What villains deserve their own movie ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Interesting idea due to Maleficent.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/29/which-villain-needs-their-own-movie

WhiteWitchKing
Jabba the Hutt

Stealth Moose
Magneto.

Mindship
Victor. Von. Doom. Especially after the FF flicks. The man, the villian, the genius, must be redeemed. Start off with him brooding on his Latervian throne, griping about the world, history, his legacy; then flashback to boyhood, and let the tale unfold...

marwash22
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Magneto. thumb up

Lestov16
Tyler Durden
Keyser Soze
The Rainmaker (Looper)
Anton Chigurh
Ivan Drago

juggerman
Wrong. The correct answer is Khan. Did I win?

Nephthys
Darth Vade-oh wait

marwash22
how do you really do a villain movie w/o the hero(s) they're intrinsically linked to?

There are only a few villains who aren't black and white and have enough backstory and motivation to carry a movie on their own. Giving most villains their own movie would just result in a weak plot with random chaos and destruction with no one to stop them.

Lestov16
George Lucas is like a cinematic Monkey's Paw

quanchi112
Originally posted by marwash22
how do you really do a villain movie w/o the hero(s) they're intrinsically linked to?

There are only a few villains who aren't black and white and have enough backstory and motivation to carry a movie on their own. Giving most villains their own movie would just result in a weak plot with random chaos and destruction with no one to stop them. Most villains aren't the evil monsters according to themselves other people believe them to be.

marwash22
true. but most of them do however simply want to watch the world burn, to quote Batman's butler.

w/o a hero in the mix, it's just the villain wrecking shit with no real plot or resolution.

I suppose you could do the movie from the villains pov, but even then, the villain would still be the villain of the story and ultimately lose in the end. heh.

quanchi112
true. but most of them do however simply want to watch the world burn, to quote Batman's butler.

w/o a hero in the mix, it's just the villain wrecking shit with no real plot or resolution.

I suppose you could do the movie from the villains pov, but even then, the villain would still be the villain of the story and ultimately lose in the end. heh. Or have the villain take on another villain.

Time Immemorial
Loki for sure.

Silver Surfer and Manhattan, not necessarily villains, but still, need movies.

Firefly218

There are only a few villains who aren't black and white and have enough backstory and motivation to carry a movie on their own. Giving most villains their own movie would just result in a weak plot with random chaos and destruction with no one to stop them.

Yah, like Magneto or Loki

Time Immemorial
Magneto has had 5 or 6 movies now and he steals the show every time. Loki steals the show as well, so did Surfer and Manhatten, to bad they don't their own movies.

marwash22
Manhattan and Surfer aren't villains.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Magneto has had 5 or 6 movies now and he steals the show every time. Loki steals the show as well, so did Surfer and Manhatten, to bad they don't their own movies.

I'm sorry, but I don't get tired of Magneto being a badass and tossing cars around like candy wrappers.

-Pr-
I could see a Fassbender Magneto one being good. Though you still need to get around the whole "no hero to fight him" thing.

Genosha might be doable.

Loki, I could see working too. Make it a movie between Thor movies, showing what Loki is up to, and events he sets in motion to cause untold mayhem.

Firefly218
Originally posted by -Pr-
I could see a Fassbender Magneto one being good. Though you still need to get around the whole "no hero to fight him" thing.

Genosha might be doable.

Loki, I could see working too. Make it a movie between Thor movies, showing what Loki is up to, and events he sets in motion to cause untold mayhem.

I actually think a Loki movie bridging the gap between Thor 1 and The Avengers would be cool.

We never got to see what shit Loki went through between Thor 1 and Avengers

-Pr-
Originally posted by Firefly218
I actually think a Loki movie bridging the gap between Thor 1 and The Avengers would be cool.

We never got to see what shit Loki went through between Thor 1 and Avengers

True. He's a good enough actor to carry his own movie too, imo.

jaden101
I'd say Hannibal Lector but that didn't work out too well. TV show is supposedly decent but I won't ever watch it cos if it ain't Anthony Hopkins then what's the point. And he's too old for it now.

Anyway...from TV and films

Max Cady (Cape Fear)
The yellow king (True Detective)
Gustavo Fring (Breaking Bad)
Damon Pope (Sons of Anarchy)
Falon (Dennis Leary in Judgement Night)
Clarence Boddicker (Robocop)
Hans Gruber (Die Hard)

Flyattractor
I am just glad the live action LOBO movie aint never gonna happen.

Ridley_Prime
Well since Apocalypse is already gonna happen now, Mr. Sinister.

Firefly218
Lex Luthor would be cool too

marwash22
Originally posted by jaden101
I'd say Hannibal Lector but that didn't work out too well. TV show is supposedly decent but I won't ever watch it cos if it ain't Anthony Hopkins then what's the point. And he's too old for it now.
Hannibal is a fantastic show.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101

Hans Gruber (Die Hard)

Beat me too it.

Lexington
the Villain from Twelve Monkeys

jinXed by JaNx
The Villains get their own movies all the time. You can't have the Villain without the hero. It doesn't work anyway otherwise.

Firefly218
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
The Villains get their own movies all the time. You can't have the Villain without the hero. It doesn't work anyway otherwise.

Movies where the villian is the main character

DARTH POWER
Magneto did seem like the main character to me in First Class. Or at the very least joint main character alongside Xavier.

Kelly_Bean
Loki Laufeyson.

..and he should be nude the whole movie..

riv6672
A villain movie without the main hero is doable.
Villains deal with all sorts of law agencies and other unsavory characters "off panel".
If the story, as Hollywood seems to prefer is origin centric, it makes things even easier in that we get to see the damage they caused prior to "becoming" the villains we're more familiar with.

Also, Hans Gruber was a GREAT choice!

zeel
Originally posted by Firefly218
Lex Luthor would be cool too

Lex luthor needs to be scrapped as a comic book character and never be heard from again bleeaaaaahhhh sick of that character.

StealthRanger
Sauron

NemeBro
Ser Gregor Clegane.

marwash22
Gregor vs Sansa's vagina.

Robtard
Gregor doesn't actually rape women with his penis, as it's impossibly small and he's impotent to boot. This is the source of 99.97% of his rage and why he punches babies when he can.

So Sith Sansa's vagina > Gregor's teeny peeny.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ser Gregor Clegane. Not many would go see the film. Lousy character with very little skill with a sword.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by quanchi112
Not many would go see the film. Lousy character with very little skill with a sword. thumb up

NemeBro
Not many would go see the film. Lousy character with very little skill with a sword. But alive. smile

riv6672
Haha!!!

quanchi112
But alive. smile Not due to skill. Oberyn has him outclassed. Hell, Gregor sucks at jousting as well.

Best part is when the Hound easily takes him on after he pouts. What a zitty character only you liked.

Robtard
Not due to skill. Oberyn has him outclassed. Hell, Gregor sucks at jousting as well.

Best part is when the Hound easily takes him on after he pouts. What a zitty character only you liked. Stop crying over Oberyn in here.

There are many negatives to lay across Gregor's shoulders, but acne?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Stop crying over Oberyn in here.

There are many negatives to lay across Gregor's shoulders, but acne? I am explaining the facts mr. Don't you start I'll tell a mod you're starting stuff.

You're weak. Unbelievably weak man.

Tzeentch
Don't do it, Nemebro.

I don't... I don't want to see you get hurt anymore!

marwash22
Gregor doesn't actually rape women with his penis, as it's impossibly small and he's impotent to boot. This is the source of 99.97% of his rage and why he punches babies when he can.

So Sith Sansa's vagina > Gregor's teeny peeny. he'd rape you, murder you, then kill your children.

/canon.

NemeBro
Not due to skill. Oberyn has him outclassed. Hell, Gregor sucks at jousting as well.

Best part is when the Hound easily takes him on after he pouts. What a zitty character only you liked.

If Oberyn had him outclassed, why is he dead?

I like winners. Gregor won the duel. smile

Stealth Moose

I like winners. Gregor won the duel. smile

NEMEBRO: Vader > Sidious, because he "won the duel".

LOL.

NemeBro
Correct.

Anakin Skywalker is courage personified.

Stealth Moose
Correct.

Anakin Skywalker is courage personified.

So if I defeat Bruce Lee in a typing class, which causes the collar around his neck to spontaneously explode, am I a better duelist?

NemeBro
If those were the terms of the duel then yes. thumb up

Oberyn died, Gregor didn't. Because Gregor fights to win, Oberyn fights for selfish reasons which get him killed. smile

Robtard
I am explaining the facts mr. Don't you start I'll tell a mod you're starting stuff.

You're weak. Unbelievably weak man.

The facts are: The Judge trolled you a little bit, you cried due to weakness and fear, you reported him and now he's banned. /factualfacts

pallaviagg27
Recently watched "The Dark Knight Rises" on HBO Hits. Its really awesome and I just like its villian really so cool and awesome !!!

quanchi112
The facts are: The Judge trolled you a little bit, you cried due to weakness and fear, you reported him and now he's banned. /factualfacts No, you were told the facts. The guy was an obvious sock and was banned. A global took a screenshot and still you disrespect him by basically implying he lied.

quanchi112

I like winners. Gregor won the duel. smile Context. You can ignore it all you want. It's like me saying Luthor in Superman returns beat his ass. Let's not ignore the context just because you are upset Oberyn is on another level skill wise than the slow, lumbering zombie.

0mega Spawn
I would like to see yulaw killing his counterparts 100 times

fostersAccount
People are getting banned in this thread?
Maybe one of them can come back and be the ultimate villain in their own movie.

Troll Rising

shinning_like_m
thats right the villains are also super built character in the movie, but evil cant win..........

fostersAccount
When did this movie discussion forum become a TV discussion forum :sigh:

Arachnid1
Not many would go see the film. Lousy character with very little skill with a sword. I wouldn't say that. There would be a kind of enjoyment seeing the inner workings of an absolute monster like Ser Gregor, and I'd even saw plenty of people would be interested in seeing him fleshed out in live action. Look at characters like Ed Gein and Hannibal Lector today. There is definitely a market for those kind of characters.

As far as GoTs villains though, the world needs a Keeping Up With The Lannisters

T1chgUE70pA

FYI, I hate the actual ****ing show, but this shit would be awesome.

Mauzeraut
Marsellus Wallace - Pulp Fiction (Maybe not a full-on villain, but I'd watch the shit out of this)
Agent Smith - The Matrix (Still think this series needs a prequel, a la Animatrix)
Anton Chigurh - No Country for Old Men (screw Dexter, do a series on this guy)
Vincent - Collateral
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman - Full Metal Jacket
Pinhead - Hellraiser (needs a serious reboot on par with the first two, lets get some backstory!)
Brick Top - Snatch
Wicked Witch of the West - Wizard of Oz (Been done on Broadway, needs a big screen version)

Agreeing with what someone said earlier, just because the movie may be named after the hero involved doesn't mean it wasn't almost entirely about the villain. See:
Batman: The Dark Knight
Seven
Fight Club
Star Wars (arguably all six movies are about Vader in one way or another)
Silence of the Lambs (main story of the series is about Hannibal)

And so on.

Firefly218
Oberyn was a more skilled and better fighter than gregor. Gregor odds just freakishly big and strong.

Stoic
Thanos - Avengers.

Thanos Quest would make one hell of a movie.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I wouldn't say that. There would be a kind of enjoyment seeing the inner workings of an absolute monster like Ser Gregor, and I'd even saw plenty of people would be interested in seeing him fleshed out in live action. Look at characters like Ed Gein and Hannibal Lector today. There is definitely a market for those kind of characters.

As far as GoTs villains though, the world needs a Keeping Up With The Lannisters

T1chgUE70pA

FYI, I hate the actual ****ing show, but this shit would be awesome. Far more compelling and complex villains than Gregor but to each his own.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.