Josh Brolin cast as Thanos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
Seems like Josh Brolin might have been cast as Thanos. What do you guys think?

Josh Brolin as Thanos article

"Variety has posted a report citing its own sources that Brolin has been cast as Thanos. However, there is still currently no confirmation from Marvel Studios.

Since his appearance in the post-credits scene of Marvel Studios' "The Avengers," fans have been wondering when they might see Thanos again in the studio's Cinematic Universe. While reports certainly indicate he'll show up in "Guardians of the Galaxy," there was no name to put with the face. However, an unconfirmed report from Latino Review states that Marvel has cast Josh Brolin in the role of the Mad Titan."

Firefly218
Sounds good to me

Dreampanther
He was pretty decent in Oldboy, which was a crazy-ass movie.

roughrider
Thanos will be motion capture, so as long as I like the voice...

roughrider
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/josh-brolin-to-play-thanos-in-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy-1201198891/?_r=true

BruceSkywalker
pretty good choice.. motion capture work should be really good ..

roughrider
Maybe this is a misprint of words, or misunderstanding...but this article claims Thanos will get a stand-alone film as well! eek!

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/labor-days-josh-brolin-plays-villain-thanos-marvels-133214108.html;_ylt=AwrBTvrc6I9TXFwACC3rFAx.

They also claim Thanos will appear in Age Of Ultron next year...that's likely in a cameo, if true. He is being saved For Avengers 3.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by roughrider
Maybe this is a misprint of words, or misunderstanding...but this article claims Thanos will get a stand-alone film as well! eek!

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/labor-days-josh-brolin-plays-villain-thanos-marvels-133214108.html;_ylt=AwrBTvrc6I9TXFwACC3rFAx.

They also claim Thanos will appear in Age Of Ultron next year...that's likely in a cameo, if true. He is being saved For Avengers 3.

i can believe that, have Thanos collect the infinity gems so Avengers 3 can be about The Infinity Gauntlet.. Maybe they will cast Adam Warlock to appear in Avengers 3 too

roughrider
It would be a daring move. For all the talk these past years about characters like Venom, Sabretooth, the Sinister Six, Magneto etc. - no studio has ever done a comic movie adaption with a villain as the star.

If Marvel Studios does it for Thanos, it's warranted. Maybe it could also happen for Loki, as well.

BruceSkywalker
It would be a daring move. For all the talk these past years about characters like Venom, Sabretooth, the Sinister Six, Magneto etc. - no studio has ever done a comic movie adaption with a villain as the star.

If Marvel Studios does it for Thanos, it's warranted. Maybe it could also happen for Loki, as well.

i agree

Firefly218
Giving Thanos a movie before Avengers 3 comes would be a brilliant move. If the movie is good it would really build the drama, anticipation, impact of Avengers 3.

DARTH POWER

Ah I don't think Marvel should. Sony and Fox have been planning it because they are limited in the characters they can use (who they think will bring in money).

But Marvel can only make 2 movies a year and they have so many superheroes left to give us- Black Panther, Doctor Strange.. Heck they're even sitting on Blade and Ghost Rider right now, and what ever happened to The Incredible Hulk solo franchise?

So I personally would prefer them to get on with the tons of superheroes they have and not waste 1 of their 2 movies a year on a Thanos stand alone.

roughrider
For all the talk these past years about characters like Venom, Sabretooth, the Sinister Six, Magneto etc. - no studio has ever done a comic movie adaption with a villain as the star.

Well...unless you count Tim Burton's Batman (1989). wink

Firefly218
no studio has ever done a comic movie adaption with a villain as the star.

TDK was basically a Joker movie.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

what ever happened to The Incredible Hulk solo franchise?

I believe that will be answered perhaps in Avengers 3 so Marvel could give us Planet Hulk/WWH smile

roughrider
I don't know what voice Brolin will use; a new one he will create, or some delivery he's already perfected in tough guy roles, like American Gangster.

Since this is likely a small cameo role, motion capture was probably done by someone else. I hope he gets the opportunity to perform Thanos himself completely, in future films. It does seem to make a difference to the actor's performance.

Stoic
I think that they chose the right guy for the part. I just wonder when they're going to slow down on the super hero movies? When you see too many of them, the concept begins to get a little stale after a while.

ares834
Still unsure on this. Brolin is a good actor, but I expected Thanos to have a deep resonant voice.... We'll see.

roughrider
Originally posted by Stoic
I think that they chose the right guy for the part. I just wonder when they're going to slow down on the super hero movies? When you see too many of them, the concept begins to get a little stale after a while.

Maybe if Fox & Sony would learn to alternate dates, and not have a Spider Man and a X-Men movie out in the same year. Next year we will just have the two Marvel studios films that summer - Avengers: Age Of Ultron and Ant-Man, plus Fox's Fantastic Four reboot.

Firefly218
**** fantastic four.

roughrider
Originally posted by Firefly218
**** fantastic four.

I'm almost inclined to agree, since it's failure would likely bring them into the Marvel Studios fold. But Hollywood seems to have a boner for Josh Trank as a director right now; he's already been named as a director of a Star Wars spinoff.

Inhuman
Even if Marvel would get back the Fantastic Four rights , it might be too late to introduce them into their movieiverse.
The real GEM(s) in getting the rights back lies in Silver Surfer and Galactus.

JayDaDon
If they get the fantastic four they could always use their characters and just play it off as if they had always been there like the Stephen Strange name drop.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Inhuman
Even if Marvel would get back the Fantastic Four rights , it might be too late to introduce them into their movieiverse.
The real GEM(s) in getting the rights back lies in Silver Surfer and Galactus. EXCUSE ME?!
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/400086-product-feature-740x448.jpg
We must have words....

Inhuman
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
EXCUSE ME?!
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/400086-product-feature-740x448.jpg
We must have words....

yeah. sorry. i remember I wanted to edit my post but the 15 minutes were up.

DOOM is always an asset to have.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Inhuman
yeah. sorry. i remember I wanted to edit my post but the 15 minutes were up.

DOOM is always an asset to have. Doom accepts your groveling. http://www.herosandwich.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DoomSeaHorn3.jpg

Inhuman
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Doom accepts your groveling. http://www.herosandwich.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DoomSeaHorn3.jpg

lol thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.