Film Translations: Marvel vs DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3

-Pr-
They have a massive head-start. The problem will be diminishing returns, as in, how many of the main cast do you think will be back for Avengers 3? Or 4?

Marvel has the advantage for the moment. Ideally, I'm hoping we get to a point where both, like with comics, offer an alternative to the other to satisfy all likes.

Nephthys
Marvel, duh.

quanchi112
Marvel in a stomp. It isn't even close. It's like comparing the varsity level to j.v.

Kotor3

quanchi112

TH3_V01D
With a single movie DC is winning in showing proper superhuman action, is the closest to a comicbook pictured into live action.

In terms of Box office, yeah marvel is on top of his game, GoTG in gonna be a succes with the little kids, Disney may have a new icon in Raccon.

Kotor3

TH3_V01D
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ironman 3 completely destroyed that theory.

This might have been relevant in the last but due to marvels success a whole new generation will grow up with Ironman, Thor, Cal, etc. As being mainstream.

LOL, the first movies of those heroes were only a moderated success, just like batman begins, just like man of steel, the bump come from the Avengers success, is the only reason that trash like IM3 or Thor 2 grossed so much.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
LOL, the first movies of those heroes were only a moderated success, just like batman begins, just like man of steel, the bump come from the Avengers success, is the only reason that trash like IM3 or Thor 2 grossed so much. The second batman film outperformed the third one. Marvel built momentum and showed that a shared universe can be a huge success is over at Disney. Now the other studios are following suit. Dc should be thanking marvel for showing them how it's done. For Tony stark to outperform superman shows now different of a time we live in. Disney took risks and they paid off. Its kind of humorous how dc gives batman/Superman top billing while shoehorning other less established characters in the film again.

quanchi112

TH3_V01D
Do you really think that a temporal movie trend is going to elevate those B list heroes to Superman, Batman, or even WWoman cultural icon status, i would like to remind you that Spiderman IS still the Number 1 Marvel Character.

Kotor3

Lestov16
Marvel may be technically making more money, but that is only due to their quantity of films, not quality. I haven't seen Cap 2 yet, but besides that, I would rank TDK and MOS above any MCU film. My personal favorite MCU film, the Incredible Hulk, is about as good as TDKR, and even the "worse" DCU film, Green Lantern, was more enjoyable than IM3.

Marvel's main advantage is their ability to turn B-listers like IM and Thor into household names. That gives them a wider range of characters to work with. DC is focusing more on it's small list of A-listers, which is really only Batman and Superman, since WW is technically B-list, to mainstream audiences at least. But as I said, the few Bats/Supes films that have come out definitely outclass any of the MCU's (I won't speak for Cap 2), and the upcoming Dawn of Justice is definitely going to be more anticipated than any future Avengers film.

Also, the only reason IM3 made so much is because it was the direct sequel to the Avengers and everyone wanted to see how it affected the MCU's continuity. Not because it was a quality film by any standard.

quanchi112

Mindship
Originally posted by -Pr-
Marvel has the advantage for the moment. Ideally, I'm hoping we get to a point where both, like with comics, offer an alternative to the other to satisfy all likes. At that point, like with comics, let the hero crossovers begin.

Kotor3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.