Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
Halo: The Master Chief Collection has been revealed for Xbox One.

According to a report from Engadget, the Master Chief Collection will include remastered versions of Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 and will be out this year.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection aims to refresh gamers' memories about Master Chief in advance of Halo 5: Guardians, which was announced today. As such, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach won't be included.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection-revealed?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

GOD **** IT! I'm trading my PS4 for a One.

http://i.minus.com/i7veL9wbPUU85.gif

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Zack Fair
http://cdn.arwrath.com/2/206490.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sw3QYxO.gif
LOL. I love the internet.

Nemesis X
They still better make an HD version of Halo 2 for the 360. I already have Combat Evolved, Halo 3 and 4. Microsoft should've made the One backwards compatible for those. To say we have to rebuy them to play on a next gen console is a load of ass cock.

I was worried what Sony did with Tomb Raider and the Last of Us would set a dangerous precedent that can encourage other companies to rerelease the same games instead of just porting them and I was right.

Lek Kuen
Next they will cut off live support for the 360 versions >:3

Zack Fair
Some of these games are more than 10 years old though. We dont know the prices. We dont know the details. Still online multiplayer for Halo 2 is a must fkn have.

Ridley_Prime
Glad as I am about kinectless xbones being a thing now as the next person and thus getting a One actually being within reason sometime in the future, I'm in no rush for doing so over a collection like this... I mean with all the other Halos I have or have had (pretty much all of them barring 2 and some of the side ones like Wars and ODST) I'd only be interested in an individual Halo 2 remaster like what Combat Evolved got in 2011 (especially if said remaster has Halo 2's online multiplayer as opposed to doing something lazy like how Combat Evolved Anniversary ported Reach's online). If we're not getting that then probably no dice from me.

And if MS is dick enough to like cut off live support for 360 versions of earlier Halos when this collection comes out so be it. I've still had my fair share of Halo for the time being and can wait however long for 5 if/whenever I do get a One.

Also, how quick some of us are to completely jumping ships. stick out tongue

Smasandian
Originally posted by Nemesis X
They still better make an HD version of Halo 2 for the 360. I already have Combat Evolved, Halo 3 and 4. Microsoft should've made the One backwards compatible for those. To say we have to rebuy them to play on a next gen console is a load of ass cock.

I was worried what Sony did with Tomb Raider and the Last of Us would set a dangerous precedent that can encourage other companies to rerelease the same games instead of just porting them and I was right.

Then don't buy it. I'm not sure how MS is making you buy this.

All companies do it. This practice is not new. Don't buy it because nobody is making you do it.

When I bought a PS3, I enjoyed having these collections (especially when they go on sale) because I could play games I didn't before.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Glad as I am about kinectless xbones being a thing now as the next person and thus getting a One actually being within reason sometime in the future, I'm in no rush for doing so over a collection like this... I mean with all the other Halos I have or have had (pretty much all of them barring 2 and some of the side ones like Wars and ODST) I'd only be interested in an individual Halo 2 remaster like what Combat Evolved got in 2011 (especially if said remaster has Halo 2's online multiplayer as opposed to doing something lazy like how Combat Evolved Anniversary ported Reach's online). If we're not getting that then probably no dice from me.

And if MS is dick enough to like cut off live support for 360 versions of earlier Halos when this collection comes out so be it. I've still had my fair share of Halo for the time being and can wait however long for 5 if/whenever I do get a One.

Also, how quick some of us are to completely jumping ships. stick out tongue I'm a Halo lunatic my friend. Halo and MGS are the 2 franchises that manage to own and steal money from my wallet. Still I'm not gonna switch for this, but I must say this is a nice little addition. I'll switch to One when Halo 5 comes out. Unless Halo 2 has online multiplayer and it has remained untouched. That would just own me and make me buy one today.

ares834
AgLj-vXmrmM

http://forums.superherohype.com/images/smilies/th_eek.gif

Tzeentch
Looks great.

Also makes me sad. With the amount of production value they're putting into it, they might as well just make a whole new game. I think it'd be cool if they did what Capcom does with its RE spin-offs; have a game based around events we've already seen, but involving other characters who didn't have the spotlight previously.

In this case, I always felt like Miranda Keyes was an underutilized character, and while I don't advocate playing as her, I think it'd be pretty dope to play a character who coordinates with her to get shit done during the events of the war for Earth and the subsequent events the second Halo ring. Surely there must have been a ton of shit she was involved in while the Chief was doing his thang. Very similar to ODST in concept, but you know... an actual ****ing feature-length game, rather than a pseudo-expansion sold as a feature-length game.

So yeah. I'd honestly prefer that, at least for the SP, to just Halo 2 HD.

Robtard
Overall agreed, I'd rather have a new game.

But there is appeal to playing Halo 1-2 again in a shiny new package.

ares834
Honestly, a new Halo wouldn't get me nearly as excited. I'm very nostalgic, so this game alone may convince me to buy a X-bone. A new Halo wouldn't do that.

Tzeentch
what a beta

Zack Fair
thumb up

ares834
Originally posted by Tzeentch
what a beta

says that man who squabbles over a woman's choice of shoes. wink

Tzeentch
Calm down. Not respecting a woman's right to wear what she wants is the most alpha thing there is, Ares.

ares834
mmm

Good point.

Zack Fair
I will just go ahead and leave this here

L1sPhQiaro4

So who else is getting a One this winter?

ares834
A few posts up. But yeah looks amazing.

Zack Fair
Aye aye.

Zack Fair
So its confirmed CE will be playable online. This is the first time Halo 1 MP can be played on Xbox live. This sold me even more and I'm shocked that it isn't highlighted as much as it should.

Tzeentch
Halo 1 MP is playable online.

Sweet mother of God.

RaventheOnly
70utG1L5bfU

Nemesis X
Oh like how Halo 1 should've been playable online three years ago for the Anniversary? It's no wonder Reach was the multiplayer.

Zack Fair
Oh like how Halo 1 should've been playable online three years ago for the Anniversary? It's no wonder Reach was the multiplayer. ???

Sarcasm much I see.

Zack Fair
N0DPJT5pzMg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z261/TheAceRock/RandyMarshJizz.jpg

Zack Fair
Im getting my Xbone tomorrow durw00t

Zack Fair
Pre-Installing this woot

Zack Fair
My body is so not ready for this. I will travel back in time. Big time. So pumped and glad MS gave Halo 2 the respect, cash-grab and new shinny graphics it deserves.ixRkpdTZSh8

I don't care if I just discuss it with myself. You ****ers getting spammed.

ares834
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mog1.gif

Arachnid1
Holy hell that was legit

I cant wait for this!

Nemesis X
I don't care if I just discuss it with myself. You ****ers getting spammed.

It's not that I don't like the MC Collection (even though Halo 2 Anniversary not being on 360 is total bullshit), I just don't want to hype myself over something on a console I don't have.

Zack Fair
It's not that I don't like the MC Collection (even though Halo 2 Anniversary not being on 360 is total bullshit), I just don't want to hype myself over something on a console I don't have.

Aw I see.

Why is it total bullshit though?

ares834
Because now he can't play it.

Tzeentch
I can't either. And it is kind of lame because it's not like the tech they're using for the games are next-gen -the 360 could easily handle the HD graphics -it's just a marketing scheme to entice you into buying a One.

Understandable, but futile. If I wanted to spend exorbitant amounts of money on a console just so I could play ten year old games with slightly better graphics, I'd have bought a Nintendo one.

ares834
I'm picking up my Xbone later today. So it worked on me. sad

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ares834
I'm picking up my Xbone later today. So it worked on me. sad Same here. thumb up

I recommend getting it digital so you can pre-download the 20 GBs before release and can play at midnight.

Besides the value of the collection is huge. So much content. Now if only it managed to shake the foundations again and steal CoD players(for better or worse) I miss the old MLG days. So much hype.

BlackZero30x
Same here. thumb up

I recommend getting it digital so you can pre-download the 20 GBs before release and can play at midnight.

Besides the value of the collection is huge. So much content. Now if only it managed to shake the foundations again and steal CoD players(for better or worse) I miss the old MLG days. So much hype.

I did the digital version and have the game pre-installed but I didn't get the 20gb day one update.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I did the digital version and have the game pre-installed but I didn't get the 20gb day one update. It should start DLing tomorrow or sometime tonight. Unless 343/MS is just messing with us.

Zack Fair
Er I meant sometime before release* Mixed this release with CoD's.

BlackZero30x
lol I hope. I bought digital for the soul reaon to play this at midnight.

Zack Fair
Check your DL bro. Mine got up to 60 like they said woot

I'm so hyped! COmbination of nostalgia and excitement kicking my balls

BlackZero30x
Yeah! I checked and mine is 59.1.

Zack Fair
343 ****ed up big time. =\

BlackZero30x
Yeah they did Terrible freaking launch

Everything about this game is screwed up in some way. Im an Achievement Whore and some of the Achievements I have earned wont unlock. The Servers are terrible to the point that it takes forever to get into a match and sometimes when I do Im all alone...no team mates and no other team. Story randomly kicks you and barely lets you co op. They promise they have fixes coming for everything really soon though.

Zack Fair
In their defense they had huge plans/ambition with this collection. I'm not really surprised with the current situation, well maybe a little. What I am is pissed off, and I would be throwing fits left and right if it wasn't for my addiction to Destiny.

Have only been able to play 1 single match. The campaign somehow decided to forget my current checkpoint and pushed me back to the 2nd level. I haven't bothered with the achievements yet. Too many.

ares834
Read that the Xbox achievement cloud went down so that's micros tots fault not 343. But yeah, servers are terrible right now. Borderline unplayable at times.

BlackZero30x
It could be. I just hope the Achievement stuff gets fixed. I got like 6 other Achievements thinking those unlocking would some how pop the ones I have stuck but didn't happen. At least the Achievements unlock....Just not all of them lol

Arachnid1
I cant even do coop legendary with me friends.

And they left out infection mode, which blows since that was one of my tops.

Rough launch indeed.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I cant even do coop legendary with me friends.

And they left out infection mode, which blows since that was one of my tops.

Rough launch indeed.

There is an Infection match type in custume game

Nemesis X
I hear 343 will be removing some playlists to find out if matchmaking will work. Oi...

Zack Fair
They did. Like 65% of the list is gone.

SMH 343.

BlackZero30x
yup and its not helping. The servers are awful, Playing with friends is real difficult, playing in general is difficult and they are now removing content. So I paid $60 so 343 could f*** me up the a** it would seem.

Zack Fair
Way to drop the ball 343.

This was supposed to try and revitalize the franchise and make people love Halo again. SMH.

Smasandian
This is like mostly every other launch nowadays.

It will be fixed. Everything will be fine. People will enjoy the game that was released three days ago.

Tzeentch
Watching clips of the gameplay on youtube really does tug at the ol' nostalgia strings.

I just... can't bring myself to buy a One, though.

Smasandian
Understandable, even though there is actual games for this system. Sunset Overdrive is a very fun game.

Online issues will be fixed and everybody will be happy. There is so much content in the collection that you could play all four SP campaigns and then do MP afterwards.

I just started Halo: CE for the first time in years and I forgot how easy games are today. At one point, I was like, "where the hell do I have to go again".....

Zack Fair
TBH I bought the collection solely for MP and playing the new shiny H2 campaign. I've

Smasandian
So I have been playing the campaigns and beat the first two.

Originally, I bought Halo on the PC when I got my first awesome gaming computer. I also bought Doom 3 as well. I heard so many great things about the game so I actually started playing it before Doom 3 (which also got great reviews). At first I enjoyed it but after awhile, I was like, "what the **** is this?". I got so bored with it. Considering I was about to play Doom 3 and loved Half Life, Halo is the complete opposite. Anywhoo, re-playing gave me a new perspective. The action/gunplay are absolutely fantastic and the open driving sections would of been awesome when the Xbox was released. But, it still doesn't cover up the fact that Halo reused so many of its level designs that it's complete padding. You essential replay the same levels twice and the worst part, each level reuses art assets completely. The Control Room level is ****ing brutal, it reuses the same layout for an hour or so. While I got annoyed with the Flood I don't mind them as much as I used to do.

Then I replayed Halo 2. Much better campaign. Each level is pretty unique in it' setting and there is some interesting events that happen. I also enjoyed have more weapons to choose from that are very different and the story is a bit more involved. The remastered cinematics are ****ing amazing and really help you get into the story and universe of Halo. Overall, much better campaign. Can't really comment on the ending because of the unique situation of knowing two more games await me....

I'm glad I bought this collection. MP is fun too.

Zack Fair
I still remember the first time I walked into Halo in the level called Halo(LoL). My jaw dropped. The vast open spaces, the warthog run with searching and rescuing marines to mount geurrilla warfare still stands out to this day. It was just so epic and new to me. ANd how can I forget the open sandbox of the Silent Cartographer with storming the beach and its open sandbox. My favorite Halo level ever.

Halo 1 is still pretty damned good thumb up Although yes the later part of the game sucks except for the grandessque warthog escape at the end.

Haven't played much of the collection though. The release issues kind of turned me off and got me back into the addiction that is Destiny, but now I got thanksgiving weekend. durw00t

Smasandian
Yeah, the escape is fun and the first of the game is as well but I can't look past the last five levels. I thought The Library was bad but both the Library and Control Room were shit.

It also doesn't help the last few levels are just the first few levels in reverse.

The matchmaking is working decently well. To get into a match is pretty quick (for matchmaking standards) but I find finishing a map and if the player count goes below the minimum, you might as well just quit and start anew.

Zack Fair
Yeah. I'm not defending Bungie's decision to reuse everything. I'm well aware of everything. It was even more tedious when playing through them on Legendary lol.

Library is really bad, and control room but IMHO the worst Halo level ever made is Cortana in Halo 3.

Still makes me cringe to this day.

Arachnid1
I've been playing FC4 while this game got its fixes. Hows everything running?

And have they returned the infection mode to matchmaking yet?

Smasandian
Don't think so.

I can get into matches and the run extremely well (no slowdown at all) but there is still some hiccups. Definitely playable but I still think they are running a short playlist still.

And the campaigns runs fine. Just remember to quit and save instead of just shutting off the console. In Halo 2, I played 75% through and it froze of me and I guess the checkpoints are only there when playing and doesn't save to the HDD. It doesn't really matter because every missions is available from the start but just a heads up.

Zack Fair
Haven't played much matchmaking or campaign. The issues held me back from doing so, but from what little I gathered from my nephew playing it seems like matchmaking is working much better, faster and fluid.

ares834
343 adding ODST campaign for free!

The fact that the servers are so shitty is completely unacceptable, but it's damn good of them to give us a remastered ODST.

Zack Fair
Meh.

10 bucks the ODST campaign ****s everything up. Even more so.

It is a nice gesture though. ANd I read they are going to give us another remastered map.

Arachnid1
Would have preferred Reach, but ODST is the only one I never really played. Played the first level only, so cool I guess.

Hopefully they release Reach as DLC someday. Its now the only Halo game besides Wars we cant play on One.

Also, give us Infected mode already!

Smasandian
I was going to buy ODST anyways so this is sweet!

Robtard
ODST is the worst of the series and little more than an expansion than a standalone game. So it should be for free.

Smasandian
Sure. Its about 6 hours long and if they don't do anything to it aside from a bit of resolution fixes then that's about $15 bucks.

So it's good that it is free still.

Zack Fair
Disagree about ODST being the worst of the series. I liked the open ended/sandbox nature of the campaign. That was really good. Also cool to watch the covies from the non-godlike perspective of MC.

Agreed with Smas. They could easily charge for it. Not much though.

Smasandian
Yeah, I would suspect they would charge about $20 for it if it came as DLC.

Zack Fair
Pretty much. MS has no shame when it comes to overpricing stuff lol.

Anyways I was watching Forward unto Dawn and I gotta say there is untaped potential for lots and lots of horror within the Halo universe. The best parts of the 40 minutes one shot were when the humans were completely helpless against the terrifying nature of the Covenant(Elites in particular)

BlackZero30x
From what I read ODST will only be free for people that have played between release and Dec 19th. They are also giving a nameplate and avatar in game only for those people along with a free month of gold.

Smasandian
Pretty much. MS has no shame when it comes to overpricing stuff lol.

Anyways I was watching Forward unto Dawn and I gotta say there is untaped potential for lots and lots of horror within the Halo universe. The best parts of the 40 minutes one shot were when the humans were completely helpless against the terrifying nature of the Covenant(Elites in particular)

Yeah, it does. The series was very well done for what it was.

Smasandian
Started playing Halo 4 again.

It's crazy how different the 4th is from the 3rd. The graphics and sound design are light years ahead of Halo 3. It's not even close. I don't know if they did anything to that graphics/sound but it's incredible.

It basically makes me want to play Halo 5.

Zack Fair
Did ya play Halo 4 when it came out? It had insane graphics for being a 360 game. It is the same game just running at 1080p and 60FPS and it looks absolutely amazing. Almost current gen to be completely honest.

Tzeentch
I've heard that aside from the crippling bugs, this is one of the best value buys of 2014.

Watching the HD Halo 2 cutscenes on youtube gave me a girthy chub. If I had the disposable income I'd probably buy a One just for this game.

... well not really. But if I did buy a One this'd be my first buy.

Zack Fair
thumb up

It is the most awesome collection of games ever. Being able to play all Halos on the one and having Halo 2 updated with One graphics is just too good an offer. I'm a rabid Halo fan, but even the biggest hater will have a hard time bitching about the value of MCC(bugs aside)

We're talking 4 epic campaigns that have 4 player co-op each. We also have the MP of all the Halos in one disc/download with dedicated servers running on 60FPS(AWESOME) We also have over 4000 Achievement points for the Achievement whores out there. And we have All the Halo extras such as Halo:Nightfall(kick ass series) and 5(soonto be 6) remade maps that are way better than their original Halo 2 counterparts(which is saying something considering Halo 2 has the best maps across the entire series) And we will soon get ODST and an extra mode: Firefight on top of it all.

Agreed. If you have an Xbone you got to buy this.

Smasandian
Yeah, it's a sweet collection.

I did play Halo 4 but I played it when I was living with my in laws while I was waiting for my house to be built. I didn't have my sound system hooked up and I did it during the daytime when I was bloody sick. I guess I don't remember it.

But still, my point still stands. They did a ****ing awesome job with the sound/graphics in the game. I also enjoy how they included more cinematic events during gameplay (like seeing your hands hit the buttons and such).

Nemesis X
It's been how long since this game's launch and you still can't find a match online. The lobbies are always filled up with all but one more player to take the remaining slot but it takes forever to find that last player almost like it's on purpose. This has happened on every other game I picked from Team Slayer all the way down to Big Team Battle so it can't be a coincidence. I only ever found any matches super rarely so far these past few weeks. Completely unacceptable.

Nemesis X
If anyone has been holding onto their copy of Master Chief Collection to this very day, the long awaited update that promises to improve the matchmaking will be arriving September 1st along with other improvements.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/21/17764302/halo-master-chief-collection-xbox-game-pass-4k-hdr

BdCKXQ3R3d0

Smasandian
It sucks that it took this damn long. Personally, I never had any issues with matchmaking but I know it was huge problem.

But also give a bit of credit to Microsoft for still trying to fix this product. I wonder if Game Pass was the motivator.

I would be interested to see how 4K looks with all the games. I doubt the cinematics got a boost but that would be damn cool.

Now...just add Reach.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.