Cyclops vs guns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Scott stares directly into the barrel of a gun half a mile away.

The bullet makes half the trip before hitting the beam.

All guns are made magically accurate to the range

What happens.

Vs small handgun
Vs Magnum
Vs shotgun (spread)
Vs Shotgun (slug)
Vs sniper rifle
Vs full auto machine gun (50 cal)100 round belt
Vs 155 howizer

How far does slim get?

Sixth_Winged
Ill take the beam against any head-on collision with a rl bullet.

pym-ftw
What about vs the artillery round?

JabberWaki
I think that optic blast would vaporize any of the ammo here.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by JabberWaki
I think that optic blast would vaporize any of the ammo here. Isn't it a "Force" beam not a "Heat" beam?
And if its "rl" rules then "rl physics" would get Cykes necked snapped.

rotiart
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Isn't it a "Force" beam not a "Heat" beam?

As far as I know the energy doesn't necessarily push cyclops back because the come out of some sort of dimensional aperture in/near his eyes. Basically it isn't like he is pushing force out but controlling how wide/narrow that aperture is.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Isn't it a "Force" beam not a "Heat" beam?

Cyclops is immune to his own energy. It can hit him and nothing will happen, because of said immunity. It's a bit of silliness even when considering the whole physics thing, but you have to remember that Cyclops, most likely, is being hit by his own beams every minute of every day when his eyes are open.

Originally posted by rotiart
As far as I know the energy doesn't necessarily push cyclops back because the come out of some sort of dimensional aperture in/near his eyes. Basically it isn't like he is pushing force out but controlling how wide/narrow that aperture is.

Yep. His eyes are just the portal. The energy doesn't come from him, though he can absorb it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.