Gareth Edwards to direct Star Wars spinoff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Exciting news since it is also given a release date around one year after episode 7. With Abrams directing and all this Star Wars coming it makes for exciting possibilities. Speculation on what character you'd like to see with their own solo movie or the one you feel Disney will choose.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/22/godzilla-director-gareth-edwards-to-direct-first-star-wars-spin-off-film

Darth Martin
Boba Fett. Or just adapt the The Force Unleashed.

Dramatic Gecko
Obi-Wan Kenobi, between 3rd and 4th. Ewan Macgregor. It be noice.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Obi-Wan Kenobi, between 3rd and 4th. Ewan Macgregor. It be noice. I'd personally see more of a character we didn't see that much of already. I think a very young Yoda would be very interesting. I'd also be up for Boba Fett.

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by quanchi112
I'd personally see more of a character we didn't see that much of already. I think a very young Yoda would be very interesting. I'd also be up for Boba Fett.

Everyone's expecting a Boba Fett. But I like the idea of a young Yoda. Maybe young Quagon? With Dooku as his master? Could be interesting.

Time Immemorial
What movies has he directed that favor this undertaking?

Firefly218
Originally posted by quanchi112
I'd personally see more of a character we didn't see that much of already. I think a very young Yoda would be very interesting. I'd also be up for Boba Fett.

thumb up

Maybe they could do a Prequel to the prequels. KOTOR would be an awesome story to adapt.

-Pr-
Really not a fan of the Fetts.

I wouldn't mind seeing a young Han Solo, or some sort of "Order 66" movie.

Ideally though?

Kotor.

ares834

DARTH POWER
And from the sounds of it there won't be any Jedi involved in this movie.

ares834
Yep.

Here is a far clearer version of the teaser BTW:

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
/watch?v=ivv51UmwTrw

Kazenji
Originally posted by ares834
So this movie, it's called Rogue One, is set between Episodes 3 and 4 and is about the Rebels stealing the Death Star plans.

Wonder if we will see Kyle Katarn then.

jaden101
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
What movies has he directed that favor this undertaking?

My thoughts exactly. How does this man keep getting work? Monsters was terrible and Godzilla was very uunderwhelming.

Kazenji
I enjoyed his Godzilla movie only thing i disliked about it was when they were about to show a monster showdown they cut away, Besides things like that it was a good movie.

Quincy
Apparently this will be an Anthology

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.