Mortal Kombat X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/28/new-mortal-kombat-announcement-imminent

Rumors of the next Mortal Kombat, and a poster! About time.

-Pr-
About time. Injustice was great, but I missed MK.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah.. erm

Still disappointing that this got cancelled.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812155

-Pr-
Damn, that would have been something.

Zack Fair
Meh. I have come to terms with the fact I will never love MK as much as I used to. It sucks =\

-Pr-
Why? MK9 was a better version of the originals imo.

Ridley_Prime
It was. To say like MK1, MK2, or 3 were better as a whole than 9 is just pure nostalgia talking, IMO. To each their own though.

Zack Fair
I agree. Take in mind I never said the old ones are better. I just can't seem to enjoy them as much as I did in the old days. Nostalgia being a huge factor and being a kid back then. Was more focused on the characters than the actual gameplay, which was subpar compared to SFs now that I look at it. Nowadays I am more about the gameplay than the story. Which is why it suffers, because I can't enjoy it as much as I want to. I guess I got used to Capcom's fighters. I had no idea how much the blood, fatalities and overall Finish Him shenanigans lured me.

Again I'm not saying the game is bad. Just not my style anymore.

Ridley_Prime
Fair enough. I mean even though MK's one of my favorite series, I've always acknowledged it as having somewhere around average gameplay at best for the most part when you look past the gore and fatalities, barring maybe the last game. As long as MK stays competitively competent though and doesn't lose its way again like it did with the 3D games (expanding the mythos being about the only thing they did right), I'll be satisfied.

Anyway, seems a teaser/trailer on this new game will be released Monday the 2nd according to Boon or some source.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I agree. Take in mind I never said the old ones are better. I just can't seem to enjoy them as much as I did in the old days. Nostalgia being a huge factor and being a kid back then. Was more focused on the characters than the actual gameplay, which was subpar compared to SFs now that I look at it. Nowadays I am more about the gameplay than the story. Which is why it suffers, because I can't enjoy it as much as I want to. I guess I got used to Capcom's fighters. I had no idea how much the blood, fatalities and overall Finish Him shenanigans lured me.

Again I'm not saying the game is bad. Just not my style anymore.

That's all right, I guess. I actually prefer the MK style, so i'm on the opposite side.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Fair enough. I mean even though MK's one of my favorite series, I've always acknowledged it as having somewhere around average gameplay at best for the most part when you look past the gore and fatalities, barring maybe the last game. As long as MK stays competitively competent though and doesn't lose its way again like it did with the 3D games (expanding the mythos being about the only thing they did right), I'll be satisfied.

Anyway, seems a teaser/trailer on this new game will be released Monday the 2nd according to Boon or some source. Thank the heavens they went back to making MK. That dc fighter looked awful.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thank the heavens they went back to making MK. That dc fighter looked awful.

But what if Quan Chi doesn't make the roster?

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Zack Fair

Anyway, seems a teaser/trailer on this new game will be released Monday the 2nd according to Boon or some source. Originally posted by -Pr-
That's all right, I guess. I actually prefer the MK style, so i'm on the opposite side. thumb up x 2

I can still play it a lot. Its always fun to decapitate friends. awesome

And MK9 is indeed the best one out there, toppled only by Injustice IMHO. I still need to buy Injustice. I'm just not sure on which platform.

-Pr-
thumb up x 2

I can still play it a lot. Its always fun to decapitate friends. awesome

And MK9 is indeed the best one out there, toppled only by Injustice IMHO. I still need to buy Injustice. I'm just not sure on which platform.

I own both, and I've actually found that I enjoy both for different reasons.

Injustice is the superior game in terms of the depth of the fighting system, and though it isn't as visceral as MK, it does have some nice touches that please the comic fan I am. There are some bits that are a tad gimmicky (like the weapons in the stages), but it really doesn't detract from the game.

MK, for me, is a more satisfying game in terms of just how brutal things feel. When I cave in Scorpion's skull, there's a "caveman" part of me that gets more pleasure out of that than say, tossing Doomsday through the Phantom Zone.

I think you might be pleasantly surprised by Injustice, even if it does have some very MK-ish foundations underneath the gloss.

Zack Fair
Yeah. I've played my fair share of Injustice. I don't own it, but a friend does and we have played quite a few times. I like it. If only it came out for PC, man.

-Pr-
Yeah. I've played my fair share of Injustice. I don't own it, but a friend does and we have played quite a few times. I like it. If only it came out for PC, man.

It is on PC. it's on steam. stick out tongue

Zack Fair
!? Oh shit really? Was it on PC when it first come out? Or did it make it to PC when the PS4 version was released?

How the hell did I miss it

-Pr-
!? Oh shit really? Was it on PC when it first come out? Or did it make it to PC when the PS4 version was released?

How the hell did I miss it

Yeah, the ultimate edition came out a while back. before ps4 but after ps3. I know because I considered buying it when It was on sale.

Zack Fair
I'm so going to RIP it off.

Will buy it at a later time, but right now I've spent a little too much in gaming.

Need my stratosphere uppercut fix though. Superman would be ashamed of me i know =[

-Pr-
I'm so going to RIP it off.

Will buy it at a later time, but right now I've spent a little too much in gaming.

Need my stratosphere uppercut fix though. Superman would be ashamed of me i know =

laughing out loud

Hey, what you like is what you like.

JabberWaki
I hear Injustice 2 is coming out next year.

Injustice 2 and a new MK, Neatherrealm is gonna be busy as hell.

Zack Fair
Hope they make animations more fluid. I don't know. Everything feels so fkn stiff to me.

Bro SMASH
I'm just wondering about this "Who's Next" thing and what the "X" stands for. It seems to hint at a crossover (which, if that is the case, I hope it's Street Fighter) but we'll find out soon so I can wait.

Thank the heavens they went back to making MK. That dc fighter looked awful.

Awful? Injustice is a great game, as expected from NRS.

Zack Fair
Its better than MK9 for sure. But really don't pay attention to the resident troll.

**** just commenting on it feeds it.

Meh.

Lek Kuen
As long as MK stays competitively competent though and doesn't lose its way again like it did with the 3D games (expanding the mythos being about the only thing they did right),

I thought Deadly Alliance and Deception did excellent jobs at making each character feel very different in even their basic attacks. Something I personally feel the older 2d games struggled with and relied on the specials and fatalities to differentiate.

Bro SMASH
Its better than MK9 for sure. But really don't pay attention to the resident troll.

**** just commenting on it feeds it.

Meh.

"Better"? Hmm...others have said something like that but I like both games equally.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
It is on PC. it's on steam. stick out tongue

Its also on a physical disc from the shop too.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by JabberWaki
I hear Injustice 2 is coming out next year.

Injustice 2 and a new MK, Neatherrealm is gonna be busy as hell.
Eh, a little too soon for another Injustice if you ask me.

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
I thought Deadly Alliance and Deception did excellent jobs at making each character feel very different in even their basic attacks. Something I personally feel the older 2d games struggled with and relied on the specials and fatalities to differentiate.
The combos helped differentiate everyone too. In MK3/UMK3 I mean, though that was the first & only one to have combos out of the original 2D's, but yeah. DA and Deception did a good job with that much too I'll admit. A shame though that Armageddon pretty much undid the good things those two games had done, which admittedly is mostly what I tend to remember when I think of the 3D games now because of the awful taste it left in my mouth (several characters that were clones of others' movesets, etc). The main gimmick the 3D games had going with the different styles of martial arts/fighting styles was cool in concept, but feel it could've been executed much better too.

Different strokes and all that I suppose.

Lek Kuen
Well yeah Armageddon was trash, but i think Deception gets unfairly lumped in with it nowadays.

Wei Phoenix
DA was my favorite MK game. I loved the story and the character Shunjinko. I haven't played 9 so I have no idea how they compare.

Demonic Phoenix
Ci6lMQNLKZU

I'm torn (pun not intended) on whether or not this is how the gameplay should be.

Kazenji
LZGGNsPnmu8

dammit you bet me to it, Also for some reason the video i posted the quality of it goes to shit around the 0:15 mark.

Estacado
Looks great!

Wei Phoenix
So Sub-Zero won't be in this one?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
"Better"? Hmm...others have said something like that but I like both games equally. thumb up Fair enough.

Sub better not be gone.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Estacado
Looks great!

Agreed!

And there's no way Sub-Zero won't be in. I think NRS just seems to like the idea of Scorpion beating up on Sub-Zero (just like in MK9).

Zack Fair
Its funny. Scorpion is Tobias fav. char. But I like how they still make Sub a badass top dog of the franchise.

-Pr-
Trailer looks great; and i'm interested to see how they marry the Injustice system with whatever new features they have planned.

I'm sure Sub-Zero will be in it. I'm just hoping they don't repeat history and kill Johnny Cage.

I liked Deception and Deadly Alliance too; they were good games, and the whole "two styles plus a third weapon style" idea worked well enough that I really ended up feeling like I had to work to master several characters.

Ridley_Prime
Well yeah Armageddon was trash, but i think Deception gets unfairly lumped in with it nowadays.
Yeah... erm

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
DA was my favorite MK game. I loved the story and the character Shunjinko. I haven't played 9 so I have no idea how they compare.
9 is basically a much better told version of the story of the first three games with some twists here and there. Not sure how I would compare it to Deception's story though, but I liked 'em both very well. I liked Shujinko too of course but I guess we're in the minority there.

As for the trailer, wanking Scorpion promtional-wise as usual I see, not that I'm complaining. lol The appearance of a human Subzero hopefully means we won't be stuck with just the cyborg version too. Not a fan of that music though which was kind of a turnoff for me. erm

Trailer looks great; and i'm interested to see how they marry the Injustice system with whatever new features they have planned.

I'm sure Sub-Zero will be in it. I'm just hoping they don't repeat history and kill Johnny Cage.

I liked Deception and Deadly Alliance too; they were good games, and the whole "two styles plus a third weapon style" idea worked well enough that I really ended up feeling like I had to work to master several characters.
Maybe it's nostalgia, but I like how they handled the weapon system in MK4 the best. Agree on the rest though.

Also, this new game will be available on both current and last gen consoles apparently.

https://twitter.com/WB_Games_UK/status/473480110637867008

The visuals and stuff better look improved on PS4/Xbone versions, because from what I saw of Injustice on those platforms, it looked pretty much the same as on last gen consoles. But whatever.

-Pr-
I never played MK4 much, sadly. I went almost straight from 2 and 3 to Deception (which was before DA iirc).

I just hope that they announce the PC version too. MK took a while to come out there.

Lek Kuen
No Deception was two years after DA

Noob

-Pr-
sad

BlackZero30x
Im pumped for it! Looks wonderful!

FinalAnswer
I just hope that they announce the PC version too. MK took a while to come out there.

The PC version was announced as coming out the same time as all the others in 2015.

-Pr-
Oh, cool. I must have misread.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, sorry. Forgot to include that part in my previous post. lol

So... I wonder if whether we'll see Cyber Subzero or not again because of the trailer.

Lek Kuen
So any characters not in 9 you would like to see in the new one?

FinalAnswer
Bo' Rai Cho would be pretty cool.

Tzeentch
Meat.

-Pr-
Mavado, though I doubt we'll see him.

I hope they keep everyone that was in the last one, though.

0mega Spawn
Kai

Kazenji
Havik.

Estacado
Fujin.

Kazenji
Nitara is another one i wouldn't mind seeing again.

Ridley_Prime
Sareena, Li Mei, Tremor, Reiko... Maybe Fujin too.

For bosses, Onaga, though we'll most likely get Shinnok again first.

Most I've seen consider Mavado a poor man's Kabal, with him having his hookswords and whatnot. I liked him though, with the Jet Li esque appearance he had going, and those hook things he used for evasive maneuvers and offensively was pretty cool too.

Any character in the series that faded into obscurity before (which Armageddon didn't help with) can pretty much be redeemed, with the exception of obvious intended joke characters like Mokap. There are still some that I would NOT want to see again though, like that brat Frost and Hsu Hao.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Ci6lMQNLKZU

I'm torn (pun not intended) on whether or not this is how the gameplay should be.

So wait. Is everything in the trailer a cinematic or is that really the gameplay? If it's the gameplay, I'm all for it.

KCJ506

Cyber Smoke
Shinnok
Fujin
Tanya
Lei Mei
Frost
Nitara
Kira
Havik
Sareena

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So wait. Is everything in the trailer a cinematic or is that really the gameplay? If it's the gameplay, I'm all for it.

My understanding is that was actual gameplay.

BlackZero30x

Batman lol

Zack Fair
I'm kind of tired of games coming out for everything. I liked the idea at first, because I do believe the more people game the better. Thing is I get salty because its holding back the current gen. And I'm not going to get on PCs.

Wei Phoenix

I thought Vado was a great concept

Bro SMASH

Li Mei
Kobra
Mavado

Lek Kuen
And I'm not going to get on PCs.

You are a race traitor

Ridley_Prime
I'm kind of tired of games coming out for everything. I liked the idea at first, because I do believe the more people game the better. Thing is I get salty because its holding back the current gen. And I'm not going to get on PCs.
Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same way about titles coming out for everything, and I'd say that even if I still didn't have a PS4 or anything current gen yet.

Originally posted by KCJ506
Cyber Smoke
Shinnok
Fujin
Tanya
Lei Mei
Frost
Nitara
Kira
Havik
Sareena
thumb up on some of those choices, especially Sareena. Has been one of my favorites since I first saw her in the Subzero adventure sidescroller.

Lek Kuen
Well the reason is it's not really profitable (atleast not as profitable) to release next gen only yet. The market for old consoles is huge compared to how many people own to the one. So give it another year.

Combined ps4 and xbone have less then 20 million (somewhere around 12-15 with neither having 10 million alone)

360 alone has over 80 million consoles in people's houses with ps3 around the same.

Zack Fair
I get why they release for last gen consoles and mostly everything. Im just a little salty over it lol.

PC Master race awesome

Lek Kuen

PC Master race awesome

You aren't allowed to use that term now!

Ridley_Prime
Some cool concept art for Ermac in MKX. May not be the final version of him in the game or perhaps an alternate costume, but I like it. Has a Scarecrow (from Batman) kind of vibe to it.

http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Beneto_Fanart_Ermac_B.jpg

http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/C74wM7i.jpg

http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Beneto_Fanart_Ermac_C.jpg

Estacado
That looks badass!

Demonic Phoenix
JiU9rsduurc

FinalAnswer
Lolis?

In my Mortal Kombat?

BlackZero30x
Really liked the Gameplay reveal.

Tzeentch
The little girl character looks pretty dope. Overall good feels from the trailer. Looking forward to it.

Zack Fair
Yeah me too. I like what I saw.

Tzeentch
Zack, how does it feel looking like Graham Mcneil?

Estacado
Damn the gameplay looks so good!
I like the environment use from Injustice.

Zack Fair
LoL WTF

Ridley_Prime
Ah. So now we have a girl that uses bugs like Drahmin from Deadly Alliance, and also kinda reminds me of that other new chick from Killer Instinct.

That big dude that has a little minion is pretty amusing too.

-Pr-
The graphics look awesome. Really nice that they've worked hard on the lightning and effects. X-rays looked brutal.

New characters... Interesting.

Ridley_Prime
Oh, after looking at the 2nd trailer again, I saw that Aztec looking guy that I didn't really notice the first time because of the choppy framerate I was dealing with on the IGN site. He's kinda cool.

And Subzero being able to pick up one of his ice clones and throw it and someone. That's... new. From the dialogue though, it sounded like that was Bi-Han Subzero, not Kuai Liang. Could be wrong though.

It's xyz!
Mortal Kombat for the win.

That is all.

Demonic Phoenix
Oh, after looking at the 2nd trailer again, I saw that Aztec looking guy that I didn't really notice the first time because of the choppy framerate I was dealing with on the IGN site. He's kinda cool.

And Subzero being able to pick up one of his ice clones and throw it and someone. That's... new. From the dialogue though, it sounded like that was Bi-Han Subzero, not Kuai Liang. Could be wrong though.

Kuai Liang was turned into a cyborg after all. IIRC, in the original timeline, they didn't have a way to completely reverse it.
Resurrection on the other hand...
Or, it's a third brother. DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

Is that aztec looking guy Shinnok by any chance?

Estacado
But Bi Han is Noob Saibot now.

Ridley_Prime
Kuai Liang was turned into a cyborg after all. IIRC, in the original timeline, they didn't have a way to completely reverse it.
Resurrection on the other hand...
Or, it's a third brother. DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

Is that aztec looking guy Shinnok by any chance?
Hmm.. Well, who knows. I mean, anyone with the right training in the Lin Kuei can learn cryomancy for all we know. May not have to be one of the brothers for there to be another Subzero. Then again, with the way Scorpion talks to him it sounds like it's Bi-Han.

No, the Aztec guy is someone new.

But Bi Han is Noob Saibot now.
Well he could've changed after being knocked in that soulnado near the end of MK9, like how Scorpion changed after being thrown into one at the end of Deadly Alliance (albeit, survived thanks to the Elder Gods).

Anyhow, some more details from Boon on the game... Apparently Cage and Sonya had a daughter, and the game takes place twenty something years after the events of MK9.

RMUvp6Fta5A

I hope not too many characters in the roster are just random new faces and that we'll get some more returning fighters as well (besides Scorpion and Subzero).

The part where Boon says "the big bad is gonna be a fun surprise returning character" makes me think it's Liu Kang or someone, in which case, Shinnok and Quan Chi may just be backseat villains in this game. I dunno. They're differing from the old timeline much more than anticipated now.

FinalAnswer
"the big bad is gonna be a fun surprise returning character"

Dark Kahn

Ridley_Prime
gay_rage

Whelp, look what Dark Khan just did. We need another new MK timeline already!

-Pr-
Johnny Cage better be playable.

quanchi112
The game really is all about Quan Chi. He is the master manipulator.

Arachnid1
Noob Saibot is where it's at.

Ridley_Prime
Johnny Cage better be playable.
Well Cassie Cage has a mix of Johnny's and Sonya's specials according to Boon... The nut buster and kiss of death sounds like a neat combination actually.

But yeah, hope her parents are still somewhere to be seen.

-Pr-
Well Cassie Cage has a mix of Johnny's and Sonya's specials according to Boon... The nut buster and kiss of death sounds like a neat combination actually.

But yeah, hope her parents are still somewhere to be seen.

sure, she might be nice; just wouldn't be the same is all.

I am glad that johnny and sonya got together though.

Zack Fair
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-S-NWLY.gif

Ridley_Prime
sure, she might be nice; just wouldn't be the same is all.

I am glad that johnny and sonya got together though.
Yeah erm... but still better than Cage just dying again. Hoping they'll show some gameplay or something of her next though so I can get a real opinion on her.

It was something I would've expected a long time ago (back in the day), so it feels kinda weird in a way that them being together only happened now. lol

Estacado
Gameplay b1tches!!!!
RMUvp6Fta5A
CIiK0TYjsjE
LhAt4utJQpk

Kazenji
Good to see the 3 different play styles back in some form.

-Pr-
Yeah erm... but still better than Cage just dying again. Hoping they'll show some gameplay or something of her next though so I can get a real opinion on her.

It was something I would've expected a long time ago (back in the day), so it feels kinda weird in a way that them being together only happened now. lol

Yeah; took them long enough I guess.

Gameplay b1tches!!!!
RMUvp6Fta5A
CIiK0TYjsjE
LhAt4utJQpk

Nice.

Estacado
Im glad we finally have a playable tank character who is not a boss.

KCJ506
Just wondering, do people here prefer the block button or do they wish you held back to block? Boon confirmed that the block button would be returning, much to the chargin of certain people.

For games like MK, I think a block button works better considering almost every other character has a offensive teleport or a move that hits from behind. If these games were back to block, some of the faster teleports would be almost impossible to stop since you'd have to change directions instantly to hold your block. If someone was in the middle of a combo and then threw in a teleport, it'd be a really powerful mixup that would throw off game balance.

I know in Injustice you held back to block, but that initially didn't have characters with offensive teleports, but once Scorpion was added things went to hell. I know Dhalsim can teleport in SF4 (and a few other characters can get behind you with similar moves), but that isn't the same as Scorpion's flying across the screen almost instantly and hitting you from behind.

MidnightSpectre
Game looks awesome! For a MK,it looks really smooth.
Johnny Cage better be playable. An aged Johnny Cage would be a pretty cool concept. As for the guy above me I'd would rather have a block button then to walk back to block due to certain moves like you said.

quanchi112
Kotal Khan looks awesome.

Estacado
Edit.

Nemesis X
Cassie Cage. Yep. That happened.

Arachnid1
Cassie Cage. Yep. That happened. That is ****ing awesome. Hopefully she wont be as big of a joke as her dad. She's also Sonya Blades daughter apparently.

I'm still in this for Noob. He better be in.

MidnightSpectre
Edit

Arachnid1
Originally posted by MidnightSpectre
You could say that Sonya...got "Caged". You are bad and you should feel bad.

MidnightSpectre
Huh? Wait....I didn't mean it like that. no expression

Ridley_Prime
Just wondering, do people here prefer the block button or do they wish you held back to block? Boon confirmed that the block button would be returning, much to the chargin of certain people.

For games like MK, I think a block button works better considering almost every other character has a offensive teleport or a move that hits from behind. If these games were back to block, some of the faster teleports would be almost impossible to stop since you'd have to change directions instantly to hold your block. If someone was in the middle of a combo and then threw in a teleport, it'd be a really powerful mixup that would throw off game balance.

I know in Injustice you held back to block, but that initially didn't have characters with offensive teleports, but once Scorpion was added things went to hell. I know Dhalsim can teleport in SF4 (and a few other characters can get behind you with similar moves), but that isn't the same as Scorpion's flying across the screen almost instantly and hitting you from behind.
Yeah... Couldn't agree more. I'm glad the block button is back if that's the case.

An aged Johnny Cage would be a pretty cool concept.
Now that I think about it, it would. Something tells me though that they're gonna pass up on that opportunity. Hope I'm wrong.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
You are bad and you should feel bad.
No he shouldn't.

Nemesis X
I'm still in this for Noob. He better be in.

**** Noob and his shadow clone jutsu.

MidnightSpectre
Now that I think about it, it would. Something tells me though that they're gonna pass up on that opportunity. Hope I'm wrong.

Same here,Cage was my main in MK9 plus he has potential for even more character development. A Father-Daughter Tag Team would be awesome by the way.

**** Noob and his shadow clone jutsu.

*Remembers the days of MK9 Online where you have to fight against a Flowchart Noob Saibot player* laughing out loud

Arachnid1
**** Noob and his shadow clone jutsu. Someone had a bad experience with a never ending chain of this

WdXoQHKuzWA

Huh? Wait....I didn't mean it like that. no expression No, I meant that the joke was corny haha. That wasn't meant to be offensive, but I suppose thats hard to pick up over the internet. You definitely didn't have to edit it. My apologies.

Ridley_Prime
Same here,Cage was my main in MK9 plus he has potential for even more character development. A Father-Daughter Tag Team would be awesome by the way.
Yep, like Tina and Bass in Dead or Alive. thumb up

MidnightSpectre
No, I meant that the joke was corny haha. That wasn't meant to be offensive, but I suppose thats hard to pick up over the internet. You definitely didn't have to edit it. My apologies.
It's ok I forgive you,no hard feelings man.

-Pr-
She got caged. haters gonna hate.

But yeah, I hope he's in it. Dude's been my main since the very first game.

Ridley_Prime
Finally, some Cassie gameplay, @ 4 minutes or so in.

S8NAP--4IcQ

As expected, she has a nice combination of Sonya's moves and Johnny's green shadow attacks. And that fatality with the bubblegum... wow. Creative.

KCJ506
NRS stated that they wanted to introduce new characters and not simply make a next gen MK9. Is that a good idea though? Surely they must know how anal and fussy fighting game fans get whenever a series tries to do the whole new generation of fighters.

Demonic Phoenix

A dedicated block button makes cross-ups moot. That's why I don't like it. As for Scorpion's teleport, I think it's balanced by the fact that if it gets blocked, he's at such a huge disadvantage that it's laughable.

But MK uses a dedicated button for blocking, and it does have some really fast teleport attacks, so no need to change that IMO. Injustice is a different game.

Finally, some Cassie gameplay, @ 4 minutes or so in.

S8NAP--4IcQ

As expected, she has a nice combination of Sonya's moves and Johnny's green shadow attacks. And that fatality with the bubblegum... wow. Creative.

Heh, does Farra have nicknames for every character? Nice.
I like that every character has an intro based on their opponent.
"From the page of Cage." Epic. But she's no Johnny.

EDIT: Wow, vid got taken down as soon as I finished watching it.

Tzeentch
Very impressed by the designs of all the new characters so far. As far as I'm concerned, if they're all at the quality-tier of the ones we've seen so far, I can forgive Netherealm for dropping some of the old characters.

I was really digging Cassie Cage. I peed myself a little when she uttered that line mentioned above while her twirling pistols around. Definitely got some 'tude, which is expected of a Sonya/Cage love-child. lol

edit- Also, they're getting better and better at designing the characters' physical characters. I've been pleased at the lack of cartoonishly-sized breasts and mannish faces on display with the new female characters.

Ridley_Prime
NRS stated that they wanted to introduce new characters and not simply make a next gen MK9. Is that a good idea though? Surely they must know how anal and fussy fighting game fans get whenever a series tries to do the whole new generation of fighters.
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder now if whether this game will be the Soul Calibur 5 of the series in that sense. i.e. Nearly every fan-favorite getting replaced by a "newer generation" character, which Cassie replacing Sonya & Johnny might be the case...

Unlike SC5 though, I have faith that the game won't have major shortcomings in multiple other areas and be a rushed product, so even if most of the classic characters are gone, it's manageable/forgivable.

Heh, does Farra have nicknames for every character? Nice.
I like that every character has an intro based on their opponent.
"From the page of Cage." Epic. But she's no Johnny.

EDIT: Wow, vid got taken down as soon as I finished watching it.
I heard there will even be different intros when a character's fighting the same character in what classic MK calls a mirror match. laughing out loud Seeing Scorpion's intro when he sees a reflection of himself should be interesting.

But yeah.. Still like her though for what it's worth.

Funny timing that was. Also, I found out that Kotal Kahn (Aztec guy) is some kind of ancestor to Shao Kahn like the Great Kung Lao is to Kung Lao. Go figure. Gives me more confidence in Onaga's eventual return I guess, even if it's not in this game.

And yeah, the lack of manly faces on the females so far is already an obvious sign of improvement on design.

quanchi112
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder now if whether this game will be the Soul Calibur 5 of the series in that sense. i.e. Nearly every fan-favorite getting replaced by a "newer generation" character, which Cassie replacing Sonya & Johnny might be the case...

Unlike SC5 though, I have faith that the game won't have major shortcomings in multiple other areas and be a rushed product, so even if most of the classic characters are gone, it's manageable/forgivable.

I heard there will even be different intros when a character's fighting the same character in what classic MK calls a mirror match. laughing out loud Seeing Scorpion's intro when he sees a reflection of himself should be interesting.

But yeah.. Still like her though for what it's worth.

Funny timing that was. Also, I found out that Kotal Kahn (Aztec guy) is some kind of ancestor to Shao Kahn like the Great Kung Lao is to Kung Lao. Go figure. Gives me more confidence in Onaga's eventual return I guess, even if it's not in this game.

And yeah, the lack of manly faces on the females so far is already an obvious sign of improvement on design. What is your source for Kotal Khan's origins ?

Ridley_Prime
What is your source for Kotal Khan's origins ?
http://www.ign.com/wikis/mortal-kombat-10/Kotal_Kahn

Don't know how reliable it is, but seems pretty sound.

Oh, I worded it wrong/misread before. He's descendent of Shao Kahn, not ancestor.

quanchi112

Oh, I worded it wrong/misread before. He's descendent of Shao Kahn, not ancestor. Ok. Yeah, this makes sense I just wanted to hear your source. He seems like a character I would tend to go for. I still am waiting to hear about Quan Chi being in the game.

Estacado

Oh, I worded it wrong/misread before. He's descendent of Shao Kahn, not ancestor.
He seems pretty cool.

Estacado
I wonder if Shinnok will be in it...hence the ending of 9.

Estacado
Kotal & Cassey
FHqZ7MS-MB4

-Pr-
Combat looks more fluid; transitions are smooth, and x-rays are brutal. Some of those fatalities look nice too.

I just hope the whole "three versions" thing isn't too gimmicky.

quanchi112
I wonder if Shinnok will be in it...hence the ending of 9. I am sure Quan Chi's ***** will be in it.

Estacado
What about Scorpion's b1tch?
I mean Quan Chi.biscuits

Estacado
They need to make another mk shaolin monks with more playable characters that game was awesome!!

-Pr-
They need to make another mk shaolin monks with more playable characters that game was awesome!!

I heard that Johnny Cage was playable only years after, and it was too late to get the game sad

Lek Kuen
I heard that Johnny Cage was playable only years after, and it was too late to get the game sad

Emulate it. Want a link to the emulator I use for ps2 games?

Estacado
Johnny was available in the vs from the go I think.
Vs had like 8 characters
Johnny
Scorpion
Kitana
Liu
Kung
Sub
Reptile
Baraka

these come in mind

Story only had 4 playable characters
Liu
Kung
Sub
Scorpion.

-Pr-
Emulate it. Want a link to the emulator I use for ps2 games?

Sure, please.

Johnny was available in the vs from the go I think.
Vs had like 8 characters
Johnny
Scorpion
Kitana
Liu
Kung
Sub
Reptile
Baraka

these come in mind

Story only had 4 playable characters
Liu
Kung
Sub
Scorpion.

No, I mean, playable in campaign. I'm sure I saw a video of it somewhere. I didn't know the two ninjas were playable though.

Estacado
You can use action replay discs for specials cheats allowing you to play normally unplayable characters or get god mode...etc...

-Pr-
You can use action replay discs for specials cheats allowing you to play normally unplayable characters or get god mode...etc...

That must be it, then.

I did play Shaolin Monks; I even finished it with my bro. I just didn't buy it, for the Cage reason.

Estacado
Tried to check but yeah it seems like Johnny is only vs unless you use action replay in which case almost anyone is playable including Goro.

http://www.cheathappens.com/show_board2.asp?headID=36422&titleID=10708

-Pr-
laughing out loud Goro. Wtf.

Ridley_Prime
If there's online co-op, then sure. Otherwise, I'd want another MK adventure title along the lines of the Sub-Zero Mythologies game. Don't see either happening though as now.

And yeah, with cheats or something I saw you could even go through Shaolin Monks' campaign as Goro and Kintaro. lol

BlackZero30x
uugg I wasn't a fan of Shaolin Monks. Although, if I recall I did enjoy the Chess mode.

Estacado
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
uugg I wasn't a fan of Shaolin Monks. Although, if I recall I did enjoy the Chess mode.
Wasnt Deception the one with chess mode?

PTforthewin
A next den would suck

Estacado
Kotal x-ray
o2zi9we7vAM

Kazenji
If there's online co-op, then sure. Otherwise, I'd want another MK adventure title along the lines of the Sub-Zero Mythologies game. Don't see either happening though as now.

Except without the side on view which Sub-Zero Mythologies had

if it was done more like Shaolin Monk then i would be up for it.

Ridley_Prime
Well yeah, I didn't mean it had to be a sidescroller. Just as long as it's like a spiritual successor to the Sub-Zero game (earning a new special move on each stage via leveling up with exp, finding herbs and stuff for health, that kind of thing).

Anyway, wow. Kotal Kahn's x-ray sure puts some of the other neck-damaging ones (like Kung Lao's) to shame. Definitely more brutal.

Estacado
There is also another gameplay showing more of Kotal's specials like totem summoning ,summoning a light pillar and throwing fire spears or something like that.

Estacado
All fatalities and x-rays.
In case you guys missed any...have to say Sub-Zero has the lamest x-ray...sad
PtAuEWdMGeE

Ridley_Prime
Everyone will have more than one x-ray move apparently like with fatalities, and the roster size will basically be the same as MK9's. Also Joe interviewing with one of the lead developers.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jun/23/netherrealm-x-ray-attacks-are-almost-fatalities-now-everybody-will-have-more-one-mortal-kombat-xs-roster-size-will-be-similar-mk9/

Demonic Phoenix
ft9_Phq38oE

Dat Teleport.

Seeing shades of SF3's Urien in Raiden - Lightning Lord. Also, different throws for each version? Noice.

And I'm seeing variations in Raiden's costume between the versions. I'm guessing that's the case for every character?

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/193/b/3/mkx_raiden_fatality_by_agb_gifs-d7qehku.gif

Estacado
Looks f'in great!

quanchi112
I do not think is due out until 2016 so it's going to be a lot of waiting.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>