KMC VS World's Funnest MXY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
KMC, your mission is to stop World's Funnest Mxy.

Mission 1- Find 3 characters that can stop Mxy as a trio.
Mission 2- Find 2 characters that can stop Mxy as a duo.
Mission 3- Find a single character that can stop Mxy.

Yahweh and TOAA are DISQUALIFIED !

Galan007
Black Alice. smile

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Galan007
Black Alice. smile

Damnit, beat me to it.

LordofBrooklyn
Black Alice. smile

LIES!

Perhaps.

h1a8
Can we assume that Black Alice's powers are limitless? Maybe a no limit fallacy?
The greatest being whose power she stole was Spectre right? Plus Spectre's power fluctuates based off the will of the Presense.

So IDK

Galan007
^ She copied the powers of Thunderbolt as well:
http://i.imgur.com/CsmNHQd.jpg

And as I'm sure you know, T-bolt is a 5-D denizen. smile

Mr Master
There's several teams people can come up with to stop Mxy, because to many uber powers out there.

But solo is more interesting.

I'll start with ... Protege, imo.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Mr Master
There's several teams people can come up with to stop Mxy, because to many uber powers out there.

How does Protege defeat Mighty Mxy?

MF DELPH
Celestial Muzzle.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Mr Master

No need for Protege, when Superman does it by his herald-ass lonesome in virtually every comic where the 2 have interacted.

As the old saying goes, the pen is mightier than the sword. wink

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Epicurus
No need for Protege, when Superman does it by his herald-ass lonesome in virtually every comic where the 2 have interacted.

As the old saying goes, the pen is mightier than the sword. wink

When did he defeat WF's Mxy?

Epicurus
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
When did he defeat WF's Mxy?
WF Mxy is the same Mxy he beat in previous encounters.

Or is a little memory jog of DC canon required for the so-called King of Canon?

SquallX

Mxy only loses because it's more fun.

Whenever Mxy wants, he can outright kill Kal.

h1a8
no one can beat wf mxy if he doesn't really want to lose. He can just erase anyone the start of the battle before they do anything.

cdtm
WF Mxy killed Superman like three times, give or take.

And Spectre, too.

pym-ftw
Anyone smart enough to make Mxy beat himself so Superman+ intelligence...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
no one can beat wf mxy if he doesn't really want to lose. He can just erase anyone the start of the battle before they do anything.

Originally posted by SquallX
Mxy only loses because it's more fun.

Whenever Mxy wants, he can outright kill Kal.

So, in character, he will lose to a whole bunch of people.

SquallX
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So, in character, he will lose to a whole bunch of people.

In away yes. Mxy is limited only by the limits he sets upon himself.

For instance, the whole name backwards thing, that's actually a limit Mxy puts on himself to make his messing with Kal more fun.

DarkSaint85
In away yes. Mxy is limited only by the limits he sets upon himself.

For instance, the whole name backwards thing, that's actually a limit Mxy puts on himself to make his messing with Kal more fun.

True, but then, its a moot point as the thread is specifically asking for Mxy, and thus, the character traits he displays.

If you wanted to have a random 5D imp, bloodlusted, with no limits, then its a different matter.

Galan007
^ If you want to get technical, this thread specifies 'WF' Mxy. This is important because in that specific story Mxy actually went out of his way to destroy the entire 5th dimension, just so the self-imposed name backwards 'weakness' could no longer be used against him:
http://i.imgur.com/b2NrK2Q.jpg
So if Mxy fights in the same mindset as he did in WF(which was obviously the thread starter's intent, per the OP), then no one is going to 'win' by BFR'ing him back to the 5th-D.

So again: Black Alice wins. smile

SquallX
^ If you want to get technical, this thread specifies 'WF' Mxy. This is important because in that specific story Mxy actually went out of his way to destroy the entire 5th dimension, just so the self-imposed name backwards 'weakness' could no longer be used against him:
http://i.imgur.com/b2NrK2Q.jpg
So if Mxy fights in the same mindset as he did in WF(which was obviously the thread starter's intent, per the OP), then no one is going to 'win' by BFR'ing him back to the 5th-D.

So again: Black Alice wins. smile

But isn't Alice limited to on how long she can hold a power set? She himself stated, the more powerful the being is, the less time she has.

If she can put down Mxy down fast enough, then yes. If not, she gets kills.

DarkSaint85
If she becomes all powerful like a 5D imp, what is time? She'd be able to remove all limitations....

Zack Fair
KMC, your mission is to stop World's Funnest Mxy.

Mission 1- Find 3 characters that can stop Mxy as a trio.
Mission 2- Find 2 characters that can stop Mxy as a duo.
Mission 3- Find a single character that can stop Mxy.

Yahweh and TOAA are DISQUALIFIED ! Unleash Quan.

GG.

Galan007
But isn't Alice limited to on how long she can hold a power set? She himself stated, the more powerful the being is, the less time she has.

If she can put down Mxy down fast enough, then yes. If not, she gets kills. Alice doesn't copy powers, as someone like Amazo does--she steals them all together. Thus if Alice duped Mxy's powers, he'd be rendered completely powerless.

It shouldn't take her too terribly long to defeat Mxy if he's powerless. thumb up

LordofBrooklyn

The King of Canon knows you made a ridiculous statement and got caught.

This version of MXY was nothing like what Superman faced prior.

BullwinkleMoose
The A, Squirrel Girl, Elaine Belloc could all Solo World's Funnest MXY

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
The A, Squirrel Girl, Elaine Belloc could all Solo World's Funnest MXY

Squirrel Girl dies!

Brutally!

h1a8
How long does it take Black Alice to steal someone's power?
What the amount of power factor in the time it would take?
Would Black Alice spitestomp Odin?

Epicurus
The King of Canon knows you made a ridiculous statement and got caught.

This version of MXY was nothing like what Superman faced prior.
No, he doesn't.

This Mxy was the exact same version who gets owned by Superman periodically in almost every comic they have an encounter, and had his ass handed to him by the Annataz/Prime combo.

Epicurus
Would Black Alice spitestomp Odin?
As long as it took for me to bang your whore of a mother.
The amount of power which Mxy is capable of outputting.
She has owned the Spectre, so in all likelihood she could own Odin. Or any other skyfather++ level character who is empowered by magic.

Galan007
Would Black Alice spitestomp Odin? -Instantaneously.

-Typically the more powerful the magics she steals are, the shorter amount of time she can stay in possession of them--and while no exact time-frames have ever been mentioned, she did stay in possession of Spectre's powers for a good while.

-She would spitestomp Odin, yes. Where magical characters are concerned, Alice is pretty much as haxx as it gets.

cdtm
BA is definitely the only DC character besides maybe the Presence who could take Mxy without question.. I'm not even sure if someone like Lucifer Morningstar or Synarr could beat him.

In a quick draw scenario, I'd still bet on Mxy, since it takes "some" time to jack his powers... even if it's an instant.. while Mxy already has his powers and could just erase her from existence as soon as the bell rings..

LordofBrooklyn
No, he doesn't.

This Mxy was the exact same version who gets owned by Superman periodically in almost every comic they have an encounter, and had his ass handed to him by the Annataz/Prime combo.

Is Superman Prime's immunity(OK, heretics, nigh-invulnerability) to magic irrelevant in your opinion?

Epicurus
Is Superman Prime's immunity(OK, heretics, nigh-invulnerability) to magic irrelevant in your opinion?
He's not immune. Just highly resistant. We see that in a sufficiently weakened state magical weapons can hurt him. It's pretty clear that his magical resistance is tied in to his overall durability/invulnerability, which fluctuates based on how much sunlight his cells have been jacked up on.

It was Annataz anyways who shut down his power so that he could become Prime's new boytoy.laughing out loud

h1a8
So Mxy's powers are magical? I'm not saying they aren't. I just don't know. What evidence do we have to support them being magical and what evidence do we have that support them not being magical?

DarkSaint85
So Mxy's powers are magical? I'm not saying they aren't. I just don't know. What evidence do we have to support them being magical and what evidence do we have that support them not being magical?

He's a 5D imp.

Black Alice has jacked a 5D imp's powers before (see page 1).

Of course, just like humans are different (Jason Blood vs Batman, for example), perhaps Mxy is a magical version of the 5D imps?

But I have not seen any evidence saying he is.

Epicurus
So Mxy's powers are magical?
It's an advanced form of science which humans can't understand, so they call it magic. Which is what magic is classified in comic book fiction these days; science of arcane forces which humans can't understand.

Annataz wouldn't have been able to depower him if his abilities didn't have some magikal element to them.

And as Dark mentioned before, Black Alice has jacked a 5D imp's power before. Not to mention doing the same thing to the Spectre(who on his better days is portrayed as a peer of an average, run of the mill 5D imp).

Which means Black Alice could do the same thing to Mxy as well.

Epicurus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But I have not seen any evidence saying he is.
Annataz referred to his abilities being magikal, hence why she was able to inhibit them.

DarkSaint85
Annataz referred to his abilities being magikal, hence why she was able to inhibit them.

Plus, am rereading Emperor Joker atm, and there are several occasions where they refer to Mxy as using 'spells'.

Galan007
So Mxy's powers are magical? I'm not saying they aren't. I just don't know. What evidence do we have to support them being magical and what evidence do we have that support them not being magical? The 5th dimension, along with its denizens, are most commonly referred to as a magical in nature. Here is the most recent(pre-Flashpoint) example of such:
http://i.imgur.com/FDms0jU.jpg

However, Mxy himself has stated that he actually utilizes 5D science so advanced that is simply perceived as magic to beings from the 3rd dimension:
http://i.imgur.com/FvplMlh.jpg
So take that for what it's worth. /shrug

Super-tech or not, however, Imps are always treated as magical entities in the 3rd dimension. That's why/how Black Alice(who can ONLY dupe magical energy) was able to steal T-bolt's 5D power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.