being able to constantly react and attack, is a definition for press. The fact that Malak had to resort to stun to finish Revan off shows that even then he was a formidable opponent for him.

DarthAnt66
When two sources both state the same thing, regardless of reliability (and Vandar is reliable), with no signs of contradiction, then I don't see any issue on why it's not true.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Prima Guide implies Darth Malak did this to ensure "one-on-one combat" would occur.
If you payed attention to the dialogue before hand, he was rather pissed that many Sith doubted he could beat Revan.
The fact the guide says "returns through the blast door" rather then "retreat" further supports my claim.
Also, it is worth mentioning that the guide says Malak goes away from Revan once *Revan* gets some injury, not vise-versa like many say.
There is also the fact that all books, Bastila, Carth, and Malak all say Revan must "retreat" from Malak in order to survive.

Not at all. If you played the game, you would notice Bastila Shan comes out immediately after Revan is in stasis.
Malak would have felt her breaking from his hold, and then stopped the fight with Revan in order to defend himself against Shan.
It is only logical for him to not fight the both of them when he can easily just beat them separate. Carth agrees with me.

Emperordmb
How the **** does this have anything to do with Nomi Sunrider?

DarthAnt66
Exactly. -_- I'm annoyed my shitty respect thread is further being shitted on.

FreshestSlice
When two sources both state the same thing, regardless of reliability (and Vandar is reliable), with no signs of contradiction, then I don't see any issue on why it's not true.

When the source is the same person, it is. Bastila is a staunch proponent of the Jedi Council and held them above all else. Her agreeing with them means nothing, especially when she herself is unreliable in this regard.

None of that discredits what I said, that Revan was viable combatent that pushed Malak more than most. I never said that Malak couldn't handle Revan. Although the one on one thing is interesting, and I will admit I did not remember.

I was not making this point. At all. I will admit, Malak may have not, "had to" resort to Stasis, but the fact that he used it instead of just defeating Revan shows that Revan was competent enough to be stunned. I don't consider Bastila competent enough, which makes me believe that Revan was viable enough to finish Malak off in team. I'm guessing that you think Bastila is competent, since you believe a saber throw is worthy of putting someone in Stasis. Especially when she takes the time to scream out that she is doing it.

DarthAnt66
Exactly. -_- I'm annoyed my shitty respect thread is further being shitted on.
Am I allowed to place a ban on stuff not related to Nomi Sunrider? FreshestSlice, if you want to have the same debate I just recently bested ShootingNova on, be my guess, but don't do it here.

The bold confirms you never played the game.
She didn't agree with him, she wasn't even on the same planet when she too said the same thing Vandar thing.
In fact, she said it weeks upon weeks afterwards.

Lies. Darth Malak had the upperhand the entire battle, and I seriously doubt anyone could ever prove otherwise.

Just as Maul was competent enough to get ragdolled by Sidious because Sidious grew tired of the toying? I don't see any difference here.
In fact, putting Revan in stasis is a testament to Malak's power. Putting Shan/Carth in stasis was stated to have been use of "incredible power."

Canonically, Bastila's interruption of the fight was a heroic sacrifice. Otherwise, Revan would have been killed. erm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So ant, what so you think about those nomi sources? All if them are very serious and intent on defending it. Have you gotten a response from avellone?

DarthAnt66
No, they are the biggest lies I have ever seen. If you want to make a fanficiton, at least make it good. erm
And no, no response from Avellone yet. Tbh, I actually hoping he confirms they are right...
Because then that means an entire new arsenal of Revan books waiting to be pirated! big grin
People can follow the massacre here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=749162&page=16

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hey, they dissed KMC. Assholes http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2070551810.gif

Though I can see why, you've caused quite the $hitstorm ant.

Nephthys
Do you need to be a subscribed to post there? Is that why I'm not allowed?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
Do you need to be a subscribed to post there? Is that why I'm not allowed?
Yes.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah you need to be subscribed. Sucks. That said, it'd be amusing if you joined Ant's merciless crusade. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

Nephthys
You were very rude, Ant.

Although those clearly are incredibly fake.

DarthAnt66
They shitted on my Revan Respect Thread on another thread.
I took pride in my attack. Made me feel good.

DarthAnt66
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4sxfhm0zf1rw7k3jo1_400.gif
They put Saba Sebatyne on Revan level. This must be stopped.
Any members who have access to the boards, please comment below.
The great massacre of the century is coming. The threads of swtor.com will be filled with blood!

NewGuy01
Wasn't Saba the NJO's Grandmaster for some time?

S_W_LeGenD
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4sxfhm0zf1rw7k3jo1_400.gif
They put Saba Sebatyne on Revan level. This must be stopped.
Any members who have access to the boards, please comment below.
The great massacre of the century is coming. The threads of swtor.com will be filled with blood!
Their ranking methodology is not suitable to properly evaluate power of characters. Greater number of feats come in handy in that kind of ranking methodology, mostly assumptions based on which feat they find impressive in comparison to another (subjectivity). Unfortunately, characters with proven combat record get undersold in such rankings such as Revan and Sith Emperor.

Heck, according to that method Bastilla Shan should be most impressive Jedi of her era, keeping in mind how she could influence entire fleets with her BM talent. However, Revan is much stronger then her on the whole.

Nephthys
I'm looking at their "REAL most powerful" list. Apparently Master Fey is the 9th most powerful Force User of all time. Jaina is the 4th most powerful Jedi ever. The Hero of Tython and the Barsen'thor aren't even on the list.

Jaina is the 6th best lightsaber duelist ever.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yep. They have caedus as their #2 sith. On their dueling list, they have windu ahead of sidious and yoda. They used to have fay as 3rd most powerful Jedi.

But yeah, they don't take protags into account.

S_W_LeGenD
@Neph

When are you subscribing on SWTOR? Your expertise is needed there, to restore balance to the galaxy.

FreshestSlice
thumb up

DarthAnt66
I actually wish the swtor.com forums had TOR wank...it's only...logical.

DarthAnt66
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/73/92/12/email_10.png
Mr. Avellone confirms he never did one. ^ I'll email the Bioware devs:[email protected]

Nephthys
@Neph

When are you subscribing on SWTOR? Your expertise is needed there, to restore balance to the galaxy.

When it doesn't cost money, lol.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=749162&page=19

Aaaand the dissing has begun.

NewGuy01
It's funny how they're judging the entire Forum off of some of Legend's insanities.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
essentially that + Ant's rants. I could just as easily look at their vast history of silly debaters, power rankings, and assertions.

NewGuy01
Well, Legend has Thanaton's cum in his eyes and Ant is the most devoted fanatic on these boards. I am fond of both posters, but it's really an unfair generalization on the whole. :C

Still, I have no problem with them joining. If they're as reasonable as they claim, they might just help me in cleansing these parts. :>

They're prolly not though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
They have no plans on joining sadly, merely flaming.

EDIT: ermagerd Selenial joined. HI!!!!!!!!!!!

Selenial
They have no plans on joining sadly, merely flaming.

EDIT: ermagerd Selenial joined. HI!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I do have plans to educate most of the people on this forum, seeing as the Majority of you (Ie, 98% of you) only know Up to and Including the Cold War Era. (As is evidenced by your abismal knowledge of Palpatine etc)

So yeh, as long as LeGenD remains on the SW:TOR Forums, I'll remain here.

I'll start replying to the things you all got wrong in this thread when I'm out of my raid.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
We don't have as much problems with you being here as you do with LeGenD being on SW:TOR Forums. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

Also, i'm lol'ing at the "abysmal knowledge on Palpatine," part. wink

carthage
Welcome to KMC Selenial, you should try to get Aubere and Benji to post here too. I always loves the battle threads on the SWTOR forum, you should stick around

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

Would be awesome, actually.

Selenial
Originally posted by carthage
Welcome to KMC Selenial, you should try to get Aubere and Benji to post here too. I always loves the battle threads on the SWTOR forum, you should stick around

Ok, new nickname for Beni inbound.

The Battlezone's enjoyable for sure, I wonder when the next one is *Hint hint*

He made me write up a Revan Analasys for him (Before the Revan thread was brought to our attention) but I've seen no sign of it.

Also, I'm not sticking around after LeGenD leave the Tor forums, at least I don't plan to.

Edit: Love the avatar Carthage, Darth darth binks ftw.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Legend won't be leaving for quite. some. time. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2828295080.gif

carthage
Well, I only ask because for as long as I've lurked at the SWTOR board its been terribly inactive in versus threads. I always wondered why you all didnt post at here or comicvine, you shouldnt let the antics of some posters be a reflection of the community here. You should check out the versus forum here and stick around

Selenial
Nah, he usually stays for like 2 weeks then pops off, as if suddenly realizing how hated he is on the Swtor forums....

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Carthage, your demeanor and disposition right now are.....enjoyable.

keep it up. thumb up

Selenial
Well that's one word for it...

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's a change, certainly.

NewGuy01
The only knowledge base I'd say is truly "abysmal" here is some of the post-ROTJ content. I honestly know very little about some of the figures, like Saba Sebantyne and whatnot, my research tends to lead to moot.

To call the knowledge on Palpatine here abysmal is laughable though.

Selenial
Well, there are a couple nice posts I've noticed, but yes. The masses on this forum are horrific when it comes to Sidious, Luke, and generally most Later EU material.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Selenial
Well, there are a couple nice posts I've noticed, but yes. The masses on this forum are horrific when it comes to Sidious, Luke, and generally most Later EU material.

I can agree with that. Though, I myself would advocate that it's not because the knowledgebase is lacking, but rather predefined bias.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If we're talking purely from the stand point of whether sidious is the strongest sith ever, there aren't many who disagree.

NewGuy01
I don't think that's what she(?) means at all.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yep. she.

And no, it isn't.

DarthAnt66
I'm on my phone right now, so sorry I can't quote.
Seneinal, I would like to see that Revan thread.
From what I seen, that forum is a joke on the concerns of Revan knowledge.
Also, a author of the KotORCG replied to my twitter thing. It is now confirmed that girl is total bullshit. smile
Tomorrow I will link you guys to the twitter reply, and share my findings with the swtor.com forum.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Most interesting.

Selenial
Eh, what I sent him was a PM, and I didn't do the Save a copy thing, so I don't actually have it.

Also, we all acknowledge Revan as a powerful individual, but people like LeGenD tend to royally overblow him, and whenever we try to put that down... People just label us Revan Haters.

And no, I don't hate Revan, he's my Head of State in our Kaggath tournament.

DarthAnt66
So I won that little crusade. The forum was a joke to begin with, and now a even bigger one.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, don't expect us to label you as such.

Except ant, of course wink

DarthAnt66
Also Selenial, I hope to educate you on the character then.

Also lol Skillz, we place Revan the same.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Placement is only the beginning of your fanaticism, but the end of mine big grin

DarthAnt66
People like her and Carthage is why I dedicate much of time to Revan research.
They have a complete lack of knowledge on the character and his abilities.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Selenial is rather scholarly, and Carthage is merely trolling.

carthage
Nonsense, I love Revan. He is stronger than all of my favorite characters. 😍

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I applaud you for fooling then for so long.

carthage
You a?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Edited the post

carthage
I didnt edit your post

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I edited yours tho stick out tongue

carthage
Dont do that

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Stop editing my posts dude

DarthAnt66
Also Skillz, I laughed at what u said on tor forums.
"Using the actions of ant and legend..."
You were the one who encouraged my crusade bro.,

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I encouraged the crusade itself, not the aggression.

DarthAnt66
But with me leading it, you knew there had to be blood. wink

DarthAnt66
Also, lol Carthage.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It was a risk I had to take. The debunking of those quotes was far too significant to be merely ignored and swept aside.

Selenial
Also Selenial, I hope to educate you on the character then.

Also lol Skillz, we place Revan the same.

You see, there's the difference between us.

Almost every quote for your Revan Respect thread I already had for my Kaggath prep, but the difference is you'll use anything in an argument with him, and I like the character enough to admit stuff he cannot do.

For example, Karpyshyns tripe about him opening up to both sides of the force, Confirmed impossible to use both at once by George Lucas and Leland Che, but it was put in the novel anyway.

Abeloth is the living example of what happens when you try to use both, it just doesn't work, they're Polar opposites and would rip you apart.

But I still placed him something like 6 or 7 in the Most Powerful Jedi thread, and even then I already asked for Fay to be removed, so you can auto bump him up one.

He's an overrated character by most, I'm sorry you can't believe that.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why was Fay on the list, exactly?

DarthAnt66
I merely skimmed through that post and died from so much bullshit. I'll reply tomorrow, I'm on my phone atm. Let us just say that your time here will be short and painful with me and others.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Selenial, get used to ant's witticisms btw.

Selenial
However, if you feel he is not in his rightful place, do, please, comb through the 1040 posts on the subject, every argument placed for him, and try to change our minds.

Because unlike here, we debated and mulled over every character with a hell of a lot of posts, we don't just post our lists and walk off to get a coffee.

Selenial
Why was Fay on the list, exactly?

Christ knows.

Healed herself from a stab in the heart, knocked Ventress out, TK feats, survived an explosion....

I think that's it, she only appeared in One comic.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Seems legit thumb up

And I noticed a severe lack of protagonists on the list.

Selenial
I merely skimmed through that post and died from so much bullshit. I'll reply tomorrow, I'm on my phone atm. Let us just say that your time here will be short and painful with me and others.

For the last time, Revan didn't 'use both sides of the force simultaneously', he very obviously achieved oneness with the force for a short period, this he achieved a moment of clarity after all the things that had happened in his life.

I mean come on, the description in the Revan novel is almost EXACTLY the same as the Jacen Solo moment from the Vong series, when he achieved Oneness.

DarthAnt66
Christ knows why he is making my life suffer with you joining here.
You are the embodiment of everything I despise, remember that.

Selenial
Seems legit thumb up

And I noticed a severe lack of protagonists on the list.

Not sure what you mean....

Revan
Surik
Yoda
Windu
Luke

Not protagonists?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ant does this with a lot of people, fyi. It's his defense mechanism for losing wink

I meant hero of tython and barsenthor btw sel.

Selenial
Christ knows why he is making my life suffer with you joining here.
You are the embodiment of everything I despise, remember that.

Oh I will.
This literally makes me want to stay more.

DarthAnt66
Also, damn you have less knowledge then I thought. Wait for tommorow and I'll teach you like a little school girl. smile

NewGuy01
Did your "most powerful Jedi" thread include Jedi who eventually fell? Ergo Jacen, Dooku, Anakin, and the like?

Selenial
Ant does this with a lot of people, fyi. It's his defense mechanism for losing wink

I meant hero of tython and barsenthor btw sel.

Trust me, I see this all the time from Legend, I'm used to it.

Oh, well yeh, Like I said on the Tor forums, we don't use the SW:Tor characters because they lack sourcebooks, novels and the like that most other characters have. They're briefly mentioned in one, but it's not enough.

We felt it was better to give characters with solid info on their time in the limelight, until we have canon definitions of what these people were, instead of umming and ahing and speculating until the sun rose.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You should want to stay more, btw. wink

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Did your "most powerful Jedi" thread include Jedi who eventually fell? Ergo Jacen, Dooku, Anakin, and the like?

Nope, that was the Sith list.

Caedus reached two, Dooku wasn't on there but he made the Saber list, Anakin was put on as Vader at #6 IIRC.

It was characters at their peak, so Revan was a Jedi because he was redeemed after falling

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Selenial
Oh I will.
This literally makes me want to stay more.

Goooooood, we need more anti-TORheads. cool

Though, I literally know nothing of your stances and thus can't really judge yet. You should start up a topic or two. Nothing valuable is going to come from Carthage as he currently is.

DarthAnt66
**** off Skillz. Even u admitted in chat she's a joke. U just want to piss me off.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>