RL Threat meter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
Rate 1-100 who would pose the most danger to society if a fictional comicbook character exist in real life...only evil.

Spider-man
Cyclops
Wolverine
Beastboy
Hawkman
Aquaman

marwash22
Aquaman
Hawkman
Cyke
Spiderman
Wolverine
Beast Boy

-Pr-
Aquaman could wipe out the surface world mostly on a whim, if he wanted to.

DarkSaint85
Depends on the resources they can bring.

Atlantis? Horizon Labs? Shi Ar tech? Thangarian tech?

SamZED
Not sure where to place Hawkman.

1. Cyclops assuming he will use his evil seed to start a race of mutants that will eventually replace homo sapiens.
2. Aquaman/Spider-man tied.
3. Wolverine
Beast Boy can either be number 4 or share number 1 with Cyke if Gar finds a way to shape shift into a deadly virus/bacteria and spreads all over the world.

riv6672
Is it Aquaman himself or all of Atlantis? Alone, how would he do that?

My list:
Spider-man/Hawkman - 75
Wolverine/Aquaman - 70
Cyke - 25
Beast Boy - 10

If Aquaman does have Atlantis, he's automatically a 100.
None of these guys are going to take over the world, unless they get extremely lucky.
Spidey and HM have the smarts yo be "used" by the government while getting what they want. In HM's case, he could easily go to the middle east and carve out a power base.
Wolverine could become a warlord somewhere, running all sorts of illegal activities, and smoothly go into civilized society when needed. His immortality would allow him to accumulate quite a lot of power in the long term.
Aquaman on his own is right behind these guys, probably in a smaller european country.
Cyke i dont personally see as being all that effective once people got over the awe factor of seeing his power work. He could be a crime lord, nowhere near what Wolverine could accomplish though.
Beast Boy, he'd work best in a rural environment, maybe running a bunch of meth/prostitution type red neck operations and keeping a low profile. As the least human looking of the group he'd need to avoid getting dissected.

riv6672
SamZED makes a great point about procreation, which slipped my sleepy mind.
Assuming Cyke, Wolvie, Aquaman and Beast Boy could pass on their powers, then BB gets bumped to a 25 on my list, Aquaman is 80, Cyke a 35, with room for improvement depending on offspring power levels. These are all going to be 10-15 investments to see viable returns, and none of these characters will live forever, to see total world domination.

Spidey i bump to a 90. Working with the Government would give him gene splicing/cloning/ artificial insemination options that would cut return time considerably.
Wolverine goes to 99, as he actually would be around to see the fruits of his labor for many generations.

marwash22
i wasn't thinking about this from a "long game" perspective. I was thinking more like who would be the biggest threat if they just showed up one day started causing havoc.

riv6672
Okay.
I thought the long term (or even short term) repercussions of their appearances were pretty valid. None of these characters are the type to just go nuts (even Wolverine and Hawkman dont just Hulk out and go on rampages totaling neighborhoods).

That said, they all get shot dead or captured within a day, even Aquaman, who has the most potential to hide, as he'd be too busy yelling "Arthur SMASH!" to think smart.

-Pr-
How would they capture Aquaman?

DarkSaint85
He's not bulletproof; a sniper bullet (or multiple ones) would take care of your precious Fish King.

DarkSaint85
He's RESISTANT to bullets, but not completely immune. And weren't these submachine guns?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a6adca0c68336e5896124156723163ce/tumblr_mfjssxFG0U1rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg

riv6672
Same as the others i'd guess. Overwhelming numbers and firepower.
As per Marwash's OP which i misunderstood, he's not going to be exactly fighting smart.

EDIT: this favored Arthur a lot more when i thought the characters would be evil and smart, not just running around smashing things. In that scenario they all go down.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's not bulletproof; a sniper bullet (or multiple ones) would take care of your precious Fish King.

He's RESISTANT to bullets, but not completely immune. And weren't these submachine guns?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a6adca0c68336e5896124156723163ce/tumblr_mfjssxFG0U1rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg

I get that; I just don't see why he'd leave himself open to even being tagged like that.

He's taken fire from AK's and all it seemed to do was piss him off. He seems to have this strange "my skin can be cut but my muscles are too dense" thing going for him, which I don't understand the logic behind.

Originally posted by riv6672
Same as the others i'd guess. Overwhelming numbers and firepower.
As per Marwash's OP which i misunderstood, he's not going to be exactly fighting smart.

EDIT: this favored Arthur a lot more when i thought the characters would be evil and smart, not just running around smashing things. In that scenario they all go down.

Being evil doesn't make him an idiot, unless I missed something. Remember, he already had a plan to attack the surface world in place.

riv6672
Originally posted by -Pr-
Being evil doesn't make him an idiot, unless I missed something. Remember, he already had a plan to attack the surface world in place.

Not my call. Just going by the thread maker, who said the first few posts werent what he was going for.

Originally posted by marwash22
i wasn't thinking about this from a "long game" perspective. I was thinking more like who would be the biggest threat if they just showed up one day started causing havoc.

Having made my prediction in that scenario, i'm bowing out except to maybe read. Not much you can do with "shot dead."

-Pr-
Not my call. Just going by the thread maker, who said the first few posts werent what he was going for.

Having made my prediction in that scenario, i'm bowing out except to maybe read. Not much you can do with "shot dead."

marwash didn't make the thread stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
As said before, it all depends on what they bring with them.

An evil Spidey, with his resources from Horizon Labs, could destroy our Earth.

So could Aquaman if he brings some doomsday weapon or Atlantis and his army/monsters.

Cyclops potentially could bring something that he's got laying around. Whereas Wolverine, although he may have more resources to hand with the Jean Grey school, wouldn't.

If you just plucked them, right now, from their universes and plonked them straight in NYC, Cyclops would do the most damage just be taking his visor off.

riv6672
In my defense i did say i'm sleepy.laughing out loud

Marwash's scenario weakens the characters to the point of absurdity.
None of them have the raw power to just show up and start tearing things up.

riv6672
DarkSaint makes a good point regarding Cyclops, but he's not bullet proof. He may be the weakest character, damage soak wise.

-Pr-
As said before, it all depends on what they bring with them.

An evil Spidey, with his resources from Horizon Labs, could destroy our Earth.

So could Aquaman if he brings some doomsday weapon or Atlantis and his army/monsters.

Cyclops potentially could bring something that he's got laying around. Whereas Wolverine, although he may have more resources to hand with the Jean Grey school, wouldn't.

If you just plucked them, right now, from their universes and plonked them straight in NYC, Cyclops would do the most damage just be taking his visor off.

That raises a question about Aquaman: Can he call on sea animals? Or are those blocked?

Cyclops would initially do a lot of damage, yes. It just wouldn't be sustainable is all.

None of them have the raw power to just show up and start tearing things up.

lol np

riv6672
Thanks!

I like the "pluck and drop" idea. Makes things more equal across the board for all the characters if they have to depend on what they bring to the table at a bare minimum.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-
That raises a question about Aquaman: Can he call on sea animals? Or are those blocked?

Cyclops would initially do a lot of damage, yes. It just wouldn't be sustainable is all.

lol np

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY DUGONG!!!

http://dccomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/dugong.jpg

Good feat, actually. Shows his control of mammals (previously we saw reptiles in the form of alligators), so proof its not just fish in the DCnU.

riv6672
Frikkin' sweet!

celeyhyga17
Aquaman will pose maximum threat level.

maxivitopowe
Is it fish, aquatic animals, or anything in water?

marwash22

None of them have the raw power to just show up and start tearing things up. in your "long game" scenario, how soon do we (the normal people of the world and world powers) know of their existence?

and yes Aquaman does have the raw power to just show up and start tearing things up. He could flood the Earth easily.

riv6672
In my scenario, they'd all probably opt to keep a low profile, so, not very soon in most cases.

As far as Aquaman flooding the earth, can he do that on his own or using Atlantean resources? I honestly dont know with all the Nu52 changes.

marwash22
with his big ol' trident.

tkitna
Too much thought being put into this.

Aquaman - 90
Hawkman - 75
Spiderman - 60
Wolverine - 60 (he's going to have to be put down by scientific means but he isn't taking over the world either)
Beast Boy - 45
Cyclops - 10 (nice laser but a gun shot will do the trick on him)

riv6672
Originally posted by marwash22
with his big ol' trident.
If you say so so.

I still say you have these characters acting, well, absurdly.
Why would any of them just go on a rampage?
Still, if Aquaman can do that kind of damage, then he's for sure top of the list before he gets killed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.