Rate these iconic characters in terms of preference

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
All Star Trek characters Nu and Old. All Star Wars characters live action films only. Make one top ten list including both universes in one ultra serious list.

Well ?

Tattoos N Scars
1. Picard
2. Kirk
3. Data
4. Borg(entire race)
5. Worf
6. Han Solo
7. Qui gon jinn
8. Anakin
9. Spock
10. Q

StealthRanger
This is not a vs thread. Needs to be moved to a different section

quanchi112
Originally posted by StealthRanger
This is not a vs thread. Needs to be moved to a different section It is a versus thread in terms of preference, nerd.

Firefly218
1. Han Solo
2. Picard
3. Darth Vader
4. Yoda
5. Data
6. Spock
7. Bones
8. R2D2
9. Princess Leia
10. C3PO

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
1. Picard
2. Kirk
3. Data
4. Borg(entire race)
5. Worf
6. Han Solo
7. Qui gon jinn
8. Anakin
9. Spock
10. Q

Replace Anakin with Geordi. Solid.

Originally posted by quanchi112
It is a versus thread in terms of preference, nerd.

Noob.

StealthRanger
It is a versus thread in terms of preference, nerd.

In other words, completely subjective thread, thus does not belong in the versus section

Mods, can you at least strip this kid of his thread making privileges?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firefly218
1. Han Solo
2. Picard
3. Darth Vader
4. Yoda
5. Data
6. Spock
7. Bones
8. R2D2
9. Princess Leia
10. C3PO I never understood the appeal of Han Solo.

Firefly218
In other words, completely subjective thread, thus does not belong in the versus section

Mods, can you at least strip this kid of his thread making privileges?

All threads are subjective. Just relax, this isn't a formal place

Stealth Moose
I never understood the appeal of Han Solo.

He's a cool guy who is quick with his hands and a hit with the ladies. Your antithesis, essentially.

quanchi112

Mods, can you at least strip this kid of his thread making privileges? 90 percent of versus threads are regarding subjective versus matchups with characters from opposing universes. Don't take this stuff that seriously, nerd.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
He's a cool guy who is quick with his hands and a hit with the ladies. Your antithesis, essentially. He is a thief so clueless he can't even tell Luke was His main squeeze's sister. Cluelessness is something you can relate to I guess.

quanchi112
Replace Anakin with Geordi. Solid.

Noob. Hush.

StealthRanger
All threads are subjective. Just relax, this isn't a formal place

By this I mean, we tend to debate who would win between who based off feats and evidence, rather than personal preference, in other words we tend to be 'objective' (as in, we believe one character would in because he has better feats, not because some person likes the character better)

A thread where it's all preference and personal taste it completely 'subjective' and does not belong in the vs. section, at all. It should be moved elsewhere

Firefly218
He is a thief so clueless he can't even tell Luke was His main squeeze's sister. Cluelessness is something you can relate to I guess.

Luke himself didn't know he was related to Leia

Stealth Moose
He is a thief so clueless he can't even tell Luke was His main squeeze's sister. Cluelessness is something you can relate to I guess.

Historian's fallacy coupled with butthurt.

Well played, Smeaquan.

quanchi112
Luke himself didn't know he was related to Leia So yes there are multiple idiots in the Star Wars universe further demeaning the force by allowing this idiotic Jedi to be clueless along with the pickpocket, Han Solo.

quanchi112
Historian's fallacy coupled with butthurt.

Well played, Smeaquan. People are free to like the character. Just know he doesn't even scratch my undeniable top ten list.

Firefly218
So yes there are multiple idiots in the Star Wars universe further demeaning the force by allowing this idiotic Jedi to be clueless along with the pickpocket, Han Solo.

How does not realizing family relation correlate with intelligence?

Regardless, Han Solo is awesome because he's bold and realistic - not because he's smart. Han Solo says what everyone else thinks, but doesn't have the balls to say. Sure he wasn't the brightest tool in the shed, but he was charming, egotistical and badass.

quanchi112
How does not realizing family relation correlate with intelligence?

Regardless, Han Solo is awesome because he's bold and realistic - not because he's smart. Han Solo says what everyone else thinks, but doesn't have the balls to say. Sure he wasn't the brightest tool in the shed, but he was charming, egotistical and badass. Ignorance and lack of intelligence go hand in hand. He's kind of stupid like most people. With that I agree.

Firefly218
Ignorance and lack of intelligence go hand in hand. He's kind of stupid like most people. With that I agree.

He wasn't stupid. Just not particularly intelligent. Get it right

quanchi112
He wasn't stupid. Just not particularly intelligent. Get it right He wasn't stupid just not intelligent--never change.

Thanks for that.

Firefly218
He wasn't stupid just not intelligent--never change.

Thanks for that.

sure

quanchi112
Definitive list.

1. Khan (Into Darkness) obviously.
2. Palpatine
3. Darth Maul
4. Darth Vader
5. General Grievous
6. Yoda
7. Count Dooku
8. NuSpock
9. Nero
10. Spock Prime

Tattoos N Scars
Khan is gay!!

quanchi112
Khan is gay!! Nope. He is the definitive badass out of two intergalactic series spanning decades.

Tattoos N Scars
Nope. He is the definitive badass out of two intergalactic series spanning decades.

Khan is only the way he is because Kirk refuses to give it to him in the ass. He feels rejected and takes it out on the Federation

quanchi112
Khan is only the way he is because Kirk refuses to give it to him in the ass. He feels rejected and takes it out on the Federation Kirk humiliated himself and couldn't even win a fight in which Khan wasn't fighting back against him. Khan would rape any character in his own universe or the Star Wars universe. His blood brings babies back to life. Is there anything this wonderful, superior homo sapien cannot do ?

Tattoos N Scars
Kirk humiliated himself and couldn't even win a fight in which Khan wasn't fighting back against him. Khan would rape any character in his own universe or the Star Wars universe. His blood brings babies back to life. Is there anything this wonderful, superior homo sapien cannot do ?

Yeah, properly eat pussy.

quanchi112
Yeah, properly eat pussy. Quit being weird.

Tattoos N Scars
The truth is Khan loses. He lost in two diffetent films. He's not good enough to win a war with Kirk.

quanchi112
The truth is Khan loses. He lost in two diffetent films. He's not good enough to win a war with Kirk. NuKhan beat him every time he faced off against him. His blood was also responsible for bringing him back to life. Context. Watch the films, fisherman.

Tattoos N Scars
NuKhan beat him every time he faced off against him. His blood was also responsible for bringing him back to life. Context. Watch the films, fisherman.

I did. Khan lost in the end. He let Spock catch him. Kirk and Spock stand tall in the end, while Khan becomes a popsicle in his cryo pod. What a shame.

Firefly218
Spock > Khan

Khan > Kirk

Spock >> Kirk

Dramatic Gecko
Khan was pretty stupid too. I mean he let his whole 'race' die and let himself get trapped by Spock and Zoe Salanda.

quanchi112
I did. Khan lost in the end. He let Spock catch him. Kirk and Spock stand tall in the end, while Khan becomes a popsicle in his cryo pod. What a shame. Khan survived as did his crew. He beat Kirk in a fight without throwing a punch. laughing out loud

Khan crushed Spock in combat by himself despite him being in an emotional Robtard state.

Don't ignore the context, fisherman. I know you're not bright enough to understand what the word context means but come on.

quanchi112
Spock > Khan

Khan > Kirk

Spock >> Kirk Khan>>Spock.
Khan>>>>Kirk.

Khan>any single being from this NuTrek universe.

Dramatic Gecko
1. Han Solo!!
2. Obi wan (ewan)
3. Picard
4. Darth Vader (suit)
5. Chewbacca!
6. Data
7. Kit Fisto
8. Hikaru Sulu (takai)
9. McCoy (Kelley)
10. Spock (Nimoy)

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Khan was pretty stupid too. I mean he let his whole 'race' die and let himself get trapped by Spock and Zoe Salanda. Incorrect. His "family" survived. He manipulated Kirk and defied the federation singlehandedly.

Khan was portrayed as the greatest single being in the NuTrek universe.

Dramatic Gecko
Khan survived as did his crew. He beat Kirk in a fight without throwing a punch. laughing out loud

Khan crushed Spock in combat by himself despite him being in an emotional Robtard state.

Don't ignore the context, fisherman. I know you're not bright enough to understand what the word context means but come on.

Exactly. You ignore the context for other characters. I was simply trying to liberate you from blindness. I am well aware of the context. You always mock Anakin for giving into the emperor and not being able to save his mother and ignore the context.

Time Immemorial
Why all the Khan hate, who's mother did he kill? I thought he saved a dying boy and Kirk from death.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Exactly. You ignore the context for other characters. I was simply trying to liberate you from blindness. I am well aware of the context. You always mock Anakin for giving into the emperor and not being able to save his mother and ignore the context. No, I don't ever ignore the context.

Anakin was an emotionally out of control Robtard like character. He made stupid decisions and was unable to save his own mother since he was late and attacked his own wife yet falling to the dark side because of his fear of losing her.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Why all the Khan hate, who's mother did he kill? I thought he saved a dying boy and Kirk from death. They don't like the character at all nor me so they lie. Not just to me but themselves.

Time Immemorial
He seemed pretty intent on saving his people, and enacting revenge on the person who betrayed him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
He seemed pretty intent on saving his people, and enacting revenge on the person who betrayed him. I know. He was quite a lovable, noble character who deserves better than this Quan hating pack of wild animals who frequent this thread.

Firefly218
Khan>>Spock.

laughing Spock beat him in h2h

Tattoos N Scars
Khan survived as did his crew. He beat Kirk in a fight without throwing a punch. laughing out loud

The context is Khan is a loser, always has and always will. Kirk and Spock celebrate in the end while Khan was lying on his back in a cryo chamber. Are you too stupid to realize the bad guy lost? Khan didn't complete all his goals. The good guys stopped him, which is what happens in 99% of all movies. Did you watch some alternate never released film where Khan won, or is his victory a figment of your imagination?

Your pathetic attempt to ignore the script is amusing, something only a retard would do. Also, you can quit with the context shit..it is irrelevant. All that matters is the hand that was raised before the end credits.

Take this for example:

Gustaffson beats the shit out of Jon Jones for 5 rounds. Thirty seconds before the end of the fight, Jones lands a blow for the KO, or slips a hold on for the quick tap out win. It doesn't matter if Gustaffson was set to win by decision. Jones did what he was supposed to do and finished his opponent. Kirk and Spock FINISHED Khan. Khan LOST.

If you still insist on whining about it, I'll put you in the corner for time out and stick a pacifier in your mouth.

Impediment
This isn't a versus thread, so I'll move this to the MDF.

Lestov16
All Star Trek characters Nu and Old. All Star Wars characters live action films only. Make one top ten list including both universes in one ultra serious list.

Well ?

Can't say for certain since I haven't seen the entirety of ST, but I know for a fact that Vader and Yoda are more famous than any ST character. Most people have heard of Kirk, Spock, and Picard. EVERYONE has heard of Vader and Yoda. Khan is best known for an internet meme and ranks rather low on the list.

jaden101
Q
Elim Garak
Quark

Every other character seemed boring and/or 1-dimensional in comparison with the exception of Han.

-Pr-
There's nobody iconic in the new Trek series, imo. Some day they might be, but the saga is too young atm for me.

From the others? in no order:

The Borg
Q
Garak
DS9 Worf
Riker
Obi-Wan
Mace Windu
Vader
Yoda
Palpatine

I had to cut many out, but that's my ten. shrug

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
Can't say for certain since I haven't seen the entirety of ST, but I know for a fact that Vader and Yoda are more famous than any ST character. Most people have heard of Kirk, Spock, and Picard. EVERYONE has heard of Vader and Yoda. Khan is best known for an internet meme and ranks rather low on the list. I just meant rate your personal favorites not the more mainstream characters. This is all subjective.

quanchi112
The context is Khan is a loser, always has and always will. Kirk and Spock celebrate in the end while Khan was lying on his back in a cryo chamber. Are you too stupid to realize the bad guy lost? Khan didn't complete all his goals. The good guys stopped him, which is what happens in 99% of all movies. Did you watch some alternate never released film where Khan won, or is his victory a figment of your imagination?

Your pathetic attempt to ignore the script is amusing, something only a retard would do. Also, you can quit with the context shit..it is irrelevant. All that matters is the hand that was raised before the end credits.

Take this for example:

Gustaffson beats the shit out of Jon Jones for 5 rounds. Thirty seconds before the end of the fight, Jones lands a blow for the KO, or slips a hold on for the quick tap out win. It doesn't matter if Gustaffson was set to win by decision. Jones did what he was supposed to do and finished his opponent. Kirk and Spock FINISHED Khan. Khan LOST.

If you still insist on whining about it, I'll put you in the corner for time out and stick a pacifier in your mouth. No, that isn't the context at all. Thats the point. Khan is greater than both and is superior to both.

He saved his crew and avoided death. He also killed Marcus. Did you watch the film ?

Khan isn't dead. One on one is greater than both so quit being emotional and go by the facts.

quanchi112
laughing Spock beat him in h2h Blatantly false. Watch the film again.

playa1258
Data and Species 8472 would destroy Khan. Greatest my ass.

ares834
I'm not a fan of Trek, so my list is almost entirely SW.

1. Vader
2. Han Solo
3. Yoda (OT only)
4. Obi-Wan
5. Palpatine
6. Picard
7. Luke
8. Kirk
9. Lando
10. Qui-gon

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-
There's nobody iconic in the new Trek series, imo. Some day they might be, but the saga is too young atm for me.

From the others? in no order:

The Borg
Q
Garak
DS9 Worf
Riker
Obi-Wan
Mace Windu
Vader
Yoda
Palpatine

I had to cut many out, but that's my ten. shrug

Mace above Picard? You might as well like Colossus more than Thing while you're at it ahah

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Data and Species 8472 would destroy Khan. Greatest my ass. Read my comment again and apologize for being wrong.

Stealth Moose
I'll amend my list entirely:

1. Riker
2. Q
3. Picard
4. Qui-Gon Jinn
5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
6. Han Solo
7. Spock (any)
8. My Romulan STO character
9. Sulu
10. Mirror Universe Spock

jaden101
The stormtrooper who runs into the doorway
The jawa that shouts 'booteenee' (you just said that to yourself in his squeaky voice)
The sand...person that pops up in the binoculars
The crystalline entity
The weird 'Darmock and Jalad at Tanagra' guy

jaden101
And this guy

http://youtu.be/Z1eFdUSnaQM

Mindship
Nu Enterprise
Kirk
Spock
Q
T'Pol
Darth Vader (really Darth Vader Stewie).

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by jaden101
]The weird 'Darmock and Jalad at Tanagra' guy

thumb up thumb up thumb up

quanchi112
I'll amend my list entirely:

1. Riker
2. Q
3. Picard
4. Qui-Gon Jinn
5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
6. Han Solo
7. Spock (any)
8. My Romulan STO character
9. Sulu
10. Mirror Universe Spock Picard is so dry and boring. Can't see the appeal at all.

Stealth Moose
Picard is so dry and boring. Can't see the appeal at all.

Your failing really.

quanchi112
Your failing really. You're and ironic statement right there.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bentley
Mace above Picard? You might as well like Colossus more than Thing while you're at it ahah

I thought you French had learned to read English.

Or do the words "no order" mean nothing to you?

Picard is so dry and boring. Can't see the appeal at all.

you'd have to actually watch the show to see the appeal. Just saying...

quanchi112

you'd have to actually watch the show to see the appeal. Just saying... I have seen him in the films. He's awfully boring. I would bet he isn't vastly different on the tv series but I'll never find out. This is films only anyway.

-Pr-
I have seen him in the films. He's awfully boring. I would bet he isn't vastly different on the tv series but I'll never find out. This is films only anyway.

...It's pointless to include Star Trek characters from the shows, then.

Stealth Moose
You're and ironic statement right there.

No, *your failing. As in, "It is your failing." But you are failing is also appropriate, if not my intention. Where'd you learn English anyways? Lebanon?

quanchi112
...It's pointless to include Star Trek characters from the shows, then. Why ? They are in movies as well. Lots of films.

quanchi112
No, *your failing. As in, "It is your failing." But you are failing is also appropriate, if not my intention. Where'd you learn English anyways? Lebanon? Incorrect. Leaving out key words changes things. I'd like to ask you the same thing.

-Pr-
Why ? They are in movies as well. Lots of films.

Shatner's Kirk is in 7, which is reasonable, but it still doesn't compare to the show. Kirk was iconic long before the movies came out.

Picard is in 4. That's not lots. Sure, you can say Han Solo was in 3, but Picard had a larger ensemble cast, and the movies fed from the shows. Picard's best work is in episodes. Always has been. First Contact is the only time it came close.

The shows are what make them iconic in the first place. Their best work and what makes them who they are, is in the shows. Having them here, as I said, is pointless, when you ignore what makes them iconic in the first place.

quanchi112
Shatner's Kirk is in 7, which is reasonable, but it still doesn't compare to the show. Kirk was iconic long before the movies came out.

Picard is in 4. That's not lots. Sure, you can say Han Solo was in 3, but Picard had a larger ensemble cast, and the movies fed from the shows. Picard's best work is in episodes. Always has been. First Contact is the only time it came close.

The shows are what make them iconic in the first place. Their best work and what makes them who they are, is in the shows. Having them here, as I said, is pointless, when you ignore what makes them iconic in the first place. What made them iconic is subjective not objective. 4 movies is a lot of screen time. Most characters don't get half the screen time Picard has been shown.

-Pr-
What made them iconic is subjective not objective. 4 movies is a lot of screen time. Most characters don't get half the screen time Picard has been shown.

And everything in the movies follows off on the idea that all of the characters were already developed in the tv shows.

All of their best moments, all of the stuff that makes them iconic, happens in the shows. There is absolutely no logical argument otherwise. The proof is in their own fame.

The only exception for Kirk is probably Kahn, and that follows from an episode. The best Picard moment? In First Contact, and THAT also had the groundwork laid for them in a tv show.

Star Trek movies are like comic annuals. They come along every so often and have nice stories, but they don't mean shit to the month to month releases that do all of the hard work.

quanchi112
And everything in the movies follows off on the idea that all of the characters were already developed in the tv shows.

All of their best moments, all of the stuff that makes them iconic, happens in the shows.

The only exception for Kirk is probably Kahn, and that follows from an episode. The best Picard moment? In First Contact, and THAT also had the groundwork laid for them in a tv show.

Star Trek movies are like comic annuals. They come along every so often and have nice stories, but they don't mean shit to the month to month releases that do all of the hard work. Space Seed what absolutely awful. I disagree and feel the movies can give you enough screen time to decide. It isn't 1/10 of their total screen time no but enough to tell what the character is about.

I am so glad Abrams saved the Trek universe for me and made these characters enjoyable with his anti Trek lets make it like Star Wars approach. To each his own.

-Pr-
Space Seed what absolutely awful. I disagree and feel the movies can give you enough screen time to decide. It isn't 1/10 of their total screen time no but enough to tell what the character is about.

I am so glad Abrams saved the Trek universe for me and made these characters enjoyable with his anti Trek lets make it like Star Wars approach. To each his own.

Wow, you just can't resist being petty, can you.

quanchi112
Wow, you just can't resist being petty, can you. I can't resist being honest.

-Pr-
lol. We both know that isn't true. Lying just makes it worse, so you should stop.

quanchi112
lol. We both know that isn't true. Lying just makes it worse, so you should stop. It is my opinion no matter how you feel about it.

-Pr-
It is my opinion no matter how you feel about it.

I don't believe that, but feel free to continue claiming so. Either way, there is a topic here, so should probably get back on that.

quanchi112
I don't believe that, but feel free to continue claiming so. Either way, there is a topic here, so should probably get back on that. I gave my opinion. I love NuKhan but really prior to the new film always preferred the Star Wars universe to this one. My list makes it apparent since it is littered with more Star Wars characters than Star Trek. With the way things are going I am optimistic about cooler Star Trek characters coming forward if things continue the way the first two Nu films started.

-Pr-
I gave my opinion. I love NuKhan but really prior to the new film always preferred the Star Wars universe to this. My list makes it apparent since it is littered with more Star Wars characters than Star Trek. With the way things are going I am optimistic about cooler Star Trek characters coming forward if things continue the way the first two Nu films started.

That's great, I guess.

I already posted my list, so won't be editing it.

quanchi112
That's great, I guess.

I already posted my list, so won't be editing it. Try putting it in order. I'd like to see your list put in order.

Stealth Moose
Incorrect. Leaving out key words changes things. I'd like to ask you the same thing.

Proficiency with a language usually allows for easier grasping of implied concepts using context.

Or in laymen's, you're the equivalent of a seventh grader in terms of English proficiency apparently.

quanchi112
Proficiency with a language usually allows for easier grasping of implied concepts using context.

Or in laymen's, you're the equivalent of a seventh grader in terms of English proficiency apparently. Leaving the words out made the usage of your incorrect. It isn't up to me to figure out what words you should have used in that sentence for it to make sense. Come on now. Let's stick to the topic and admit NuKhan is by far the coolest and more overpowering character from both Sci fi series.

Bentley

Picard wasn't in your list at all, unless you counted him on "the borg".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.