Battlefield: Hardline

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/27/battlefield-hardline-leaks-thanks-to-battlelog-update

Looks like the new developers have completely left behind the numbering scheme. I'm going to miss DICE. I enjoyed the hell out of all their Battlefield games, and I still regularly play 4. I'm starting to creep up on level 100. F*cking awesome game.

Still, I'm excited to see what the new guys bring.

Arachnid1
j8xokuPraYc

Its cops vs robbers. They left behind the military/war theme for something fresh. I've also just realized it hasn't been a year since BF4 launched. Annual releases for BF could be bad.

To be honest, I hope its an expansion to BF4 like Vietnam for Bad Company 2. That would be ****ing awesome and would add a ton of content to BF4.

Or maybe it will be a free to play game. You can expect a ton of info at E3.

Smasandian
Who knows. It might be for next year....I know EA has said they want to do a BF game every 2 years. I don't know if that constitutes as a pro-typical BF game or it's an offshoot.

It's probably an off shoot so it will probably be released November-ish.

I will be interested about the SP and if they try to do something different than copying CoD.

Nemesis X
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dead-space-battlefield-hardline-manager-leaves-ea/1100-6426493/

Smasandian
I think that's a ridiculous statement..

Visceral Games was created by EA. It wasn't a studio that they bought after the released a few good games. All games done by Visceral were under EA direction including Dead Space 1 and 2.

But then people are ****ing idiots and not realized that Visceral has created numerous games before Dead Space and metacritic scores for most of those games are in the mid 70's (aside from the awesome Bond: Everything or Nothing). You know what? Guess what the Metacritic scores for Dead Space 3 and Hardline were? Around the mid 70's!

So no, they didn't kill off the developer. One guy left and it might be a good thing.

Arachnid1
I've been trying to force myself to like this game. After all, I sold BF4 to upgrade and buy this.

I played BF4 again for the first time in months at a buddy's house and realized how much better it still is. Man, hardline blows. The new heist, blood moner, and rescue modes are fun, but everything else is such a downgrade. Graphics are worse, game is more arcady, there is a serious lack of weapons and content, the maps are small, vehicles are weak and pointless (no more tanks), (etc....). I bet I could list out at least 30 ways this game is weaker than the prior entries.

Still, I bought it. Might was well stick it out like I always have for Battlefield. Maybe the DLC content will redeem it all.

Smasandian
I always felt it was more about the SP than the MP. But that was my take on it.

Tzeentch
That's unfortunate, since the consensus seems to be that the SP is dog-shit.

In any case, this is/was supposed to be a Call of Duty-esque spin-off of Battlefield, not the successor of the Battlefield franchise. So if you aren't a fan of CoD then this probably wouldn't appeal to you anyway.

Zack Fair
BF MP is balls.

Tzeentch
What aspects of the MP make it balls, my son?

Smasandian
Originally posted by Tzeentch
That's unfortunate, since the consensus seems to be that the SP is dog-shit.

In any case, this is/was supposed to be a Call of Duty-esque spin-off of Battlefield, not the successor of the Battlefield franchise. So if you aren't a fan of CoD then this probably wouldn't appeal to you anyway.

Most reviews I have read thought the SP to be not that bad. I didn't see anything regarding "dogshit". I heard the same thing regarding both BF3/4 SP campaigns though.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Tzeentch
What aspects of the MP make it balls, my son? Rampant chaos with 64 players and shitload of vehicles.

Tzeentch
Being bad at the game doesn't make ital a bad game Zack. That's like me saying Halo is bad because your friends kick me out of the party everytime I try to join.

... sad

Zack Fair
dur

Tzeentch
Seriously though phuck you guys. uhuh

Newjak
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Rampant chaos with 64 players and shitload of vehicles. That sounds like a lot of fun actually.

Zack Fair
That's what I meant by balls. lol.

Need to work on my slang.

Tzeentch
oh shit, seriously? lol

yeah... balls has a negative connotation over here.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Zack Fair
That's what I meant by balls. lol.

Need to work on my slang. I got what you meant

These old @ss men are just stuck in the 70s or something

Zack Fair
hahaha. But seriously I love BF MP. Its so much fun. So much shit going on that people don't even *****/whine about weapon balance.

Smasandian
Hahaha.

I always loved those BF moments you have. Unlike CoD (or from my experience), BF always has something crazy happen to me. It's damn fun.

Arachnid1
Agreed. Love the insane moments in battlefield. This just doesn't happen in any other games. Never gets old no matter how many times I watch it.

FOaGhE_sejI

This kind of stuff just doesn't happen in Hardline though.

Smasandian
That sucks.

My favourite was on Lucang dam and I was sniping. I probably killed 10-20 guys in a row. For some reason, the fates aligned and I was always behind somebody. It was ****ing sweet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.