E3 2014

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
Lets see whats up and coming

http://www.ign.com/
http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

dadudemon
Any announcements on GTA V for PC?

Internet is slow while at work...

Zack Fair
Not yet, but it just started. Right now its MS's conference.

Zack Fair
Chieeeeeeeeef!

dadudemon
Halo the Master Chief Collection...

decent...nice....

Halo 5 looks good.

Zack Fair
Fuq that.

Intact Halo 2 multiplayer?!

God.Damn.It

VG_Addict
Apparently, Miyamoto will show his new IP tomorrow.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/09/shigeru-miyamoto-will-show-off-new-projects-on-nintendo-treehouse-tomorrow/

Zack Fair
Mario Video Editor.

VG_Addict
Did anyone else hear Mega Man X music in the Dead Rising trailer?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Watch before it is taken down 131

_zbSoVWcfmw

Zack Fair
2yKv45X_OIo

Zack Fair
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10334461_10152051029721923_5501737459682440631_n.jpg

BlackZero30x
Anyone else think Scalebound looked pretty cool?

Zack Fair
Well the CGi looked cool. We don't know what the **** game is, so I'm skeptical.

BlackZero30x
Well the CGi looked cool. We don't know what the **** game is, so I'm skeptical.

This is true. I could very well be jumping the shark here but I thought it looked really cool. I did notice that it seemed to have a hint of Devil May Cry/Nero.

EDIT:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/E3#fbid=lgBYagJcYLI For anyoone who missed the Xbox E3 conference that wants to watch it.

Zack Fair
Sunset Overdrive looked balls.

BlackZero30x
I think it looks like a fun little 3rd person and I wanna try it but at the moment I can't say it is something I really really want.

Zack Fair
yeah. It looked fun. Thats about it. My money is on Phantom Pain, Halo 5 and Witcher 3. 2015 is going to be sick.

Zack Fair
gLps7oP4BHU

Add this to the list of 2015 goodness. I will be owned.

ares834
Holy shit Sony's conference was an absolute train wreck. They made the same mistake as Microsoft did last time focusing on TV rather than games.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ares834
Holy shit Sony's conference was an absolute train wreck. They made the same mistake as Microsoft did last time focusing on TV rather than games. thumb up

BlackZero30x
Yeah I thought in comparison Sony really messed up this year. They Spent too much time on Indy games. Although I will say The Order 1886 looked awesome!

Zack Fair
A God of War teaser would have saved them.

Demonic Phoenix
They had an Arkham Knight gameplay segment, and an Uncharted 4 teaser. I think that saved the train wreck that was caused by Shawn Layden.

NemeBro
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
They Spent too much time on Indy games. No Man's Sky was the most interesting title even talked about tonight though, along with Bloodborn (Which admittedly wasn't much more than a teaser but I'd lap up From's shit at this point).

Nemesis X
YN9pnYm1mNA

FpS-oadeewo

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by NemeBro
No Man's Sky was the most interesting title even talked about tonight though, along with Bloodborn (Which admittedly wasn't much more than a teaser but I'd lap up From's shit at this point).

Theres nothing wrong with an Indy game because there are some real gems among them but I think Sony needed more big title games that made people gasp.

Demonic Phoenix
No Man's Sky was the most interesting title even talked about tonight though, along with Bloodborn (Which admittedly wasn't much more than a teaser but I'd lap up From's shit at this point).

thumb up

Tzeentch
Nah **** that. Indy games are whack. If I'm going to spend 400+ dollars on a console (I won't), the games I'm playing better take advantage of those resources I paid for.

I have not seen even a single E3 trailer thus far.

Nemesis X
I have to admit the Sony conference was pretty underwhelming. No Man's Sky, Abzu, Uncharted 4 and GTAV on PS4 were okay news but nothing that would make the trip to E3 worth it.

Zack Fair
Would be awesome if Nintendo came out with gameplay videos and date announcements of Mario Wii-U, Zelda, Wii-U, Metroid Wii-U and Smash Bros Wii-U.

They would own this E3 if they did man. y fingers are crossed and I dont even own a Wii U. I want to believe though.

Kazenji
Originally posted by dadudemon

Internet is slow while at work...

Just seen this from Rockstar on Facebook

Zack Fair
Sigh.

Halo 5, and master chief collection, Sunset Overdrive, Crack down, Inside, Platinum games, Fable, Killer instinct season 2, Phantom Dust, AND we know Quantum Break is coming at Gamescom, and Gears

AsbestosFlaygon

I hope we don't have to wait another 6 months

Nemesis X
With how common it seems for PC versions of third party titles to crash a lot in comparison to their console brethren, I'm a little surprised people still keep demanding them or does that only happen with EA and Ubisoft?

NemeBro
Shut up.

Zack Fair
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10295247_248475008610298_3633935208793363887_o.png

Tzeentch
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10295247_248475008610298_3633935208793363887_o.png https://howmanyprincesses.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/thelastofus3.jpg

NemeBro
Originally posted by Tzeentch
https://howmanyprincesses.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/thelastofus3.jpg http://images.popmatters.com/blog_art/b/bioshock_infinite_-_booker_dewitt1.jpg

Tzeentch
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/50678194.jpg

Ridley_Prime
Despite the talk about TV, I was more impressed with Sony's conference thanks to titles like No Man's Sky, yeah. Killer Instinct was mostly what I was interested in on M$'s behalf, and since T.J. Combo was the only one they revealed for the "2nd season" of characters, I was a little underwhelmed (where's my Riptor?).

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
With how common it seems for PC versions of third party titles to crash a lot in comparison to their console brethren, I'm a little surprised people still keep demanding them or does that only happen with EA and Ubisoft?

Agreed

so much for "PC Master Race" nonsense.

NemeBro
Have you ever played a game on PC?

Kazenji
Have you ever played a game on PC?

Plenty of them

but some games that are on consoles that get ported over to the PC do get ****ed over in the transition.

ares834
And vice versa.

Anyway, my shitty laptop can play games fine without crashing. Hell, my PS3 has crashed more often than my pc.

-Pr-
lol, it's not common at all for PC games to crash. Any title that's ported remotely properly won't have these issues.

the problem is developers not taking the time to do their jobs right.

Kazenji

. Hell, my PS3 has crashed more often than my pc.

That might have something to do with playing the console for long hours or the disc is scratched.

-Pr-
Or buggy games. It isn't something that's exclusive to pc.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Kazenji
Plenty of them

but some games that are on consoles that get ported over to the PC do get ****ed over in the transition. Same with PC games that get ported to console.

But see, PC gaming offers me something console gaming just can't.

Like just yesterday I was playing New Vegas. I had massacred Goodsprings with the Powder Gangers on a whim, and was looking at the corpse of Sunny Smiles, who lay next to her beloved Cheyenne. It struck me as rather odd that her corpse was entirely attack. First, I stripped her naked, which due to my mods meant I could see her beautiful fire crotch. This pleased me greatly, and I proceeded to spend the next two minutes hacking at her body with my blade until I had completely dismembered it. Her completely naked corpse lay there under the moon, her fire crotch speckled with drops of her blood.

I can't do that on a console.

BlackZero30x
Sigh.

Halo 5

I was pretty happy about the announcment that Halo 5 is going to be 1080p 60fps because so many people didn't believe the One could do it.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
Or buggy games. It isn't something that's exclusive to pc.

I do know with the 360 when played long hours it can overheat and of course freeze up the game

not sure about the PS3 i haven't really had any bad experiences on that side of things.

Astor Ebligis
Any good indie/arty games covered?

Bardock42
Same with PC games that get ported to console.

But see, PC gaming offers me something console gaming just can't.

Like just yesterday I was playing New Vegas. I had massacred Goodsprings with the Powder Gangers on a whim, and was looking at the corpse of Sunny Smiles, who lay next to her beloved Cheyenne. It struck me as rather odd that her corpse was entirely attack. First, I stripped her naked, which due to my mods meant I could see her beautiful fire crotch. This pleased me greatly, and I proceeded to spend the next two minutes hacking at her body with my blade until I had completely dismembered it. Her completely naked corpse lay there under the moon, her fire crotch speckled with drops of her blood.

I can't do that on a console.

Yikes

AsbestosFlaygon
Hope there's no more lags and freezes for the GTA V PC port (doubt it).

Lookie here, I've got some bad news for the Nintendogs:
http://blog.gsmarena.com/sony-outsells-nintendo-console-market-first-time-since-2013/

18+ million PS4s > 2+ million Wii Us

LOL!

The Wii only sold that much since casual gamers fell for the motion controls.
They've since moved on to iPads/iPhones and/or grew up and became hardcore gamers.

Nintendo has to get on with the times and encourage more 3rd party developers.

dadudemon
Sunset Overdrive looked balls.

Balls are wrinkly, hairy, stinky, and just plain ugly.

I think the game looks great so I think the game looks boobs.

ares834
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
18+ million PS4s > 2+ million Wii Us

No. Sony sold 18 million consoles/handhelds. That number would then include PS3s, Vitas, and PS4s. Obviously a good chunk of that is PS4s though.

dadudemon
Halo 5, and master chief collection, Sunset Overdrive, Crack down, Inside, Platinum games, Fable, Killer instinct season 2, Phantom Dust, AND we know Quantum Break is coming at Gamescom, and Gears

This is probably a good list (a list to save and revisit).

When Nintendo does their thing, add more to that list because I'm lazy.

-Pr-
Master Chief collection not on PC... Really, Microsoft? Really?

AsbestosFlaygon

When Nintendo does their thing, add more to that list because I'm lazy.
They're going to need more than Mario and Zelda.

VG_Addict
I have a confession to make:

I think Star Fox is ridiculously overrated, and I have no idea why people want another entry in the series.

Bardock42
What kind of Nintendo fanboy are you???

VG_Addict
The kind that likes franchises that are actually good?

Bardock42
But...Star Fox is factually the best Nintendo franchise there is....

VG_Addict
Even when 64 came out, there were better rail shooters like Panzer Dragoon.

ares834
The new Zelda looks nice. Personally, I prefer the cell-shaded graphics.

VG_Addict
What did you think of Nintendo's event?

They have a solid lineup for this year, with Smash, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta 2, all around the same time. Smash comes out in winter, HW comes out in September, and Bayonetta 2 comes out in October.

The 2015 lineup will be absolutely stacked. Just look at the list of games:

Xenoblade
Splatoon
Mario Maker
Yoshi's Wooly World
Devil's Third

BlackZero30x
Nintendo had a good show but it was probably the weakest of all the shows.

ares834
Really? I thought it was easily the strongest. Of course, the Wii U's line-up is very weak compared to the PS4 and Xbone due to the lack of multi-plat games.

kevdude
I didn't get to see PS4 or XB1 videos but just saw Wii U and I might get the Wii U now

Zack Fair
Awesome! I'm so glad Nintendo showed up this year. A new HD Zelda means I will be getting a Wii U next year.

Zelda is Nintendo's greatest franchise your r-tards.

ScreamPaste
I'm. So. Hype. Nintendo crushed my wallet. Crushed it.

BlackZero30x
Really? I thought it was easily the strongest. Of course, the Wii U's line-up is very weak compared to the PS4 and Xbone due to the lack of multi-plat games.

I just thought they didn't do anything that out preformed anyone else. As a Wii U and 3DS owner they did have some announcements that caught my eye. Of course im gonna get Smash Bros and since my woman went so crazy for Yoshi's Wooly World we will be getting that, The Amebia(I think is what it was called?) was a really cool idea that has potential, Mario Maker was admittedly awesome, and the new Zelda looked fun but none of what I just mentioned would have made me want to buy a Wii U if I didn't already have one. The biggest thing I noticed at their conference was Pokemon. I thought it was only going to be updated versions of Ruby and Sapphire but they added elements from X and Y like Mega evaluation and such. So like I said I thought it was good but the weakest...for me at least.

Zack Fair
Nintendo!

Hope they crush everyone lol *Closet Nintendo fanboy* 3XTxIHb9aWY droolio

Bardock42

That I agree with.
Nintendo!

Hope they crush everyone lol *Closet Nintendo fanboy*

Well, maybe you can console yourself with the knowledge that they are crushing themselves...

NemeBro
I didn't give a single **** about most of Nintendo's announcements (That I've seen anyway).

Both new Zeldas and that's more or less it.

Zack Fair
Same here. All I ever want from Nintendo is some Zelda goodness.

Tzeentch
I hope this console generation shatters Nintendo and they drop out of the console war and go the way of sega; putting their games on other consoles.

Because **** them. Same old shit every year.

ScreamPaste
I hope this console generation shatters Nintendo and they drop out of the console war and go the way of sega; putting their games on other consoles.

Remind me how Skyward Sword is just like Twilight Princess, which is just like Wind Waker which is just like Majora's Mask?

mmm

Oh wait, they're entirely different pieces of the same IP.

Anywhore, I don't even need to say I'm hype for Zelda, that goes without saying. But Splatoon looks ****ing amazing too, and Hyrule Warriors, and Smash, and ohmyGodNintendoLEAVEMEALONE.

Zack Fair

Because **** them. Same old shit every year. **** you.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Oh wait, they're entirely different pieces of the same IP.

Right, right. And Call of Duty Ghosts is an entirely different piece of the same IP from Modern Warfare 3, and Black Ops 2 is an entirely different piece from World at War.

Kind of makes you wonder why Halo and Cal of Duty get so much flak for doing something that Nintendo and Square Enix have been doing for 20 years.

NemeBro
**** Smash.

And I don't get the hype for Nintendo.

It looks like a fairly generic third person shooter with a gimmick.

ScreamPaste
Right, right. And Call of Duty Ghosts is an entirely different piece of the same IP from Modern Warfare 3, and Black Ops 2 is an entirely different piece from World at War.

Kind of makes you wonder why Halo and Cal of Duty get so much flak for doing something that Nintendo and Square Enix have been doing for 20 years.
Halo and Call of Duty actually do the same thing, Nintendo doesn't.

"Oh, another Zelda game, that's completely different from the one before it."

Tzeentch
What makes it completely different? Is the new Zelda a first-person shooter or something? Is there a dialogue wheel, or NPC squadmembers? What is it?

NemeBro
They weren't completely different. They usually have a new mechanic on the side, but the core of the games is pretty consistently the same.

Maybe less so for Skyward Sword and definitely less so for WW.

ScreamPaste
What makes it completely different? Is the new Zelda a first-person shooter or something? Is there a dialogue wheel, or NPC squadmembers? What is it? This newest one? Couldn't tell you yet since we've seen very little of it.

I'm pointing out why your complaint isn't valid, though. Nintendo releases multiple games from their IP's, yes, but those games aren't just expansions on the game that came before.

BloodRain
Manstache caught my attention.

Zack Fair
Of course the core gameplay is going to be the same. If they change it it won't be Zelda. Thing is Zelda comes out what? Once every 5 years? Halo and CoD, specially the later, come out a little too soon.

What Zelda offers is new gameplay mechanics which might be gimmicky. And it also gives us brand new entirely different worlds. With CoD and Halo you couldn't care less. They are all just scripted run down a hallway and shoot everything down. They both feel really really generic when you think about it. And I'm a big fan of both shooters.

Hate on Nintendo all you want.

PS: I do want them to spice things up. At least combat wise. The dungeons are fine though.

ares834

Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword all play out very differently. The only two 3D Zelda titles that are very similar (in the vein of CoD) are Twilight Princess and OoT.

Tzeentch
Explanation?

Of course the core gameplay is going to be the same. If they change it it won't be Zelda. Thing is Zelda comes out what? Once every 5 years? Halo and CoD, specially the later, come out a little too soon.

What Zelda offers is new gameplay mechanics which might be gimmicky. And it also gives us brand new entirely different worlds. With CoD and Zelda you couldn't care less. They are all just scripted run down a hallway and shoot everything down. They both feel really really generic when you think about it. And I'm a big fan of both shooters.

Hate on Nintendo all you want. So why is it okay for Zelda's core gameplay to be the same with a few gimmicky changes tacked on to every sequel, but it's not okay for Halo and Call of Duty's core gameplay to be the same, with gimmicky changes tacked on to every sequel?

Zack Fair
Explanation?

So why is it okay for Zelda's core gameplay to be the same with a few gimmicky changes tacked on to every sequel, but it's not okay for Halo and Call of Duty's core gameplay to be the same, with gimmicky changes tacked on to every sequel? I'm not saying its okay. I'm saying Halo and CoD are bigger offenders because they don't offer the other stuff Zelda does, and they also come out once every FKN year. Keep in mind Zelda has been around for more than 30 years. The way Halo and CoD are going in 30 years they will be completely irrelevant. Halo is already suffering.

Tzeentch
What does Zelda offer that Halo and Call of Duty don't?

Zack Fair
Entirely different worlds with different ways to explore them. Dungeons. Side quests. Zelda is better. Now this is just my opinion, but I stand firmly behind it.

Halo and CoD are "walk down pretty hallway and shoot." Nothing more.

Oh and it looks like they will revisit the way Dungeons are going to be tackled in this entry. Looks to me like they want to get rid of the "Can't access location until you get the proper item" cliche.

Tzeentch
So you expect dungeons and sidequests in a competitive online shooter? Or are you blaming those franchises for things that are beyond its control?

Dungeons and sidequests are standard gameplay aspects for the genre that Zelda inhabits. Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns has dungeons and sidequests. I guess it's an amazing game?

Zack Fair
LOL. I don't expect dungeons and sidequests on shooters. Are you being dense on purpose?

You are the one who asked what Zelda offered that the shooters didn't. It is also cute how you ignored my statement about Zelda offering completely different worlds with different means to explore them.

Real classy.

ScreamPaste
It's okay, Blax, I understand your frustration, it's a bad time to be a Halo fan.

NemeBro
So you expect dungeons and sidequests in a competitive online shooter? It really couldn't hurt.

Zack Fair
I'm a bigger Halo/shooter fan than him anyways. 131

Blax just hates everything. Its in his nature.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It's okay, Blax, I understand your frustration, it's a bad time to be a Halo fan. Quiet you. Master Chief collection is the boobs. awesome

Tzeentch
LOL. I don't expect dungeons and sidequests on shooters. Are you being dense on purpose?

You are the one who asked what Zelda offered that the shooters didn't. It is also cute how you ignored my statement about Zelda offering completely different worlds with different means to explore them.

Real classy. Well, your assertion is that it's okay for Legend of Zelda to be a repetitive franchise and it's not okay Call of Duty and Halo to be repetitive franchises because Zelda offers the player things like sidequests and dungeons and these shooters don't. So the logical question would be: what are you expecting from a shooter then?

NemeBro
Sidequests and dungeons.

Zack Fair
I never said its ok for Zelda to be repetitive. There is the problem with whatever issue you have. Every Zelda game feels different. I am talking about the whole package. You can't honestly tell me Twillight Princess, Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and even Ocarina of time are just "copy/paste" like you can with Call of Duty for example. I mean sure you can strip eveyrthing down to the core battle mechanics and dungeons in order to make it look that way. However there is literally nothing more to Halo and Call of Duty. They even reuse cutscenes for ****'s sake.

ares834

Zack Fair

VG_Addict

Why would Nintendo putting their games on other consoles stop them from making the same games? If anything, there'd be even more Mario and Zelda.

When Sega pulled out, they pretty much only made Sonic.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

Zack Fair
Why would anyone want Nintendo to die? The more competition the better.

It eludes me man.

The amount of hate is too damn high.

Besides one of the main reasons Sega died was because they were making shitty games. And that has not changed since they went defunct.

VG_Addict
Going software only didn't work for Atari either. They declared bankruptcy last year.

Zack Fair
Sounds to me like he is a closet Nintendo fan who wants to play the game but doesn't want to buy the console awesome

ares834

VG_Addict
Should Nintendo go software only?

Zack Fair

VG_Addict
Nintendo seems to be taking online more seriously, with Splatoon, which is a 4v4 game.

X, Bayonetta 2, and Devil's Third are steps in the right direction for having more mature games.

I'm interested in how they'll do online for Mario Party 10.

Zack Fair
I haven't seen any of those videos. I'm riding the hype train solely on a 15 seconds video of Zelda.

The fanboyism is strong in this one.
http://i.imgur.com/VQG4s.jpg

Demonic Phoenix
Sounds to me like he is a closet Nintendo fan who wants to play the game but doesn't want to buy the console awesome

I'm that. I've played a bunch of Nintendo games in the past, and I'd like to play a new Zelda game, but I'm not buying their console, not when I prefer a PC or a Playstation.

VG_Addict
But do you think they should just make games?

Zack Fair
Dude you've asked that question like a hundred times.

WTF do you want us to answer with?

VG_Addict
I can't wait for the next few Directs. They should have a LOT of material.

I love how people act like Nintendo gets a free pass for supposedly rehashing the same games, when there have been hundreds, if not thousands of people complaining about them rehashing.

And also when people say Nintendo is for kids, and claim shit like GTA is mature.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I'm that. I've played a bunch of Nintendo games in the past, and I'd like to play a new Zelda game, but I'm not buying their console, not when I prefer a PC or a Playstation. thumb up

Zack Fair
See? You can express the same feeling without sounding butthurt and full of hate. thumb up

NemeBro
See? You can express the same feeling without sounding butthurt and full of hate. thumb up You seem a bit angry. I'd say your choler has definitely risen.

Zack Fair
Says KMC's resident Hulk.Originally posted by VG_Addict
I can't wait for the next few Directs. They should have a LOT of material.

I love how people act like Nintendo gets a free pass for supposedly rehashing the same games, when there have been hundreds, if not thousands of people complaining about them rehashing.

And also when people say Nintendo is for kids, and claim shit like GTA is mature. For the record I don't really care about Halo and CoD being the same shit. I just resent the yearly releases. Not just for those games, but games like Assassin's Creed and others. This tends to halt progress IMO.

Tzeentch
See? You can express the same feeling without sounding butthurt and full of hate. thumb up Only Nintendo fanboys think I sound butthurt and full of hate though.

And they think that about everyone who doesn't sip the Nintendo kool-aid. thumb up

Zack Fair
Comparing Zelda to CoD makes you a hater. thumb up

Am I a fanboy though? Considering I haven't bought anything Nintendo in 12 years lol. hmm

VG_Addict
Only Nintendo fanboys think I sound butthurt and full of hate though.

And they think that about everyone who doesn't sip the Nintendo kool-aid. thumb up

It's not about being butthurt. It's about calling you out when you say something ignorant.

No, but keep using logical fallacies to prove your point.

Tzeentch
Go on VG Addict, finish your thoughts.

Comparing Zelda to CoD makes you a hater. thumb up

Am I a fanboy though? Considering I haven't bought anything Nintendo in 12 years lol. hmm So did you though.

Zack Fair
You lost me there.

VG_Addict
I finished my thoughts.

You can't use the "rehash" argument today. They unveiled 3 new IPs. 2 of Miyamoto's new IPs, and Splatoon.

Are you going to say they have kiddy games? Because X, Bayonetta 2, and Devil's Third say hi.

Zack Fair
Fuq Sony.

*Butthurts into oblivion*

Zack Fair
People need to STFU about The Last Guardian.

*Wields flame shield*

Tzeentch
You should STFU about your face. dur

Bardock42

*Wields flame shield*

NOOOOOOOOO!

Digi
Fuq Sony.

*Butthurts into oblivion*

laughing out loud

-Pr-
I honestly wasn't impressed with either the Sony or Microsoft panels, tbh. Too much pre-rendered crap, not enough talk about the actual games for me.

Astor Ebligis
Zelda on the Wii U looks absolutely breathtaking, literally cannot wait. Like that we finally got a cinematic trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles X, have a feeling it's going to be a lot more like Xenogears/Xenosaga than the first Xenoblade was. If anything it might be merging the gameplay of Xenoblade with the storytelling of Xenogears/saga which will make for an absolutely unbelievable game (not that Xenoblade's story wasn't good, but it wasn't on the level of gears or saga and it didn't have the same tone/style). I actually really liked the look of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker as well; thought it was DLC for SM3DW at first but seems to be its own game.

VG_Addict

Besides one of the main reasons Sega died was because they were making shitty games. And that has not changed since they went defunct.

Really? The Dreamcast era was one of Sega's best software output.

Shenmue
Jet Set Radio
Space Battle 5
Puyo Pop
Phantasy Star Online

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by VG_Addict
But do you think they should just make games?

No video game consoles. They're a generation behind there. IMO they should stick to handhelds. They've typically done well in that department.

VG_Addict
Why should they drop the Wii U, when it's starting to get games?

Demonic Phoenix
Where did I say they should drop the Wii U?

AsbestosFlaygon
Why should they drop the Wii U, when it's starting to get games?
Because it sucks compared to the PS4 and Xbone.

Zack Fair
You should STFU about your face. dur http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii143/OfficialEM/fycn2.gifOriginally posted by Bardock42
NOOOOOOOOO! http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100331085025/uncyclopedia/images/7/7a/DX07.gif

VG_Addict

No it doesn't.

ares834

*Wields flame shield*

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/23/1370237734-hpxjg.gif

Zack Fair
Because it sucks compared to the PS4 and Xbone. Sucks how? Keep in mind I don't own one, but why does it suck? It is too early to make this judgement IMHO.

Astor Ebligis

Only if you count the multi-plat games, that for the most part end up on the PC anyway. Nintendo has by far the best exclusives, and if you have a gaming PC it easily makes the most sense to get a Wii U.

VG_Addict
So, Nintendo struggles, and people say they should go third party.

Nintendo does well, and people STILL say they should go third party.

They just can't win.

Zack Fair
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/23/1370237734-hpxjg.gif http://benjamindefoor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/laugh.jpg

ares834
So, Nintendo struggles, and people say they should go third party.

Nintendo does well, and people STILL say they should go third party.

They just can't win.

It's simple really, people don't like their consoles. The Wii was, IMO, a train wreck getting only one or two game I was interested in a year. The fact that the Wii didn't multiplat games like Skyrim really killed it.

Zack Fair
It's simple really, people don't like their consoles. The Wii was, IMO, a train wreck getting only one or two game I was interested in a year. The fact that the Wii didn't multiplat games like Skyrim really killed it. Agreed. They got no one to blame but themselves. I talked about it in the current/next gen thread. Nintendo's biggest enemy is themselves with their stupid hardware decisions.

VG_Addict
Then they should go software only?

Because the N64 and Gamecube had good hardware.

ares834
How many times have you asked this?

YES! I want Nintendo to drop out of the console race and create games (and handhelds) only.

Zack Fair
Actually their bad hardware decisions started with the N64. They don't want to keep up with the trends and what people and developers want/choose. This has hurt them a great deal.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>