Why didn't Yoda warn Luke about Force Lightning?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Yoda knew Palpatine was a master of this ability. Why didn't he train Luke in ways to deflect it?

Lord Stark
He specifically says "do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor" translates to "Don't get taken prisoner and try and face off against two of the most powerful Sith in history alone."

He probably imagined that Luke would defeat Vader, then train more Jedi and eventually defeat Palpatine. Thus the "pass on what you have learned."

Also I think in the ROTJ Novel Luke does deflect Palpatine's lightning bare handed before getting overwhelmed.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Lord Stark
He specifically says "do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor" translates to "Don't get taken prisoner and try and face off against two of the most powerful Sith in history alone."

He probably imagined that Luke would defeat Vader, then train more Jedi and eventually defeat Palpatine. Thus the "pass on what you have learned."

Also I think in the ROTJ Novel Luke does deflect Palpatine's lightning bare handed before getting overwhelmed. ROTS is higher canon then novel, so canonically luke never blocked palps lightning

Nephthys
RotJ.

NewGuy01
Luke doesn't deflect it, he attempts to absorb it and while initially he's partially successful, he fails utterly at stopping Palpatine when he ramps the intensity.

NTJack0
Because Yoda is a dick?

Emperordmb
for the exact same reason he didn't warn the other Jedi of their impending deaths.

PTforthewin
Because Yoda secretly loathes the whiny, blonde, farm boy

Based
Well I'm sure Yoda didn't expect Luke to throw away his lightsaber for shits and giggles.

carthage
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Because Yoda secretly loathes the whiny, blonde, farm boy

I laughed at this more than I should've

embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.