Magneto vs Thor w/Twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Magento + Warblade (Hybrid)

vs

Thor

Just how powerful, or how dangerous would Magneto be if he gained Warblades "Bio-Morphic Liquid Metal" abilities? Would he give Thor a competitive battle, or would the match end in a decisive manner?

Stoic
Originally posted by "Id"
Magento + Warblade (Hybrid)

vs

Thor

Just how powerful, or how dangerous would Magneto be if he gained Warblades "Bio-Morphic Liquid Metal" abilities? Would he give Thor a competitive battle, or would the match end in a decisive manner?

He could kill Thor if he decided to shove his liquid metal hand up his nose and eviscerate his brain I'm thinking, or Thor could go into his vortex spin, and scatter him across the cosmos upon impact. You choose the scenario.

carver9
Magneto without the amp could beat Thor (the guy can control Mjlonir), with the amp it's a near wash. Magneto has taken on Thor PLUS the Avengers and done well.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Magneto without the amp could beat Thor (the guy can control Mjlonir), with the amp it's a near wash. Magneto has taken on Thor PLUS the Avengers and done well.

If Thor fights stupid you are correct, but if Thor does not throw the hammer which would set up for the gnashing of teeth effect that you're talking about, there are a few ways to kick Magneto's butt. Magneto would never be able to withstand Thor's vortex spin coming right for him. It's a shame he doesn't use that move more often. Anti Force blasts, God blasts, killer electrical storms. It really depends on how they fight.

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
If Thor fights stupid you are correct, but if Thor does not throw the hammer which would set up for the gnashing of teeth effect that you're talking about, there are a few ways to kick Magneto's butt. Magneto would never be able to withstand Thor's vortex spin coming right for him. It's a shame he doesn't use that move more often. Anti Force blasts, God blasts, killer electrical storms. It really depends on how they fight.

How is Thor bypassing Mags shield?

Stoic

Do you really think that a God Blast wouldn't cut through it? How about Thor soaking up Magneto's own magnetic energies with Mjolnir, and hitting him with it combined with the hammers own charge? Hyper wind storms, and brutal planet dusting arcs of lightning could also be combined while he hits the shield. Do you suspect that this may be enough?

carver9
Do you really think that a God Blast wouldn't cut through it? How about Thor soaking up Magneto's own magnetic energies with Mjolnir, and hitting him with it combined with the hammers own charge? Hyper wind storms, and brutal planet dusting arcs of lightning could also be combined while he hits the shield. Do you suspect that this may be enough?

God blast takes time that he doesn't have. The rest of the stuff you said, do you honestly see Thor fighting like that?

eaebiakuya
He can absorv Magneto shield.

Stoic
God blast takes time that he doesn't have. The rest of the stuff you said, do you honestly see Thor fighting like that?

Against an energetic character? Yes I do. beta Ray Bill used similar tactics against Stardust, so I don't see why Thor wouldn't employ the same methods. Thor isn't really a brick, and never has to resort solely to tank like tactics.

eaebiakuya
Unless when he is fighting against Hulk...

carver9
Against an energetic character? Yes I do. beta Ray Bill used similar tactics against Stardust, so I don't see why Thor wouldn't employ the same methods. Thor isn't really a brick, and never has to resort solely to tank like tactics.

He already fought against Mags and didn't do any of the stuff you said. Also...Bill physically fought Stardust. He didn't blast at Stardust once in that fight. I can post it if you want.

carver9
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Unless when he is fighting against Hulk...

Thor has used rain, hail, tornados and lightning against Hulk. When fighting Hulk...your best source is to drop him with physical attacks.

Stoic
He already fought against Mags and didn't do any of the stuff you said. Also...Bill physically fought Stardust. He didn't blast at Stardust once in that fight. I can post it if you want.

I have the entire fight. I'm talking about Bill using the hammer as an equalizer. Who says that Thor wouldn't fight Magneto like that? Magneto isn't really the slugger, so Thor would have to change tactics. If he didn't this would obviously be hard for him to win.

Sin I AM
Thor. Magneto is just beneath him.

eaebiakuya
No, the best tatic against Hulk is attack from distance, using ranged attacks...or just BFR him (like he did against a amped version). And you are right, i forgot he alredy KOed Hulk with a single thunderbolt. But in most of their fights he dont any strategy.

They fighted few times. And in one of those times he Absorved Magneto shield.

Also, im really curious to see how you imagine Magneto fighting against Thor if you only consider what they did in past fights... Magneto dont used much powers against Thor.

carver9
I have the entire fight. I'm talking about Bill using the hammer as an equalizer. Who says that Thor wouldn't fight Magneto like that? Magneto isn't really the slugger, so Thor would have to change tactics. If he didn't this would obviously be hard for him to win.

Bill slug it out during his fight with Stardust. If Thor fought like that he isn't winning.

Thor has fought Mags more than once and and never fought like that. Also...again how is Thor breaking through Mags shield?

maxivitopowe
Mags has shown the potential to amp himself though

Stoic
Bill slug it out during his fight with Stardust. If Thor fought like that he isn't winning.

Thor has fought Mags more than once and and never fought like that. Also...again how is Thor breaking through Mags shield?

He can absorb Magneto's electromagnetic energies, and hit his shield with it, while Mjolnir is charged. Does Thor fight like this? Yes if he has to. Do you think he's going to punch at his shield, or use exotics against it?

carver9
No, the best tatic against Hulk is attack from distance, using ranged attacks...or just BFR him (like he did against a amped version). And you are right, i forgot he alredy KOed Hulk with a single thunderbolt. But in most of their fights he dont any strategy.

They fighted few times. And in one of those times he Absorved Magneto shield.

Also, im really curious to see how you imagine Magneto fighting against Thor if you only consider what they did in past fights... Magneto dont used much powers against Thor.

Hulk isn't the same Hulk you remember from 30+ yrs ago...He has been upgraded. Energy based attacks doesn't do anything but make him even more madder than what he was.

Lol...Thor absorbed a weaker Magneto. Magneto has been upgraded since then.

Magneto controlled Thor hammer during their fights...why wouldn't he do it in this fight?

carver9
He can absorb Magneto's electromagnetic energies, and hit his shield with it, while Mjolnir is charged. Does Thor fight like this? Yes if he has to. Do you think he's going to punch at his shield, or use exotics against it?

And what is Magneto doing while Thor is trying to absorb his shields. If you were Mags what would you do if Thor was attempting to absorb your shields.

Stoic
And what is Magneto doing while Thor is trying to absorb his shields. If you were Mags what would you do if Thor was attempting to absorb your shields.

Trying to keep him from absorbing them. What is he going to do? Fact is that Magneto is a force to be reckoned with. He went toe to toe with Shaw in a junk yard, but this is Thor that we're talking about. What do you believe that Magneto would be able to do while Mjolnir gobbles up his magnetics? BTW I was watching America's Got Talent, and this Kung Fu Master let Nick Cannon kick him in the seeds 4 times. I couldn't stop laughing.

eaebiakuya
First carver say: Thor did that in the past battle? If not you cant use.

Now he says: If you were Magneto, what you would do ?

We should to stick to exatly happened in the comic or we should imagine what we would do in a battle ? Or we have one standart to Thor and another to Magneto ?

Stoic
First carver say: Thor did that in the past battle? If not you cant use.

Now he says: If you were Magneto, what you would do ?

We should to stick to exatly happened in the comic or we should imagine what we would do in a battle ? Or we have one standart to Thor and another to Magneto ?

Well the fact is that Thor can absorb electromagnetic energies as he did when he tore a hole into a Celestial's armor. So yes he does actually do these things when he needs to. Is he going to fight Magneto the way that he would fight Orion, Hulk, Firelord, the Silver Surfer? Of course not due to the differences in power set. What does Magneto do when Thor begins gobbling up his power? Where would he get more power from to do anything while his power is being drained every time he tries something? The fact is that Thor has absorbed energy in the past several times to warrant me saying that he would do so again if he fought Magneto.

Damborgson

Show me a single instance of Magneto doing anything with Mjolnir other than deflecting it.

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson
Show me a single instance of Magneto doing anything with Mjolnir other than deflecting it.

I believe that he stuck it to the ground unless my memory is fading. That's an old comic. However Thor was fighting like he had no idea of his other powers.

Sin I AM

He's never done anything to it. He's thinking of UMags and UThor

Damborgson
Originally posted by Sin I AM
He's never done anything to it. He's thinking of UMags and UThor

Thought so. thumb up Ultimate mags and Thor are whole different animals.

Damborgson
I believe that he stuck it to the ground unless my memory is fading. That's an old comic. However Thor was fighting like he had no idea of his other powers.

Yeah that'd be whatever even if it did happen. Mags isn't overpowering Thor's call to Mjolnir.

maxivitopowe
The problem with absorption is that the energies are not wholly Mags own.
So even if Thor drains the shield all he's doing is draining focused ambient energy

carver9
Thought so. thumb up Ultimate mags and Thor are whole different animals.

Not talking about Ultimate Mags...I'm talking about his fight against the Avengers when he redirected/controlled Mjlonir.

carver9
Tiresome educating people.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/1127051-magneto87_zpsb4097562.jpg.html

Thor even states he is controlling Mjlonir and this isn't the only time this has happened either. Sin...just stop. You already know what I am thinking about you vs comics.

Khazra Reborn
If Thor is serious, Magneto is hardly even a viable threat, even with this amp.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Nothing.

Magneto would not be able to do anything but flail about helpless as he is completely drained of energy in a moment or two.

Hulk isn't the same Hulk you remember from 30+ yrs ago...He has been upgraded. Energy based attacks doesn't do anything but make him even more madder than what he was.

Lol...Thor absorbed a weaker Magneto. Magneto has been upgraded since then.

Magneto controlled Thor hammer during their fights...why wouldn't he do it in this fight?

laughing out loud

So what if Magneto was upgraded?

What does that change? Are you suggesting that he's energy projection or manipulation capabilities are anywhere even near Mjolnir?

I hope you are. That would be fun.

Khazra Reborn
How has Magneto been upgraded? Last I read in Uncanny he was nearly powerless.

Rage.Of.Olympus

This is a hilarious misrepresentation of facts.

The first "fight" was Magneto bursting into a room and flinging the Avengers to no effect:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/59221/2031015-486287_magneto87.jpg

The second "fight" with Thor had the Odinson striking his force field once:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/59221/2031047-1127050_magfiresstonesshield7jj.jpg

How you can use that to justify him stalemating Thor in a real fight, much less beating him, is beyond me.

A number of ways.

He could literally just tear it to pieces with powerful enough attacks (Lightning, hammer attacks etc.).

Heck, Mjolnir could just straight up ignore the force field as if it wasn't there:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir167-StrikingPowerAnnual2.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

He was depowered but I think he's referring to Magneto getting a bigger push in the 80's compared to the 60's.

carver9
Yep...I am. Rage...it's late here where I am at so I will respond to your post tomorrow.

carver9
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

During one of those instances, Magneto wasn't complete and he still held his own. Then we have to consider the increase in power he received over the yrs as well.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Magneto

Epicurus
He could kill Thor if he decided to shove his liquid metal hand up his nose and eviscerate his brain
Ragnorak's skin was so hard that beta adamantium couldn't penetrate it. His hf also presented unique problems in putting bionic implants into his body. And Ragnorak is a literal, second-rate Thor clone.

Thor has continued to fight on without a liver, was able to stalemate the Silver Surfer despite suffering a fatal wound in the World Tree, and has feats of toughness and damage soak which would put the average high herald to shame.

As ever, you don't have the first clue what you're talking about here. Originally posted by Stoic
I'm thinking
Thinking clearly isn't you strong suite, so you should avoid doing it.

Damborgson
Tiresome educating people.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/1127051-magneto87_zpsb4097562.jpg.html

Thor even states he is controlling Mjlonir and this isn't the only time this has happened either. Sin...just stop. You already know what I am thinking about you vs comics.

Misinterpreting and misleading erm That is a plain as day deflection. Just like I said. You make it sound like he controlled it and started hitting Thor with it or something.

Xplosive
Thor is more powerful and if serious, he would end Magneto... although Magneto is a worthy opponent.

Existere
"Not even Mjolnir is immune to his mutant power!"

"Likewise my armor and Cap's shield!"

Pretty clearly he's controlling the respective Avengers' metal, including Mjolnir. I think the comic is outdated and both characters (Thor and Mags) have changed pretty drastically, but it's silly to argue about what's clearly on panel.

Damborgson
Affecting it, sure. But that doesn't fall under "control" to me. If he were to say, levitate it, then shoot it back, sure. But he's just like bouncing it back. That just doesn't feel like a strict "control" is all.

Sin I AM
Wasn't this theory debunked in the forum myth thread? Magneto doesn't have the power to wrest control of mjolnir from Thor and the hammer has shown to go thru his shield. Thor is simply above Eriks paygrade there is no shame in that. Unless your greater than Odin your not overcoming that enchantment. All examples to the contrary are either outdated or circumstantial.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.