Thor runs the gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Thor runs the "rip apart" gauntlet. Like Sentry tearing Ares apart or Superman tearing Doomsday apart, he tries to rip apart these characters.

http://i.imgur.com/jVgKQQ5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b5jJUu3.jpg

1. Spider-Man
2. Luke Cage
3. Ms. Marvel
4. Ares
5. Namor (submerged in water)
6. Immortal Hercules

He gets to the full power after each round and is not holding back at all. Can he clear it?

Sixth_Winged
Stops at 6 unless immortal herc wasn't resisting at all.

Insane Titan
Clears it

pym-ftw
Cage punches his face in.

Lol @ Abhi repping the Sentry wannabe

stick out tongue

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Cage punches his face in.

Lol @ Abhi repping the Sentry wannabe

stick out tongue
There would be consequences for this.

uhuh

carver9
He would rip Ares and Doomsday apart.

zopzop
Stops at Namor.

Trying to remember the time a CL100 character tried to literally break Namor in two but failed miserably. Namor wasn't wearing his wet suit or even properly hydrated.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
He would rip Ares and Doomsday apart.
So you think he's as strong as Void-Sentry? Who overpowered him rather casually I might add.Originally posted by zopzop
Stops at Namor.

Trying to remember the time a CL100 character tried to literally break Namor in two but failed miserably. Namor wasn't wearing his wet suit or even properly hydrated.
Thor tearing Namor is laughable. Namor has fought a bloodusted Thor on even terms.

abhilegend
Bump.

mmm

carver9
Given time, any High Herald could rip another Herald in half.

abhilegend
Like who?

Prof. T.C McAbe
1. Spider-Man, Thor could do it
2. Luke Cage, depends on the writer, Thor could do it but I have my doubts
3. Ms. Marvel, Thor could do it, but not easily
4. Ares, on his very best day he could probably do it
5. Namor (submerged in water), I doubt he could do it
6. Immortal Hercules, no chance in hell

Everyone is resisting to get ripped apart in my examples.

abhilegend
Celey? Here is Black Adam ripping Ultraman in half.

Originally posted by Galan007
Their battle began in Justice League #24:
http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/24239609_Justice_League_2011-_024-017.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/24239610_Justice_League_2011-_024-018.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/24239611_Justice_League_2011-_024-019.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/24239612_Justice_League_2011-_024-020.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/24239613_Justice_League_2011-_024-021.jpg

Wait. I thought any Herald can rip apart another Herald? Carver?

carver9
GIVEN TIME, any High Herald could rip another Herald in half.

abhilegend
Any examples, eh?

celeyhyga17
When he operates out of his tier as he's done countless times yes he can clear.

If allowed to use Mjolnir, it's even easier.

abhilegend
Name one character he has ripped apart.

He hasn't yet koed Hercules but he can rip him apart?

laughing out loud

psycho gundam
Y'all petty AF

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
Name one character he has ripped apart.

He hasn't yet koed Hercules but he can rip him apart?

laughing out loud
He has feats that easily lend to the idea that he can accomplish this.

Btw do you know how dumb your question is? Do you ever stop and think before you act?

Let me ask you this. When has Clark busted a planet under normal conditions? And no, getting saved by Batman with Highfather's staff doesnt count... You see where I'm going with this?

Also what is this obsession with ripping Doomsday? It's like your go to feat when backed into a corner. It's rather amusing..
laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Y'all petty AF
Hush yoself. Let me have my fun. Exposing is my duty.

-Pr-
Really don't see why bait threads should be left open.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He has feats that easily lend to the idea that he can accomplish this.

Btw do you know how dumb your question is? Do you ever stop and think before you act?

Let me ask you this. When has Clark busted a planet under normal conditions? And no, getting saved by Batman with Highfather's staff doesnt count... You see where I'm going with this?

Also what is this obsession with ripping Doomsday? It's like your go to feat when backed into a corner. It's rather amusing..
laughing out loud
Like what?

Who cares about planet busting? Smart Drax destroyed planets and stars.

He was overpowered by She Hulk and admitted she was far stronger than him.

Superman destroyed a planet fighting Kal-L, destroyed a planet fighting Emperor Joker and destroyed a planet size chunk of source wall itself.

It's quite amusing to see you squirming again.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
Really don't see why bait threads should be left open.

Baiting who? I made it back in 2014 and Carver said Thor's feats are better.

So I just bumped it.

celeyhyga17
Like what?

Superman destroyed a planet fighting Kal-L, destroyed a planet fighting Emperor Joker and destroyed a planet size chunk of source wall itself.

facepalm

Try again.

I swear this guy will never get it. You are hopeless.

abhilegend
facepalm

Try again.

I swear this guy will never get it. You are hopeless.
So nothing?

Good to know. Do you think Thor can break wonder woman's arms with one hit?

-Pr-
Baiting who? I made it back in 2014 and Carver said Thor's feats are better.

So I just bumped it.

and your reasons for bumping were purely innocent i'm sure.

what does carver have to do with anything?

celeyhyga17
So nothing?

Good to know. Do you think Thor can break wonder woman's arms with one hit?
Let me make this easy for you

Can Superman tear open an adamantium-vibranium door?

carver9
Like what?

laughing out loud laughing out loud

abhilegend
and your reasons for bumping were purely innocent i'm sure.

what does carver have to do with anything?
Sure, why not?

Feat for that door?

celeyhyga17
Btw I like how you shifted the focus on this Doomsday ripping business after you had no real retort for the feats I listed... Thinking, "Oh I got him now! I'll get that rat bastard! I will make him pay!"
laughing

abhilegend
Or I can't reply to that long post on my phone.

But whatever floats your boat.

carver9
Btw I like how you shifted the focus on this Doomsday ripping business after you had no real retort for the feats I listed... Thinking, "Oh I got him now! I'll get that rat bastard! I will make him pay!"
laughing

Read his post though.

celeyhyga17
Or I can't reply to that long post on my phone.

But whatever floats your boat.
There was no need for a comeback. I was making a point that the idea that Superman is so far above other characters considered to belong in our forum made high herald tier was flat out dumb. And the idea that Superman is the only character that steps out of his tier on a regular basis is equally as dumb.

celeyhyga17
Read his post though.
What?

-Pr-
Sure, why not?

Feat for that door?

Because I'm not an idiot.

Still isn't relevant.

I just closed a thread that was getting ridiculous. That isn't an invitation to pick up where you left off in another thread.

abhilegend
There was no need for a comeback. I was making a point that the idea that Superman is so far above other characters considered to belong in our forum made high herald tier was flat out dumb. And the idea that Superman is the only character that steps out of his tier on a regular basis is equally as dumb.
So, you finished giving your tearful message?

Give your reasons to how he can even rip apart Namor.

Much less Hercules.

carver9
What?

What's wrong with it?

abhilegend
Because I'm not an idiot.

Still isn't relevant.

I just closed a thread that was getting ridiculous. That isn't an invitation to pick up where you left off in another thread.
OK, no mention of Superman from my side in this thread from now.

ShadowFyre
Should stop at Herc but he can clear. Stops at Namor on average. Thor has outlandish high end feats like Superman and many other characters.

Superman clears this, Hulk clears this, Herc clears this. Namor stops at 5 because he can go **** himself.

carver9
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Should stop at Herc but he can clear. Stops at Namor on average. Thor has outlandish high end feats like Superman and many other characters.

Superman clears this, Hulk clears this, Herc clears this. Namor stops at 5 because he can go **** himself.

thumb up

The top Heralds can achieve this given time and that includes Thor as well.

abhilegend
So where are the examples of them doing so Carver?

Because I've never seen a Herald do it.

carver9
You never seen a Herald rip something apart that is Herald + level? Can I pick anyone from the list I quoted minus Superman?

abhilegend
Yes.

Which character Thor ripped apart with his bare hands?

carver9
Yes.

Which character Thor ripped apart with his bare hands?

I'm confused. You said I can choose anyone from the list. Why are you bringing up Thor?

ShadowFyre
If your attempting to use this to compare Thor and Supes then no, Thor could not do this as easily as Superman could. Abhi can you post the scans of Supes and DD please? Or have they been recentyly posted in another thread? I've never seen those ones where he ripped him in half.i dont think Thor could replicate that unless its the nu 52 version

carver9
If your attempting to use this to compare Thor and Supes then no, Thor could not do this as easily as Superman could. Abhi can you post the scans of Supes and DD please? Or have they been recentyly posted in another thread? I've never seen those ones where he ripped him in half.i dont think Thor could replicate that unless its the nu 52 version

It is the new 52 version. Make sure to ask him to post the entire fight.

ShadowFyre
Ive literally never seen it. Sounds pretty badass

celeyhyga17
So, you finished giving your tearful message?

Give your reasons to how he can even rip apart Namor.

Much less Hercules.
Can Superman rip open an adamantium-vibranium door?

-Pr-
Guys, follow Abhi's example and stop talking about Superman in the thread. If anyone wants to see some Superman scans, you can ask in PMs, the Superman forum or the comic book questions thread.

Now kindly get back on topic, and no trying to lowball the Doomsday feat. It was as legitimate as any other feat.

celeyhyga17
Guys, follow Abhi's example and stop talking about Superman in the thread. If anyone wants to see some Superman scans, you can ask in PMs, the Superman forum or the comic book questions thread.

Now kindly get back on topic, and no trying to lowball the Doomsday feat. It was as legitimate as any other feat.
Who's lowballing it?

ShadowFyre
Ok. But I wasnt trying to lowball it. I really havent seen it. Anyway, he could clear it if Herc was already dead.

-Pr-
I never said anyone was lowballing it. I was speaking pre-emptively. I haven't read the whole thread though, so I could be wrong.

h1a8
Spider-Man for sure. Luke Cage with great effort. No to everyone else.

StiltmanFTW
Guys, follow Abhi's example

Pr being possessed by demons from the deepest corners of hell...

Khazra Reborn
If Thor is in the 'do or die' mode that Superman was, he could definitely clear.

h1a8
Can Superman rip open an adamantium-vibranium door? Of course as that would take less than Earth weight forces. Could Thor? If so then please provide scans.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by h1a8
Of course as that would take less than Earth weight forces.

Based on?

carver9
Of course as that would take less than Earth weight forces. Could Thor? If so then please provide scans.

Prove it.

celeyhyga17
Of course as that would take less than Earth weight forces. Could Thor? If so then please provide scans.
Ah so unlike with Abhi, we are at least getting somewhere. First off Lady Thor currently possesses "the power of Thor" technically speaking. But nitpickingly speaking(yes I'm that cool I can use this word), I'd rather use Thor Odinson himself since we as in forum members try our best to not interchange feats with other characters even though how closely related their powers are(though in this case it literally is the same power).

So now getting back to the question you posed, you believe that it takes less than "earth weight forces" to replicate such a feat. Though it's almost impossible to quantify the amount of force to rip that adamantium-vibranium door, suffice it to say one has to be redonkulously strong to do it. So lets go with what you said for now and make that the target range in order to replicate the feat. All I would need to provide is "planetary strength" level feats to satisfy your target range no?

StiltmanFTW
Banner has stated that adamantium is unbreakable even by Hulk's standards - and that's factoring in WWH/WB.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Banner has stated that adamantium is unbreakable even by Hulk's standards - and that's factoring in WWH/WB.

Lol...but H1 thinks Hulk upper limits is in the millions of tons (not World Breaker though). So using Hulk is irrelevant to him tbh. You'll probably have to use Hyperion or Gladiator for him to even consider a statement like that worth mentioning.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

Stilt hush yoself. Stick to street level threads and get outta here.

Go on! Giiieeet!

Or go troll Aquaman in the ownage thread.

StiltmanFTW
He did state that in a canon comic.

That's why Whor breaking through doors made out of an even tougher mix with her bare hands makes no sense... unless she is infinite times stronger than her predecessor, of course.

StiltmanFTW
Lol...but H1 thinks Hulk upper limits is in the millions of tons (not World Breaker though). So using Hulk is irrelevant to him tbh. You'll probably have to use Hyperion or Gladiator for him to even consider a statement like that worth mentioning.

Ah, I see. Typical h1.

Hyperion at 50% power fought Ultimate Wolverine - whose adamantium is weaker than that of his 616 counterpart - and didn't even put a dent in his jaw. His atomic vision didn't leave a scratch, either.

As for Gladiator, we saw he's capable of beating Logan, but his skeleton was still in one piece... he also attacked Cap's shield (which should be just as tough as Whor's doors) with blitz punches and did literally nothing. Cap wasn't even knocked down.

carver9
Ah, I see. Typical h1.

Hyperion at 50% power fought Ultimate Wolverine - whose adamantium is weaker than that of his 616 counterpart - and didn't even put a dent in his jaw. His atomic vision didn't leave a scratch, either.

As for Gladiator, we saw he's capable of beating Logan, but his skeleton was still in one piece... he also attacked Cap's shield (which should be just as tough as Whor's doors) with blitz punches and did literally nothing. Cap wasn't even knocked down.

True. I wish you luck convincing H1. Even though these beings has performed planetary level showings, H1 will probably say they were operating under 1000 tons. The thing about that is, in the same comic where Gladiator couldn't destroy Captain America shield, the guy was uber. He was hit by a solar system destroying blast (and tanked it) and then had enough power in him to contain said attack (ya know, the same power that could've shed a solar system). Wonder what math be will use for that.

StiltmanFTW
I wish you luck convincing H1.

laughing out loud

I know it's futile.

Wonder what math be will use for that.

Yeah, I can't wait either... stick out tongue

-Pr-
Seems "tanked" means something different than I thought it did...

abhilegend
I'm confused. You said I can choose anyone from the list. Why are you bringing up Thor?
Because Thor is in this thread.

abhilegend
And why does Lady Thor ripping open an Adamantium door means she can do so to a character?

Boards don't hit back as someone said wisely.

abhilegend
Celey? Carver?

Surely you can post a scan of Thor ripping apart a character as you're saying so confidently?

abhilegend
Ah, I see. Typical h1.

I can assure you that if Whor tries the same stunt she did on that wall against Cap's shield or Logan, she would fail.

That's why beating or tearing apart "Adamantium-vibranium" doors doesn't means she is going to tear say Ulik apart in half. Comics don't work in that way.

By all logic, she should kill everyone below Adamantium level durability in one hit with her bare hands much less with Mjolnir.

erm

ShadowFyre
I can assure you that if Whor tries the same stunt she did on that wall against Cap's shield or Logan, she would fail.

That's why beating or tearing apart "Adamantium-vibranium" doors doesn't means she is going to tear say Ulik apart in half. Comics don't work in that way.

By all logic, she should kill everyone below Adamantium level durability in one hit with her bare hands much less with Mjolnir.

erm

I agree with everything you say on this post. I doubt she would rip Ulik in half . and your right. She should. But comics.

carver9
When has Thor even attempted to rip someone in half?

abhilegend
When has Thor even attempted to rip someone in half?
That's your prerogative. You said Thor can rip these people in half.

Now prove it.

carver9
That's your prerogative. You said Thor can rip these people in half.

Now prove it.

He can bro.

ShadowFyre
Has Supes ever ripped a phonebook in half? Ever lifted a1963 Corvette Stingray? Never seen him do it so he cant. That is whats happening right now.

celeyhyga17
Has Supes ever ripped a phonebook in half? Ever lifted a1963 Corvette Stingray? Never seen him do it so he cant. That is whats happening right now.
thumb up

ShadowFyre
And showing a pic of him lifting a car thats not a 63 Stingray wont suffice.

-Pr-
Guys, shut up about Superman. He isn't in this thread. This is the second time I've had to do this. There won't be a third.

celeyhyga17
He's directly referenced in the op though.

celeyhyga17
Anyways...

No one ever goes around ripping up characters in half unless your a madman like the Sentry. But Thor has done things with utter ease that makes you do a double take just to make sure it happened.

Tore adamantium cables with ease(not sure if it was primary).
Broke apart an Olympian metal harness by flexing.
Molded uru like it was clay.
Literally crushed into dust uru manacles that were described as "unshatterable".
Broke in half a legendary artifact(Gram the Hero's Blade) without much trouble.

-Pr-
He's directly referenced in the op though.

As an example.

I realise it might seem premature, but far too many of these threads turn in to Thor V Superman, and I'm trying to avoid that.

celeyhyga17
As an example.

I realise it might seem premature, but far too many of these threads turn in to Thor V Superman, and I'm trying to avoid that.
It's no secret really what the op was aiming for though. Just sayin...

I don't mind it at all tbh.

-Pr-
It's no secret really what the op was aiming for though. Just sayin...

I don't mind it at all tbh.

Of course it isn't, but If I closed every thread that had an agenda, very few would be left open.

carver9
I'm glad I don't make any 'agenda' threads.

celeyhyga17
Of course it isn't, but If I closed every thread that had an agenda, very few would be left open.
Agendas are fine. 90% of these threads have agendas. If one comes in and starts making a fool of themselves that's on them... I welcome it all.

-Pr-
I'm glad I don't make any 'agenda' threads.

Ha.

Agendas are fine. 90% of these threads have agendas. If one comes in and starts making a fool of themselves that's on them... I welcome it all.

Oh, it is funny to watch, definitely.

abhilegend
Anyways...

No one ever goes around ripping up characters in half unless your a madman like the Sentry. But Thor has done things with utter ease that makes you do a double take just to make sure it happened.

Tore adamantium cables with ease(not sure if it was primary).
Broke apart an Olympian metal harness by flexing.
Molded uru like it was clay.
Literally crushed into dust uru manacles that were described as "unshatterable".
Broke in half a legendary artifact(Gram the Hero's Blade) without much trouble.
Thor has also been unable to break secondary Adamantium by pure strength.

How do you think Ultron gives entire Avengers team hell?

Like I said, breaking random objects doesn't mean you can do that to a person who is going to resist with his own strength.

Like how can Thor overpower Hercules strength?

celeyhyga17
Thor has also been unable to break secondary Adamantium by pure strength.

How do you think Ultron gives entire Avengers team hell?

Like I said, breaking random objects doesn't mean you can do that to a person who is going to resist with his own strength.

Like how can Thor overpower Hercules strength?
If the story calls for doing something to that effect... Meaning overpowering a herald level opponent(not necessarily Herc) strengthwise, I wouldn't be surprised given his history of feats.

StiltmanFTW
Anyways...

No one ever goes around ripping up characters in half unless your a madman like the Sentry.

They do that all the time in Invincible, lol.

Marvel and DC need to man up one day.

celeyhyga17
They do that all the time in Invincible, lol.

Marvel and DC need to man up one day.
Disney and Warner Bros. Not happening anytime soon.

abhilegend
If the story calls for doing something to that effect... Meaning overpowering a herald level opponent(not necessarily Herc) strengthwise, I wouldn't be surprised given his history of feats.
So it has not happened yet for 50 years but will somehow happen because you think so?

And what history of feats suggest he can overpower Hercules when he hasn't done so yet. In fact Herc has done so to Thor and Iron man together.

celeyhyga17

abhilegend
facepalm

StiltmanFTW
There was one time when Superman got trapped inside a telephone box and couldn't get out.

https://drawception.com/pub/games/2013/6-22/ZE45kW9R1e.png

100% canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.