Who would you like to see play Wolverine?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
After Hugh Jackman retires?

One of the unique things about Logan is he's pretty short. Would you choose a short actor to play him? Or does it really matter?

DARTH POWER
I think at this point movie fans would hate it if they replaced Hugh Jackman with some really short guy.

So it may be one of those things that doesn't translate well on the big screen. Especially not for the most popular X-Men character on the big screen who has been portrayed as having pretty much the perfect body for the last 10+years.

roughrider
I'm sure they will come up with someone pretty unknown, just as they did when Hugh Jackman won the role. No names come to mind for me
(Zac Efron? - NO.)

A little look down memory lane, at who was considered in the past -

Dougray Scott - actually won the role! But was forced to drop out after breaking a limb on the set of MI2 (Thanks, Tom Cruise, for screwing up my chance at super-stardom!)

Seriously considered:

Viggo Mortensen
Aaron Eckhart
Edward Norton

janus77
Michael J Fox.

roughrider
Originally posted by janus77
Michael J Fox.

Well, he is Canadian. roll eyes (sarcastic)

JayDaDon
Tom hardy

BruceSkywalker
justin bieber

Firefly218
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Tom hardy

thumb up

Tzeentch
Edward Norton as Wolverine sounds... ****ing hilarious.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
justin bieber

oh come on now, you guys want bieber don't you laughing

roughrider
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Edward Norton as Wolverine sounds... ****ing hilarious.

I think it was because in the casting process during 1999, Norton's Oscar nominated performance as a brutal skinhead in American History X was fresh in their minds.

Stoic
Liam Hemsworth

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Stoic
Liam Hemsworth

he might work.. can you photoshop a pic??

Firefly218
Originally posted by Stoic
Liam Hemsworth

Nah, he'd be too Thorry

JayDaDon
Once upon a time Russell Crowe would have been perfect. Hes kinda old now.

Mindship
Jason Statham (who's just a yr older thn Jackmn).

JayDaDon
Statham with hair would look comical at this point. ESPECIALLY Wolverine's hair.

OnslaughtKILLS
Arnold Schwarzenegger

jinXed by JaNx
Jack Nicholson or jack black

BruceSkywalker
Robert Pattinson

Daniel Radcliffe , oh wait he wants to be Robin lol

Gal Gadot laughing laughing

JayDaDon
Actually Nicholson in his Cuckoo's nest days would have been one hell of a Wolverine.

Mindship
http://37.media.tumblr.com/788f01abc6548e8fbef28497635a04fa/tumblr_myzoknSrHA1rcsnl1o1_500.jpg

roughrider
Actually Nicholson in his Cuckoo's nest days would have been one hell of a Wolverine.

Dave Cockrum's drawing of Wolverine in the 1970's looked like he was patterned after Nicholson. By comparison, John Byrne's version of him resembled a young Robert Shaw.

BruceSkywalker
how about 3 actors from true blood..

joel manganiello
ryan kwanten
alexander skarsgard

roughrider
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
how about 3 actors from true blood..

alexander skarsgard

I see Alex as more the Daken type, with the shape of his face and the right haircut.

Let's remember that Jackman, great as he is, fell into the role when Dougray Scott got injured on MI2. We forgave him being a lot taller than the real Logan because he was so great (and about 3-4 inches taller than Dougray Scott as well.) Maybe they should actively look for an actor who's under 6 feet this time.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by roughrider
I see Alex as more the Daken type, with the shape of his face and the right haircut.

Let's remember that Jackman, great as he is, fell into the role when Dougray Scott got injured on MI2. We forgave him being a lot taller than the real Logan because he was so great (and about 3-4 inches taller than Dougray Scott as well.) Maybe they should actively look for an actor who's under 6 feet this time.

i am kind of hoping they don't and stay with a actor over 6ft.

JayDaDon
Skaarsgard is SUPER tall tho

roughrider
Which is why he was considered for Thor. Generally, Thor and Wolverine actors should have opposite looks.

JayDaDon
Which is why id still say Tom Hardy would be great.

BruceSkywalker
Skaarsgard is SUPER tall tho

i have always wondered how he would've looked as thor..

I agree Tom Hardy would be great as Logan

roughrider

He's already taken over the role of Mad Max, and is being courted for Dr. Strange (though I hope Benedict Cumberbatch gets it), after already playing Bane. How many famous genre roles can he handle and people accept him in?

JayDaDon
I doubt he'll be Dr. Strange. That's a very odd casting choice to me. And Jackman is going to be Logan for atleast the next 2 movies so that's still a ways down the road.

Mindset
Mads Mikkelsen should be Dr. Strange.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.