Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I'm really looking forward to this game, without a doubt.

If you guys don't know alot about it, here's the gist:

"Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars is an upcoming open world action-adventure video game developed by United Front Games in conjunction with Square Enix London Studios and published by Square Enix. It is the second installment in the Sleeping Dogs series.

In October 2013, United Front Games confirmed that a game, titled Triad Wars, set within Sleeping Dogs' universe was in production. The developer confirmed that it would be published by Square Enix, and would be shown to the public in 2014. It will be released for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as well as their predecessors and Microsoft Windows."

I'm pretty sure by "predecessors" they mean Xbox 360, and PS3.

But I'm hoping so.

Jmanghan
No one likes sleeping dogs.v.v

Kazenji
I do

need some footage.

-Pr-
I really enjoyed the first one, so I hope we see more of this soon.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
I do

need some footage.

That's the thing, I may have started this thread a bit early, there is one screenshot, and it's horribly blurry.

Jmanghan
First and ONLY screenshot of the game:

http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/12/sleeping_dogs_triad_Wars.jpg

Jmanghan
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really enjoyed the first one, so I hope we see more of this soon. I don't know how to compare the two, seeing as we do not have any footage, just a screenshot.

Kazenji
The first one is getting a next gen release with all the DLC with it

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-13486-Sleeping-Dogs-HD-Coming-to-PS4---Xbox-One.html

Jmanghan
The first one is getting a next gen release with all the DLC with it

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-13486-Sleeping-Dogs-HD-Coming-to-PS4---Xbox-One.html

Well dayum, that's interesting.

I'm looking forward to this game more-so though, it's being released on all current and next-gen consoles.

On top of that, it's a sequel, which means we may see Batman Arkham-Worthy combat. Maybe not exactly, but it could be more fluid then the last game, on top of the choices giving deeper meaning to the story. Like, you might actually be able to choose the protagonists fate.

Kazenji
I'm just surprised something like that is even getting released for next gen and yet no Game of year edition or anything of that sort for last gen

again why have they even bothered to do new consoles, When so far alot of the games are just HD remakes of previous games.

Jmanghan
I'm just surprised something like that is even getting released for next gen and yet no Game of year edition or anything of that sort for last gen

again why have they even bothered to do new consoles, When so far alot of the games are just HD remakes of previous games.

Very True, plus we're missing out on games that shoulda been released for current gen consoles, like KH3, Dead Rising 3. Why would we wanna buy brand new consoles? Honestly?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Very True, plus we're missing out on games that shoulda been released for current gen consoles, like KH3, Dead Rising 3. Why would we wanna buy brand new consoles? Honestly?

Dead Rising 3 did get released, Xbox one.

Jmanghan
Dead Rising 3 did get released, Xbox one.

I meant on current Gen, what I meant by that was, why would I wanna go out and get a new console now when there are already plenty of games for the current gen consoles.

Kazenji
I get that they're doing multiple releases, Because more people still own the previous consoles but they're going to have to stop eventually.

Kazenji
It won't be a sequel this one, More of a spin-off set in the same world & also PC only

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/09/sleeping-dogs-spinoff-looks-well-hrm/

Smasandian
Never got into the game. I liked the combat system and the story seemed interesting but I always got the feeling that I was playing a game and that the world felt lifeless.

Jmanghan
"Triad Wars is a spin-off to the 2012 video game Sleeping Dogs and the second installment in the Sleeping Dogs series. The game will have more traditional MMO elements than Sleeping Dogs, with the central goal being to "rise to power as a criminal kingpin of the Triad underworld."

"United Front Games teased that Triad Wars would be a PC online game on 19 September 2014. A reveal took place on 22 September 2014, which included an announcement trailer."

watch?v=LLBUHLVLpAQ

Jmanghan
I'm honestly not as hyped as before, knowing that it won't be a direct sequel, and it's gonna be more like an MMO.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
"Triad Wars is a spin-off to the 2012 video game Sleeping Dogs and the second installment in the Sleeping Dogs series. The game will have more traditional MMO elements than Sleeping Dogs, with the central goal being to "rise to power as a criminal kingpin of the Triad underworld."

"United Front Games teased that Triad Wars would be a PC online game on 19 September 2014. A reveal took place on 22 September 2014, which included an announcement trailer."

watch?v=LLBUHLVLpAQ

The link that i posted pretty much covered all that...anyway.

Jmanghan
The link that i posted pretty much covered all that...anyway. O-Oh... XD

Jmanghan
watch?v=ZCBJ4EVI0C4

IGN News talks about Triad Wars.

Jmanghan
watch?v=QG6uSnlLUIc

Jmanghan
Some actual gameplay, a bunch of it:

watch?v=0IlEZvo7paQ

watch?v=yVzK4PinD_8

watch?v=j3rG8qf7hhk

Jmanghan
The closed beta is finally here for those who wanna sign up.

Jmanghan
So, the beta was alright.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.