Does Pippin die in one scene?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mir92
At the part after Pippin touches the Plantir when he is laying on the ground, is he dead then brought to life by gandalf? I was under the impression he was dead at first because he is laying with his eyes open then gandalf closes his eyes with his hand...
Can anybody explain this to me?

- why is he laying with his eyes open?
-if not dead, why does gandalf put his hand over his eyes? Not to mention he responds to it like he's dead

Ungoliant
I always thought that too.
This is what I think:
Pippin was unconscious after he interacted with the Palantir.
Gandalf read Pippin's to find out if Pippin spoke with Sauron about Frodo and the Ring.

Gandalf can't even bring dead people to life, only the Valar can resurrect Maiar. This happened to Gandalf after he died with the Balrog.

Lord Lucien
Death and reincarnation brushed over in just a second? Jackson is too competent a filmmaker do something so immensely retarded. Gandalf's death/reincarnation was treated with the time and weight appropriate to such a theme. Pippin falling still for a moment is not.

He was petrified and shocked from interacting with Sauron in such a manner. Not dead. Gandalf snapped him out of it because he's freaking Gandalf.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.