Halo 5: Guardians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/16/halo-5-guardians-announced

I didn't get into Halo 4 as much as I wish I did. Lets see how Halo next gen goes!

Ridley_Prime
Guardians huh? The name would take a new meaning if the X-Box One still had DRM.

That blue-visored Spartan looks pretty cool though. If he's gonna be some kind of rival to Chief, hopefully he or whoever the main antagonist is doesn't have an anticlimactic end like the Didact did in 4.

And still waiting for that Halo 2 Anniversary.

Zack Fair
Me thinks it could be a Spartan 4/Multiplayer version of the player.

But a rival and stuff would be really cool. Wanna see Chief throwdown with another super powered being.

Tzeentch
I just... don't understand the point of someone wearing a cloak while garbed in power armor.

Zack Fair
The coolness. Plus maybe he is trying to keep a low profile(as low a profile a giant 8-9 foot, ton weighting power armored man can be)

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I just... don't understand the point of someone wearing a cloak while garbed in power armor.

Maybe his armor finally reached it's limit to how many times he can fall down to a planet/Halo ring, leaving parts of his body exposed to the harsh sand and needs protection hence the cloak.

How would it turn out if a Halo game is like Lost Planet only instead of trying to survive blizzards, you have to survive sandstorms I wonder.

Tzeentch
m.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/all-halo-5-guardians-dlc-maps-will-be-free

Most/all of the map dlc will be free. This is obviously a peace offering for catastrophe that was the MCC, but I appreciate the gesture all the same.

AgentJay04
The Guardians are giant Forerunner Bird constructs seen in the trailer. The plot is that Master Chief and Blue Team are apparently AWOL and Jameson Locke/(The Guy in blue) is supposed to track them with the help of Fireteam Osiris (which so includes Buck from ODST). The Covenant and Prometheans return in this game.

Zack Fair
I'm very interested in this Warzone mode.

Arachnid1
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3bis7y/halo_5_guardians_wont_feature_splitscreen_for/

Splitscreen in Halo is officially dead. Stupid move.

Omega Vision
So many people talking about their disappointed wives.

Yeah, sure lol.

Robtard
Originally posted by Arachnid1
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3bis7y/halo_5_guardians_wont_feature_splitscreen_for/

Splitscreen in Halo is officially dead. Stupid move.

That's ****ing annoying

Nemesis X
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Halo-5-Doesn-t-Allow-Map-Voting-84747.html

Map voting has been removed.

GOOD.

ares834
Rh_NXwqFvHc

eek!

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Nemesis X
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Halo-5-Doesn-t-Allow-Map-Voting-84747.html

Map voting has been removed.

GOOD. About time.

Smasandian
Yeah, I don't like map vote. I like playing a various amounts of maps.

Smasandian
Bought it and it's a lot of fun.

It's smooth, the sound is absolutely fantastic and multiplayer works flawlessly. I tried a few games of Arena and I still ****ing suck but I was starting to get into it. I enjoy how it's a bit old school and I have a good feeling I will be playing for awhile.

Man, I do want the Elite controller though but it's all sold out and I will probably feel like an idiot for paying about $200 for a controller....

RadZoa
Multiplayer is incredible, best since Halo 2, balanced, smooth, map design is excellent

Campaign is...well it's good but none of the concepts from the marketing campaign like Chief being a traitor or ONI being involved was actually in the game

Smasandian
Hey don't continue that conversation, I haven't finished yet.

I find it interesting regarding campaigns. The story itself does seem to be as good as some games but the mission structure is good. I enjoy how the missions play out. They are a lot more immersive and offer a lot of awesome opportunities to flank and defeats peeps.

In my opinion, campaigns is equal parts story and mission and map design. GameSpot reviewed Halo 5 and had issues with story but loved pretty much everything else and gave it an 8 yet....they gave Phantom Pain a 10 even though they have said the story is a piece of shit including mission design. I find it interesting on how some games can criticize while others do not for the same thing.

Personally, I having a ton of fun playing the campaign and while the story doesn't feel as great as it can be, the mission design and map design are incredible. I love how open the levels are and the movements they added are a much needed boost for the game. ****ing love jumping, flying to get to areas that provide me the ability to control the field. It's great.

Arachnid1
I've held off on buying this and Assassins Creed since Fallout is right around the corner. I'll probably get this more down the line

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by RadZoa
Multiplayer is incredible, best since Halo 2, balanced, smooth, map design is excellent

Campaign is...well it's good but none of the concepts from the marketing campaign like Chief being a traitor or ONI being involved was actually in the game
Well gee, thanks for the spoiler.

Been taking my time on the campaign. Just a few missions in.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Been taking my time on the campaign. Just a few missions in. Is it really spoiling if it doesn't happen? I've seen this all over the net. People are super peeved because the trailers mislead them into believing there would be some kind of conflict between Chief and Locke, and Chief is labeled a traitor to be hunted. This never happens. IGN even wrote an entire article on it which is probably still on the front page, and a ton of people are raging.

The actual story is apparently something alltogether different, so no one is really spoiled.

RadZoa

Been taking my time on the campaign. Just a few missions in. Not really a spoiler, just told you what WASN'T in the game....well I guess technically you at least know what not to expect but at least I haven't told you what's actually in the game.

RadZoa
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Is it really spoiling if it doesn't happen? I've seen this all over the net. People are super peeved because the trailers mislead them into believing there would be some kind of conflict between Chief and Locke, and Chief is labeled a traitor to be hunted. This never happens. IGN even wrote an entire article on it which is probably still on the front page, and a ton of people are raging.

The actual story is apparently something alltogether different, so no one is really spoiled. It could of been a really cool concept too with ONI's involvement since they're basically work from the shadows and spoon feed bullshit to the public

Smasandian
Truthfully, you are right but telling somebody what's not in the game is still kind of ruin the experience.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, it gave me a pretty good idea of what to expect after knowing what wasn't in the game, so what could've been a surprise for me was still kinda ruined in the end.

I should've just done what I did before by avoiding a thread for a game until I finished its story, period. Oh well.

But I'm not really mad about the story being different from what the trailers led you to believe. Not the first time this kind of thing's happened. Sorta used to it by now if anything, for better or worse.

Smasandian
So I have played about 10 arena slayer maps and I have been getting destroyed.

I got moved into a ranked playlist and changed my sensitivity and instead of getting 5 kills/15 deaths, the last matches I got were 17ish kills/6 deaths. Either I played complete shit players or the sensitivity was that slow. Previously, I had to get the drop on a guy to be able kill him. Now, if I get shot I can get out of it. It's pretty sweet.

ares834
Been loving the multiplayer. This is probably some of the most fun I've had on a shooter ever. Just wish they got rid of that ***** Breakout mode. It's absolutely terrible and every time I play my K/D ratio plummets.

Ridley_Prime
ahRDm9Bwlyc

Really don't know where he's coming from on this being one of the shortest Halo campaigns when for me, it was one of the longest (heroic/legendary), up there with Halo 2. Maybe some of the missions themselves could've been longer but it's still like, what? 12 missions not counting the 3 non-combat ones? And knocking the ending for having a cliffhanger as though others like Halo 2 didn't have one? lol

He's definitely not wrong though about the majority of them being with Spartan Locke, while less than a handful are with Chief... Recycling the Warden Eternal boss fights (who are a pain on legendary, needless to say) was kinda meh too, but the Warden did seem kinda fresh at first, far as promethean enemies go. A boss fight with Chief or Locke depending on who you're playing as could've been great too though, I suppose.

The REQ system I've been mixed on, though glad he addressed the bullshit microtransactions part of it, as expected, along with the misleading of the story, although I still liked it for what it was.

Oh, and agree on the Breakout mode @ ares.

Nemesis X
Can you seriously only get new armor for your Spartan via raffle? You can still unlock specific pieces after you reach a specific rank, complete online challenges or finish the campaign on Legendary can't you?

Zack Fair
I agree with most everything he said.

I bought this game because of my long time support of the franchise, but I think it is about time to hang up the pistol and move on. This direction is not for me.

One of my biggest issues with the game is the overly complicated single player hud. It is insane and makes me dizzy more often than not and this is something that has never, ever happened to me during my entire gaming life.

MP seems balanced and fun, but there is really only room for one FPS MP for me, and Destiny got that spot solidly. About as solid as the original Halo trilogy had it.

RadZoa
Originally posted by ares834
Been loving the multiplayer. This is probably some of the most fun I've had on a shooter ever. Just wish they got rid of that ***** Breakout mode. It's absolutely terrible and every time I play my K/D ratio plummets. Breakout is a separate mode, just don't play it

RadZoa
Ugh can't stand Somewhat upset Joe, haven't taken this idiot seriously since 2010 and considering that he monetized a video about Jewario and nearly cried when he couldn't monetize Nintendo footage, this dude is a massive money grubbing chode

Nemesis X
Yeah how dickish of somebody to enact free publicity to give a company's product attention. What a monster.

Zack Fair
lol

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I agree with most everything he said.

I bought this game because of my long time support of the franchise, but I think it is about time to hang up the pistol and move on. This direction is not for me.

One of my biggest issues with the game is the overly complicated single player hud. It is insane and makes me dizzy more often than not and this is something that has never, ever happened to me during my entire gaming life.

MP seems balanced and fun, but there is really only room for one FPS MP for me, and Destiny got that spot solidly. About as solid as the original Halo trilogy had it.
Man, this is sad to hear coming from you, but kind of understandable I guess. For all the new features the game added like the spartan charge, it also took away from the Halo experience in other areas.

Didn't have that kind of problem with the campaign hud, just getting used to the controls at first. If you're not gonna finish it I would say at least youtube the story cutscenes. Definitely know I'll be getting Halo 6 with the way it ended and to see how 343's trilogy ends. But as it is now, there's little denying that it's mostly a new generation of gamers carrying the series' success, while most of the older Halo veterans have just moved on... After 6 I can imagine I'd be done too.

Yeah, the multiplayer is fun, but I can tell it won't keep me hooked far as long as some previous Halo's did. Then again, might be too premature to say considering other playlists and shit that'll be added later.

Breakout is a separate mode, just don't play it
Sometimes Team Arena will make you play Breakout though.

Ugh can't stand Somewhat upset Joe, haven't taken this idiot seriously since 2010 and considering that he monetized a video about Jewario and nearly cried when he couldn't monetize Nintendo footage, this dude is a massive money grubbing chode
Jewario? The guy who committed suicide?

Zack Fair
I am not sure for how long Halo 5 MP, and in general, will remain relevant when all the heavy hitters come out swinging. Halo 4 had horrible retention, and it loos like the same might happen with 5 now that BLOPS3 has everyone all hyped up and we got the new top dog still reigning supreme(Destiny)

Ridley_Prime
True/probably, and that's no surprise about Halo 4. Even Reach's multiplayer didn't remain relevant as long as I hoped, and I enjoyed the hell out of that (at least compared to 4 and the like). Halo hasn't been 'top dog' since the original trilogy, to be honest really.

Zack Fair
True/probably, and that's no surprise about Halo 4. Even Reach's multiplayer didn't remain relevant as long as I hoped, and I enjoyed the hell out of that (at least compared to 4 and the like). Halo hasn't been 'top dog' since the original trilogy, to be honest really.

Agreed. I played every Halo extensively up to this one. I thought they were all pretty good with their ups and downs. Reach being the least liked MP wise. Its true that Halo is no longer the shooter to beat, and it sucks because I just can't help but respect the love and desire 343 has to bring it back to ESports front row. Its very interesting how 343 and Bungie's approach differ. 343 geared Halo towards a more competitive environment where as Bungie decided to go full casual with Destinyl. No surprise full casual is winning.

Still I haven't played the MP all that much, and I will do so this weekend. I refuse to give up on this franchise without a fight xD

RadZoa
Agreed. I played every Halo extensively up to this one. I thought they were all pretty good with their ups and downs. Reach being the least liked MP wise. Its true that Halo is no longer the shooter to beat, and it sucks because I just can't help but respect the love and desire 343 has to bring it back to ESports front row. Its very interesting how 343 and Bungie's approach differ. 343 geared Halo towards a more competitive environment where as Bungie decided to go full casual with Destinyl. No surprise full casual is winning.

Still I haven't played the MP all that much, and I will do so this weekend. I refuse to give up on this franchise without a fight xD Don't know if it's going to reach Halo 3 levels which had hundreds of thousands of players on years after launch and even has players on right now on the original version on the 360 (not many but the game is now 8 years old)

Even Halo Reach has 20,000+ players on right now, although it helped that they gave the game away for free with Games with Gold

But I do think Halo 5 will at least outlast Halo 4, not that that's saying much. The competitive focus will keep the hardcore players around, Warzone for the casuals and the fact that all the DLC will be free. I think Halo 5 will do just fine especially compared to Halo 4

Zack Fair
Having fun in Warzone woot

RadZoa
Warzone is pretty legit, the best thing to happen to Halo since Forge back in Halo 3

Tzeentch
ahRDm9BwlycJoe's ripping this a new *******.

Is the SP really like 4 hours long?

ares834
Maybe if you play on easy and rush...

It took a friend and me seven or eight hours on heroic.

Tzeentch
Might that be because you and your friend are shitters, though?

ares834
Nah.

Tzeentch
mmm

Omega Vision
ahRDm9BwlycJoe's ripping this a new *******.

Is the SP really like 4 hours long?
Jackfrags did a playthrough on Youtube. Five episodes long, average length was about 40-45 minutes. It does seem like a pretty skimpy storymode, and the ending seemed kind of anticlimactic.

Nemesis X
Kinda like Bungie's Halo 2 but that's okay. It's 343's trilogy so they got to end it somehow that'll make you want to see the third.

As for the length of the game, depends how long the highest difficulty will keep me busy do I consider it short or long and most Halo games have kept me busy for awhile on solo legendary. Halo 4's took me almost a whole day.

Ridley_Prime
First playthrough on heroic with a friend took me either a couple days or a day and a half given that we were also going for the intels, skulls, and some other miscellaneous stuff on first playthrough. And then a few or couple days for the solo legendary run, though was also doing other stuff in between.

Yeah, don't see how this campaign can be done in 4 hours unless one plays on easy and rushes through. Joe talking out of his ass again, even if he's right about most of the other things of the game.

And yep, Warzone is the shit. thumb up

RadZoa
There is no such thing as a set in length of a game. I've seen people take over 10 hours to beat Halo 5 on normal with less than 30 deaths. Cry Baby Joe most likely did a casual playthrough of the game, didn't find any intel or skulls and didn't take his time. Halo 5 story to me is a game that you should take your time with simply because there's a lot of hidden goodies in the game and some bad ass set pieces

RadZoa
Also, Exuberant Witness is AWESOME

Tzeentch
Thanks for that input, Phil.

Ridley_Prime
There is no such thing as a set in length of a game. I've seen people take over 10 hours to beat Halo 5 on normal with less than 30 deaths. Cry Baby Joe most likely did a casual playthrough of the game, didn't find any intel or skulls and didn't take his time. Halo 5 story to me is a game that you should take your time with simply because there's a lot of hidden goodies in the game and some bad ass set pieces
Yep. As it is, I'd still have to say 5's campaign is up there with Halo 2 in overall length. Went through Halo 2 and more on the MC collection not long before 5 came out, so I have a fairly fresh memory of it all; which campaigns were short, which ones were longest.

Anyone who beat Halo 5 in 4 hours or less pretty much had to of done a quick casual runthrough without taking their time. Maybe Joe even skipped some cutscenes as well and just watched them through someone else's playthrough before he reviewed, though that might be stretching it a bit.

Zack Fair
The campaign is very meh. It took me longer than 4 hours but I was doing it on heroic. Its hilarious how Joe didn't know split screen was removed lol

Ridley_Prime
The campaign is very meh. It took me longer than 4 hours but I was doing it on heroic. Its hilarious how Joe didn't know split screen was removed lol
What did you think all about the change with Cortana and stuff? (use spoilers for those who have yet to get the game and play the story)

I doubt the direction taken with her now is something Bungie would've done, but I kinda like it. An AI who overcomes rampancy that in turn becomes more self-aware and wants to do its own thing. The psychological tactics she was trying to do to Chief which he saw through was still annoying though.

Oh, also, the legendary post-credits ending scene shows an active Halo ring while you hear her voice humming in the background... Shit's gonna get real next time.

Zack Fair
I like the story. Granted I didn't give a single flying **** about Locke and fireteam Osiris, but I like the darker turn/grittier stuff.

Seeing Halsey with just one arm is always shocking. Especially at her age and after everything she's been through. I saw Cortana turning a mile away. It has been foreshadowed many times during the Halo saga and even in Marathon. I like the personal touch/struggle Chief has with her. Its quite awesome. Especially how she is so obsessed with him and pretty much an overly attached girlfriend xD

Tzeentch
Just got to my friend's house, I'm going to play through it on legendary.

'pinions pending.

steverules_2
I was thinking about getting an xbox one so I could play the halo games, but 3 missions as master chief... erm I'll wait for it to go down in price, dunno why Joe shat on Halo 4 which in my opinion was an amazing game.

Zack Fair
Halo 4 was pretty good.

Tzeentch
Well, we ended up beating the campaign on legendary in ~5 1/2 hours, so I guess you guys are a bunch of apologist shitters.

The MP is pretty fun (though hilariously incomplete), but I'm pretty glad I didn't drop the cash on getting a 'bone just for this. I'll probably scoop it up when it's 20 bucks off with all the DLC and features that should have been available day-one bundled in.

Zack Fair
Playing coop sounds fun. Doing solo runs on harder difficulties is awful. fireteams Osiris and Blue team are dumber than regular marines. And that is saying something crylaugh

Ridley_Prime
Yeeep. Had to have patience of steel when it came to solo legend because of that. Plenty of times I would have to get up and do something else for a couple minutes while waiting for the team to respawn, as the best thing they could do usually was help distract a Warden or something. Occasionally they could make use of something like an incineration cannon or fuel rod if I ordered one to pick it up, but didn't do much with a sniper or anything else.

My experience with them wasn't really worse than the marines though. Halo's AI in general has always been rather dumb, but being able to order them around at least made it somewhat more tolerable, I guess.

Apologist? laughing out loud Overall, while the game's still fun, it won't really be a system seller by any means. That time for Halo is past if they keep handling it the way they do now, at least at launch. Heard some stuff like Forge would later be a DLC, but that kind of shit should've been in at launch. Already took a bit of a break from the game with the state it's in currently.

Tzeentch
BtB and Forge is coming out in December, right? Is there any dlc planned for next year that we know about?

Zack Fair
Free DLC maps and stuff I think.

Smasandian
All maps are free.

Playing by myself, I took about 8 hours to beat it on normal. AngryJoe played it on Normal with friends. Of course it's going to take less time than somebody solo'ing it.

Also, I call bullshit that he didn't know it was splitscreen. For somebody that is part of the gaming scenes, I find it ****ing hilarious that he did not know splitscreen was taken out. For somebody who gets up on his soapbox about ethics in publishers, I find it incredibly suspect that he found out splitscreen was taken out by playing the game and trying to set it up. It's misleading. As well, he's being an idiot that he things MS is trying to sell more consoles by removing. If this was the only company that doesn't do splitscreen, I might believe a bit of that but they are not. Splitscreen has been taken out of games for years for the exact reason MS has said. Does this make it right? No. I loved splitscreen with my friends while playing the Gears series.

Overall, with 5-10 hour campaign length that works well with co-op and works well with repeat playthroughs, a arena mode, a new Warzone mode and free DLC for at least 6 months....more than worth the price.

Ridley_Prime
Like others have suspected with some of his videos, I think Joe was prolly playing the ol' bait & switch card when it came to claiming he didn't know that split screen was taken out... There's no way someone as big as in the gaming scene as him could not of known beforehand that it was taken out. It would've been better (on his part) if he had ranted about it before the game was out instead of acting like he only knew about it now.

p.s. Oddly enough, at least split screen is something I can complement the current Battlefront for having when they could've easily excluded it for the same reasons this game did.

Smasandian
Yeah, I never really noticed but your absolutely right regarding Angry Joe and bait switching with the Halo 5 review. If he didn't know, why are we watching reviews by him because he clearly doesn't know anything. And if he did, it's totally unethical on what he did during that review. Normally I wouldn't care too much but he makes a name for himself for blasting the "video game industry" for the same behaviour.

I suspect that Halo 5 splitscreen was removed because of the dynamic FPS adjustment it does. I might be completely wrong, but with two independent viewpoints, they would need to have both screens adjusted automatically because the resolution changes depending on the action that is taking place. And because 4 people could be doing different things, the FPS could be different for each person. I'm guessing though. They could just limit all screens for 30FPS and less resolution but people would be complaining that.

In the end, it sucks.

Jmanghan
I hate this game. Worst game of the year, IMO.

Stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

Lol at Micro-Transactions, in any console game, ever.

I refuse to buy a console game that uses Micro-Transactions, thats where mobile games shine, let it stay that way.

Smasandian
Why do you hate it?

What games have you played this year?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
Why do you hate it?

What games have you played this year? Because they're trying to change what isn't broken, do what is being done with the Arkham series, add NEW mechanics instead of taking away old ones.

Nemesis X
***ING SPOILER TAGS YOU ****ING IDIOT!!!!

Nemesis X
I didn't even get to play Halo 5 yet and that would've surprised the heck out of me! You ruined the campaign for everyone reading your post. Hope you're proud of yourself, jackass.

Pardon the half hour gap between posts as I was SEATHING WITH RAGE.

Jmanghan
I didn't even get to play Halo 5 yet and that would've surprised the heck out of me! You ruined the campaign for everyone reading your post. Hope you're proud of yourself, jackass.

Pardon the half hour gap between posts as I was SEATHING WITH RAGE. I'm sorry I spoiled the single cutscene for you, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

But really, why are you even in here looking over 4 pages of posts if you haven't played the game yet? Just a playful thought.

Nemesis X
Doesn't mean I can't come in to see what everybody's opinion is. Game's not even a whole month old yet and you're spouting that? There are spoiler tags for a reason!

Jmanghan
Doesn't mean I can't come in to see what everybody's opinion is. Game's not even a whole month old yet and you're spouting that? There are spoiler tags for a reason! Not when you aren't posting from a computer there aren't. I doubt this is gonna be the last time something like this happens to you, sorry dude.

Impediment
***ING SPOILER TAGS YOU ****ING IDIOT!!!!

Spoiler post has been deleted.

There is no excuse for not using spoiler tags; it's just common courtesy.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Because they're trying to change what isn't broken, do what is being done with the Arkham series, add NEW mechanics instead of taking away old ones.

What mechanics were removed?

Also, the Arkham series is not even 10 years old (I think 5ish) while Halo has been out for almost 15 years. Times change.

Unless you want to go back to the original where every corridor is the same through each level.

Jmanghan
What mechanics were removed?

Also, the Arkham series is not even 10 years old (I think 5ish) while Halo has been out for almost 15 years. Times change.

Unless you want to go back to the original where every corridor is the same through each level. Halo 1 and 2 had better level design, yeah.

Wide open spaces is not good for a shooter.

Smasandian
No it didn't. Halo is considered to be one of the worst designed games in terms of levels. Why do you think the Library level has always been labelled as one of the worst in any game. Hell, some of the levels repeat but you go back in another direction.

Halo 5 has probably some of the best level design in the series. Wide open spaces are amazing. I have no idea why you think that.

But back to my original question, what did they remove from Halo 5?

Nemesis X
Warden Eternal is such an eye gouging experience. It's no wonder the Didact in Halo 4 didn't have a boss battle. 343 Industries sucks at it.

Smasandian
Yeah, the last battle is brutal especially doing it solo. The game saved at a spot where everybody in my team died and it was literally impossible for me to revive them because of the boss.

But I do think the SP campaign is probably the best in the series. The level design is far ahead of anything Bungie has ever done. And the movement controls freshen up the game a fair bit.

Nemesis X
That's exactly what happened to me. On solo legendary, the final battle came down to just one Warden. My checkpoint was activated right as he swung his sword at my remaining two teammates at the same time. If that didn't make matters worse, four promethean turrets would spawn. So here I am, practically without ammo, all this shit happening at once and the heavy weapons are across the room. I would stun the Warden with a rush attack and revive the others as a means to buy me some time while I get the weapons but if that didn't work, yolo it. You can imagine the results so I had to restart the whole damn level.

Smasandian
Yeah, that's probably the only real weak part of the campaign.

Ridley_Prime
Unless you want to go back to the original where every corridor is the same through each level.
That's what I hated about CE every time replaying it, especially Assault on the Control Room and Two Betrayals. Recycled rooms everywhere. (there was the Library that you mentioned too, but I didn't think it was that bad in comparison)

But yeah, the likes of the original was far from having the best level design, despite the nostalgia glasses some might have for it. As for wide open spaces vs corridors, it depends on the shooter series as to which is more preferable, but I think the former feels more right for Halo.

Warden Eternal is such an eye gouging experience. It's no wonder the Didact in Halo 4 didn't have a boss battle. 343 Industries sucks at it.
Still would've liked if we had gotten one from the Didact. At least he would've only had one body, as it wasn't implied he had multiple like the Warden... Sorry you had to restart that level.

Nemesis X
I don't buy Cortana and all AIs to be the Reclaimer foretold by the Forerunners. Guilty Spark and the Librarian would address Chief as such even when Cortana wasn't on his person so clearly the Warden is manipulating her to be this prophesized bringer of peace and is only pretending she's in charge (as if the orange glow off him hinting Didact influence wasn't clear enough). Otherwise Halo lore is confusing at this point.

Smasandian
When is "lore" ever clear?

Tzeentch
Before the third game, which started the descent into convoluted "you are the demons!" horseshit.

Smasandian
That's kind of my point though. The more and more games, books, movie and comics come out for any series, the "lore" become incredibly convoluted because 99% of the time the stories are not created with it mind.

Is their any series that this isn't the case? Maybe Harry Potter?

Jmanghan
If you want my opinion on this game, just take in mind, in terms of this game itself, I agree with every last thing that Angry Joe has said about it.

Smasandian
That review was bullshit and misleading.

Jmanghan
That review was bullshit and misleading.

In what way? Enlighten me.

Nemesis X
If you want my opinion on this game, just take in mind, in terms of this game itself, I agree with every last thing that Angry Joe has said about it.

Really? You agree with everything? Even the part with the length of the campaign on easy/normal difficulty? Your complaint is you're a casual player and this scripted, linear story mode doesn't satisfy your need to mow through enemies quicker but still have a long adventure. Sure blame the game for your choices.

Oh no! The game is bridging Halo 4 and 6 and they left 5 off with a cliffhanger! Boohoo!

Tzeentch
If you can beat it on legendary in under 6 hours then it's too short.

Jmanghan
No, it doesn't have the appeal of Chief and his new team through-out most of the story.

They mislead us as well, making us think there would be this huge climax between Chief and Locke.

Also, one of the main selling points for Halo, the co-op, the splitscreen multiplayer, all gone.

The Multiplayer was on par with Halo 4 at best.

The story, who is Locke and why do I care about him?

Why should I care about this nobody? Why should I care about him half as much as I do Chief? I grew up with Master Chief and Cortana, and they are bringing unwanted twists to both their stories.

Nemesis X
If you can beat it on legendary in under 6 hours then it's too short.

On solo?

Jmanghan
If you're like me, and only buy Halo for Chief, Cortana and Co-Op/Splitscreen Multiplayer, you are gonna hate this game, you just aren't gonna like it.

What's worse is, I have a feeling that Chief is gonna get killed off and then Locke is gonna be our new protagonist, permanently.

Like, the Arbiter, he was far more interesting, he had depth, and we already knew a lot about him pre-Halo 2. Whereas Locke just shows up and we get one single scene where he's acting like a bad-ass, and then nothing like that ever happens again.

Nemesis X
No, it doesn't have the appeal of Chief and his new team through-out most of the story.

Blue Team had very few chapters, true, but Chief's presence was still there.

On these we can agree on.

Give me one mode in 4 that's comparable to the new, refreshing Warzone in 5. Also the common Arena matches aren't like Halo 4's matchmaking where you customize to have a ghey load out with nothing but plasma pistols and plasma grenades.

Same can be said for the Arbiter in Halo 2 who took more focus in the story than Chief did and everyone loves him. Even you. So come Halo 6, people will be appreciating Locke just as much.

Smasandian
The multiplayer in this game is damn good. There is arena, forge, warzone with big team battle back and other things as well. As well, it took me about 8-10 hours on normal to beat the game and I didn't really try to find all the collectibles. That was solo.

But in regards to Angry Joe? There is a scene where he and his friend put the disc in and notice that there isn't any splitscreen and then ***** about it. First, 343 have been telling fans that splitscreen is not in the game (probably because of the dynamic framerate thingy) and they have been saying that for months......so I highly ****ing doubt AngryJoe did not know about the lack of splitscreen considering a. he makes money talking about games b. huge Halo fan. So that scenes is complete bullshit and fake and considering AngryJoe makes a "name" for himself by bitching about companies, he is doing the exact same shit as they are. Or, he literally didn't know and that means, why the **** are we taking it seriously.

Ridley_Prime
Still not getting the dislike for Locke as a character. A bit static right now maybe, sure, but perfectly serviceable for the series, especially if Nightfall is anything to go by.

Smasandian
People are having the same conversation about Locke that they had during Halo 2.

Jmanghan
Blue Team had very few chapters, true, but Chief's presence was still there.

On these we can agree on.

Give me one mode in 4 that's comparable to the new, refreshing Warzone in 5. Also the common Arena matches aren't like Halo 4's matchmaking where you customize to have a ghey load out with nothing but plasma pistols and plasma grenades.

Same can be said for the Arbiter in Halo 2 who took more focus in the story than Chief did and everyone loves him. Even you. So come Halo 6, people will be appreciating Locke just as much. The Arbiter grew as a character through-out 2, and the role of Arbiter was already established in the lore before Halo 2.

Locke is just some punk kid who thinks he's in Chief's league, and he's also boring as hell.

Smasandian
Your ****ing lying.

Arbiter showed up in Halo 2. He wasn't established. It was supposed to be a secret that you play as a secondary character. I have no idea why you think he was established before Halo 2 because he wasn't.

As well, people had the same bitches and complaints when Raiden was a more part of Sons of Liberty. Now, people love him.

Locke would probably follow the same suit as those two characters.

Ridley_Prime
Locke and his background was also fairly established in the lore before Halo 5; a badass mercenary and whatnot before he became a spartan. I prefer Arbiter more too, but by Halo character standards he's still likable enough, whether he's actually on par with Chief or not. Depending on how Halo 6 turns out, Locke will probably grow more by then, regardless.

Jmanghan
Your ****ing lying.

Arbiter showed up in Halo 2. He wasn't established. It was supposed to be a secret that you play as a secondary character. I have no idea why you think he was established before Halo 2 because he wasn't.

As well, people had the same bitches and complaints when Raiden was a more part of Sons of Liberty. Now, people love him.

Locke would probably follow the same suit as those two characters. Wasn't Arbiter mentioned in Halo 1?

Nemesis X
The Arbiter was completely nonexistent until Halo 2 happened. So no. He was not.

Smasandian
Locke and his background was also fairly established in the lore before Halo 5; a badass mercenary and whatnot before he became a spartan. I prefer Arbiter more too, but by Halo character standards he's still likable enough, whether he's actually on par with Chief or not. Depending on how Halo 6 turns out, Locke will probably grow more by then, regardless.

Probably. Just like how Raiden and Arbitar grew on people after initial shock.

I didn't mind him. Personally, I never really thought Master Chief was that great of a character aside from his badassary.

Nemesis X
Much as I have to criticize 343 Industries over how they treat Halo sometimes, you gotta give them credit advancing Chief to be this more outspoken character against his high ranking superiors like Del Rio if the orders given prove stupid. That's always satisfying to witness.

Ridley_Prime
Yep. They gave Chief more character/development than Bungie ever did, I felt.

Jmanghan
Yep. They gave Chief more character/development than Bungie ever did, I felt. Yet we cared about him a lot more when Bungie was running the show.

Ridley_Prime
What was there about him to really care about in the first three games, compared to now? He hardly had personal struggles or anything then, the way he has with Halo 4 and onward. He feels a bit more human now, despite still fitting the mold for the typical stoic one-liner badass protagonist.

Smasandian
Yep. The first game he had nothing. It was only from Halo 2 that we knew very little about him and it wasn't that great.

I don't know why people think Master Chief is the amazing, fully detailed character. He is not. He's just a guy with a gun. It was only until Halo 4 when he started to have some sort of personality.

It's the same with Gordon Freeman.

Ridley_Prime
So, the new Warzone Firefight mode is actually good. Like a surprisingly good reason to come back to this game. If there's one thing this game could be getting more praise for, it's all the free DLC. I mean after all the paid DLC of the previous Halo's for map packs, etc, am just still amazed that all this decent additional content is actually free. Props to 343 for that.

Yeah, you can argue or say that Halo 5 was somewhat of an incomplete game at launch, but now it's got all that I could've wanted from it a year ago... Just hope Halo 6 doesn't make that same initial mistake, whenever it happens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.