Herochat Forums Not Accessible?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steph_86
I know that this thread might be off-topic, but, I was not sure where to post it.

In any case, I want to know if anyone knows if the Herochat and ICT forums are still operational, or what happened to them.

For some reason, I can no longer access them. As a matter of fact, they no longer show up when I do a Google search.

Insane Titan
Its been closed due to 3 superman fans (Jellyrobes,safado,abhilegend) having a meltdown

steph_86
Oh. That is unfortunate. Are they going to open them back?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Its been closed due to 3 superman fans (Jellyrobes,safado,abhilegend) having a meltdown

Details please.

*Goes to get Guacamole chips*

Badabing
Its been closed due to 3 superman fans (Jellyrobes,safado,abhilegend) having a meltdown They closed HC because of 3 people!? laughing out loud

I'd close the 3 people down. sneer

DarkSaint85
This abhi character sounds dangerous.

oldsmokey
The site has gone down from time to time but those were technical problems that I thought had been addressed. I'm not sure what's going on now. I've also noted Herochat doesn't even show up on searches.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This abhi character sounds dangerous.

This is why I banished him from The House of El forever!

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
They closed HC because of 3 people!? laughing out loud

We already have one of those individuals here...the other two don't have a home, so guess where they are coming? Prepare.

evil face

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
We already have one of those individuals here...the other two don't have a home, so guess where they are coming? Prepare.

evil face I may not even charge Pr my customary $3.50 for me to reaveal your full name to him. biscuits

DarkSaint85
You might need to include a pic.

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
LIES!

You don't have that kind of power!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by zopzop
LIES!

You don't have that kind of power!

I DO have the POWER!

Being the wise and just ruler that I am, I allowed KMC as a whole to vote on the matter.

The thread is there for all to see!

carver9
I may not even charge Pr my customary $3.50 for me to reaveal your full name to him. biscuits

laughing out loud

Silent Master

evil face

All 3 of them have accounts here, Jellyrobes goes by the name panthergod.

-Pr-
I DO have the POWER!

Being the wise and just ruler that I am, I allowed KMC as a whole to vote on the matter.

The thread is there for all to see!

You're still here? Who let you out of the Phantom Zone?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by -Pr-
You're still here? Who let you out of the Phantom Zone?

No Phantom Zone can hold me, boy!

Badabing
No Phantom Zone can hold me, boy!

Golgo13
Originally posted by Silent Master
All 3 of them have accounts here, Jellyrobes goes by the name panthergod.

Who is Safado?

-Pr-

thumb up

maxivitopowe
What did they do?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Golgo13
Who is Safado?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=123953

Golgo13
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=123953

Ahh, he's hardly an active poster her.

Thanks.

playa1258
That place has been shit for a while now.

safado
I'm safado. Herochat has always been full of flame wars but lately its a bit out of hand.

Threads are

Safado -"so I think that that.."
Poster whoever- Shut the **** up you're a retard!"

I'll post here and on herochat as well. Two different dynnamics. Herochat is having server issues . The owner of thr site rebuilt it (he's an excellent coder) and the data center that hosts the site is having an issue. I think that it will be back up, there have been plenty of crashes and members are donating money to make life easier for the owner. I just hope it doesn't take too long

In the meanwhile I'd like to be a part of this community as well. Seems like a nice group. Whenever I post on HC, it'll be all the awful , horrible things the internet has. here, I'll go for civilized discussion. Looing forward to it

cdtm

Yeah, shutting down the forums over a meltdown is a little extreme. That might be even worse then CBR's over-reactive mass banning's.

playa1258
I understand trolling is apart of any internet message board, but the trolling over there is ridiculous. Posters always flaming, always talking about "Trannys" and in general there is a pack mentality. Oh and they hate Superman/Batman and DC in general. So if you are a DC fan be prepared to be flamed and trolled everytime you make a post.

playa1258
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, shutting down the forums over a meltdown is a little extreme. That might be even worse then CBR's over-reactive mass banning's.
Well at least on herochat you can debate and not be banned for trying to support whoever you are debating for. Try that shit at CBR and you will be gone.

Golgo13
Originally posted by playa1258
I understand trolling is apart of any internet message board, but the trolling over there is ridiculous. Posters always flaming, always talking about "Trannys" and in general there is a pack mentality. Oh and they hate Superman/Batman and DC in general. So if you are a DC fan be prepared to be flamed and trolled everytime you make a post.

Do you post there? What is your handle?

Badabing
Yeah, shutting down the forums over a meltdown is a little extreme. That might be even worse then CBR's over-reactive mass banning's. Originally posted by playa1258
Well at least on herochat you can debate and not be banned for trying to support whoever you are debating for. Try that shit at CBR and you will be gone. CBR bans people for supporting certain characters?

cdtm
Well at least on herochat you can debate and not be banned for trying to support whoever you are debating for. Try that shit at CBR and you will be gone.

Been there and done that. CBR banned so many people, a bunch of them got together and formed their own board.

Flyattractor

WOW! Herochat still had 3 people posting on it!?

I did love the troll zoo tho.

Ahh good times good times.

playa1258
CBR bans people for supporting certain characters?

Try supporting Superman in a Superman vs Gladiator debate and see how quickly you are banned.

playa1258
Originally posted by Golgo13
Do you post there? What is your handle?

I just lurk, no account. Never made one because I don't like the way they do things over there.

cdtm

Whatever their reasons, it's not over flame wars or any major meltdowns.. More often, it's over trivial petty stuff.

Back when I was there, they had a few guys who reported people over every little thing.. Anything from minor infractions of the rules to forgetting details of a comic (And framing it as the accused being liars).

On a board of CBR exiles I visit, people got banned for something as simple as arguing against a mod.. Really, anything could set them off. Making a weak argument or an unpopular argument could do it.

They did ban a LOT of people, and believe me when I say nobody was flaming anybody, and most of the banned were far from stupid or disruptive..

Flyattractor

They did ban a LOT of people, and believe me when I say nobody was flaming anybody, and most of the banned were far from stupid or disruptive..

laughing

Ohh that hurt...but hurt good.

Epicurus

evil face
I believe Jellyrobes goes by the moniker of panthergod around these parts.

Epicurus
Nope, just for arguing with a poster called Pendaran(he seems to have mod protection on that site).

Epicurus
Originally posted by safado
I'm safado. Herochat has always been full of flame wars but lately its a bit out of hand.

Threads are

Safado -"so I think that that.."
Poster whoever- Shut the **** up you're a retard!"

I'll post here and on herochat as well. Two different dynnamics. Herochat is having server issues . The owner of thr site rebuilt it (he's an excellent coder) and the data center that hosts the site is having an issue. I think that it will be back up, there have been plenty of crashes and members are donating money to make life easier for the owner. I just hope it doesn't take too long

In the meanwhile I'd like to be a part of this community as well. Seems like a nice group. Whenever I post on HC, it'll be all the awful , horrible things the internet has. here, I'll go for civilized discussion. Looing forward to it
Well, Gail Simone used to post on Herochat, so it can't be that bad.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Epicurus
Nope, just for arguing with a poster called Pendaran(he seems to have mod protection on that site).

Ugh; I hate favouritism.

At least Bada and I have the good grace to hate you all equally.

DarkSaint85
Ugh; I hate favouritism.

It's mutual.

-Pr-
Best way to be. thumb up

80sBaby
I was wondering what happened.

And safado gets called a retard and told to shut up because his posts are retarded. And he has a persecution complex.

Can't have thin skin and post there.

Insane Titan
Ugh; I hate favouritism.

At least Bada and I have the good grace to hate you all equally. lmao

Beorndebeer
We don't hate DC or Superman over at Herochat. It's just the retarded posts by Jellyrobes and Safado we hate. Basically they think superman can take on anyone and has powers nobody ever has mentioned or seen before. Biggest superman fanboys i've ever seen. Fangirl is worse though

-Pr-
You guys still have Fangirl?

LordofBrooklyn
Ugh; I hate favouritism.

The House of El hates you and the scalebag, Bada, as well.

-Pr-
Please, you're the guy who can't even get in the club. We have Abhi outside with the earpiece and the list, and you're not getting in.

LordofBrooklyn
Please, you're the guy who can't even get in the club. We have Abhi outside with the earpiece and the list, and you're not getting in.

You are a heretic who has strayed far away from the path!

I have consolidated power by making Prof. T.C. MCabe and Rao Kal El my generals.

I have put the Thor Corps and Gammites in their place. I ran off the false King of the Thorites, Jake.

Remember, I had Abhi voted out by the people of KMC.

Be very, VERY, careful with your response!

celeyhyga17

I have consolidated power by making Prof. T.C. MCabe and Rao Kal El my generals.

I have put the Thor Corps and Gammites in their place. I ran off the false King of the Thorites, Jake.

LoB.... Always winning!

-Pr-

How does a week off sound?

Insane Titan
Hahaha owned

Epicurus
Originally posted by 80sBaby
I was wondering what happened.

And safado gets called a retard and told to shut up because his posts are retarded. And he has a persecution complex.

Can't have thin skin and post there.
laughing out loud I remember from my time as lurker there how almost all of you flocked upto Gail Simone when she posted on your forum for the first time. Even Strider tried to suck up to her.

That's what most of the ICT brigade are about; all bark and no bite.

celeyhyga17
But he's the perfect representative for the House of El.

He's the leader that your house deserves, but not the one you guys need.

Epicurus
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Technically speaking, the House of El neither needs nor deserves someone like LoB.

80sBaby
laughing out loud I remember from my time as lurker there how almost all of you flocked upto Gail Simone when she posted on your forum for the first time. Even Strider tried to suck up to her.

That's what most of the ICT brigade are about; all bark and no bite.

I wasn't there for that so can't really comment.

Not sure what your last sentence means. It's a message board so what 'bite' could there be?

DarkSaint85
I wonder if one of us is a famous author/illustrator?

Imagine if carver was actually Pak.

LordofBrooklyn

It sounds like you're frightened.

Just in case...

HOUSE OF EL, AVENGE ME!!!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

I presume that PR altered your original post and added that second sentence.

Right?

RIGHT? mad mad

-Pr-
Time to assume direct control, methinks.

Badabing
Try supporting Superman in a Superman vs Gladiator debate and see how quickly you are banned. Originally posted by cdtm
Whatever their reasons, it's not over flame wars or any major meltdowns.. More often, it's over trivial petty stuff.

Back when I was there, they had a few guys who reported people over every little thing.. Anything from minor infractions of the rules to forgetting details of a comic (And framing it as the accused being liars).

On a board of CBR exiles I visit, people got banned for something as simple as arguing against a mod.. Really, anything could set them off. Making a weak argument or an unpopular argument could do it.

They did ban a LOT of people, and believe me when I say nobody was flaming anybody, and most of the banned were far from stupid or disruptive.. Cripes, I couldn't imagine perm banning people outright like CBR. I think the biggest problems here is off topic nonsense, fanboy induced rage/trolling and perpetual vendettas. Originally posted by -Pr-
Ugh; I hate favouritism.

At least Bada and I have the good grace to hate you all equally. laughing out loudOriginally posted by Beorndebeer
We don't hate DC or Superman over at Herochat. It's just the retarded posts by Jellyrobes and Safado we hate. Basically they think superman can take on anyone and has powers nobody ever has mentioned or seen before. Biggest superman fanboys i've ever seen. Fangirl is worse though Fangirl...my deepest condolences. stick out tongueOriginally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The House of El hates you and the scalebag, Bada, as well. Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Be very, VERY, careful with your response! So angry...

LordofBrooklyn
Time to assume direct control, methinks.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/comic-covers/Post-Crisis-Covers/Superman-1988/sup022s.jpg

BlueFnord

Confirmed . It got ridiculous over there many many years ago.

playa1258
Originally posted by BlueFnord
Confirmed . It got ridiculous over there many many years ago.

I was a victim of arguing with that prick.

Digi

I guess there are perks to having an absentee admin.

cdtm
Same here. He's been getting people banned since 2005, at least.

Another good poster back in the day, Mr. X, was practically his biggest fan. He's smart and knowledgeable, so I could see why.. But as soon as Mr. X found himself on opposite sides of a debate with him, he got a single detail wrong and Pendy started calling him liar, straight out. Of course, Mr. X chewed him out right then and there, and left the conversation, but in my book, an unprovoked attack on another poster should at least have gotten a warning..

But he got nothing. It's like the mods were crooked refs in a wrestling match, only seeing when the good guy breaks the rules and not the bad guy.

Not only that, but nearly the entire crew of 2005-2007 ended up banned. Except for him.

Kind of makes you wonder if he's really posting under two different accounts, and secretly a mod himself..

playa1258
I actually made a troll account and told him off. The cat is out of the bag with him. People should not be banned for having a different opinion in a debate.

Of course I made that account after I was banned the first time.

Badabing
I actually made a troll account and told him off. The cat is out of the bag with him. People should not be banned for having a different opinion in a debate.

Of course I made that account after I was banned the first time. You sock. Starting banning procedures...ban

playa1258
Nope. Only did it that one time over there to tell that prick off.

Badabing
You're a dirty, low down, smelly sock! sneer

oldsmokey
Yeah, Pendaran's the ****ing worst. And a posterboy for why the CBR Vs. board sucks.

Silent Master
They are a bit biased towards certain characters over there, take labeling things PIS for example, if it's a character they like it would only take a couple of examples before they say it's consistent with the characters history and thus not PIS.

However if they don't like the character, even a couple dozen examples wouldn't be enough to prove that it's not PIS.

cdtm
They are a bit biased towards certain characters over there, take labeling things PIS for example, if it's a character they like it would only take a couple of examples before they say it's consistent with the characters history and thus not PIS.

However if they don't like the character, even a couple dozen examples wouldn't be enough to prove that it's not PIS.

Heh, this is true.

Lobo's a good example.. Pendaran liked him about as much as he liked Superman (Not at all).

Tanked Despero's punches? Doesn't count, because MM got taken out in one hit, so underwriting MM disqualifies the feat.

Argue he shrugged off attacks from an amped Superman? Nope, Lobo spit out a tooth, so the fact he was having an internal monologue while in the middle of being knocked into orbit isn't impressive.

But of course, Eclipsed Superman into unconsciousness is normal. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But try arguing that Gladiator doesn't blitz the hell out of anyone he comes across because of a few 100c light speed feats, or KO's Superman in one punch due to breaking a world, and you're a troll and fanboy who doesn't know what he's talking about.

oldsmokey
CBR is the birthplace of Batgirl vs. 10,000 Orcs. 'Nuff said.

Silent Master
Yea...I remember at least one poster arguing that she'd kill at least 1,000 per day.

playa1258
I think Gladiator last I checked could solo the JL and Avengers at the same time. CBR is one of the worst forums I have ever had the displeasure of being on.

Epicurus
The only thing which herochat and CBR have over KMC is that comic book writers have posted on those forums, while KMC hasn't ever seen a writer around these parts.

Apart from that, the KMC community is considerably better than either board imo.

safado
This board seems reasonable.

IMO just starting a conversation by calling someone retarded says a lot. Not anything good incidentally. herochat isn't really about debate. It's a very clliqueish place where a lot of great people and personalities hang out -I'm thinking I'm going to post here and ther when its back up.

It is sadly, someplace where there is a very serious pack mentality issue, a tendency to single people out and hound them to death and there are a lot of people who just get off on negative attention.

In my own case. In certain forums (mostly debate) Anything I post will be followed by someone calling me retarded, and everyone else feeling excluded if the don't do the same.

It got to the point that I could say pretty much anything - and I'd get trolled for pages and followed from forum to frum until I'd tell someone to eff off and then the whole pack would froth at the mouth that I was having a meltdown.

Still, there are a lot of good people there and as I explained to a friend of mine who posts there, , I started posting as a pre teen on Wizard World so it's like a dysfunctional family

I guess I can have my reasonable conversations here and when HC is back up, the madhouse stuff.

Nice to meet everyone. The only thing they have right is that I'm a huge Superman fan but I just preface that with "don't bother asking my answer is Superman wins" and leave it at that :-)

Golgo13
BLT, Sick Nick, and Superman Prime are cool guys. Same to you Safado, so i hope you stay.

Rage.Of.Olympus
LOL. Yeah okay there.

Safado deserves every bit of ridicule.

Don't fall for it. He's the brucey of herochat.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
LOL. Yeah okay there.

Don't fall for it. He's the brucey of herochat.

Safado was an amateur.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
LOL. Yeah okay there.

Don't fall for it. He's the brucey of herochat. believe it or not that is a Insult to Brucie

cdtm
I think Gladiator last I checked could solo the JL and Avengers at the same time. CBR is one of the worst forums I have ever had the displeasure of being on.

And Nefaria.

They actually compared him to pre crisis Superman and Sentry. I mean, making Thor struggle is impressive and all, but PC Supes impressive?

As if guys like Lobo, Black Adam, or Doomsday don't have comparable team buster showings? And no one compares them to PC Supes.

Plus, Nefaria lost that fight. KO by diamond density Vision. Wonder Woman or any speedy brick could just charge him from orbit a half dozen times to similar effect.

Not to say Nefaria isn't a top end brick, sure. Just nowhere near Pre Crisis Supes or even Sentry level.

pym-ftw
Do you mean Void?

cdtm
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Do you mean Void?

They didn't really make that distinction, treating Void like an extension of Sentry's power.

But even base Sentry walked through Terrax's attack like it was a super soaker. Can't see Nefaria doing that.

Branlor Swift
I don't get why Superman acquires the most insane fans. Gundam's plight has nothing on Paul's IMO.

OnslaughtKILLS
Don't feel like reading 5 pages of banter and back and forth to find out what happened.

Any updates on what happened? Is it permanently closed? Thank you!

-Pr-
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I don't get why Superman acquires the most insane fans. Gundam's plight has nothing on Paul's IMO.

sad

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS
Don't feel like reading 5 pages of banter and back and forth to find out what happened.

Any updates on what happened? Is it permanently closed? Thank you! You'll find the answer in your heart

Rao Kal El

There are no pacts between Gods and men.

panthergod
Originally posted by Beorndebeer
We don't hate DC or Superman over at Herochat. It's just the retarded posts by Jellyrobes and Safado we hate. Basically they think superman can take on anyone and has powers nobody ever has mentioned or seen before. Biggest superman fanboys i've ever seen. Fangirl is worse though

lol, who are you, kid? I never cared about the opinions of people like you, who don't read Superman comics. I do, and my opinions about the character echo the comics and pretty much always have....period.

DarkSaint85
Uhoh.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by panthergod
lol, who are you, kid? I never cared about the opinions of people like you, who don't read Superman comics. I do, and my opinions about the character echo the comics and pretty much always have....period. your superman doesn't even exist

panthergod
your superman doesn't even exist

He tears Thanos apart, that's for sure. Fact.

Insane Titan
He tears Thanos apart, that's for sure. Fact. haha , he had the hardest fight of his life against Thor , which is Supermans own words.

Fact

-Pr-
lol, who are you, kid? I never cared about the opinions of people like you, who don't read Superman comics. I do, and my opinions about the character echo the comics and pretty much always have....period.

Opinions like... What?

80sBaby
Opinions like... What?

You have no clue what you've just unleashed!!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
There are no pacts between Gods and men.

Despite that fact I graced you with the opportunity of leadership in the House of El.

Remember what happened to ,Abhi!

Watch yourself!

-Pr-

I'm a masochist like that.

Rao Kal El
Despite that fact I graced you with the opportunity of leadership in the House of El.

Remember what happened to ,Abhi!

Watch yourself!

Lol, Gods are above petty struggles of power between men and nations. big grin

safado
Thanks for the kind words. I'll be around. When herochat comes back online I'll post on both boards. I'm a chill guy but on herochat I'm forced to argue and people are like wives, they'll remember an argument you had 7 years ago and bring up the friggin details.

This place seems chill and will understand my priesthood in the house and church (synagogue I'm an israeli Jew living in Brazil) with the tongue-in-cheek nature it desrves, even though I truly believe that Superman would beat Thanos in a fight. I just don't argue for 30 pages about it :-)

safado
BTW Golgo13, do you post on herochat as well?

Flyattractor
Awww it looks like HC is still down...*does a google*

Hey! Spinsulin is still gone too.

Awwwwwwwww!

StiltmanFTW
Only the strongest will survive.

Golgo13
BTW Golgo13, do you post on herochat as well?

I used to. I remember your political/economy debates when the US was in a deep recession.

oldsmokey
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Awww it looks like HC is still down...

But the fire burns forever.

juggernaut74
Why is this thread not closed? Nobody gives a sh!t about Herochat.

safado
Thanks Golgo

Heres the difference. Hoc has been together in one incarnation or another for over 15 years. Sp insulin was the mastermind of two or so posters who wanted to create an Internet flame room to put it generously

The owner of hc receives donations from members and is a top level coder. I've noticed when the site goes down he takes some time and recoded it. I'm prett sure it will be back, I'll check Facebook tonight.

IMHO more forums with different types of posters are a good thing. Every community has its good points and a sub culture that's becoming mainstream needs places for people to exchange ideas. Hc is pretty vicious, but there are a lot of very smart guys if you can get past the trolls and animal farm conformity of said trolls.

I'll try to keep people updated if anyone cares

BruceSkywalker
never heard of herochat lmao

Flyattractor
Originally posted by oldsmokey
But the fire burns forever. They make ointments for that nowadays.

-Pr-
Thanks Golgo

Heres the difference. Hoc has been together in one incarnation or another for over 15 years. Sp insulin was the mastermind of two or so posters who wanted to create an Internet flame room to put it generously

The owner of hc receives donations from members and is a top level coder. I've noticed when the site goes down he takes some time and recoded it. I'm prett sure it will be back, I'll check Facebook tonight.

IMHO more forums with different types of posters are a good thing. Every community has its good points and a sub culture that's becoming mainstream needs places for people to exchange ideas. Hc is pretty vicious, but there are a lot of very smart guys if you can get past the trolls and animal farm conformity of said trolls.

I'll try to keep people updated if anyone cares

One thing I really liked about Herochat was that they had some really good Respect Threads. That Post-Crisis Superman one was one of the best I've ever seen.

safado
It's coming back online, I messaged the owner

Golgo13
I don't think any regulars here actually post there. Maybe Abighal or whatever, but this board is so much better, anyway.

Insane Titan
Nah herochats actual debating format is far better than KMC's

playa1258
Yeah if you like the moronic trolling.

Insane Titan
And people don't moronic troll here lol.
I'm talking about how comics actually work and not CBR like highest feat wins

playa1258
I agree with you on that.

Golgo13
Do any of the old posters still post there? Like KK, Xeres, Prime, etc...

Silent Master
Yeah if you like the moronic trolling.

quan posts here too.

safado
Everyone is still there, the board just needs fixing. The real actual cool part of the board is that it's like your favorite neighborhood dive bar. You know it ain't the best beer, but it's your local shithole

Anyhow like I said it would be nice to enjoy the best of both boards. This board simply has more people, topics, seems civilized, and smart cool people

Hc has more lunatics (afaik) but is a fun ride. I'm pestering the board owner at present for updates and enjoying the use of the word *** 500 x in a 4 paragraph response

Flyattractor
I haven't been a regular poster there since I got perma banned. But man what a fun ride that was!

oldsmokey
I haven't been a regular poster there since I got perma banned. But man what a fun ride that was!

What the hell did you do to get banned from Herochat - torch an orphanage? That place is very lax with the ban hammer as far as comic boards go, and that's putting it mildly.

Herochat is average for comic book discussion and reviews. There are a few great posters who do discuss comics - Astro and Lurker come to mind - but overall there's not a large group of people actively reading comics. Its General and Debate forums are what I miss.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by oldsmokey
What the hell did you do to get banned from Herochat - torch an orphanage? That place is very lax with the ban hammer as far as comic boards go, and that's putting it mildly.

What they will tell you is that it was because I created an Alt Identity. And that is AGIN DA LAW!!!!!

Funny thing is the ALT was the non-troll that everyone kinda liked.

But the real Me aka FLYATTRACTROR.....Hell I am practically He who shall not Be Named out loud.

#1 on the Ignore List and Most Hated amongst the Ruling Clique.

Haa Good times.

Badabing

What they will tell you is that it was because I created an Alt Identity. And that is AGIN DA LAW!!!!!

Funny thing is the ALT was the non-troll that everyone kinda liked.

But the real Me aka FLYATTRACTROR.....Hell I am practically He who shall not Be Named out loud.

#1 on the Ignore List and Most Hated amongst the Ruling Clique.

Haa Good times. I'm gonna ban you here too! You're nothing but a low down, stinky, moth eaten sock! sneer

safado
Now I'm curious, who is he who shall not be named. Of all the most reviled posters I can think of glutton, fan girl, maybe me? Who was your alt?

Astro and lurker are good debators but astro always struck me as a bit of a........good lord I don't want to be a prick...........a......beret wearing pretentious hipster who always liked an author or book because it was obscure and therefore cool. He's the guy who like a band as long as it has 7 fans and they're living in a van. As soon as it goes mainstream, it isn't eddy enough

H. Having said that I'm prejudiced by the fact that he's intelligent and arrogant, something that rubs methe wrong way and I suspect it's because he's a. A med student(though I know some very awesome med students doctors ahem)

In his case however I think it's his excuse to be cocky and I personally know he's done medical work abroad and came back a little holier than though. Once the board is up or over time I suspect he's going to settle down, he's a very very young guy and an over achiever and sooner or later, he's going to have to punch in at the office like everyone else. Doesn't matter what you do or how well you do it, it eventually becomes work and you have colleagues

Lurker has a razor sharp wit but is an instigator to the bone marrow.

What they both have in common that I think is hard to pull off is being articulate critics (not necessarily writers) and being on top of all the books out. I have no idea where they have the time to buy and read all those books and still have up and coming careers (at least astro does). I suspect lurker works in a science or energy based tech job that's somewhat dead end. Just a hunch due to his endless knowledge of petroleum output and how it colors his economic vision of every international relation or humanities subject

End rant

Time Immemorial

laughing

Flyattractor
Now I'm curious, who is he who shall not be named. Of all the most reviled posters I can think of glutton, fan girl, maybe me? Who was your alt?

Astro and lurker are good debators but astro always struck me as a bit of a........good lord I don't want to be a prick...........a......beret wearing pretentious hipster who always liked an author or book because it was obscure and therefore cool. He's the guy who like a band as long as it has 7 fans and they're living in a van. As soon as it goes mainstream, it isn't eddy enough

H. Having said that I'm prejudiced by the fact that he's intelligent and arrogant, something that rubs methe wrong way and I suspect it's because he's a. A med student(though I know some very awesome med students doctors ahem)

In his case however I think it's his excuse to be cocky and I personally know he's done medical work abroad and came back a little holier than though. Once the board is up or over time I suspect he's going to settle down, he's a very very young guy and an over achiever and sooner or later, he's going to have to punch in at the office like everyone else. Doesn't matter what you do or how well you do it, it eventually becomes work and you have colleagues

Lurker has a razor sharp wit but is an instigator to the bone marrow.

What they both have in common that I think is hard to pull off is being articulate critics (not necessarily writers) and being on top of all the books out. I have no idea where they have the time to buy and read all those books and still have up and coming careers (at least astro does). I suspect lurker works in a science or energy based tech job that's somewhat dead end. Just a hunch due to his endless knowledge of petroleum output and how it colors his economic vision of every international relation or humanities subject

End rant

You call that a "rant"?

ptthhhbbb I have blown my nose and gotten more out of it then that.

Flyattractor
I'm gonna ban you here too! You're nothing but a low down, stinky, moth eaten sock! sneer

I could make a joke here about "Holey Socks" but if your a HC Mod.....You won't get it.

safado
Happy Dance

On herochat that would have been followed up by 15 responses on why I make no sense and post never ending xara (Hebrew for shit)

It appears that people here are..............civilized?

Completely unexpected, was bracing for war :-)

Not bad indeed

Flyattractor
Happy Dance

On herochat that would have been followed up by 15 responses on why I make no sense and post never ending xara (Hebrew for shit)

It appears that people here are..............civilized?

Completely unexpected, was bracing for war :-)

Not bad indeed

Yes. That was one of the things that made the old HC if not the Interwebs of the old days.

It was Fun to be ....Naughty before the PC Nazis of the 21st Century ruined everything.

Welcome to the future....It has no balls.

safado
Let's grow some:-)

I put some fertilizer on mine

quanchi112
This happens to Herochat all the time. It will only grow more stagnant on the site.

safado
What happens?

Less flaming or the site going down?

IMO, the flaming went from fun to out of control psychosis, too far. Reign it in a bit and it has some bite or wit

As for the site I spoke to the owner and with luck a temp site will be up soon, the extenuating circumstances are tough

Debate here is fun btw

quanchi112
What happens?

Less flaming or the site going down?

IMO, the flaming went from fun to out of control psychosis, too far. Reign it in a bit and it has some bite or wit

As for the site I spoke to the owner and with luck a temp site will be up soon, the extenuating circumstances are tough

Debate here is fun btw Calm down.

safado
Leaving the versus forum aside, I've come to spend more time on movie and debate type forums. It's one of my few distractions in a currently difficult situation

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I wonder if one of us is a famous author/illustrator?

Imagine if carver was actually Pak.
he isn't, seriously

HulkIsHulk
Unleash the shadow!
On a more serious note, how many boards are you in? You're on comicvine, you're on herochat, and now you're on killermovies. Anywhere else?

quanchi112
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Unleash the shadow!
On a more serious note, how many boards are you in? You're on comicvine, you're on herochat, and now you're on killermovies. Anywhere else? Kmc is the best.

katsumoto
Any word on Herochat coming back safado? Is there a backup board or anything?

Silent Guardian
lol so HC finally bit the dust. Went searching for it just now (for the first time in years) hoping to find some scans.

Well you knew this was coming sooner or later the way that site was.

Silent Master
Actually according to their facebook page, it should be back up within a couple of days.

Supermex
Originally posted by quanchi112
Kmc is the best.

I agree..

Wtf!! Happened to CBR!!
I recently took a visit to that place and looks quieter and darker than a nuns Vegggg

safado
Hello y'all

I've made one similar post to tis today but after about 4 months of hard work I just wanted to let any ex-posters, board lurkers and anyone interested in dropping by herochat that I have the site back up and running, have a permanent programmer on board and we're slowly but surely (failry quickly actually) getting back up to speed

I haven't been that active a poster here but I've really enjoyed the level of conversation over here and I'd be thrilled if anyone who was a card-carrying KMC'r wouldn't mind dropping by and taking part in the conversation.

I know herochat's reputation, there is a lot of insane flaming et al but we also have a wave of posters who are debating in the more eclectic non-comic forums and its more civilized there by a country mile

Hell, even the comic forums are vastly improved and less troll-ish.

So my offical offer is - please drop by. I'd like to make it clear that I am NOT asking anyone to drop this board. I'm more interested in having more posters come on by and add to the conersation. Plenty of iteresting discussion here

So please stp by, I'm making sure its a chill place and really hope to see you guys dropping by and chatting

Safado

Branlor Swift
No.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Supermex
I agree..

Wtf!! Happened to CBR!!
I recently took a visit to that place and looks quieter and darker than a nuns Vegggg Cbr posters have always been weak. Mods actually were stupid enough to enforce their opinions on matchups and prohibit opinions. The versus was destined to fail and has as you have said drastically crashed and burned.

Ps. Pendaran has always been a buffoon.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
No.

playa1258
Originally posted by quanchi112
Cbr posters have always been weak. Mods actually were stupid enough to enforce their opinions on matchups and prohibit opinions. The versus was destined to fail and has as you have said drastically crashed and burned.

Ps. Pendaran has always been a buffoon.

You pretty much hit it all. That site is dying more every year, at least rumbles is.

quanchi112
You pretty much hit it all. That site is dying more every year, at least rumbles is. I even see some of cbr's weaker posters coming over here. They helped destroy their awful versus site.

psycho gundam
^ Mad props if you had a hand in the destruction of that forum

Flyattractor
But its back now so all the Nazi Pedophiliac's have a place to call home again.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>