Teleportation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDeadpool
Since recently some scientists could teleport (I don't know if it's a verb or not but I use it) a qubit , it will open the gate for larger scales of information , in physics all of us can be described by bits of information and in theory we can copy those information and past them on the other bits of information (aka teleportation) but it will delete the original information ! now we are a step closer, but as a scientist it's just an action for me however it leaves a philosophical question for you guys that when we (people) got teleported , are we still the same person or not? what do you think? (Sorry for the bad English)

Astner
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
in physics all of us can be described by bits of information
What do you mean?

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by Astner
What do you mean?

Think of Quark as leggos , but you can make ANYTHING with those leggos and every order that they have they become something , we call those orders information !

Astner
Think of Quark as leggos ,
That's the stupidest analogy I've ever heard.

First and foremost you can't even make an atom out of just quarks, you need electrons (which is a lepton and not a quark) as well as pions and number of bosons (g, W+, W- and Z0) to account for the structure of said atom, and that's not accounting for other properties like particle decay and interactions.

And it's spelt Lego.

Robtard
Astner's mad cos Astner never got any Legos.

http://images.mocpages.com/user_images/33999/12642448333_SPLASH.jpg

Shakyamunison
Since recently some scientists could teleport (I don't know if it's a verb or not but I use it) a qubit , it will open the gate for larger scales of information , in physics all of us can be described by bits of information and in theory we can copy those information and past them on the other bits of information (aka teleportation) but it will delete the original information ! now we are a step closer, but as a scientist it's just an action for me however it leaves a philosophical question for you guys that when we (people) got teleported , are we still the same person or not? what do you think? (Sorry for the bad English)

The problem with teleportation is that the thing you are teleporting is destroyed in the process.

Epicurus
^Not if the teleportation in question involves space warps. In which case the object being teleported doesn't even move at all, the universe around it does.

Astner
Originally posted by Epicurus
In which case the object being teleported doesn't even move at all, the universe around it does.
You do know that motion is a relative concept, right? You moving is from one frame of reference is the same as the universe moving around you from another.

Epicurus
You do know that motion is a relative concept, right? You moving is from one frame of reference is the same as the universe moving around you from another.
You do know that space warping results in the frame of reference itself being moved around, right? And motion cannot be faster than light. At least not from a localistic viewpoint.

Well, I am not moving in this case though. The frame of reference is.

Astner
Well, I am not moving in this case though. The frame of reference is.
I don't think you understand. You can always change the frame of reference.

Epicurus
I don't think you understand. You can always change the frame of reference.
I don't think human beings know yet how to change which universe they hop around in. Or whether there even are multiple universes in existence.

Astner
I don't think human beings know yet how to change which universe they hop around in. Or whether there even are multiple universes in existence.
Frame of reference is a theoretical concept.

Shabazz916
is teleportation possible.. no your body would never survive the energy need to be teleported

Epicurus
Frame of reference is a theoretical concept.
And?

Shabazz916
teleportation isnt real.. human are limited by what the man up above will let us achieve

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.