The Inhumans -Vs- The X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..
No BFR..

The Inhumans

Black Bolt
Medusa
Karnak
Gorgon
Triton
Crystal
Maximus

Vs

The X-Men

Magneto
Storm
Wolverine
Colossus
Beast
Iceman
Emma Frost

Existere
Depends almost entirely on which version of Magneto. In most scenarios, the X-Men should take it.

Epicurus
Black Bolt solos.

Existere
Nah. Black Bolt's easily the most powerful player on the board, but the rest of the Inhumans are mostly useless feebs, with Maximus completely outclassed by Emma and Crystal having perhaps more raw power but ultimately less feats than either Iceman or Storm.

Assuming that Magneto is at full power, and not one of his "oh shit, I'm old and useless" versions (admittedly, he's somewhere around there right now), he's totally capable of matching Black Bolt long enough for Emma and friends to put him down.

pym-ftw
Black bolt can probably warp Magneto's shield enough to punch his face in then he clobbers the rest of these guys.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Existere
Nah. Black Bolt's easily the most powerful player on the board, but the rest of the Inhumans are mostly useless feebs, with Maximus completely outclassed by Emma and Crystal having perhaps more raw power but ultimately less feats than either Iceman or Storm.

Assuming that Magneto is at full power, and not one of his "oh shit, I'm old and useless" versions (admittedly, he's somewhere around there right now), he's totally capable of matching Black Bolt long enough for Emma and friends to put him down.
No he wouldn't. Magneto isn't even in the same class as someone capable of taking down multiple Kree Accusers, holding his own against Thanos and ripping a parsecs-wide hole in space.

Anyways, since you agree that Magneto is more close to his "useless" incarnations, this thread belongs to the Midnight King.

Existere
Originally posted by Epicurus
No he wouldn't. Magneto isn't even in the same class as someone capable of taking down multiple Kree Accusers, holding his own against Thanos and ripping a parsecs-wide hole in space.

Anyways, since you agree that Magneto is more close to his "useless" incarnations, this thread belongs to the Midnight King. Black Bolt also isn't in the same class as someone capable of 'holding his own' against Thanos, so that's totally irrelevant.

I think this thread is a lot more interesting if Magneto isn't totally depowered, because that's the only way that the match becomes competitive. srug

Epicurus
Black Bolt also isn't in the same class as someone capable of 'holding his own' against Thanos, so that's totally irrelevant.

I think this thread is a lot more interesting if Magneto isn't totally depowered, because that's the only way that the match becomes competitive. srug
Considering that Black Bolt is that 'someone capable of holding his own against Thanos' in question, this is blatantly and patently wrong.

The only difference would be that the fight will be more prolonged. A full power Magneto will just be postponing the inevitable; the X-Men's defeat at the hands(or rather voice) of Black Bolt.

Existere
Considering that Black Bolt is the one capable of holding his own against Thanos, that is blatantly and patently wrong.

The only difference would be that the fight will be more prolonged. A full power Magneto will just be postponing the inevitable; the X-Men's defeat at the hands(or rather voice) of Black Bolt. lol, no. Black Bolt is about as capable of holding his own against Thanos as anybody else on the cusp of the mid herald/high herald line. As in, not at all.

I don't see it that way. Black Bolt and Magneto have really similar powersets that manifest in very different ways, but at his full power, Magneto is capable of matching Black Bolt unless BB screams. His whispers rock a lot of raw power, but are totally based on manipulating electrons in the air, which is also Magneto's forte, so I see it as a lot of neutralizing each other.

Meanwhile, Black Bolt's been given trouble pretty steadily through his fighting career by opponents on the caliber of the best of the X-Men on this team. I think that the Inhumans get quickly neutralized by the X-Men, and then Magneto/Storm/Iceman/Emma/Colossus/Wolverine take down Black Bolt.

Supermex
This is fully powered Mags...
Classic Mags

Epicurus
lol, no. Black Bolt is about as capable of holding his own against Thanos as anybody else on the cusp of the mid herald/high herald line. As in, not at all.

I don't see it that way. Black Bolt and Magneto have really similar powersets that manifest in very different ways, but at his full power, Magneto is capable of matching Black Bolt unless BB screams. His whispers rock a lot of raw power, but are totally based on manipulating electrons in the air, which is also Magneto's forte, so I see it as a lot of neutralizing each other.

Meanwhile, Black Bolt's been given trouble pretty steadily through his fighting career by opponents on the caliber of the best of the X-Men on this team. I think that the Inhumans get quickly neutralized by the X-Men, and then Magneto/Storm/Iceman/Emma/Colossus/Wolverine take down Black Bolt.
Which makes you wrong.

The partial similarity of their powersets is where the the comparison ends. Bolt has the far better feats of the 2, and on a good day is capable of one-shotting Magneto in a forum fight. Especially when both are at their best.

His voice(when harnessed by the Inhumans echo-tech to destroy entire fleets of the Shiar, Kree and Skrull alien races) has worked in the vacuum of space though. Which puts a question mark on whether his abilities are merely material(the aforementioned electron-manipulation) in nature, or are possibly quasi-psionic as well. Which given the fact that he uses Medusa as his telepathic voicebox is a reasonable doubt.

DarkSaint85
What if both sides had prep? Beast on the side of the X-men, and Maximus for the Inhumans....

Existere
Which makes you wrong. Thanos vs Black Bolt battlezone?

What feats are those? I know Black Bolt can do things with electron manipulation that Magneto has never been shown to do, but the reverse is absolutely true.

lol @ one shot.

Grasping at straws. His voice will work in the vacuum of space because they're still surrounded by matter (those fleets of ships you mentioned). There's nothing sonic about the nature of his powers, the speech part of his brain is just connected to the part of his brain that f*cks up everything in front of him uncontrollably.

Incidentally, you know who else has powers that are theorised to be quasi-psionic? Magneto.

-----------------------------------

Short of Black Bolt going ape shit and killing everyone, Magneto will be able to match him while the X-Men make short work of the Inhumans and Black Bolt is overwhelmed.

celestialdemon
Inhumans

Epicurus
Thanos vs Black Bolt battlezone?

We don't need a battlezone, when said encounter already happened in Infinity. Admittedly, Bolt lost but still managed to put up a fight before going down.

Edit: But if you want a bz so badly, I'd prefer it to be a comparison of how well Black Bolt and Magneto would do against Thanos respectively.

What feats are those? I know Black Bolt can do things with electron manipulation that Magneto has never been shown to do, but the reverse is absolutely true.

lol @ one shot.

The ones mentioned previously. I don't see Magneto taking on multiple Kree Accusers and winning as Black Bolt did in FF. I don't see Magneto being capable of outputting power enough to rip a parsecs wide hole in space. I don't see Magneto beating Vulcan as badly as Black Bolt did. Sure, he could take a majority against him on a good day, but not domniate, near-kill him and have him at his mercy in a fight. And above all, I don't see Magneto being capable of making the Kree Supremor virtually shit himself when facing down the Midnight King.
Grasping at straws. His voice will work in the vacuum of space because they're still surrounded by matter (those fleets of ships you mentioned). There's nothing sonic about the nature of his powers, the speech part of his brain is just connected to the part of his brain that f*cks up everything in front of him uncontrollably.

Incidentally, you know who else has powers that are theorised to be quasi-psionic? Magneto.

-----------------------------------

Short of Black Bolt going ape shit and killing everyone, Magneto will be able to match him while the X-Men make short work of the Inhumans and Black Bolt is overwhelmed.
Which are miles(thousands, millions, maybe lifghtyears, considering the parsecs wide hole it ripped) away. Might as well start claiming that a detonating nuke can produce shockwaves in space, since you know, there is still matter floating around lightyears away from it.

Of course there is nothing sonic about the nature of his powerset. Thanks for stating the obvious.

Because of his latent telepathy. Black Bolt has literal, actual telepathy as evidenced by him using Medusa as a telepathic voicebox.

Lol, what makes you think the other X-Men can overwhelm Black Bolt? We know he is resistant to tp, so Emma Frost(the only other person who could possibly have a chance at survival) is going down in all likelihood. Most of the others are canon fodder when pitted against someone like Black Bolt.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I would have put classic Magneto on HH to Trans levels. Now, dunno.

Existere
Admittedly, Bolt lost but still managed to put up a fight =/= 'hold his own'. Moving on...

Lots of things that you don't see. K.

I've already agreed that Black Bolt has access to more raw power, and I concede that Magneto has not 'ripped a parsecs wide hole in space'. He has, however, on multiple occaisons, opened wormholes in space, intended to do so, and done so with zero technological aid... which Black Bolt can not claim.

Black Bolt has been given significant trouble by Ronan on his own, to the point of being at the mercy of a prepped Ronan. Everyone has high feats. Magneto has torn through Avengers' lineups and siphoned the power of the Phoenix in the past. I don't see Black Bolt being able to bring back the Kitty Pryde bullet, or draw power from Jupiter's planetary mass while on Earth.

I also think you and I might remember the Vulcan fight differently...

Yeah, pretty sure that's never really been addressed as more than a side theory. Doesn't matter much though, Magneto's also demonstrated latent telepathy in the past, which is neither here nor there, besides reinforcing my thought that their powers and rough power levels are similar enough that Magneto's huge edge in team wins this.

We know he is resistant to telepathy because of... Maximus? We also know that Maximus is not even remotely on Emma's level, and that Emma can launch a telepathic assault without interruption or distraction.

Emma's telepathy could also be used to turn teammates against him. Most of the Inhumans are fodder, but Crystal's a powerhouse.

Storm, Iceman, Colossus, even Wolverine all have the capacity to hurt and impair Black Bolt as well.

I absolutely believe that Black Bolt would take Magneto in a drawn out battle, but I don't believe that he could (without cutting loose in a manner unlike him) take Magneto and as many as five high meta characters as well.

Epicurus
=/= 'hold his own'. Moving on...
Yes it is.
Lots of things that you don't see. K.
Such as?

I've already agreed that Black Bolt has access to more raw power, and I concede that Magneto has not 'ripped a parsecs wide hole in space'. He has, however, on multiple occaisons, opened wormholes in space, intended to do so, and done so with zero technological aid... which Black Bolt can not claim.

Lol, opening wormholes in space is supposed to give him an edge over Black Bolt now? Never mind the fact that Magneto doing so in actual fights to incapacitate his opponents instead of just safely teleporting people away is unproven.

Black Bolt has been given significant trouble by Ronan on his own, to the point of being at the mercy of a prepped Ronan. Everyone has high feats. Magneto has torn through Avengers' lineups and siphoned the power of the Phoenix in the past. I don't see Black Bolt being able to bring back the Kitty Pryde bullet, or draw power from Jupiter's planetary mass while on Earth.
In the past. He failed to do so in AvX against any of the P5. He was practically a weak chump compared to them.

Black Bolt owning Kree Accusers and almost killing the Supremor is part of his recent history however.

I also think you and I might remember the Vulcan fight differently...
Black Bolt had him at his mercy, and the only reason Vulcan succeeded with his sucker shot was due to Crystal's interference which caused Black Bolt to spare him.

Yeah, pretty sure that's never really been addressed as more than a side theory.
laughing out loudRead Hickman's Future Foundation and Fantastic Four run. Telepathy is the least of his abilities which we need to give him psionic abilities. His cosmic awareness was blatantly showcased during encounter with a future version of Franklin Richards.

Doesn't matter much though, Magneto's also demonstrated latent telepathy in the past, which is neither here nor there, besides reinforcing my thought that their powers and rough power levels are similar enough that Magneto's huge edge in team wins this.

Latent telepathy != actual telepathy. Latent telepathy <<<< cosmic awareness. Fact.

Lol no. In the psionic arena, Magneto is to Black Bolt what Tyrion Lannister would be to Gregor Clegane. In terms of overall raw power as well the Midnight King outclasses Mags to the point that on a good day Mags isn't even coming close to making Black Bolt bat an eyelid whatsoever.

We know he is resistant to telepathy because of... Maximus? We also know that Maximus is not even remotely on Emma's level, and that Emma can launch a telepathic assault without interruption or distraction.

Because he resisted being mindraped by the Supremor, even after being physically melded with the latter's brain. Which in itself is a retardedly impossible feat, but that's Black Bolt for ya.

Emma's telepathy could also be used to turn teammates against him. Most of the Inhumans are fodder, but Crystal's a powerhouse.
Before Bolt kills her with a whisper? Or maybe everyone with a whisper? I guess mindcontrolling Crystal could present problems, seeing how Black Bolt would be won't to strike her down at first. Nothing to do with Crystal's rarely seen before power potential. Still, that's the only viable tactic you've brought up so far, and it clearly doesn't involve the weak feeb known as Lensherr holding back Black Bolt long enough for the others to gang up on him.

Storm, Iceman, Colossus, even Wolverine all have the capacity to hurt and impair Black Bolt as well.

laughing out loud

GTFO of here, bro. Colossus is fail personified, Storm and Iceman have nowhere near the firepower to take on someone like Black Bolt. So a big fat lol at capacity to hurt and impair him.

I absolutely believe that Black Bolt would take Magneto in a drawn out battle, but I don't believe that he could (without cutting loose in a manner unlike him) take Magneto and as many as five high meta characters as well.
Then you're seriously underestimating Black Bolt. His recent appearances would put him more on par with a solid high herald.

Existere

Then you're seriously underestimating Black Bolt. His recent appearances would put him more on par with a solid high herald. This is going in circles. I don't really feel like having a quote war so here's my thoughts on the thread:

I would put a 'full power/height of his ability' Magneto (which OP specified we are using in this thread) as solidly mid herald, with an ability set that is very basically similar to Black Bolts, despite the characters being vastly different. I would put Black Bolt as solidly mid herald throughout the majority of his career, with perhaps a recent increase in power, but nothing concrete to make me think that his career of being pretty close to Magneto in overall ability doesn't apply here.

I think Black Bolt would beat Magneto, I don't think Black Bolt would do it quickly, and I don't think Black Bolt would beat Magneto were he aided by a team of high metas, which is what I see the rest of the battle boiling down to.

Obviously, you disagree, which is cool.

Golgo13
X-Men.

deathslash
Black Bolt probably solos the X-men

Supermex
Originally posted by deathslash
Black Bolt probably solos the X-men

Maybe but I was going to say that Inhumans win and just cuz of Black Bolt..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.